Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | FAQs & Answers
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18
@Naeryl
Thank you!!!
@Naeryl
Thank you!!!
Why is Spacing not allowed in Naming of Dragons?
Why is Spacing not allowed in Naming of Dragons?
@Nightmare2000
spaces (and other symbols) would make it even easier for people to bypass the profanity filter. it's easier to block a solid word, say "parrot," than it is to also block every iteration of the word with spaces; "p arrot," "pa rrot," "p a r r o t," so on.
@Nightmare2000
spaces (and other symbols) would make it even easier for people to bypass the profanity filter. it's easier to block a solid word, say "parrot," than it is to also block every iteration of the word with spaces; "p arrot," "pa rrot," "p a r r o t," so on.
"link • ufology
they/he/she
I keep seeing these 5 day old accounts, sometimes less but with dragons with decked out expensive apparel and stats, are they multi accounting or something? Seems weird and dodgy?
I keep seeing these 5 day old accounts, sometimes less but with dragons with decked out expensive apparel and stats, are they multi accounting or something? Seems weird and dodgy?
@Soulfiredragon
This is pretty normal actually. Sometimes people buy gems with real money, or have friends that give them a headstart. Sometimes people make new accounts after being banned (which is allowed!) or have done research beforehand and already know a lot about the game. It doesn't have to have anything to do with multiaccounting.
@Soulfiredragon
This is pretty normal actually. Sometimes people buy gems with real money, or have friends that give them a headstart. Sometimes people make new accounts after being banned (which is allowed!) or have done research beforehand and already know a lot about the game. It doesn't have to have anything to do with multiaccounting.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
Ah ok, Thank you :3
Ah ok, Thank you :3
Hey all, I've been on the site a few years and here are some questions that i cannot find the answers to in any guide:

1. Do festivals mean that the Flight automatically gets dominance? Or do they still have to earn it?

2. How do you know who is currently battling for dominance? E.g Light vs Fire. Like do they announce it somewhere?

3. Is dominance scaled to size of Flight? E.g. Earth vs Shadow, earth has way less players, could they still win against Shadow? Is dominance calculated based on total number of exalts? Or is it based on exalts per unit player?

4. Can you see dominance numbers before the week finishes? E.g. in the nature vs plague battle, I had no idea who was winning by the last day, but the last few hours was a crazy scramble to get more, people seemed to know what the numbers looked like, since they said it was close.

5. Do leveled dragons count more towards dominance vs unleveled? Again during Nature vs Plague, at the last minute, apparently people were buying level 25s for high amounts just to exalt them immediately, many sellers were disappointed about that. Do those dragons count for more? I can't think of why they would spend that much if an unleveled dragons gives the same benefit.

I'd appreciate your answers, if this isn't the place to ask then please advise.
Hey all, I've been on the site a few years and here are some questions that i cannot find the answers to in any guide:

1. Do festivals mean that the Flight automatically gets dominance? Or do they still have to earn it?

2. How do you know who is currently battling for dominance? E.g Light vs Fire. Like do they announce it somewhere?

3. Is dominance scaled to size of Flight? E.g. Earth vs Shadow, earth has way less players, could they still win against Shadow? Is dominance calculated based on total number of exalts? Or is it based on exalts per unit player?

4. Can you see dominance numbers before the week finishes? E.g. in the nature vs plague battle, I had no idea who was winning by the last day, but the last few hours was a crazy scramble to get more, people seemed to know what the numbers looked like, since they said it was close.

5. Do leveled dragons count more towards dominance vs unleveled? Again during Nature vs Plague, at the last minute, apparently people were buying level 25s for high amounts just to exalt them immediately, many sellers were disappointed about that. Do those dragons count for more? I can't think of why they would spend that much if an unleveled dragons gives the same benefit.

I'd appreciate your answers, if this isn't the place to ask then please advise.
@Nyssanthes
1. they still have to push as usual, but players in other flights will often hold off more then usual on their own pushes in order for them to have an easier time getting it

2. there will be a new dom watch thread in FRD each week, not all pushes get called on there but most of the big battles do

3. it's weighted based on active population, so earth will get a lot more points per exalt compared to a larger flight in order to balance it out since the larger flight will have many more exalts overall

4. there's no way to see the exact numbers- some people can get a general idea of how close it is based on the spreadsheets that many big dom programs use during the push or how much the dom board flips thoughout the week, but even that depends a lot on what the players in each flight are up to at any given time, so it's not very reliable

5. higher levels do contribute more, so as far as contribution goes 5 level 5s are the same as 1 level 25- this means for intense dom pushes snipers may do stuff similar to what you mentioned while many fodder trainers may exalt at lower levels (sometimes even at a loss, which is why dom banks are so important to keep those trainers going) so they can get through as many dragons as possible, since beyond level 4 or 5 it takes about the same time to level another dragon to that point as it does to get one more level on that one
@Nyssanthes
1. they still have to push as usual, but players in other flights will often hold off more then usual on their own pushes in order for them to have an easier time getting it

2. there will be a new dom watch thread in FRD each week, not all pushes get called on there but most of the big battles do

3. it's weighted based on active population, so earth will get a lot more points per exalt compared to a larger flight in order to balance it out since the larger flight will have many more exalts overall

4. there's no way to see the exact numbers- some people can get a general idea of how close it is based on the spreadsheets that many big dom programs use during the push or how much the dom board flips thoughout the week, but even that depends a lot on what the players in each flight are up to at any given time, so it's not very reliable

5. higher levels do contribute more, so as far as contribution goes 5 level 5s are the same as 1 level 25- this means for intense dom pushes snipers may do stuff similar to what you mentioned while many fodder trainers may exalt at lower levels (sometimes even at a loss, which is why dom banks are so important to keep those trainers going) so they can get through as many dragons as possible, since beyond level 4 or 5 it takes about the same time to level another dragon to that point as it does to get one more level on that one
unknown.png
@Nyssanthes
  • Nope, players still need to exalt towards their flight to get dominance for festival weeks. It's just common etiquette to allow said flight to run unopposed for the preceding week; this has been in place since the beginning of the site, and the only exception was the first-ever festival where players were still getting on their feet and Earth happened to win for Brightshine Jubilee.
  • Dom Watch is a player-run activity hub that works with each flight's Dominance team to report upcoming pushes and ongoing events. Join the pinglist to be alerted to the weekly thread, and see what's coming up!
  • You have it a little backwards; roughly speaking, dominance is based on a ratio of "number of exalted dragons" vs. "number of active players" (which is defined as "has logged on and done something within at least 2 weeks). This means that larger flights can't necessarily overwhelm with sheer numbers, since they have to exalt more dragons overall.

So, to extremely simplify it, a flight with 1,000 active members could exalt 10 dragons for dominance, but a flight with 10,000 active members would have to exalt 100 dragons to have the same impact as those 10 dragons had on the smaller flight. These aren't remotely accurate numbers, I'm just giving you an idea of how it's balanced.

Because of this, Earth is actually the dominance powerhouse, since it's the smallest flight overall, but the majority of Earth players are actively engaged in exalting and dominance (and several hardcore exalters who pull their weight and then some). While other flights have many thousands of players, those players need to exalt many more thousands of dragons if they want to win - which actually tips the scales significantly towards smaller flights.
  • It's near impossible to track the exact numbers (since there are always casual exalters contributing on their own for profit), and the playerbase doesn't have access to the internal workings to see the site-side tally.

Instead, visit the Dominance page and watch "Next Week's Standings" on the right. It displays each flight's position based on how many dragons they've exalted that week, and it updates every 15 minutes. It's worth noting that the tally ends 15 minutes before rollover, rather than going down to the wire.
  • Yes. Again, we don't have access to the inner workings of Dominance, but it's long been confirmed that the dragon's level is what dictates their contribution to Dominance (as well as their Treasure payout). Exalting L25s is generally done in desperation during an intense conquest battle; I've even seen people exalt their own L25s and restore them later, just for an extra push.
@Nyssanthes
  • Nope, players still need to exalt towards their flight to get dominance for festival weeks. It's just common etiquette to allow said flight to run unopposed for the preceding week; this has been in place since the beginning of the site, and the only exception was the first-ever festival where players were still getting on their feet and Earth happened to win for Brightshine Jubilee.
  • Dom Watch is a player-run activity hub that works with each flight's Dominance team to report upcoming pushes and ongoing events. Join the pinglist to be alerted to the weekly thread, and see what's coming up!
  • You have it a little backwards; roughly speaking, dominance is based on a ratio of "number of exalted dragons" vs. "number of active players" (which is defined as "has logged on and done something within at least 2 weeks). This means that larger flights can't necessarily overwhelm with sheer numbers, since they have to exalt more dragons overall.

So, to extremely simplify it, a flight with 1,000 active members could exalt 10 dragons for dominance, but a flight with 10,000 active members would have to exalt 100 dragons to have the same impact as those 10 dragons had on the smaller flight. These aren't remotely accurate numbers, I'm just giving you an idea of how it's balanced.

Because of this, Earth is actually the dominance powerhouse, since it's the smallest flight overall, but the majority of Earth players are actively engaged in exalting and dominance (and several hardcore exalters who pull their weight and then some). While other flights have many thousands of players, those players need to exalt many more thousands of dragons if they want to win - which actually tips the scales significantly towards smaller flights.
  • It's near impossible to track the exact numbers (since there are always casual exalters contributing on their own for profit), and the playerbase doesn't have access to the internal workings to see the site-side tally.

Instead, visit the Dominance page and watch "Next Week's Standings" on the right. It displays each flight's position based on how many dragons they've exalted that week, and it updates every 15 minutes. It's worth noting that the tally ends 15 minutes before rollover, rather than going down to the wire.
  • Yes. Again, we don't have access to the inner workings of Dominance, but it's long been confirmed that the dragon's level is what dictates their contribution to Dominance (as well as their Treasure payout). Exalting L25s is generally done in desperation during an intense conquest battle; I've even seen people exalt their own L25s and restore them later, just for an extra push.
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
Can anyone answer what trinkets are for? I have a bunch. Do I equip them? if so, how?
Can anyone answer what trinkets are for? I have a bunch. Do I equip them? if so, how?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18