Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | is there some reason for reloading?
every time you, as i call it, "pet the puppies", better known as the tedious task of clicking the heart on every single familiar in your clan, the page reloads entirely. you can sort of get around it by using the arrow button, buuuuutt you really shouldn't have to. 99% of the page remains the same, so why aren't the only things that change the status bar of the familiar, your treasure/gems, and possibly your hoard of chests, the only things that update?
every time you, as i call it, "pet the puppies", better known as the tedious task of clicking the heart on every single familiar in your clan, the page reloads entirely. you can sort of get around it by using the arrow button, buuuuutt you really shouldn't have to. 99% of the page remains the same, so why aren't the only things that change the status bar of the familiar, your treasure/gems, and possibly your hoard of chests, the only things that update?
@Retsboldum

It does this so that the site's adverts refresh too. The site survives on ad revenue, so the more refreshes to the ads, the more money the site gets.

If you have adblock you won't notice this (I don't -- I have adblock because FR's ads are dirty virus gremlins) but that's the reason for the refresh.
@Retsboldum

It does this so that the site's adverts refresh too. The site survives on ad revenue, so the more refreshes to the ads, the more money the site gets.

If you have adblock you won't notice this (I don't -- I have adblock because FR's ads are dirty virus gremlins) but that's the reason for the refresh.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
In addition to ad revenue, things on an html page can't update independently of the page itself. In order for one thing to update, the whole page does actually have to reload itself.
In addition to ad revenue, things on an html page can't update independently of the page itself. In order for one thing to update, the whole page does actually have to reload itself.
tpG8plN.gif 20f0d7fd40667f35723eea7f24de9c519f7b2cca.png 9tl1qHF.gif
that is not how the internet works, bagboi
[quote name="retsboldum" date="2020-08-06 04:13:42" ] that is not how the internet works, bagboi [/quote] Too bad the internet has nothing to do with code type used on websites. Also, not sure if you two know each other or I am missing something but, if that's not the case, there's no reason to be rude. From a quick internet search, they are correct. I don't know if FR does run off of HTML but, from that, I would assume they do. If such is the case, it does mean that the page reload is necessary for it to update.
retsboldum wrote on 2020-08-06 04:13:42:

Too bad the internet has nothing to do with code type used on websites. Also, not sure if you two know each other or I am missing something but, if that's not the case, there's no reason to be rude.

From a quick internet search, they are correct. I don't know if FR does run off of HTML but, from that, I would assume they do. If such is the case, it does mean that the page reload is necessary for it to update.
[quote name="Lykos" date="2020-08-06 12:13:59" ]I don't know if FR does run off of HTML but, from that, I would assume they do. If such is the case, it does mean that the page reload is necessary for it to update. [/quote] it does.
Lykos wrote on 2020-08-06 12:13:59:
I don't know if FR does run off of HTML but, from that, I would assume they do. If such is the case, it does mean that the page reload is necessary for it to update.

it does.
Still, even then, techniques such as AJAX can be deployed to reduce load.
Still, even then, techniques such as AJAX can be deployed to reduce load.
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
Part of it is how the site is made, part of it is ad revenue.
Part of it is how the site is made, part of it is ad revenue.
E2amngG.png04n5rQx.png8th6mfc.pngtPW2xgo.pngarOGchX.png
gotta get those ads cycling through somehow ;P
gotta get those ads cycling through somehow ;P
TOW2n3q.png