Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anyone autistic/aspie/etc?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I'm autistic and it's a pretty miserable experience for me. It definitely impedes my ability to enjoy life due to sensory issues, social problems, and executive dysfunction. Oh well.
I'm autistic and it's a pretty miserable experience for me. It definitely impedes my ability to enjoy life due to sensory issues, social problems, and executive dysfunction. Oh well.
I'm have mild Asperger's syndrome, I have traits such as lack of empathy(SORRY MY FRIENDS I CANNOT HELP MY COLD HEARTEDNESS HECKIE LOL), I avoid eye contact when I talk, but luckily my friends are okay at this, I stare into space, sometimes at people, which is awkwaaarrdd, have obsessions over certain things, so like everything I say or act might be influenced by something, and a couple more. I think Anxiety ties into it, and I have Social anxiety whoopsies, so I tend to be quite mute if I dont know you too well then won't shut up when we're friends like omg
I'm have mild Asperger's syndrome, I have traits such as lack of empathy(SORRY MY FRIENDS I CANNOT HELP MY COLD HEARTEDNESS HECKIE LOL), I avoid eye contact when I talk, but luckily my friends are okay at this, I stare into space, sometimes at people, which is awkwaaarrdd, have obsessions over certain things, so like everything I say or act might be influenced by something, and a couple more. I think Anxiety ties into it, and I have Social anxiety whoopsies, so I tend to be quite mute if I dont know you too well then won't shut up when we're friends like omg
She/Her | PM me about saving a fodder dragon :)
cSQQuYb.png
im autistic/aspie and happy the way i am :D
im autistic/aspie and happy the way i am :D
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
I'm autistic and have ADD/ADHD. Go me!
I'm autistic and have ADD/ADHD. Go me!
x0p68Co.png
Two psychologists have suspected I have Asperger's, although I haven't had an official diagnosis due to the fact that I don't fall under one category: lack of social skills. (Just a heads up, I'm not making fun of anyone here. That's literally a 'symptom'.)

My mother keeps pressing my current psychologist to diagnose me because she's convinced, but my psychologist believes that it may be tying in with my generalised anxiety disorder, depression, OCD and APD. :/
Two psychologists have suspected I have Asperger's, although I haven't had an official diagnosis due to the fact that I don't fall under one category: lack of social skills. (Just a heads up, I'm not making fun of anyone here. That's literally a 'symptom'.)

My mother keeps pressing my current psychologist to diagnose me because she's convinced, but my psychologist believes that it may be tying in with my generalised anxiety disorder, depression, OCD and APD. :/
tumblr_inline_oorri4xYGa1u5ynwc_540.png
g585y1V.png
bYt72YT.png

Non-exalt lair. Striving to be an all-Mirror clan (with exceptions)!
Maddy, she/her | 19
AEST
My family thinks I have Asperger's but my therapist (who has done his job for years) is convinced otherwise.
My family thinks I have Asperger's but my therapist (who has done his job for years) is convinced otherwise.
FR Pudding Art: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2174676
[quote name="seaglassheart" date=2017-04-06 12:37:43] @Lineko I think people jump on the hate-wagon too soon, self-diagnosing (physically, mentally, etc.) and maintaining a very rigid stance on one's opinion tends to lay the groundwork for facilitating clashes with people. But the information is there and it's good to be informed, after all we know our mind and bodies better than anyone else. In my experience there is no truly "typical" presentation of ASD. Check it out for yourself if you feel that it would help you in any manner, even for peace of mind. [/quote] this this. never self-diagnose yourself or stuff. go through investigation and stuff if you want to know for sure. -- also yeah as someone mentioned, i can really lack that empathy unless it's someone close to me that I like, or I watch a sad movie. yep that's how I function and.. yeah people probably tend to be a bit freaked off lol :/
seaglassheart wrote on 2017-04-06:
@Lineko I think people jump on the hate-wagon too soon, self-diagnosing (physically, mentally, etc.) and maintaining a very rigid stance on one's opinion tends to lay the groundwork for facilitating clashes with people. But the information is there and it's good to be informed, after all we know our mind and bodies better than anyone else. In my experience there is no truly "typical" presentation of ASD. Check it out for yourself if you feel that it would help you in any manner, even for peace of mind.

this this. never self-diagnose yourself or stuff. go through investigation and stuff if you want to know for sure.
--

also yeah as someone mentioned, i can really lack that empathy unless it's someone close to me that I like, or I watch a sad movie.

yep that's how I function and.. yeah people probably tend to be a bit freaked off lol :/
I'd woken up early, and I took a long time getting ready to exist. - Bernardo Soares/Fernando Pessoa
Both my parents say I am an aspie, and my dad is one too, but I can't remember the doctor's visit which confirmed this, so I'm not wholly comfortable accepting the diagnosis until I visit a psychiatrist myself. I hope to do that already because even removing the Asperger's aspect, I have some issues with depression and anxiety that really need working out.

I don't want it to define me, for people to be able to just say "she's an aspie" and then that sums me up to them. I wasn't told I was different for so long, and I know it was because my family wanted me to have a normal life, but even if I didn't know what was going on, I knew I was different from the others my age. I missed out on a lot of stuff that could have helped me, but I am glad I wasn't shoved into ESE like the school apparently wanted to, though I doubt I'd have been there long. Maybe I'd be in a better mental place now, but I think actually being set aside without warning from the general population would have been pretty damaging to my psyche, since I'm on the lower end of the spectrum and I already felt outcast enough. I guess I'll never really know, though.

My main goal for my life is not to be cured, but to get my issues into submission and live my life with me keeping my demons under control instead of vice versa. I know that there's positive aspects to being an aspie, and I want to bring those out again instead of drowning in the bad bits. Right now it's just too much to handle, I'm not even sure how to be myself, if that makes any sense. Sorry for rambling, but I don't talk about this much and when I do I tend to spill a lot. It's good that there's so many others here, makes things feel a lot less lonely.
Both my parents say I am an aspie, and my dad is one too, but I can't remember the doctor's visit which confirmed this, so I'm not wholly comfortable accepting the diagnosis until I visit a psychiatrist myself. I hope to do that already because even removing the Asperger's aspect, I have some issues with depression and anxiety that really need working out.

I don't want it to define me, for people to be able to just say "she's an aspie" and then that sums me up to them. I wasn't told I was different for so long, and I know it was because my family wanted me to have a normal life, but even if I didn't know what was going on, I knew I was different from the others my age. I missed out on a lot of stuff that could have helped me, but I am glad I wasn't shoved into ESE like the school apparently wanted to, though I doubt I'd have been there long. Maybe I'd be in a better mental place now, but I think actually being set aside without warning from the general population would have been pretty damaging to my psyche, since I'm on the lower end of the spectrum and I already felt outcast enough. I guess I'll never really know, though.

My main goal for my life is not to be cured, but to get my issues into submission and live my life with me keeping my demons under control instead of vice versa. I know that there's positive aspects to being an aspie, and I want to bring those out again instead of drowning in the bad bits. Right now it's just too much to handle, I'm not even sure how to be myself, if that makes any sense. Sorry for rambling, but I don't talk about this much and when I do I tend to spill a lot. It's good that there's so many others here, makes things feel a lot less lonely.
MT5WnDw.pngZPHN6ju.pngMT5WnDw.png
*slides in*
Yep, I have High Functioning Autism.
*slides in*
Yep, I have High Functioning Autism.
he/theyautistic

(i'll edit my signature soon, i promise.)
yo

yep

diagnosed with autism as a kiddo, but my mother didn't tell me that until i was like 15.
even then she felt rather guilty and later when i got the health card thing from my primary/whatever school (1st to 9th grade i mean) which has 'childhood autism' as one of the things written there and she glanced at it, she pretty much straight-out denied that, writing it off as something Inherently Bad Which Must Be Removed™ or something. lol but nah. way to accept yr child, mom. way to go. gold star for trying, i'd already come to terms with my autisticness by then.

i was personally vaguely surprised at first, but then it made so much sense - always been kinda different from the others around me (was & i guess am in the general education system, currently in university) and all that

life's pretty decent, i guess, especially after i got out of primary school, as i was mentally bullied by some people in the second half of that and...ugh. glad i got out of that.
i don't really tell people irl that i'm autistic, as i feel i don't really need to. from my immediate social circle only my closer friends know about it (and, well, my parents).
yo

yep

diagnosed with autism as a kiddo, but my mother didn't tell me that until i was like 15.
even then she felt rather guilty and later when i got the health card thing from my primary/whatever school (1st to 9th grade i mean) which has 'childhood autism' as one of the things written there and she glanced at it, she pretty much straight-out denied that, writing it off as something Inherently Bad Which Must Be Removed™ or something. lol but nah. way to accept yr child, mom. way to go. gold star for trying, i'd already come to terms with my autisticness by then.

i was personally vaguely surprised at first, but then it made so much sense - always been kinda different from the others around me (was & i guess am in the general education system, currently in university) and all that

life's pretty decent, i guess, especially after i got out of primary school, as i was mentally bullied by some people in the second half of that and...ugh. glad i got out of that.
i don't really tell people irl that i'm autistic, as i feel i don't really need to. from my immediate social circle only my closer friends know about it (and, well, my parents).
a minimal doodle of a charcoal/periwinkle imperial with some matchy apparel lounging, with the text 'wow...' near her head she/her / frt+10

"have you tried drink water"
1 2 3 4 5 6 7