Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Two-fodder Team?? one dragon not working
Ok, so I got one dragon that is level 25 with all the right moves. I have read the guides and even went to youtube to see how its done and when I go to try she dies within a few hits. Iam i missing something? The guides and the youtube videos are old so has the Coliseum changed its states and thats why its not working? Here is the dragon in question, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80728519][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/807286/80728519_350.png[/img][/url]
Ok, so I got one dragon that is level 25 with all the right moves. I have read the guides and even went to youtube to see how its done and when I go to try she dies within a few hits.
Iam i missing something? The guides and the youtube videos are old so has the Coliseum changed its states and thats why its not working?
Here is the dragon in question,
80728519_350.png

k0661lh.gif7FBoN0d.gif
@Nieomy

Which venue are you battling in? From her stats, it looks like you're following Maki's Crystal Pools trainer, which is specifically designed to handle Crystal Pools enemies. If you're battling anywhere else, you're going to struggle.

EDIT: Even with the proper build in the proper venue, remember that you can refresh the Coliseum to get different packs of enemies as many times as you want - which is mostly important for starting a run. Learn which enemies are physical attackers vs. magic users, and try to start your Coliseum runs on packs of magic users.

I'm not sure which video you watched, but I recommend resetting her stats with a Tincture of Dissolution picking a Mire build instead. The Mire is the fastest training venue, Arcane is the best element to tackle it, and she's already got the stones most of these builds recommend. You can review the Coli Builds List, but I personally use the MireFisher.
@Nieomy

Which venue are you battling in? From her stats, it looks like you're following Maki's Crystal Pools trainer, which is specifically designed to handle Crystal Pools enemies. If you're battling anywhere else, you're going to struggle.

EDIT: Even with the proper build in the proper venue, remember that you can refresh the Coliseum to get different packs of enemies as many times as you want - which is mostly important for starting a run. Learn which enemies are physical attackers vs. magic users, and try to start your Coliseum runs on packs of magic users.

I'm not sure which video you watched, but I recommend resetting her stats with a Tincture of Dissolution picking a Mire build instead. The Mire is the fastest training venue, Arcane is the best element to tackle it, and she's already got the stones most of these builds recommend. You can review the Coli Builds List, but I personally use the MireFisher.
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
@NightmareJudge
I have tried the crystal pools and followed the guide to the T and still she died in a few moves, so thats why im so confused. Ill check out the MireFisher, and ill probably reset her stats for the Mire.
@NightmareJudge
I have tried the crystal pools and followed the guide to the T and still she died in a few moves, so thats why im so confused. Ill check out the MireFisher, and ill probably reset her stats for the Mire.
k0661lh.gif7FBoN0d.gif
@Nieomy Now I'm curious. Could you please direct me to the guide(s) you used? Depending on when they were posted, they may have been rendered outdated by later Coliseum updates...or there's something else we're missing. I don't have much experience with that Pools build, but some general tips: [LIST=1] [*]In case you missed my edit, [b]part of the problem might be your "starting packs."[/b] As you might have noticed, enemies that use Meditate need at least 1 turn before attacking, while enemies using Scratch can burn you down quickly. If that's how you're starting every run, that might explain the problem. When you're dealing with a pack you can't handle, you can [b]refresh the page[/b] and re-enter the venue for a new pack of enemies, with no penalty besides your Breath resetting to 0. Learning when to refresh (i.e. which enemies use Scratch vs. Meditate) can be a huge time-saver in getting the ball rolling - and save you from losing energy if you're about to faint. It might go without saying, but most 2-fodder trainers will refresh when facing a [b]boss enemy,[/b] even at full Breath. It's possible, but tricky, as trainer builds aren't meant to handle longer battles. My strategy is to use Haste on the fodder dragons so they can Defend as better damage sponges, or use health potions on the trainer! [*][b]Are you making use of all your stones?[/b] Remember that Rally & Haste last for several turns, and can last longer if used on your second turn. My usual starting pattern is Scratch/Haste the trainer/Scratch repeatedly until you've built up enough Breath to use Eliminate. After that, [b]Rally/Eliminate everything,[/b] with occasional pauses to Scratch an enemy for extra Breath if you have enough turns. If your health gets low, you can use Sap for a boost, or use a health potion if you've got them. (Pro tip: the potion-fodder strategy can work in regular battles if you're able to stall!) You'll want to adjust your strategies for different packs of enemies, of course, but those are the kinds of "rules" you learn from experience. For example, I always Haste first when facing [gamedb monster=109], since they're the fastest physical attacker. Dodges also exist, so building up enough Breath for 1 or 2 extra Eliminates if you miss one can be vital. [*]If you haven't played against these enemies and aren't sure which use Meditate, [b]the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database][u]Game Database[/u][/url] has you covered![/b] You can search for individual enemies in the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/monsters][u]Monsters[/u][/url] tab, or see a list of enemies per venue in the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/stages][u]Stages[/u][/url] tab. You can review the enemy's stats on their individual pages; enemies with higher INT will be using Meditate, and since you're using the MireFisher build now, you can comfortably Scratch/Eliminate OR Rally/Eliminate every non-boss enemy, prioritizing the ones with higher QCK or more damaging attacks. [/LIST] I hope the Mire treats you better! [emoji=new friend]
@Nieomy

Now I'm curious. Could you please direct me to the guide(s) you used? Depending on when they were posted, they may have been rendered outdated by later Coliseum updates...or there's something else we're missing.

I don't have much experience with that Pools build, but some general tips:
  1. In case you missed my edit, part of the problem might be your "starting packs." As you might have noticed, enemies that use Meditate need at least 1 turn before attacking, while enemies using Scratch can burn you down quickly. If that's how you're starting every run, that might explain the problem.

When you're dealing with a pack you can't handle, you can refresh the page and re-enter the venue for a new pack of enemies, with no penalty besides your Breath resetting to 0. Learning when to refresh (i.e. which enemies use Scratch vs. Meditate) can be a huge time-saver in getting the ball rolling - and save you from losing energy if you're about to faint.

It might go without saying, but most 2-fodder trainers will refresh when facing a boss enemy, even at full Breath. It's possible, but tricky, as trainer builds aren't meant to handle longer battles. My strategy is to use Haste on the fodder dragons so they can Defend as better damage sponges, or use health potions on the trainer!
  2. Are you making use of all your stones? Remember that Rally & Haste last for several turns, and can last longer if used on your second turn. My usual starting pattern is Scratch/Haste the trainer/Scratch repeatedly until you've built up enough Breath to use Eliminate.

After that, Rally/Eliminate everything, with occasional pauses to Scratch an enemy for extra Breath if you have enough turns. If your health gets low, you can use Sap for a boost, or use a health potion if you've got them. (Pro tip: the potion-fodder strategy can work in regular battles if you're able to stall!)

You'll want to adjust your strategies for different packs of enemies, of course, but those are the kinds of "rules" you learn from experience. For example, I always Haste first when facing Scythe Kamaitachi, since they're the fastest physical attacker. Dodges also exist, so building up enough Breath for 1 or 2 extra Eliminates if you miss one can be vital.
  3. If you haven't played against these enemies and aren't sure which use Meditate, the Game Database has you covered! You can search for individual enemies in the Monsters tab, or see a list of enemies per venue in the Stages tab.

You can review the enemy's stats on their individual pages; enemies with higher INT will be using Meditate, and since you're using the MireFisher build now, you can comfortably Scratch/Eliminate OR Rally/Eliminate every non-boss enemy, prioritizing the ones with higher QCK or more damaging attacks.
I hope the Mire treats you better!
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares

-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
@NightmareJudge
This is the guide i was using https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1344211/14#post_37194672
I reset her stats and its working in the mire now. I figured it out! I used the Link you sent for the MireFisher and that guide is working great!
@NightmareJudge
This is the guide i was using https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1344211/14#post_37194672
I reset her stats and its working in the mire now. I figured it out! I used the Link you sent for the MireFisher and that guide is working great!
k0661lh.gif7FBoN0d.gif
@Nieomy

Thanks! What about the YouTube video you mentioned? If you can find it again, I wanted to know if it's still in-date.

Glad it's working out! If you have further questions, you're in the right place.
@Nieomy

Thanks! What about the YouTube video you mentioned? If you can find it again, I wanted to know if it's still in-date.

Glad it's working out! If you have further questions, you're in the right place.
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares

-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
@NightmareJudge

It was like the first video on youtube searching flightrising coli guide.
The videos were from 6-9 years ago.
@NightmareJudge

It was like the first video on youtube searching flightrising coli guide.
The videos were from 6-9 years ago.
k0661lh.gif7FBoN0d.gif