Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Unfortunate but funny things
Have you ever come across something unfortunate but funny?

For example your phone/candy bar dropped in the toilet bowl.
Would love to hear from you!

My own example: once when I was in elementary school, I was carrying a lunchbox that was unclosed for some reason. I walked down the stairs and everything fell out.
I didn’t eat anything from the lunchbox before this happened. Which meant that EVERYTHING came full-force.
Have you ever come across something unfortunate but funny?

For example your phone/candy bar dropped in the toilet bowl.
Would love to hear from you!

My own example: once when I was in elementary school, I was carrying a lunchbox that was unclosed for some reason. I walked down the stairs and everything fell out.
I didn’t eat anything from the lunchbox before this happened. Which meant that EVERYTHING came full-force.
H5oS9j0.png
coughed while I had tea in my mouth. spat tea on my blankie.
also, the number of times I've dropped half-melted chocolate on my blankie (or my pants or my sweater) is insane, I now use a sheet of paper as a plate if I have chocolate.
and a subversion: I used to somehow always be wearing white when I had art class and we had to work with paint. never got paint on my clothes.
coughed while I had tea in my mouth. spat tea on my blankie.
also, the number of times I've dropped half-melted chocolate on my blankie (or my pants or my sweater) is insane, I now use a sheet of paper as a plate if I have chocolate.
and a subversion: I used to somehow always be wearing white when I had art class and we had to work with paint. never got paint on my clothes.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
Opening day of the store I used to work at, we had frozen yogurt machines that I was in charge of. They barely worked on the opening weekend, I’d had maybe 5 minute of training with them. Already a nightmare situation. I went to go refill the Nutella flavour, it was in a massive 3 litre plastic bag that I had to cut open and pour into the top of the machine. It slipped out of my hand and went EVERYWHERE. All over me, the machine, the floor, the drinks fridge, the boxes of lollies on the floor. Did my best to clean it up but the smell haunted that back area for weeks no matter how much I cleaned everything. Anyway my shift was from 8 to 6 and I had to work the next day too and I sat in an Uber home and cried while covered in dried Nutella yogurt and this very sweet driver tried to console me.

It was awful in the moment but it’s funny to think about now, after I got let go so that they could replace us all with 14 year olds the machines got put out of order because they fired everyone who knew how to use them and I deleted the manual my coworker and I made ourselves from the store computer :)
Opening day of the store I used to work at, we had frozen yogurt machines that I was in charge of. They barely worked on the opening weekend, I’d had maybe 5 minute of training with them. Already a nightmare situation. I went to go refill the Nutella flavour, it was in a massive 3 litre plastic bag that I had to cut open and pour into the top of the machine. It slipped out of my hand and went EVERYWHERE. All over me, the machine, the floor, the drinks fridge, the boxes of lollies on the floor. Did my best to clean it up but the smell haunted that back area for weeks no matter how much I cleaned everything. Anyway my shift was from 8 to 6 and I had to work the next day too and I sat in an Uber home and cried while covered in dried Nutella yogurt and this very sweet driver tried to console me.

It was awful in the moment but it’s funny to think about now, after I got let go so that they could replace us all with 14 year olds the machines got put out of order because they fired everyone who knew how to use them and I deleted the manual my coworker and I made ourselves from the store computer :)
One day I came home from swimming and my mom said, “Oh you should wear your flip flops before running in the grass” I replied “No it’s just from the car to the house, I’ll be fine”

Then as soon as my feet hit the grass I got stung by a wasp

I was crying at the time but now I look back at it and laugh
One day I came home from swimming and my mom said, “Oh you should wear your flip flops before running in the grass” I replied “No it’s just from the car to the house, I’ll be fine”

Then as soon as my feet hit the grass I got stung by a wasp

I was crying at the time but now I look back at it and laugh
6nI5sr3.png UPbvkZE.png