Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Veilspun gene rarity
1 2 3
Is there any way to know the gene rarity of the new Veilspun genes?
(I'm assuming the modern equivalents keep their usual rarity)

I'm making a tree dragon pair and the suitable genes I've found for my color ranges are

PRI:
Jupiter, Tapir (Shell is nice except for Stone/Beige where Jup/Tap have the grain to save them)
SEC:
HAWKMOTH, Striation, Web, Loop, Saturn, Spinner (not Blend)

And I prefer to keep the mates with equal gene rarity

PRI: As much as I like Shell I think Jupiter and Tapir will be the genes, despite their differing rarity. If I knew the rarity of Shell I might be swayed.
SEC: Hawkmoth is my favorite so far and I'd like to choose a secondary for the mate from that list (Striation, Web, Loop, Saturn, Spinner) with equal rarity (Struck out the Limited genes)

I'm guessing its just a stab in the dark until the playerbase works out the gene rarity and I'd like to gene and breed them before rollover so I'll probably be running with Hawkmoth and Web.
Is there any way to know the gene rarity of the new Veilspun genes?
(I'm assuming the modern equivalents keep their usual rarity)

I'm making a tree dragon pair and the suitable genes I've found for my color ranges are

PRI:
Jupiter, Tapir (Shell is nice except for Stone/Beige where Jup/Tap have the grain to save them)
SEC:
HAWKMOTH, Striation, Web, Loop, Saturn, Spinner (not Blend)

And I prefer to keep the mates with equal gene rarity

PRI: As much as I like Shell I think Jupiter and Tapir will be the genes, despite their differing rarity. If I knew the rarity of Shell I might be swayed.
SEC: Hawkmoth is my favorite so far and I'd like to choose a secondary for the mate from that list (Striation, Web, Loop, Saturn, Spinner) with equal rarity (Struck out the Limited genes)

I'm guessing its just a stab in the dark until the playerbase works out the gene rarity and I'd like to gene and breed them before rollover so I'll probably be running with Hawkmoth and Web.
qDkA25S.png
@gn0me

Short of using a suitable pair of existing dragons to run through Foresee Progeny and counting the odds should be the same for other existing breeds from here when you take into account the source/rarity.

Branches, Beetle, Arc, Loop and Flecks are all Limited.

The treasure genes are either Common or Uncommon based on price. Bright/Vivid are Common and the rest are Uncommon.
@gn0me

Short of using a suitable pair of existing dragons to run through Foresee Progeny and counting the odds should be the same for other existing breeds from here when you take into account the source/rarity.

Branches, Beetle, Arc, Loop and Flecks are all Limited.

The treasure genes are either Common or Uncommon based on price. Bright/Vivid are Common and the rest are Uncommon.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind thanks so much I was wondering if price could be used to determine rarity!

I ran into an uncertainty straight away though...
Tapir, Jupiter and Shell (and Bright) are all different prices :/
(92500, 115000, 105000)
(Bright 100000)

Here goes with secondaries:
Hawkmoth 90000
Striation 60000 (modern is common)
Web 90000
Saturn 80000 (modern is uncommon)
(Vivid 87500)

Did you work out Bright/Vivid using foresee prog?
@Nightwind thanks so much I was wondering if price could be used to determine rarity!

I ran into an uncertainty straight away though...
Tapir, Jupiter and Shell (and Bright) are all different prices :/
(92500, 115000, 105000)
(Bright 100000)

Here goes with secondaries:
Hawkmoth 90000
Striation 60000 (modern is common)
Web 90000
Saturn 80000 (modern is uncommon)
(Vivid 87500)

Did you work out Bright/Vivid using foresee prog?
qDkA25S.png
@gn0me

It should all be on relative price. If the genes have the same price then the rarity is equal for breeding purposes. When it's different check the Modern/Ancient equivalents to figure out the demarcation line. I've been using this thread as a cheat sheet for prices.

However, if the different gradients between prices influence the odds per breed that's different and a matter for some quality time with Foresee Progeny.

I took Bright/Vivid from an earlier post. Price-wise it should be right on the border.

Over-all it might be best to put yourself on the ping list for updates.
@gn0me

It should all be on relative price. If the genes have the same price then the rarity is equal for breeding purposes. When it's different check the Modern/Ancient equivalents to figure out the demarcation line. I've been using this thread as a cheat sheet for prices.

However, if the different gradients between prices influence the odds per breed that's different and a matter for some quality time with Foresee Progeny.

I took Bright/Vivid from an earlier post. Price-wise it should be right on the border.

Over-all it might be best to put yourself on the ping list for updates.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind @JiYou
There is so much conflicting information out there so I've run my own tests using foresee progeny, 48 tests per run

Tapir vs Jupiter 39:9
Tapir vs Bright 36:12
Tapir vs Shell 35:13

Tapir= Common
Jupiter, Bright, Shell = Uncommon

Hawkmoth vs Web 25:26 (um... 3 extra there but the ratio is obvious)
Saturn vs Web 23:25
Striation vs Web 38:10

Hawkmoth, Saturn, Web = Uncommon
Striation = Common

That's taken me ten minutes past rollover so I guess I'll breed them a day later... oh well at least it won't be guesswork :)
@Nightwind @JiYou
There is so much conflicting information out there so I've run my own tests using foresee progeny, 48 tests per run

Tapir vs Jupiter 39:9
Tapir vs Bright 36:12
Tapir vs Shell 35:13

Tapir= Common
Jupiter, Bright, Shell = Uncommon

Hawkmoth vs Web 25:26 (um... 3 extra there but the ratio is obvious)
Saturn vs Web 23:25
Striation vs Web 38:10

Hawkmoth, Saturn, Web = Uncommon
Striation = Common

That's taken me ten minutes past rollover so I guess I'll breed them a day later... oh well at least it won't be guesswork :)
qDkA25S.png
I have Sphinxmoth, I think I can test later today.
I have Sphinxmoth, I think I can test later today.
Hi!
@JiYou its easy you don't need to have the gene yourself, just choose any dragon from AH with the gene you want and put it in foresee progeny against another dragon with the gene you are comparing.
They don't have to be M/F, they can both be hatchlings and same sex... it just compares genes
@JiYou its easy you don't need to have the gene yourself, just choose any dragon from AH with the gene you want and put it in foresee progeny against another dragon with the gene you are comparing.
They don't have to be M/F, they can both be hatchlings and same sex... it just compares genes
qDkA25S.png
What I got as below

Primary Genes

Basic (Plentiful)

Fade (Common)
Laced (Common)
Tapir (Common)

Jupiter (Uncommon)
Vipera (Uncommon)
Bright (Uncommon)
Shell (Uncommon)
Arc (Uncommon)

Skink (Limited)
Stiched (Limited)

Starmap (Rare)
Wasp (Rare)

Sphinxmoth (???)

Secondary Genes

Basic (Plentiful)

Blend (Common)
Edged (Common)
Striation (Common)

Hypnotic (Uncommon)
Saturn (Uncommon)
Vivid (Uncommon)
Hawkmoth (Uncommon)
Web (Uncommon)

Loop (Limited)
Patchwork (Limited)
Spinner (Limited)

Bee (Rare)
Constellation (Rare)

Tertiary Genes

Basic (Plentiful)

Peacock (Common)

Crackle (Uncommon)
Okapi (Uncommon)

Beetle (Limited)
Branches (Limited)
Capsule (Limited)
Firefly (Limited)
Flecks (Limited)
Runes (Limited)

Diaphanous (Rare)
Mop (Rare)
Opal (Rare)

Thorns (???)
What I got as below

Primary Genes

Basic (Plentiful)

Fade (Common)
Laced (Common)
Tapir (Common)

Jupiter (Uncommon)
Vipera (Uncommon)
Bright (Uncommon)
Shell (Uncommon)
Arc (Uncommon)

Skink (Limited)
Stiched (Limited)

Starmap (Rare)
Wasp (Rare)

Sphinxmoth (???)

Secondary Genes

Basic (Plentiful)

Blend (Common)
Edged (Common)
Striation (Common)

Hypnotic (Uncommon)
Saturn (Uncommon)
Vivid (Uncommon)
Hawkmoth (Uncommon)
Web (Uncommon)

Loop (Limited)
Patchwork (Limited)
Spinner (Limited)

Bee (Rare)
Constellation (Rare)

Tertiary Genes

Basic (Plentiful)

Peacock (Common)

Crackle (Uncommon)
Okapi (Uncommon)

Beetle (Limited)
Branches (Limited)
Capsule (Limited)
Firefly (Limited)
Flecks (Limited)
Runes (Limited)

Diaphanous (Rare)
Mop (Rare)
Opal (Rare)

Thorns (???)
Hi!
@JiYou

I expect Sphinxmoth will be the same rarity as Hawkmoth seeing as they are companion genes (Uncommon)

It's possible Shell, Web and Thorns are a group too (Uncommon)

I would expect Arc to be Limited as it is a coliseum gene, (Arc/Loop/Flecks) but perhaps it is a special case like Runes?

Will do some testing of those theories

(For anyone just tuning in, JiYou maintains an awesome breeding card and rarity tool)
http://fr.jithee.name/card.html

edit:
Skink vs Stitched 47:1 (Yes indeed it seems Stitched is behaving as if rare - will mention it in bugs forum just in case)
Hawkmoth vs Patchwork 43:5
Flecks vs Runes 38:10
@JiYou

I expect Sphinxmoth will be the same rarity as Hawkmoth seeing as they are companion genes (Uncommon)

I would expect Arc to be Limited as it is a coliseum gene, (Arc/Loop/Flecks) but perhaps it is a special case like Runes?

(For anyone just tuning in, JiYou maintains an awesome breeding card and rarity tool)

edit:
Skink vs Stitched 47:1 (Yes indeed it seems Stitched is behaving as if rare - will mention it in bugs forum just in case)
qDkA25S.png
[quote name="gn0me" date="2020-11-18 03:20:08" ] @JiYou I expect Sphinxmoth will be the same rarity as Hawkmoth seeing as they are companion genes (Uncommon) It's possible Shell, Web and Thorns are a group too (Uncommon) I would expect Arc to be Limited as it is a coliseum gene, (Arc/Loop/Flecks) but perhaps it is a special case like Runes? Will do some testing of those theories (For anyone just tuning in, JiYou maintains an awesome breeding card and rarity tool) http://fr.jithee.name/card.html edit: Skink vs Stitched 47:1 (Yes indeed it seems Stitched is behaving as if rare - will mention it in bugs forum just in case) Hawkmoth vs Patchwork 43:5 Flecks vs Runes 38:10 [/quote] Limited:Rare should be 0.97:0.03 Mmmmm...I guess they are the same Or we d better roll more times
gn0me wrote on 2020-11-18 03:20:08:
@JiYou

edit:
Limited:Rare should be 0.97:0.03

Mmmmm...I guess they are the same

Or we d better roll more times
Hi!
1 2 3