Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Coliseum - Scratch and Elim?
i've been rather confused lately lol

a lot of the coliseum guides say that it takes 1 scratch and 1 eliminate to kill most enemies. how are they getting enough breath to do that? scratch gives like no breath and you'd have to do like 6 scratches to be able to do eliminate anyway... right? none of the guides i've read say this is after multiple fights (like, they saved breath up and then used elim) so i'm very confused :,D

(my coliseum team is made up of 3 level 19 dragons, two 89 str fighters and one 76 int healer, if that helps at all)
i've been rather confused lately lol

a lot of the coliseum guides say that it takes 1 scratch and 1 eliminate to kill most enemies. how are they getting enough breath to do that? scratch gives like no breath and you'd have to do like 6 scratches to be able to do eliminate anyway... right? none of the guides i've read say this is after multiple fights (like, they saved breath up and then used elim) so i'm very confused :,D

(my coliseum team is made up of 3 level 19 dragons, two 89 str fighters and one 76 int healer, if that helps at all)
@SilhouetteX One scratch and eliminate is assuming you've already built up enough breath for eliminate. Since breath carries over between battles you only need to build up breath once to be able to go until an enemy misses.
@SilhouetteX One scratch and eliminate is assuming you've already built up enough breath for eliminate. Since breath carries over between battles you only need to build up breath once to be able to go until an enemy misses.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
@lonin ah okay, that part was just often not included in anything i've read! it makes sense but yeah :,) thanks
@lonin ah okay, that part was just often not included in anything i've read! it makes sense but yeah :,) thanks
@SilhouetteX

Yes, building up Breath with Scratch to charge Eliminate is how it's done. That's why Ambush and QCK are so important--they give extra turns to get in hits before the monsters do. At L19 you should have 2 per dragon.

L19 dragons stats for dragons with Eliminate:

100 STR/50 QCK using 2 Ambush and 3 Berserkers each (Berserker adds +3 QCK each so keep that in mind if you don't have them applied).

edit: ninja'd!

Also, when leveling up nearly all monsters should go down with Scratch+Eliminate (once charged) except the bosses.
@SilhouetteX

Yes, building up Breath with Scratch to charge Eliminate is how it's done. That's why Ambush and QCK are so important--they give extra turns to get in hits before the monsters do. At L19 you should have 2 per dragon.

L19 dragons stats for dragons with Eliminate:

100 STR/50 QCK using 2 Ambush and 3 Berserkers each (Berserker adds +3 QCK each so keep that in mind if you don't have them applied).

edit: ninja'd!

Also, when leveling up nearly all monsters should go down with Scratch+Eliminate (once charged) except the bosses.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Antimoany I know they're based on level 25, but the breath gain doesn't change based on the level obviously and that's pretty much all I was wondering haha. and yes, I'm statting as I go. I have levelled these dragons since 1 without any guides, but I've tinctured them twice to try and fit the guide (which is straining my bank account lol, since selling food from your hoard really doesn't give you that much lmao-) this is the guide for reference

@nightwind I have 1 berserker each fighter and the rest is might fragments. I also have 1 ambush per dragon currently. I simply can't afford anything else at the moment haha- which is why I've started looking at guides.

@Antimoany I know they're based on level 25, but the breath gain doesn't change based on the level obviously and that's pretty much all I was wondering haha. and yes, I'm statting as I go. I have levelled these dragons since 1 without any guides, but I've tinctured them twice to try and fit the guide (which is straining my bank account lol, since selling food from your hoard really doesn't give you that much lmao-) this is the guide for reference

@nightwind I have 1 berserker each fighter and the rest is might fragments. I also have 1 ambush per dragon currently. I simply can't afford anything else at the moment haha- which is why I've started looking at guides.

@SilhouetteX

In that case keep on with your team but do not tincture them again until you hit L25 and have all the stones you want on them. Culex's guide is still the best for leveling up a team but after that there are many more efficient builds.

Also, food tends to have the highest reliable profit margin when selling to other players. Check the AH for current prices.

More money-making tips here. My guide on selling coli drops is here.
@SilhouetteX

In that case keep on with your team but do not tincture them again until you hit L25 and have all the stones you want on them. Culex's guide is still the best for leveling up a team but after that there are many more efficient builds.

Also, food tends to have the highest reliable profit margin when selling to other players. Check the AH for current prices.

More money-making tips here. My guide on selling coli drops is here.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@nightwind thanks again :) I hope this stuff helps! playing mahjong 30 times a day may not be best- /lh XD
@nightwind thanks again :) I hope this stuff helps! playing mahjong 30 times a day may not be best- /lh XD
@SilhouetteX

If you can wrap your head around Glimmer and Gloom it takes 15 minutes to max out the Fairgrounds.

Guide.

Personally, I gave up on doing it on Hard because of internet issues so I switched to Medium difficulty so I wouldn't have to restart games all the time. I'd rather miss out on a 400t payout instead. Medium takes 20-25 minutes to do.
@SilhouetteX

If you can wrap your head around Glimmer and Gloom it takes 15 minutes to max out the Fairgrounds.

Guide.

Personally, I gave up on doing it on Hard because of internet issues so I switched to Medium difficulty so I wouldn't have to restart games all the time. I'd rather miss out on a 400t payout instead. Medium takes 20-25 minutes to do.

@nightwind yes, I have looked at that guide! It's kinda hard to wrap my head around though lol. There's another guide, with a spreadsheet that solves it, but it's virtually impossible on mobile, and I spend a lot of my time on mobile so I usually just default to mahjong haha. but I'm interested in the guide you sent because it's more like figuring it out yourself, without the spreadsheet crutch- lol.

edit: thanks for suggesting medium, this is much easier to figure out :,D
@nightwind yes, I have looked at that guide! It's kinda hard to wrap my head around though lol. There's another guide, with a spreadsheet that solves it, but it's virtually impossible on mobile, and I spend a lot of my time on mobile so I usually just default to mahjong haha. but I'm interested in the guide you sent because it's more like figuring it out yourself, without the spreadsheet crutch- lol.

edit: thanks for suggesting medium, this is much easier to figure out :,D