Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Images/GIFs not working properly for me?
So I noticed that some images don’t load properly for me on this site. Not just images I posted, either. Banners for hatcheries, images people are sharing, gifs — the list goes on and on. I know it’s not the images being broken either because other people will comment about what the image is.

If I am the one posting the image, the images will appear just fine when I preview my comment. However, my images will not appear for me when I post it. They just look like a URL link that I can’t click.

This problem starting appearing maybe a month or so ago. It’s only Flight Rising, as well.

Is there a reason behind this?
So I noticed that some images don’t load properly for me on this site. Not just images I posted, either. Banners for hatcheries, images people are sharing, gifs — the list goes on and on. I know it’s not the images being broken either because other people will comment about what the image is.

If I am the one posting the image, the images will appear just fine when I preview my comment. However, my images will not appear for me when I post it. They just look like a URL link that I can’t click.

This problem starting appearing maybe a month or so ago. It’s only Flight Rising, as well.

Is there a reason behind this?
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
@JoweeTheRaposa
Check your browser settings and extensions for any privacy-related stuff blocking image hosts. This sometimes happens on Firefox or with privacy extensions like Privacy Badger, they get a false positive and then block the host. Your main sources of images on FR will likely be imgur and Discord, which I've definitely seen get picked up by privacy settings before.
@JoweeTheRaposa
Check your browser settings and extensions for any privacy-related stuff blocking image hosts. This sometimes happens on Firefox or with privacy extensions like Privacy Badger, they get a false positive and then block the host. Your main sources of images on FR will likely be imgur and Discord, which I've definitely seen get picked up by privacy settings before.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
@Tserin

Hmm, I use Safari (I’m on an iPad due to my computer being absolutely terrible). I checked my privacy settings and nothing mentioned images. I did try turning off certain ones, but nothing seemed to help. I also turned off my VPN (I use McAfee), but that didn’t do anything either.

@Tserin

Hmm, I use Safari (I’m on an iPad due to my computer being absolutely terrible). I checked my privacy settings and nothing mentioned images. I did try turning off certain ones, but nothing seemed to help. I also turned off my VPN (I use McAfee), but that didn’t do anything either.

@JoweeTheRaposa

Are you accessing FR on your own private network or are you using a network controlled by someone else (e.g. school or work)?
@JoweeTheRaposa

Are you accessing FR on your own private network or are you using a network controlled by someone else (e.g. school or work)?
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
@SeaCrest

It’s my home wi-fi.
@SeaCrest

It’s my home wi-fi.
@JoweeTheRaposa

Nothing there, then. If it wasn't your own wi-fi, I'd suggest that certain domains had been blocked by your network admin, but I don't think that's the case here, then!
@JoweeTheRaposa

Nothing there, then. If it wasn't your own wi-fi, I'd suggest that certain domains had been blocked by your network admin, but I don't think that's the case here, then!
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
@JoweeTheRaposa
Have you tried clearing your cache? I'd also try private/incognito mode - if that works, you've got an extension that's gone wonky in the background.
@JoweeTheRaposa
Have you tried clearing your cache? I'd also try private/incognito mode - if that works, you've got an extension that's gone wonky in the background.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@Vendrus

I cleared everything and I am on Private rn. The images are still blocked. I also updated my iPad (because I noticed that it was out of date). Still nothing.

I dunno if Apple did something during a previous update. I know they sometimes try to subtly slow down older models, and my iPad is a few years old. It’s an iPad Mini 4, I think.
@Vendrus

I cleared everything and I am on Private rn. The images are still blocked. I also updated my iPad (because I noticed that it was out of date). Still nothing.

I dunno if Apple did something during a previous update. I know they sometimes try to subtly slow down older models, and my iPad is a few years old. It’s an iPad Mini 4, I think.