Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Help With Raffles
I need to make a lot of money for a dragon, 20gk specifically. I want to try to do most of this with a raffle but I don't know if people would like the stuff I would give away. I know most people fo 1g/1kt per ticket so I'll stick to that. But what is a good top place winner? 14 gold chests or a bunch of other chests? I kinda need some help here. Any people who have done more than once and had it work?

Any help and criticism are appreciated!

(please Ping)
I need to make a lot of money for a dragon, 20gk specifically. I want to try to do most of this with a raffle but I don't know if people would like the stuff I would give away. I know most people fo 1g/1kt per ticket so I'll stick to that. But what is a good top place winner? 14 gold chests or a bunch of other chests? I kinda need some help here. Any people who have done more than once and had it work?

Any help and criticism are appreciated!

(please Ping)
@MLPMDog

I'm not too experienced with raffles - so, apologies if a more experienced player proves me wrong - but if you want to make lots of money very quickly, I think a raffle might be the worst way to go about it.

Much like hatcheries, raffles are best done for fun, and not with the expectation of profit. It's basically gambling on how others will gamble, and that's incredibly risky & unreliable if you're counting on it to make more money than you started with.

Personally, I wouldn't spend money to enter a raffle with 14 gold chests as a "grand prize," but that doesn't mean nobody will be interested - it just means that you're not guaranteed to sell enough tickets to equal the amount of money you'd get by simply selling those chests on the Auction House. That's not even counting the potential cost of any other prizes you might have to offer, either.

If you just have a lot of chests and cheap items that you don't have the patience to list on the AH, you might be better off doing random grab bags instead. If you're not sure how, I can see quite a few on the front page of Raffles & Giveaways at the moment, which should make good examples of how they work.

Whatever you do, luck getting your dragon! Raffles can be fun to make and exciting to participate in, but I'd never call them profitable.
@MLPMDog

I'm not too experienced with raffles - so, apologies if a more experienced player proves me wrong - but if you want to make lots of money very quickly, I think a raffle might be the worst way to go about it.

Much like hatcheries, raffles are best done for fun, and not with the expectation of profit. It's basically gambling on how others will gamble, and that's incredibly risky & unreliable if you're counting on it to make more money than you started with.

Personally, I wouldn't spend money to enter a raffle with 14 gold chests as a "grand prize," but that doesn't mean nobody will be interested - it just means that you're not guaranteed to sell enough tickets to equal the amount of money you'd get by simply selling those chests on the Auction House. That's not even counting the potential cost of any other prizes you might have to offer, either.

If you just have a lot of chests and cheap items that you don't have the patience to list on the AH, you might be better off doing random grab bags instead. If you're not sure how, I can see quite a few on the front page of Raffles & Giveaways at the moment, which should make good examples of how they work.

Whatever you do, luck getting your dragon! Raffles can be fun to make and exciting to participate in, but I'd never call them profitable.
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-