Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Adopt sales
I’m thinking about making a snake adopt but I’m not sure if I can use/slightly trace other peoples art that I’ve seen in books. Thanks!
I’m thinking about making a snake adopt but I’m not sure if I can use/slightly trace other peoples art that I’ve seen in books. Thanks!
66338221.png
@Berun if it's a base and it's free to use, then it should be okay. If it's a colored drawing, I don't think you can trace them ^^
@Berun if it's a base and it's free to use, then it should be okay. If it's a colored drawing, I don't think you can trace them ^^
oN0doZI.gif

SilverRipple
Female ~ She/They
FR+15 hrs
@Berun
Tracing is extremely frowned upon and disliked in the art community. Many artists do not allow others to trace their art and you should respect that.

Bases that are free to use commercially should be fine, as the artist is fine with you using them for your own sales. Better to make your own bases, though.
@Berun
Tracing is extremely frowned upon and disliked in the art community. Many artists do not allow others to trace their art and you should respect that.

Bases that are free to use commercially should be fine, as the artist is fine with you using them for your own sales. Better to make your own bases, though.
fo11Vhp.png
@Naeryl Then an I allowed to use the pose as a reference?
@Naeryl Then an I allowed to use the pose as a reference?
66338221.png
@Berun
This again varies from artist to artist. Some don't allow others to reference their art, but others are fine with it. Using photographs as references for drawing is definitely the better method unless it's clear the artist does not mind if others use their art as references.
@Berun
This again varies from artist to artist. Some don't allow others to reference their art, but others are fine with it. Using photographs as references for drawing is definitely the better method unless it's clear the artist does not mind if others use their art as references.
fo11Vhp.png