Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Art is HARD
So... If I want to do art - and I'm not saying this is a guarantee I will - how do I make that art and put it into the forums here? Someone explain not just what site (not helpful) but how (very helpful) and IF I NEED AN ACCOUNT. Also what do you guys use to draw and how you put that up here? Thanks!

Hm maybe I'll keep my art to myself... maybe i guess?
So... If I want to do art - and I'm not saying this is a guarantee I will - how do I make that art and put it into the forums here? Someone explain not just what site (not helpful) but how (very helpful) and IF I NEED AN ACCOUNT. Also what do you guys use to draw and how you put that up here? Thanks!

Hm maybe I'll keep my art to myself... maybe i guess?
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Showcase, Boutique, and Workshop
@Zikitty I use procreate to do art, it’s on mobile which I like, and it’s cheap compared to other good quality programs.

Once I’ve drawn something, I just save it to the camera roll on my iPad and post it to imgur.com. Imgur makes it really easy, I can just select the art from my camera roll and post it there and it then can be copy/pasted on forums. And you do need an imgur account to do this.

If you’re using a computer program to do art (I’ve heard sai, gimp, and photoshop are good) you can just save the art as a file and upload it to imgur like you would on mobile
@Zikitty I use procreate to do art, it’s on mobile which I like, and it’s cheap compared to other good quality programs.

Once I’ve drawn something, I just save it to the camera roll on my iPad and post it to imgur.com. Imgur makes it really easy, I can just select the art from my camera roll and post it there and it then can be copy/pasted on forums. And you do need an imgur account to do this.

If you’re using a computer program to do art (I’ve heard sai, gimp, and photoshop are good) you can just save the art as a file and upload it to imgur like you would on mobile
BhWDcLm.png
@Frye oh... could you tell me which of these are free/not free need account/don't need account and all? thanks~
@Frye oh... could you tell me which of these are free/not free need account/don't need account and all? thanks~
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
@zikitty all that mentioned in the other post are free and don't need an account except procreate (bought from app store), photoshop (paid subscription), and paint tool sai (1 month free trial)

why do you ask about the account thing?
@zikitty all that mentioned in the other post are free and don't need an account except procreate (bought from app store), photoshop (paid subscription), and paint tool sai (1 month free trial)

why do you ask about the account thing?
1dgHJ.gif
@ZiKitty

Photoshop: As stated above, subscription.
GIMP: Free, no accounts needed.
FireAlpaca: Free, no accounts needed.
Sai: Free trial, otherwise paid.

For browser friendly, there is:
Pixlr: free, no downloads, no accounts.
Photopea: free, no downloads, no accounts.
(those are only two of the many)

Those are just to actually CREATE the art.
Once you're finished with the art, you save or export it (depending on the program you're using) as a .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png file and upload it to an image host.

Imgur is free and does not require registration.
Then once your upload is complete, you click get share links, copy the BBCODE and paste it into your art thread.
@ZiKitty

Photoshop: As stated above, subscription.
GIMP: Free, no accounts needed.
FireAlpaca: Free, no accounts needed.
Sai: Free trial, otherwise paid.

For browser friendly, there is:
Pixlr: free, no downloads, no accounts.
Photopea: free, no downloads, no accounts.
(those are only two of the many)

Those are just to actually CREATE the art.
Once you're finished with the art, you save or export it (depending on the program you're using) as a .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png file and upload it to an image host.

Imgur is free and does not require registration.
Then once your upload is complete, you click get share links, copy the BBCODE and paste it into your art thread.
Severitas- - - - - - - - -
E9EO9OH.png
@McChicken @Severitas thanks!
@McChicken @Severitas thanks!
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
@Zikitty Hello! For the imgur image thing, I highly recommend looking at this [url= https://superuser.com/questions/1238552/how-to-resize-quickly-a-imgur-image]website[/url] for quick image resizing! It'll help alot, if you don't know how to not make the image that you took from imgur into FR look horrendously big [emoji=gaoler star size=1]
@Zikitty
Hello! For the imgur image thing, I highly recommend looking at this website for quick image resizing! It'll help alot, if you don't know how to not make the image that you took from imgur into FR look horrendously big
UMXzCwT.png