Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Just trying to get started: Art Shops!
1 2
@Skuttlefish
Your price sounds legit to me :) These works require MANY hours, and I also charge similar prices!
@Skuttlefish
Your price sounds legit to me :) These works require MANY hours, and I also charge similar prices!
szLFrpq.png
yZ46GGS.png
dBieivA.png
mmoRz30.png
OuP0IWM.png
4SzSxLW.png
E27J5Sp.png2aALZUV.png Looking for a KS familiar!
KNGiWy8.png
sjOWyhv.png
1WumNJq.png
7umcBmn.png
FObX7rS.png
[quote name="Mahogi" date="2021-05-19 14:34:45" ] Your price sounds legit to me :) These works require MANY hours, and I also charge similar prices! [/quote] @Mahogi Sounds good to me. I'll probably also say I'm pretty flexible with prices and people can just like... ask me what I'm willing to do for what price. Anyways thanks for your super timely reply! I think I'm nearly ready for a shop now!
Mahogi wrote on 2021-05-19 14:34:45:
@Mahogi
Sounds good to me. I'll probably also say I'm pretty flexible with prices and people can just like... ask me what I'm willing to do for what price.

Anyways thanks for your super timely reply! I think I'm nearly ready for a shop now!
@Skuttlefish

I have to say at 100g / 100kt you're really way undercharging here especially since you have very high quality art!

If you're doing adoptables (making one base and recoloring) I'd say a bare minimum 300g + charge extra for more complex genes and/or clothing and accents. If you'd rather do a flat rate I'd say at least 500g

However, if you're doing commissions (drawing each dragon from scratch) I'd say minimum 1000g

If you wanted to have a cheaper option for people like you said with have headshots, those I'd say 100g would be reasonable if you're making them from bases and 500g for commissions

Even if dragons are easier for you to draw going from 50USD to 1USD is an absurd price cut for the time and effort art takes as well as level of quality. Even these suggestions are kinda low price wise but they may be good starting points then you could most likely increase price as time goes on

And these are just recommendations! Sorry if its too much info or seems a little pushy, I just hate seeing artists undersell their work and I see it too often especially here ;;
@Skuttlefish

I have to say at 100g / 100kt you're really way undercharging here especially since you have very high quality art!

If you're doing adoptables (making one base and recoloring) I'd say a bare minimum 300g + charge extra for more complex genes and/or clothing and accents. If you'd rather do a flat rate I'd say at least 500g

However, if you're doing commissions (drawing each dragon from scratch) I'd say minimum 1000g

If you wanted to have a cheaper option for people like you said with have headshots, those I'd say 100g would be reasonable if you're making them from bases and 500g for commissions

Even if dragons are easier for you to draw going from 50USD to 1USD is an absurd price cut for the time and effort art takes as well as level of quality. Even these suggestions are kinda low price wise but they may be good starting points then you could most likely increase price as time goes on

And these are just recommendations! Sorry if its too much info or seems a little pushy, I just hate seeing artists undersell their work and I see it too often especially here ;;
LddyQeY.png
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png 2nNPLga.giftumblr_inline_nbe8e2NZyN1qg78ij.png
@HoneycombPrince

No no, not pushy at all! For some reason I’m just nervous about the conversion rather than undercharging, usually my full body stuff goes from 50 USD at the lowest and simplest to 100 USD or so, but I was not planning on having people actually pay me in anything other than in game money. I suppose because that conceptually is new to me. Back in the day the forums I visited prohibited asked for outside sources of compensation.

For like a huge big piece I was going to ask for like 2500g - 5000g, I merely meant for every dollar I would price my commissions in USD to be x100 in gems.

I hope that makes sense, when I’m not as busy I should write out my prices more definitively. I’ll be back when I can!

Thanks for the advice though I am really needing it. There are problems with undercharging and overcharging so I just want to get it right!
@HoneycombPrince

No no, not pushy at all! For some reason I’m just nervous about the conversion rather than undercharging, usually my full body stuff goes from 50 USD at the lowest and simplest to 100 USD or so, but I was not planning on having people actually pay me in anything other than in game money. I suppose because that conceptually is new to me. Back in the day the forums I visited prohibited asked for outside sources of compensation.

For like a huge big piece I was going to ask for like 2500g - 5000g, I merely meant for every dollar I would price my commissions in USD to be x100 in gems.

I hope that makes sense, when I’m not as busy I should write out my prices more definitively. I’ll be back when I can!

Thanks for the advice though I am really needing it. There are problems with undercharging and overcharging so I just want to get it right!
1 2