Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What are you reading right now?
Re-reading the entire KOTLC(Keeper of the Lost Cities) series over and over again.
Re-reading the entire KOTLC(Keeper of the Lost Cities) series over and over again.
//Wishlist//Oddjobs(Store)//Evergreen Hatchery//
My art comm/dump/storage website//

I take random hiatuses year-round(mostly during breaks). I am on more often than not though. So feel free to still be in contact and interact with me.
fyu120w.png
v09Qm6B.png
Getting ready to read Of Mice and Men in my English class.
Getting ready to read Of Mice and Men in my English class.
cTrEW.gifmlHpBMC.png.XdKddgH.png.
House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski!
I read it once in high school, once about five years ago, and am reading it again now. I'd put an R-rating on this for both content matter (Johnny's sections especially can have both stark, unsparing violence and Explicit Content) and for the way The Navidson Record is written, which can be hard to parse if you aren't used to dense academic criticism style text. I REALLY do recommend it, though. See if a library has a copy.

How on earth do you even start to describe this book? It's annotations on footnotes on a critique of a documentary that mightn't even exist. It's like the literary equivalent of eating a crab with nothing but your bare hands. This book is gonna make you feel like the Pepe Silvia scene in Always Sunny. Modern Backrooms-type horror can trace its DNA right back to this very book. It's the only book that's ever made me nervous from seeing a color change. You straight up can't adapt this thing to any other medium. Floyd Collins in Sand Cave. It's about obsession. It's about horror. It's about love.
It's a labyrinth and you'd better keep good hold of your string, Theseus.
House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski!
I read it once in high school, once about five years ago, and am reading it again now. I'd put an R-rating on this for both content matter (Johnny's sections especially can have both stark, unsparing violence and Explicit Content) and for the way The Navidson Record is written, which can be hard to parse if you aren't used to dense academic criticism style text. I REALLY do recommend it, though. See if a library has a copy.

How on earth do you even start to describe this book? It's annotations on footnotes on a critique of a documentary that mightn't even exist. It's like the literary equivalent of eating a crab with nothing but your bare hands. This book is gonna make you feel like the Pepe Silvia scene in Always Sunny. Modern Backrooms-type horror can trace its DNA right back to this very book. It's the only book that's ever made me nervous from seeing a color change. You straight up can't adapt this thing to any other medium. Floyd Collins in Sand Cave. It's about obsession. It's about horror. It's about love.
It's a labyrinth and you'd better keep good hold of your string, Theseus.
tumblr_nj881zEgtm1qbol1ao1_400.png
he/him // ER critter
Currently reading "Everything's Eventual" by Stephen King. Then I'm torn between reading either "Cujo" or "Under the Dome" both also by Stephen King
Currently reading "Everything's Eventual" by Stephen King. Then I'm torn between reading either "Cujo" or "Under the Dome" both also by Stephen King
YMPbu9R.pngdFnwkLI.png oySYa5s.png 6Je3hjY.png
tyEuRXe.png LCqISMP.png nupGNag.png RfMwnPI.png
twiuBT0.png I5qcdda.png uVEyOnT.png jlA5frr.png
The Oleander Sword, book 2 of the Burning Kingdoms trilogy.
Apparently book 3 comes out in 2024 >:(
it's ok, I'm a Rothfuss fan, waiting one year is nothing
The Oleander Sword, book 2 of the Burning Kingdoms trilogy.
Apparently book 3 comes out in 2024 >:(
it's ok, I'm a Rothfuss fan, waiting one year is nothing
I'm about 50 pages away from finishing the first volume of Story of the Stone and I think it's one of the best books I've ever read! There's so many different characters and moving parts to it but the author manages to use them all so well and make them very believable. The magical realism aspects are very well integrated too and I find it's portrayal of Taoism, Buddhism, poetry, plays, courtly life and chinese culture of the time beyond interesting.
I'm about 50 pages away from finishing the first volume of Story of the Stone and I think it's one of the best books I've ever read! There's so many different characters and moving parts to it but the author manages to use them all so well and make them very believable. The magical realism aspects are very well integrated too and I find it's portrayal of Taoism, Buddhism, poetry, plays, courtly life and chinese culture of the time beyond interesting.
seGmw74.jpg
I just started reading "Lost in a Good Book" the second book in the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde.

It is kind of hard for me to describe in a way that would make sense to someone who has not started the series...
I just started reading "Lost in a Good Book" the second book in the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde.

It is kind of hard for me to describe in a way that would make sense to someone who has not started the series...
tastefulmarketing.gif
Chinese Cinderella!! honest started crying while reading it, it’s so good and it has definitely sparked my interest in personal perspective history books again,

In short it’s about an unwanted and unloved girl, it tells about her family and her genuine struggles just living. I don’t have the book with me, but I think it was around after the Sino-French war. A little after they talk about Pearl Harbor so around that time frame.
Chinese Cinderella!! honest started crying while reading it, it’s so good and it has definitely sparked my interest in personal perspective history books again,

In short it’s about an unwanted and unloved girl, it tells about her family and her genuine struggles just living. I don’t have the book with me, but I think it was around after the Sino-French war. A little after they talk about Pearl Harbor so around that time frame.
im reading the inferno (translated by john ciardi) and html & css by jon ducket.
im reading the inferno (translated by john ciardi) and html & css by jon ducket.
Not a series but I'm reading The Bedside Book of Birds by Graeme Gibson. If you love birds, (like me!) check it out.
Not a series but I'm reading The Bedside Book of Birds by Graeme Gibson. If you love birds, (like me!) check it out.
lMoMteR.png