Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Console issues yay
Update!! I just put a empty game case under my PS4 and now it's working fine?? I love technology

I've been cursed by the dreaded disc eject issue on my PS4. I've been dealing with it for like a year now but now it's gotten to the point of ejecting like every 10 minutes. I've heard it's a quick and relatively painless fix but for me taking apart any system might as well be defusing a bomb. Once our neighbor gets home I'll ask if he has the right type of screwdriver and try to fix it with a guide. Wish me luck!

Ps: any console issues y'all have ever had? Whether they completely broke the system or not, I'd love to hear some stories to pass the time! I myself seem to be a victim of issues that don't break the consoles but make them slightly more annoying to use but are overall harmless
Update!! I just put a empty game case under my PS4 and now it's working fine?? I love technology

I've been cursed by the dreaded disc eject issue on my PS4. I've been dealing with it for like a year now but now it's gotten to the point of ejecting like every 10 minutes. I've heard it's a quick and relatively painless fix but for me taking apart any system might as well be defusing a bomb. Once our neighbor gets home I'll ask if he has the right type of screwdriver and try to fix it with a guide. Wish me luck!

Ps: any console issues y'all have ever had? Whether they completely broke the system or not, I'd love to hear some stories to pass the time! I myself seem to be a victim of issues that don't break the consoles but make them slightly more annoying to use but are overall harmless
LEpJMnn.png
J8QoPxT.png
CtM8cLF.png tqGkHih.png
5DjYECS.png
Given your post in the otp thread this is extremely funny and uber disheartening, I am so sorry. I cannot recall having any console issues on my part, though.
Given your post in the otp thread this is extremely funny and uber disheartening, I am so sorry. I cannot recall having any console issues on my part, though.
UwUnl7O.png
mlHpBMC.pngmjtJ868.png 5vnsOgE.pngQ2if6VF.png
The Wii I had as a kid eventually stopped accepting discs period. Apparently some disc drives on certain consoles are super fragile and will break and stop reading discs if they're even a bit jostled with a disc inside. Idk if that's the case with PS4s but it was very annoying when it happened to my Wii. We ended up getting a Wii U just because of this, I feel like we wouldn't have gotten one otherwise lol.
The Wii I had as a kid eventually stopped accepting discs period. Apparently some disc drives on certain consoles are super fragile and will break and stop reading discs if they're even a bit jostled with a disc inside. Idk if that's the case with PS4s but it was very annoying when it happened to my Wii. We ended up getting a Wii U just because of this, I feel like we wouldn't have gotten one otherwise lol.
She/Her 24
Big Dragon Nerd
I only ever get obsessed with media that's at least 10 years old for some reason.
Artist and Writer
one time a few years ago my nintendo broke down- i was still obsessed with the legend of zelda breath of the wild, and we had to send it off to get fixed. (the tv port broke and the charging). I got it back and EVERYTHING i had done in the botw game had been erased. it was quite the journey to get it back.

This other time my wii (which belonged to my mom first so its kinda aged now-) tried to turn on and had terrible static and glitchy issues. I got so terrified it was broken cause the zelda game twilight princess is on there and it was (and still is) my favorite.
one time a few years ago my nintendo broke down- i was still obsessed with the legend of zelda breath of the wild, and we had to send it off to get fixed. (the tv port broke and the charging). I got it back and EVERYTHING i had done in the botw game had been erased. it was quite the journey to get it back.

This other time my wii (which belonged to my mom first so its kinda aged now-) tried to turn on and had terrible static and glitchy issues. I got so terrified it was broken cause the zelda game twilight princess is on there and it was (and still is) my favorite.
milkchai-cacat.pngYMPbu9R.pngk3PfQGk.pngoaolHwW.pngY6nir0L.pngQq78qBr.pngweia2aX.pngZxGbXMY.png6R7AJ1z.pngiJZWqi6.pngfeXtM27.pngJ7D1quC.pnggZH0mcN.pngytkEBod.pngxKIpW2A.png
Ah, the thing where the PS4 continuously tries to spit out a disc? (Even when there's no disc.)

It's so annoying. :'D (and when it starts, it just won't stop!)

Let's see:

- My Gameboy Colour's power switch is faulty and doesn't work any more.

- My Gameboy Advance's battery port is faulty and doesn't work quite right, causing the batteries to lose connection with any movement and leading to the system shutting off suddenly at the slightest nudge.

- My Gamecube has a failing laser and will occasionally freeze or crash.

- I had a Super Nintendo that just up and died one day, a long time ago. It had a faulty motherboard.

- My original Playstation 2 got the dreaded DRE, and had a disc tray motor that was so worn out that it could not open on its own.

- My Slim model Playstation 2 (replacement for the original PS2) now has a loose lid (causing discs to stop reading or fail to read), and failing memory card port.
Ah, the thing where the PS4 continuously tries to spit out a disc? (Even when there's no disc.)

It's so annoying. :'D (and when it starts, it just won't stop!)

Let's see:

- My Gameboy Colour's power switch is faulty and doesn't work any more.

- My Gameboy Advance's battery port is faulty and doesn't work quite right, causing the batteries to lose connection with any movement and leading to the system shutting off suddenly at the slightest nudge.

- My Gamecube has a failing laser and will occasionally freeze or crash.

- I had a Super Nintendo that just up and died one day, a long time ago. It had a faulty motherboard.

- My original Playstation 2 got the dreaded DRE, and had a disc tray motor that was so worn out that it could not open on its own.

- My Slim model Playstation 2 (replacement for the original PS2) now has a loose lid (causing discs to stop reading or fail to read), and failing memory card port.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
My mom never lets me forget about how difficult it was to obtain a Nintendo Wii, only for the console to start glitching and gradually become completely unusable.

I’d be playing a game and then the screen would suddenly freeze and it would make this high-pitched alarm-like sound. Usually a hard reset would make it better, but unfortunately it was just a temporary fix.

My mom never lets me forget about how difficult it was to obtain a Nintendo Wii, only for the console to start glitching and gradually become completely unusable.

I’d be playing a game and then the screen would suddenly freeze and it would make this high-pitched alarm-like sound. Usually a hard reset would make it better, but unfortunately it was just a temporary fix.

Got permabanned from psn due to a hacker and almost killed my ps4 a while ago because I had never cleaned it since I got it [emoji=gaoler sad size=1] Poor thing was so full of dust that it overheated while playing dark souls 1….
Got permabanned from psn due to a hacker and almost killed my ps4 a while ago because I had never cleaned it since I got it Poor thing was so full of dust that it overheated while playing dark souls 1….
Antique Oil Lamp Paleogene
she/her
I collect bug items and transmuted treasures
nnnnnn
Transmuted Treasure
yikes, i'm sorry. dealt with that yesterday on my ps4, and our old wii broke years ago (which sucks, because now we can't play any of the gamecube games anymore— primarily mario kart double dash [emoji=coatl sad size=1]). unfortunately, not everyone has a few hundred bucks lying around for a new console.
yikes, i'm sorry. dealt with that yesterday on my ps4, and our old wii broke years ago (which sucks, because now we can't play any of the gamecube games anymore— primarily mario kart double dash ). unfortunately, not everyone has a few hundred bucks lying around for a new console.
wishlist
he/kit
xenogender
trans
transmasc

arospec
rosboy
gay
ace

catgender
Adorable Arcane Hatchery! you should listen to them... NOW!!! Coatl Swirls! semi-verbal
autistic
bird dad
please ping!!!
FR+2
Nothing Fancy Hatchery Raffle!