Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ants??
1 2 3
DID SOMEBODY SAY ANTS
Ants are WAY more awesome than many people give them credit for. Them and their cousins have full on civilizations going on! They've got flippn agriculture figured out!!!

I sadly have a pretty bad phobia of wasps (and bees, to a lesser extent), but they're cool aside from that

As a side note, the bumblebees around where I live are super round and fluffy and adorable and I love them so much :D

DID SOMEBODY SAY ANTS
Ants are WAY more awesome than many people give them credit for. Them and their cousins have full on civilizations going on! They've got flippn agriculture figured out!!!

I sadly have a pretty bad phobia of wasps (and bees, to a lesser extent), but they're cool aside from that

As a side note, the bumblebees around where I live are super round and fluffy and adorable and I love them so much :D

[insert clever and witty comment here]

hey, come check out my fandragons :3
xH2YfAb.png C0YtY9S.gif q9EEy5M.png
FObX7rS.png
I7a1ndF.png
XmHV7tO.png
LRdLP2V.png
2VtxnMX.png
does anyone know the facebook group where everyone pretends to be an ant
does anyone know the facebook group where everyone pretends to be an ant
hHi8SF1.png
uhSJ9ek.png
jA5A7gu.png
5OBxblq.png
qhK4FYS.png
a bit of empty space to
scoot the image image image over if you need it jjjjhjnjnkn
zHTy6PD.gif
the museum i work in hosts one of my university's ant labs! they've got those little fungus farming leafcutter ants just chillin' in fish tanks, along with a few other tropical species colonies :)

apparently you have to remember to oil the sides of the tank so they can't climb it or they revolt and try to leave
the museum i work in hosts one of my university's ant labs! they've got those little fungus farming leafcutter ants just chillin' in fish tanks, along with a few other tropical species colonies :)

apparently you have to remember to oil the sides of the tank so they can't climb it or they revolt and try to leave
hikaru
22 • he/him • eng/jpn • fr+3

click here for a random bird
________
I've always been a big fan of Hymenoptera! When I was little I would put bumble bees and honey bees in a bug box with some honey, cheese, etc. and watch them eat or buzz around for a few minutes before setting them free. I still try to give the ants I see any crumbs I have, and although I'm more cautious around wasps I still love them :)
I've always been a big fan of Hymenoptera! When I was little I would put bumble bees and honey bees in a bug box with some honey, cheese, etc. and watch them eat or buzz around for a few minutes before setting them free. I still try to give the ants I see any crumbs I have, and although I'm more cautious around wasps I still love them :)
w3Zfvla.gif -Wishlist
-She/Her
-Pings are ok!
-You matter
”If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.” - Carl Sagan
[columns][item=Scrapmetal Tracker][nextcol]I love bugs and I think ants are hella underrated. I also love wasps and because they play an important role around these parts with eating mosquitos I usually let them hang around and build nests in my yard, and they're really fascinating to watch. I've also never actually been stung.[/columns]
Scrapmetal Tracker I love bugs and I think ants are hella underrated. I also love wasps and because they play an important role around these parts with eating mosquitos I usually let them hang around and build nests in my yard, and they're really fascinating to watch. I've also never actually been stung.
Ants are beautoful wasps are beautiful bees are beaitiful bugs are beautiful. Parasitoid wasps are my favorite hymenopterans but i do love a good ant. I have a soft spot for eusocial animals and i think its especially cool that so many of them have agriculture-like mutualism with fungus. My favorite ant lore is that a lot of spevies have colony members whose heads are door stoppers so they can block the door [img]https://www.antwiki.org/wiki/images/6/6d/Wild_Cephalotes_varians_nest_entrance.jpg[/img] ^The specific genuus of ants in this photo ([i]Cephalotes[/i]) are freaky about it because not only do they have extremely door stopper heads (the flat thing coming out of the hole is a door stopper head) but they can even secrete fibrous substances out of it to coat their head shield with a layer of funguslike crap to camouflage the door while they block it. Plus also its not even their door they hijack beetle nests and live in it.
Ants are beautoful wasps are beautiful bees are beaitiful bugs are beautiful. Parasitoid wasps are my favorite hymenopterans but i do love a good ant. I have a soft spot for eusocial animals and i think its especially cool that so many of them have agriculture-like mutualism with fungus. My favorite ant lore is that a lot of spevies have colony members whose heads are door stoppers so they can block the door
Wild_Cephalotes_varians_nest_entrance.jpg
^The specific genuus of ants in this photo (Cephalotes) are freaky about it because not only do they have extremely door stopper heads (the flat thing coming out of the hole is a door stopper head) but they can even secrete fibrous substances out of it to coat their head shield with a layer of funguslike crap to camouflage the door while they block it. Plus also its not even their door they hijack beetle nests and live in it.
aarrghghgh jkshdjkahdkjad eiopwppeoe wqoqwe beep boop ebbbeeeeeeppp aa aaaa aa wwowooooooooooo bbbrha bhabab hbhaba (this is dial up sounds)
I LOVE bugs in general. theyre so neat and epic!
I LOVE bugs in general. theyre so neat and epic!
I will own an army of slither wing aethers mark my worms.
@BigB0yJENKINS Turtle ants are some of my favourites!
@BigB0yJENKINS Turtle ants are some of my favourites!
@WeaverAntLover HELLO WEAVER ANT LOVER. I LOVE WEAVER ANTS
@WeaverAntLover HELLO WEAVER ANT LOVER. I LOVE WEAVER ANTS
aarrghghgh jkshdjkahdkjad eiopwppeoe wqoqwe beep boop ebbbeeeeeeppp aa aaaa aa wwowooooooooooo bbbrha bhabab hbhaba (this is dial up sounds)
@BigB0yJENKINS I LOVE WEAVER ANTS TOO
@BigB0yJENKINS I LOVE WEAVER ANTS TOO
1 2 3