Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anyone autistic/aspie/etc?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
-comes in shly-
i have aspergers. also adhd and some other things.
I was diagnosed when i was 5 years or 6 years old.
I am currently 21 now
-hides again- im a shy person sometimes o.O
-comes in shly-
i have aspergers. also adhd and some other things.
I was diagnosed when i was 5 years or 6 years old.
I am currently 21 now
-hides again- im a shy person sometimes o.O
Proud Shadow child Dragon Trades!Hatchling reserve avail. ,The Legend of Zelda
SHADOWBINDER_sig.png
(I'm going to tell a lot about myself here, so people who might want to talk to me will know what they're dealing with.)

Diagnosed with Autism, PDD-NOS (Pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified)
Some criteria for the disorder are less for me, while other are more severe. I am a slightly socially awkward person and I tend to retreat and stay in a safe quiet place when I fail at something/feel threatened, even if that something is not a big deal or a threat, i'm quite shy. I also make a lot of different animal noises, from snake hisses to Ostrich sounds.

I'm good at learning languages, I am Dutch and live in my homeland, but absolutely love learning English. I love speaking it and in my opinion i'm okay at writing it for a 14Yr old ^^.

At times, I feel like I am a totally normal person, but at other times I feel like I carry a curse in my genes. I love babies and young children (I get along especially well with younger boys, don't know why) and get along well with most animals. I am not girly but i still wear slightly feminine clothes because the popular girls at school like to make fun of the ones that don't follow fashion. (i was bullied a lot in primary school, that has scarred me for life)

I go to a special school that is for aspies and Autistic children of age 12 to 17, and I feel okay here. I would not have made it in a normal highschool, I would've felt out of place and lonely, but it's on this school that I've met all my current irl friends.

I suffer from sudden outburst of tears when I think back at my past or recent scarring events.
(I'm going to tell a lot about myself here, so people who might want to talk to me will know what they're dealing with.)

Diagnosed with Autism, PDD-NOS (Pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified)
Some criteria for the disorder are less for me, while other are more severe. I am a slightly socially awkward person and I tend to retreat and stay in a safe quiet place when I fail at something/feel threatened, even if that something is not a big deal or a threat, i'm quite shy. I also make a lot of different animal noises, from snake hisses to Ostrich sounds.

I'm good at learning languages, I am Dutch and live in my homeland, but absolutely love learning English. I love speaking it and in my opinion i'm okay at writing it for a 14Yr old ^^.

At times, I feel like I am a totally normal person, but at other times I feel like I carry a curse in my genes. I love babies and young children (I get along especially well with younger boys, don't know why) and get along well with most animals. I am not girly but i still wear slightly feminine clothes because the popular girls at school like to make fun of the ones that don't follow fashion. (i was bullied a lot in primary school, that has scarred me for life)

I go to a special school that is for aspies and Autistic children of age 12 to 17, and I feel okay here. I would not have made it in a normal highschool, I would've felt out of place and lonely, but it's on this school that I've met all my current irl friends.

I suffer from sudden outburst of tears when I think back at my past or recent scarring events.
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
@dragondinosaur44 oh gosh I do the animal noises too :p typically I just really get the urge to make them, so I make it to a bathroom or something where no one can hear me. It's sometimes an issue though, if I want to make a louder noise. For the longest time, I've just wanted to howl, and there is nowhere where I live where I can do that without being heard, and doing it at concerts just don't seem satisfactory. Honestly I don't understand why this is. Its just a weird urge. But its interesting to know that other people make the hissing thing too. Welcome to the 'aspie guild' :D
@dragondinosaur44 oh gosh I do the animal noises too :p typically I just really get the urge to make them, so I make it to a bathroom or something where no one can hear me. It's sometimes an issue though, if I want to make a louder noise. For the longest time, I've just wanted to howl, and there is nowhere where I live where I can do that without being heard, and doing it at concerts just don't seem satisfactory. Honestly I don't understand why this is. Its just a weird urge. But its interesting to know that other people make the hissing thing too. Welcome to the 'aspie guild' :D
@Finnley Yay, i'm not alone ;_; I hiss at people when i'm angry, just like a snake I use it as a warning. I can't hold myself back from making noises every once in a while, even when i'm supposed to talk like a normal human >_>.
@Finnley Yay, i'm not alone ;_; I hiss at people when i'm angry, just like a snake I use it as a warning. I can't hold myself back from making noises every once in a while, even when i'm supposed to talk like a normal human >_>.
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
*waves* My psychiatrist wants to "hold back" on diagnosing me as on the autistic spectrum, because I have "other mental disorders that could be the cause of the symptoms I identify with." (or something much better paraphrased, you know. ;)) (Social anxiety, long term depressive w/ anxious distress, ADD, other crap), but my mom and I are both positive that I have Asperger's. So.

I'm fairly high-functioning. When I was a kid, I was pretty good at dealing with life and putting on a fake face, and it's pretty much become my default setting to put one foot in front of the other. My depression has been acting up lately, which is just marvelous, by which I mean I hate it and myself. :/ But compared to a lot of aspies, I'm blessed--I have a supportive family, we're moving forward with meds for depression which is helping me stabilize, my teachers and doctors are all understanding...

I'm also freakishly smart, by which I mean no offense to anyone who feels un-smart. I hate it, actually. I don't think it's related to the Asperger's--it's just my IQ. It's hard, though, because my mind moves so much faster than everyone's around me, which makes me feel more out of place.

Thanks for letting me vent! ;)
*waves* My psychiatrist wants to "hold back" on diagnosing me as on the autistic spectrum, because I have "other mental disorders that could be the cause of the symptoms I identify with." (or something much better paraphrased, you know. ;)) (Social anxiety, long term depressive w/ anxious distress, ADD, other crap), but my mom and I are both positive that I have Asperger's. So.

I'm fairly high-functioning. When I was a kid, I was pretty good at dealing with life and putting on a fake face, and it's pretty much become my default setting to put one foot in front of the other. My depression has been acting up lately, which is just marvelous, by which I mean I hate it and myself. :/ But compared to a lot of aspies, I'm blessed--I have a supportive family, we're moving forward with meds for depression which is helping me stabilize, my teachers and doctors are all understanding...

I'm also freakishly smart, by which I mean no offense to anyone who feels un-smart. I hate it, actually. I don't think it's related to the Asperger's--it's just my IQ. It's hard, though, because my mind moves so much faster than everyone's around me, which makes me feel more out of place.

Thanks for letting me vent! ;)
E6nL5Eq.png Asexual Lesbian Christian Genderqueer
She/They | FRT +3 | 21
Proud Lightning Flight Member
Off hiatus as off June 2019. PM me directly if you want to talk!
@Akky3210, that's why mine won't diagnose either, also due to the fact that I'm 16, which is around 10 years older than they would normally want to diagnose at, apparently. According to them I would have aspergers, due to a lot of the symptoms being present but being quite high functioning.
@Akky3210, that's why mine won't diagnose either, also due to the fact that I'm 16, which is around 10 years older than they would normally want to diagnose at, apparently. According to them I would have aspergers, due to a lot of the symptoms being present but being quite high functioning.
XIm4ki2.pngBIg65I8.gif
@Brecheese Yeah, I almost wish I had a diagnosis, just so I could hold that knowledge in m hands. But then, I'm a fairly label-centric person, for good or ill.
@Brecheese Yeah, I almost wish I had a diagnosis, just so I could hold that knowledge in m hands. But then, I'm a fairly label-centric person, for good or ill.
She/They | FRT +3 | 21
@Akky3210, I feel that sometimes it would be very useful, particularly when I have to ask people to explain an expression or how they are feeling so that I can try and react appropriately, because then maybe they would understand why I have to do that, as opposed to occasionally getting angry with me or just laughing.
@Akky3210, I feel that sometimes it would be very useful, particularly when I have to ask people to explain an expression or how they are feeling so that I can try and react appropriately, because then maybe they would understand why I have to do that, as opposed to occasionally getting angry with me or just laughing.
XIm4ki2.pngBIg65I8.gif
@Brecheese Ugh, the laughing is the worst. I empathize. :/
@Brecheese Ugh, the laughing is the worst. I empathize. :/
She/They | FRT +3 | 21
Yeah, I'm an 'Aspie'.
I actually prefer that term. People on the internet are mean and sometimes call it 'a**-burgers," and that ticks me right off. It's like, 'scuse me, but it has a name and being different is not something stereotypical. Thanks.
Anger aside, I was a "late diagnosis" (I was 17 when I got the diagnosis. I'm now 21). It helped me through the last bit of high school to know what was up. Don't really have access to the resources in the town I live in right now to help forward myself.

My brother lives with Autism too.
I'm pretty sure it's coming off of my dad's side. Oh well.
Yeah, I'm an 'Aspie'.
I actually prefer that term. People on the internet are mean and sometimes call it 'a**-burgers," and that ticks me right off. It's like, 'scuse me, but it has a name and being different is not something stereotypical. Thanks.
Anger aside, I was a "late diagnosis" (I was 17 when I got the diagnosis. I'm now 21). It helped me through the last bit of high school to know what was up. Don't really have access to the resources in the town I live in right now to help forward myself.

My brother lives with Autism too.
I'm pretty sure it's coming off of my dad's side. Oh well.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7