Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Tiny Little Questions
1 2 ... 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 ... 3156 3157
Hi, I've been trying to include pictures in my forum posts like I see everyone do of their dragons, items, etc. But I can't seem to do it properly! I've been trying to use the little tree icon in the formatting options, but it doesnt seem to be working no matter what url I'm using. Sorry if this is a really obvious question, I'm just not a tech savvy person :(
Hi, I've been trying to include pictures in my forum posts like I see everyone do of their dragons, items, etc. But I can't seem to do it properly! I've been trying to use the little tree icon in the formatting options, but it doesnt seem to be working no matter what url I'm using. Sorry if this is a really obvious question, I'm just not a tech savvy person :(
ETsArtAdoptShopIcon100px.png***** for_fun_c_small.png
@Tywyllwch Could you be more specific? If you want to include an item, the code is [code][item=INSERT ITEM NAME HERE][/code] For a dragon, click the share button under the Skin/Scene box on the dragon's page. Copy the "Widget" code and then paste it into your post.
@Tywyllwch
Could you be more specific? If you want to include an item, the code is
Code:
[item=INSERT ITEM NAME HERE]
For a dragon, click the share button under the Skin/Scene box on the dragon's page. Copy the "Widget" code and then paste it into your post.
TVFeljP.png About Me
FR+0
@Tywyllwch The most common mistake people make when posting images is they do not use the direct link for an image. For example, let's take your dragon Muddpuddle. If you use the tree icon and use the link to their profile, then you will get this: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61927392[/img] Why doesn't this work? The reason is because you're linking to a page. There are many images on the page we linked. The code does not know what to display, because you didn't link it anything specific, just a web page. Now, what if we opened the picture of Muddpuddle in a new tab? We get taken to this page: [code]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/619274/61927392_350.png[/code] The difference between this page and the page linked above is the second link is not actually a page. Rather, we are looking at an image asset, which is the specific picture of Muddpuddle. So what if we used this link with the tree icon? We get this: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/619274/61927392_350.png[/img] If you want to easily link to a dragon with an image, then follow the steps Diamondsnake gave you. The easiest way to tell if something is a direct link to an image or not is to look at the end of the link. Direct links end in a file extension such as .png, .jpg, and .gif. For Muddpuddle's case, there is a .png at the end. Keep this in mind when you try to post images that do not come from FlightRising.
@Tywyllwch
The most common mistake people make when posting images is they do not use the direct link for an image.

For example, let's take your dragon Muddpuddle. If you use the tree icon and use the link to their profile, then you will get this:
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61927392[/img]

Why doesn't this work? The reason is because you're linking to a page. There are many images on the page we linked. The code does not know what to display, because you didn't link it anything specific, just a web page.

Now, what if we opened the picture of Muddpuddle in a new tab? We get taken to this page:
Code:
https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/619274/61927392_350.png

The difference between this page and the page linked above is the second link is not actually a page. Rather, we are looking at an image asset, which is the specific picture of Muddpuddle. So what if we used this link with the tree icon? We get this:
61927392_350.png

If you want to easily link to a dragon with an image, then follow the steps Diamondsnake gave you.

The easiest way to tell if something is a direct link to an image or not is to look at the end of the link. Direct links end in a file extension such as .png, .jpg, and .gif. For Muddpuddle's case, there is a .png at the end. Keep this in mind when you try to post images that do not come from FlightRising.
fo11Vhp.png
[quote name="Naegiri" date="2020-06-14 12:52:40" ] The easiest way to tell if something is a direct link to an image or not is to look at the end of the link. Direct links end in a file extension such as .png, .jpg, and .gif...Keep this in mind when you try to post images that do not come from FlightRising. [/quote] As of this post, the file extension has to be all lowercase. If not, you can work around it by adding [font=courier]?dummyext=prev.png[/font] to the end of the URL ([url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/permalink/reply/38932556]example[/url]).
Naegiri wrote on 2020-06-14 12:52:40:
The easiest way to tell if something is a direct link to an image or not is to look at the end of the link. Direct links end in a file extension such as .png, .jpg, and .gif...Keep this in mind when you try to post images that do not come from FlightRising.

As of this post, the file extension has to be all lowercase. If not, you can work around it by adding ?dummyext=prev.png to the end of the URL (example).
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts
are they bathing in flower tea?
@Diamondsnake @Naegiri @nuttysaladtree

Thank you!
@Diamondsnake @Naegiri @nuttysaladtree

Thank you!
ETsArtAdoptShopIcon100px.png***** for_fun_c_small.png
What is the maximum canvas size that fits in a dragon bio?
What is the maximum canvas size that fits in a dragon bio?
fXFvof4.png
@BreezePawz
With the new revamp of dragon profiles, images are automatically resized to fit bios. You can use whatever size you want.
@BreezePawz
With the new revamp of dragon profiles, images are automatically resized to fit bios. You can use whatever size you want.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
@Tserin thank you! That is epic!
@Tserin thank you! That is epic!
fXFvof4.png
I was thinking of creating a thread in Creative Corner to display all of the art (mostly adoptables) of my dragons that I have purchased, but was wondering if it would be against forum rules since I did not create the art myself. I would explicitly state that I did not draw the art and credit each artist with a link to their profile and linking the artwork itself to their shop (if applicable).

I used to put the art in their bios, but having to scroll all the way down to edit them got to be a pain in the neck (it's a lot of art).

This is probably a stupid question, sorry. ;_;
I was thinking of creating a thread in Creative Corner to display all of the art (mostly adoptables) of my dragons that I have purchased, but was wondering if it would be against forum rules since I did not create the art myself. I would explicitly state that I did not draw the art and credit each artist with a link to their profile and linking the artwork itself to their shop (if applicable).

I used to put the art in their bios, but having to scroll all the way down to edit them got to be a pain in the neck (it's a lot of art).

This is probably a stupid question, sorry. ;_;
Zs6WWZy.png
UdqWUDw.png ZwbGqUa.png bYt72YT.png O62tc6n.png kHBaXec.png NeV4KUN.png Z9e8RKu.png RToaAa6.png Da1cz0f.png XnaLQeW.png o7CqYdD.png YrzvPOH.png QUIpVFE.png BY33eAv.png YMPbu9R.png
dMEvnxu.png
@Banescale I'm not sure if it would be technically against forum rules, but a thread of collecting the art you've paid for would probably go better in the Quests and Challenges forum. That's where most people but their own personal threads for lore, badges, etc.
@Banescale I'm not sure if it would be technically against forum rules, but a thread of collecting the art you've paid for would probably go better in the Quests and Challenges forum. That's where most people but their own personal threads for lore, badges, etc.
cFTYM2C.png NizETFM.png Wolfie's F2U Familiar Edits
Wolfie Completes the Bestiary
Wolfie Completes the Coliseum
Quest for All the Eggs
Project NASA
v886aA7.png
1 2 ... 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 ... 3156 3157