Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Breeding cooldown/items/dates help
I've never used items or really paid all that much attention to cooldowns, but I'm starting a project that I was hoping to only be bred on special dates, and would like someone to double check what I'm doing.
[fixing my calendar in here, bear with me, old will be added to the bottom of this post]

Plentiful can be bred every 15 days,
swiftboon 7 days when used, 8 days added to next cooldown. Following cooldown needs 23 days.

My notes/days between:

January 1st (New Year)
-44 days between-
February 14th (Valentines) Start!
-14 days, either skip valentines or use a boon: 8 days-
2026 Leap year February 28th
-Regular year from valentines 31 days-
March 17th(St.Patricks Day- skip in favor of spring equinox -
-17 days to april-
March 20th (Spring Equinox) (can use boon to hit Easter and still hit May 9th?)
-15 days to april-
April 4th (Easter Sunday)
-34 days from easter, clear from StPatty-
May 9th (Mothers Day)
-29 days-
*June 8th Site Anniversary!
-12 days, need 7 with swiftboon-
June 20th (Fathers Day- doubles as the solstice)
-25 days from site anniversary, 23 days needed from swiftboon-
July 4th (Independance day, must skip if swiftboon for June 20th)
August 13th Friday the 13th
-39 days (? def miscounted but w/e, enough)-
September 22nd Autumnal Equinox 2021
-39 days from equinox, in the clear from boon-
October 31st (Halloween)
-25 days to 25th thanksgiving-
November (Idk if i want to choose thanksgiving)
-eh more than 21-
December 21st winter solstice (swiftboon brood for Jan 1st? )
-11 days between, can set with swiftboon, 7 days needed, 23 needed after Jan 1st-
December (skip christmas for January 1st)

Did I do this right?

sorry this is such a mess, and thank you for any help!

original post:
So there's 15 days (plentiful) between breeding cooldown, +5 days incubation, hatch on the 6th day.
21 days total, plus the day I intend to hatch the nest on, so 22 days.
Swiftboon, 7 days +5, 12 days total between dates not including hatch, and 29 directly after swiftboon. 13 and 30 with hatching.
(This is what im not sure is right, i never really paid attention.)

I intend to hit January 1st (and if need skip christmas), if I was to hit December 24th or 25th, I wouldnt be able to get that with a swiftboon, right? There are only 7 days between, and half of 15 is 7.5. So with incubation, I don't think I can get both.
The december solstice is the 21st which would add 3-4 more days, but would that be enough?
I've never used items or really paid all that much attention to cooldowns, but I'm starting a project that I was hoping to only be bred on special dates, and would like someone to double check what I'm doing.
[fixing my calendar in here, bear with me, old will be added to the bottom of this post]

Plentiful can be bred every 15 days,
swiftboon 7 days when used, 8 days added to next cooldown. Following cooldown needs 23 days.

My notes/days between:

January 1st (New Year)
-44 days between-
February 14th (Valentines) Start!
-14 days, either skip valentines or use a boon: 8 days-
2026 Leap year February 28th
-Regular year from valentines 31 days-
March 17th(St.Patricks Day- skip in favor of spring equinox -
-17 days to april-
March 20th (Spring Equinox) (can use boon to hit Easter and still hit May 9th?)
-15 days to april-
April 4th (Easter Sunday)
-34 days from easter, clear from StPatty-
May 9th (Mothers Day)
-29 days-
*June 8th Site Anniversary!
-12 days, need 7 with swiftboon-
June 20th (Fathers Day- doubles as the solstice)
-25 days from site anniversary, 23 days needed from swiftboon-
July 4th (Independance day, must skip if swiftboon for June 20th)
August 13th Friday the 13th
-39 days (? def miscounted but w/e, enough)-
September 22nd Autumnal Equinox 2021
-39 days from equinox, in the clear from boon-
October 31st (Halloween)
-25 days to 25th thanksgiving-
November (Idk if i want to choose thanksgiving)
-eh more than 21-
December 21st winter solstice (swiftboon brood for Jan 1st? )
-11 days between, can set with swiftboon, 7 days needed, 23 needed after Jan 1st-
December (skip christmas for January 1st)

Did I do this right?

sorry this is such a mess, and thank you for any help!

original post:
So there's 15 days (plentiful) between breeding cooldown, +5 days incubation, hatch on the 6th day.
Swiftboon, 7 days +5, 12 days total between dates not including hatch, and 29 directly after swiftboon. 13 and 30 with hatching.
(This is what im not sure is right, i never really paid attention.)

I intend to hit January 1st (and if need skip christmas), if I was to hit December 24th or 25th, I wouldnt be able to get that with a swiftboon, right? There are only 7 days between, and half of 15 is 7.5. So with incubation, I don't think I can get both.
The december solstice is the 21st which would add 3-4 more days, but would that be enough?
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
@Antimoany Oh! Thank you, I didnt realize that, I'll get to redoing my math.

Do you know if I used a boon on a plentiful then, since the cooldown is 15, and 7.5 is half, would it be 8 days since it's not split evenly?
@Antimoany Oh! Thank you, I didnt realize that, I'll get to redoing my math.

Do you know if I used a boon on a plentiful then, since the cooldown is 15, and 7.5 is half, would it be 8 days since it's not split evenly?
DSfOOlg.png
@Stormfly So a lot of this is over my head but I thiiiink I can comment on this part (unless I'm rather mistaken): [quote name="Stormfly" date="2021-01-26 16:04:53" ] So there's 15 days (plentiful) between breeding cooldown, +5 days incubation, hatch on the 6th day. 21 days total, plus the day I intend to hatch the nest on, so 22 days.[/quote] Two things: 1. The incubation time does not factor into the cooldown time. Two plentiful breeds can be stuck on a nest every 15 days, not every 15+nest time! (You can see this because there are dragons on my nests now and their cooldown times are going down already even though they're still on the nest.) 2. You can nest 5 days before the day you intend to hatch, not 6, because you can do one incubation right when you nest. So if you want to hatch on, say, the 20th, you can stick them on as late as the 15th. Example: 15th: nest, incubate 1 16th: incubate 2 17th: incubate 3 18th: incubate 4 19th: incubate 5 20th: hatch Hope this helped some! Edit: very much ninja'd on part 1, but I think part 2 still stands!
@Stormfly

So a lot of this is over my head but I thiiiink I can comment on this part (unless I'm rather mistaken):
Stormfly wrote on 2021-01-26 16:04:53:

Two things:
1. The incubation time does not factor into the cooldown time. Two plentiful breeds can be stuck on a nest every 15 days, not every 15+nest time! (You can see this because there are dragons on my nests now and their cooldown times are going down already even though they're still on the nest.)
2. You can nest 5 days before the day you intend to hatch, not 6, because you can do one incubation right when you nest. So if you want to hatch on, say, the 20th, you can stick them on as late as the 15th. Example:
15th: nest, incubate 1
16th: incubate 2
17th: incubate 3
18th: incubate 4
19th: incubate 5
20th: hatch

Hope this helped some!

Edit: very much ninja'd on part 1, but I think part 2 still stands!
image.png . > she/her
> FRT +3
> Dragons for sale
> Voltsy's free dragons
> Half-an-egg
@Antimoany @Voltsy Thank you both so much! I adjusted my list, I think (unless im misunderstanding something lol) I can hit most if not all of the holidays! Thank you again!
@Antimoany @Voltsy Thank you both so much! I adjusted my list, I think (unless im misunderstanding something lol) I can hit most if not all of the holidays! Thank you again!
DSfOOlg.png