Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Kiena vs Culex Guides?
So! I've finally finished leveling up a 3rd physical attack dragon for my coli team and idk how to stat her :l

I've been looking over Kiena and Culex's guide and I can't really decide which to go on? I already know I have to restat my other 2 level 25's but this third one I haven't touched yet.

Culex's guide is very clear on how to stat your 3 dragons but Kiena's isn't as clear to me. For her "best multipurpose build" am I supposed to use a tincture on all 3 dragons on my team? Or just 2? I'm confused x_x
So! I've finally finished leveling up a 3rd physical attack dragon for my coli team and idk how to stat her :l

I've been looking over Kiena and Culex's guide and I can't really decide which to go on? I already know I have to restat my other 2 level 25's but this third one I haven't touched yet.

Culex's guide is very clear on how to stat your 3 dragons but Kiena's isn't as clear to me. For her "best multipurpose build" am I supposed to use a tincture on all 3 dragons on my team? Or just 2? I'm confused x_x
WFrXXME.png
@Featherly

Apologies for the wall of text, but a lot depends on what you want.

Kiena lists both a tinctured and non-tinctured grind build for people looking to level up on the cheap. I think it's suggested somewhere that if you spend a lot of time in the coli you might as well tincture simply for the added efficiency.

Kiena's guide hasn't had a comprehensive update since before the addition of most of the bosses so the multipurpose build is a little dated. I've found that for some venues the 133 build is faster with less reloads, others the 129. This one comes down to personal preferences. I started with the 129 build and I've kept a few for general low level grinding, but with the addition of bosses and new venues I grind with the 133 for the Rainsong Jungle, Crystal Pools, Harpy's Roost and Workshop. Dragging exalts is easier in those venues with the 133 build as well.

First, you're probably going to need to tincture all of your L25s (Feather, Dubli, Taaffeite) due to your original choices when leveling. Amala...well, it depends on what you'll be doing with her.

Second, where and how will you be spending the most of your coli time? Grinding for festivals? Leveling dragons for exalting? Boss hunting in the Golem Workshop? If you're leveling for exalting, do you want to spend your time in only 1 venue or multiple venues? Depending on those answers you will have different needs.

My general recommendation is to stat Dubli as a Ghostbuster (double exalt trainer for the Ghostlight Ruins) and statting Taaffeite and Amala as 133 grinders. If you don't mind a little less hp you don't need to tincture Amala. Or you could stat Taaffeite and Amala as 129 STR grinders. Either works.

Feather would be better with different stats, but mages are over-powered and he'll be pretty good anywhere as is. If he's going to the Workshop I'd suggest 2 ambushes, otherwise 1 is fine.

Either distribution of builds will give you a physical trio that can farm in quickly while also giving you a quick exalt trainer.

133 STR guide
115 STR Ghostbuster build

For a pair of 129 STR dragons, I find this mage build to work best:

105 INT/85 QCK/17 VIT
Meditate, Contuse, Aid, Rally, Scholarx3, Ambushx2

For a pair of 133 STR dragons, I find this mage build to work best:

Meditate, Contuse, Aid, Regeneration, Haste, Scholarx3, Ambushx2.
129 INT/45 QCK/17 VIT

As you can tell, I spend a lot of time in the coli. have most of the specialized builds so I don't go crazy looking at the same dragons all day or quit because I just got dodged in the Mire for the seventh time in a row.

Hope this helps!
@Featherly

Apologies for the wall of text, but a lot depends on what you want.

Kiena lists both a tinctured and non-tinctured grind build for people looking to level up on the cheap. I think it's suggested somewhere that if you spend a lot of time in the coli you might as well tincture simply for the added efficiency.

Kiena's guide hasn't had a comprehensive update since before the addition of most of the bosses so the multipurpose build is a little dated. I've found that for some venues the 133 build is faster with less reloads, others the 129. This one comes down to personal preferences. I started with the 129 build and I've kept a few for general low level grinding, but with the addition of bosses and new venues I grind with the 133 for the Rainsong Jungle, Crystal Pools, Harpy's Roost and Workshop. Dragging exalts is easier in those venues with the 133 build as well.

First, you're probably going to need to tincture all of your L25s (Feather, Dubli, Taaffeite) due to your original choices when leveling. Amala...well, it depends on what you'll be doing with her.

Second, where and how will you be spending the most of your coli time? Grinding for festivals? Leveling dragons for exalting? Boss hunting in the Golem Workshop? If you're leveling for exalting, do you want to spend your time in only 1 venue or multiple venues? Depending on those answers you will have different needs.

My general recommendation is to stat Dubli as a Ghostbuster (double exalt trainer for the Ghostlight Ruins) and statting Taaffeite and Amala as 133 grinders. If you don't mind a little less hp you don't need to tincture Amala. Or you could stat Taaffeite and Amala as 129 STR grinders. Either works.

Feather would be better with different stats, but mages are over-powered and he'll be pretty good anywhere as is. If he's going to the Workshop I'd suggest 2 ambushes, otherwise 1 is fine.

Either distribution of builds will give you a physical trio that can farm in quickly while also giving you a quick exalt trainer.

133 STR guide
115 STR Ghostbuster build

For a pair of 129 STR dragons, I find this mage build to work best:

105 INT/85 QCK/17 VIT
Meditate, Contuse, Aid, Rally, Scholarx3, Ambushx2

For a pair of 133 STR dragons, I find this mage build to work best:

Meditate, Contuse, Aid, Regeneration, Haste, Scholarx3, Ambushx2.
129 INT/45 QCK/17 VIT

As you can tell, I spend a lot of time in the coli. have most of the specialized builds so I don't go crazy looking at the same dragons all day or quit because I just got dodged in the Mire for the seventh time in a row.

Hope this helps!
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind

Ty for your help :)

I grind during festivals and I drag a lot of dragons through for exalting.

I think what confuses me is when you farm with your 2-133 strength dragons what do you use as your 3rd? Also it seems like you can still train fodder in the mire/kelp beds with 2-133 dragons if I'm understanding correctly?
@Nightwind

Ty for your help :)

I grind during festivals and I drag a lot of dragons through for exalting.

I think what confuses me is when you farm with your 2-133 strength dragons what do you use as your 3rd? Also it seems like you can still train fodder in the mire/kelp beds with 2-133 dragons if I'm understanding correctly?
WFrXXME.png
@Featherly

Drop in your mage (slower) or drop in your trainer as the third. I would put the trainer in the first slot.

It's possible to train with a pair of 133 STR builds in the Mire/Kelp but it's slower and you will need to reload in the Kelp. 133s do more damage but will still need to Scratch+Eliminate and their lower QCK makes them less efficient and more prone to getting hits. I recommended the Ghostbuster since you have a L25 Water dragon and it's more efficient than taking 129s or 133s through the Mire/Kelp.

For efficiency, you want specialized builds. The trade-off is more trained dragons needing more stones.

Without the specialized Mire/Kelp trainers it's more efficient to grind those areas with a trio of L25s than 2 general grind builds dragging an exalt. By efficient, it's about 1-2 minutes of time saved per dragon leveled to 7. If you only exalt a couple dragons a day it doesn't matter that much. If you're leveling up 10 or more a day it starts to matter a lot more. I level 15-45 a day so...yeah. Specialized builds are definitely worth it for me.
@Featherly

Drop in your mage (slower) or drop in your trainer as the third. I would put the trainer in the first slot.

It's possible to train with a pair of 133 STR builds in the Mire/Kelp but it's slower and you will need to reload in the Kelp. 133s do more damage but will still need to Scratch+Eliminate and their lower QCK makes them less efficient and more prone to getting hits. I recommended the Ghostbuster since you have a L25 Water dragon and it's more efficient than taking 129s or 133s through the Mire/Kelp.

For efficiency, you want specialized builds. The trade-off is more trained dragons needing more stones.

Without the specialized Mire/Kelp trainers it's more efficient to grind those areas with a trio of L25s than 2 general grind builds dragging an exalt. By efficient, it's about 1-2 minutes of time saved per dragon leveled to 7. If you only exalt a couple dragons a day it doesn't matter that much. If you're leveling up 10 or more a day it starts to matter a lot more. I level 15-45 a day so...yeah. Specialized builds are definitely worth it for me.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind

I just want to make sure I understand that last paragraph.

So if I stat 2-133s I should treat the mire/kelp beds as farming venues rather than leveling venues?

Currently I don't drag nearly that many dragons through a day but that's partly because I level in the mire one at a time and it's a pain in the butt but I'd definitely like to level and exalt more.

And one last question... is it really that much more efficient leveling 2 fodders with a 115 in the ruins vs. leveling one at a time in the pools or roost?
@Nightwind

I just want to make sure I understand that last paragraph.

So if I stat 2-133s I should treat the mire/kelp beds as farming venues rather than leveling venues?

Currently I don't drag nearly that many dragons through a day but that's partly because I level in the mire one at a time and it's a pain in the butt but I'd definitely like to level and exalt more.

And one last question... is it really that much more efficient leveling 2 fodders with a 115 in the ruins vs. leveling one at a time in the pools or roost?
WFrXXME.png
@Featherly

Yes, the Mire/Kelp/Workshop should be treated as farming venues for speed reasons.

If your aim is leveling and not leveling plus drops, the Ghostbuster levels faster. Sylvandyr did a spreadsheet prior to that build, and the Ghostbuster gets more experience per minute than the Mire (due to average pack size) but may be slower depending on how many refreshes it takes to get a good starter pack:

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=gde&id=1172743&p=mb

Recentish coli drop guide:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1769204

For profit per minute you'll want to move to the Ruins, then the Roost then the Mire:

http://punwolf.tumblr.com/post/137614467120/flight-rising-mire-vs-roost-for-exalting-in

Basically, you'll need to determine how much time you have, how many exalts you have and how much time do you want to spend selling drops. If your aim is leveling fast for dom, choose the Mire (slightly faster than the Ruins because of reloads with 2 exalts). If you're going for drops to sell and exalts, Ruins and for exalts and hoard-selling I'd go Roost.

Yep, I spend a lot of time combining the information from various guides. Thank the guide-makers for collecting the data.
@Featherly

Yes, the Mire/Kelp/Workshop should be treated as farming venues for speed reasons.

If your aim is leveling and not leveling plus drops, the Ghostbuster levels faster. Sylvandyr did a spreadsheet prior to that build, and the Ghostbuster gets more experience per minute than the Mire (due to average pack size) but may be slower depending on how many refreshes it takes to get a good starter pack:

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=gde&id=1172743&p=mb

Recentish coli drop guide:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1769204

For profit per minute you'll want to move to the Ruins, then the Roost then the Mire:

http://punwolf.tumblr.com/post/137614467120/flight-rising-mire-vs-roost-for-exalting-in

Basically, you'll need to determine how much time you have, how many exalts you have and how much time do you want to spend selling drops. If your aim is leveling fast for dom, choose the Mire (slightly faster than the Ruins because of reloads with 2 exalts). If you're going for drops to sell and exalts, Ruins and for exalts and hoard-selling I'd go Roost.

Yep, I spend a lot of time combining the information from various guides. Thank the guide-makers for collecting the data.