Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anyone autistic/aspie/etc?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I'm autistic, though the diagnosis was PDD-NOS, not Asperger's. It wasn't until I was 17 that I was tested and diagnosed. I'm 19 now.
I'm autistic, though the diagnosis was PDD-NOS, not Asperger's. It wasn't until I was 17 that I was tested and diagnosed. I'm 19 now.
harmony ♥ 26 ♥ she/they
iXdY.png
Aspie with ADD to boot :3
Aspie with ADD to boot :3
meepsig_zpsa813840f.png
I don't really believe in Autism/Aspergers and all this, but...

I know I'm different from other people in some way. Never been diagnosed. But I searched around the internet for the kicks and as a matter a fact, I'd have like 50% of the mental disorders existing if I were to go by all symptoms. No.

I actually believe I am the way I am, because of environment, life experience with its goods and bads. I am a very sensitive person, I have my weaknesses, I'm a shut-in as you may call it as I enjoy spending my time alone rather than with other people or 'out' in the world. Because being out there simply makes me dizzy and confused. Sometimes, i wish i was different, but I can't help it. I'm happy in my safe corner. I've met too many nasty people who harmed me in some way or another. Why go through that again? no thanks.
Being on my own, with myself, makes me the happiest.

For the record, I have a few friends irl, but I'm not all over their places at any hour.
I don't really believe in Autism/Aspergers and all this, but...

I know I'm different from other people in some way. Never been diagnosed. But I searched around the internet for the kicks and as a matter a fact, I'd have like 50% of the mental disorders existing if I were to go by all symptoms. No.

I actually believe I am the way I am, because of environment, life experience with its goods and bads. I am a very sensitive person, I have my weaknesses, I'm a shut-in as you may call it as I enjoy spending my time alone rather than with other people or 'out' in the world. Because being out there simply makes me dizzy and confused. Sometimes, i wish i was different, but I can't help it. I'm happy in my safe corner. I've met too many nasty people who harmed me in some way or another. Why go through that again? no thanks.
Being on my own, with myself, makes me the happiest.

For the record, I have a few friends irl, but I'm not all over their places at any hour.
RPMizsI.giftC0aqwD.gif .Rot Ends Skin.
I haven't been officially diagnosed with it, but they think I'm a high functioning Asperger's Syndrome. When I heard about it, I researched it and found I have several of the traits. Mine are mostly auditory. I can't stand sharp noise when it's quiet or loud noises. Sometimes it's the way the person speaks or their tone that sends me off the edge. Then there's relating to others and being social. I have no idea what's socially acceptable or not. I do not understand the mechanisms of relationships or how to deal with any deviations in them.
I haven't been officially diagnosed with it, but they think I'm a high functioning Asperger's Syndrome. When I heard about it, I researched it and found I have several of the traits. Mine are mostly auditory. I can't stand sharp noise when it's quiet or loud noises. Sometimes it's the way the person speaks or their tone that sends me off the edge. Then there's relating to others and being social. I have no idea what's socially acceptable or not. I do not understand the mechanisms of relationships or how to deal with any deviations in them.
Please ping me if you want me to read something.
Light's Baldwin Trading Thread
ColiforLife_zpscbfcm2si.jpg
I have asparagus aspergers syndrome and my life is going pretty well, i have plenty of money in my bank, i still feel superior to everyone at school. I think more technical, i have parents who actually give a **** about my aspergers and read up on it in several books. I live in a first-first world country, and life is pretty great.
So sorry for all you other people who live in bad countries or who have unsupportive families.
I have asparagus aspergers syndrome and my life is going pretty well, i have plenty of money in my bank, i still feel superior to everyone at school. I think more technical, i have parents who actually give a **** about my aspergers and read up on it in several books. I live in a first-first world country, and life is pretty great.
So sorry for all you other people who live in bad countries or who have unsupportive families.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ being meguca is suffering
I'm an aspie, I was lucky enough to be diagnosed just before I became a teenager but I still suffered from a lot of bullying and didn't have anyone there for me really in my childhood. But this just taught me how to be strong on my own and not need anyone really so not really a bad thing. To me aspergers just makes social interactions twice as hard and everything else a lot easier, and to be honest I prefer life that way. It still gets lonely at times because I'm really not good at socializing and keeping contact with people. Glad to see there are others like me on here, the community here so far seems absolutely fantastic and it seems to only be getting better the more I look. If any of you would like to be friends or talk about aspergers and get my more in depth views on it from my experience with it feel free to message me or add me or both any time.
I'm an aspie, I was lucky enough to be diagnosed just before I became a teenager but I still suffered from a lot of bullying and didn't have anyone there for me really in my childhood. But this just taught me how to be strong on my own and not need anyone really so not really a bad thing. To me aspergers just makes social interactions twice as hard and everything else a lot easier, and to be honest I prefer life that way. It still gets lonely at times because I'm really not good at socializing and keeping contact with people. Glad to see there are others like me on here, the community here so far seems absolutely fantastic and it seems to only be getting better the more I look. If any of you would like to be friends or talk about aspergers and get my more in depth views on it from my experience with it feel free to message me or add me or both any time.
I have Asperger's. I was officially diagnosed at 19 when I was in college. I love meeting other Aspies and finding out what their special interests are. My big three are I Love Lucy, Cedar Point and their roller coasters, and science in general (neuropsychiatric disorders specifically, especially bipolar mania).
I have Asperger's. I was officially diagnosed at 19 when I was in college. I love meeting other Aspies and finding out what their special interests are. My big three are I Love Lucy, Cedar Point and their roller coasters, and science in general (neuropsychiatric disorders specifically, especially bipolar mania).
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
Aspie here, diagnosed shortly before I turned 17 (which is pretty late on I think?) and I heckin' love science and video games!
Not sure what else to say, but it's great to know that there's a bunch of us out there and that there's places where we can connect with one another :)
Aspie here, diagnosed shortly before I turned 17 (which is pretty late on I think?) and I heckin' love science and video games!
Not sure what else to say, but it's great to know that there's a bunch of us out there and that there's places where we can connect with one another :)
plagueiscool_zps0139e344-3.gif
I was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was 9, but in a new evaluation this year (I'll be 17 in two months) I didn't meet any of the criteria, so I i]technically[/i] don't have anything, but… I do.

My lifelong special interests have been biology (specifically anatomy, zoology, and paleontology) and Pokémon. More recently acquired one have been Japan (does this make me a weeaboo?) and cross-referencing voice actors. I also change special-interest fandoms about every three years. Right now it's Yuri!!! On Ice; past ones have included Avatar (both shows), Warrior Cats, and Harry Potter.

I realize that I conform to many of the Internet stereotypes of autism/Asperger's: I'm a(n aspiring) furry, having detailed knowledge of anime and Pokémon (though not the Pokémon anime), havjng never been in a real relationship, instead obsessing over anime characters
I was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was 9, but in a new evaluation this year (I'll be 17 in two months) I didn't meet any of the criteria, so I i]technically[/i] don't have anything, but… I do.

My lifelong special interests have been biology (specifically anatomy, zoology, and paleontology) and Pokémon. More recently acquired one have been Japan (does this make me a weeaboo?) and cross-referencing voice actors. I also change special-interest fandoms about every three years. Right now it's Yuri!!! On Ice; past ones have included Avatar (both shows), Warrior Cats, and Harry Potter.

I realize that I conform to many of the Internet stereotypes of autism/Asperger's: I'm a(n aspiring) furry, having detailed knowledge of anime and Pokémon (though not the Pokémon anime), havjng never been in a real relationship, instead obsessing over anime characters
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
Correct me if I'n wrong but I thought we got ride of using the term Aspurger's. Isn't it all just on the autism spectrum? Like saying you have Aspurger's really just means you have a mild term of autism?
Correct me if I'n wrong but I thought we got ride of using the term Aspurger's. Isn't it all just on the autism spectrum? Like saying you have Aspurger's really just means you have a mild term of autism?
“The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things.The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7