Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Fanfic Writing
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[quote name="@Luvdisc" date="2022-11-23 04:47:33" ] Howdy! I write Pokemon fanfic, anime canon mostly. (I have a gameverse Red/Blue fic in the works though.) I generally like writing things that are very tender and very queer, and I write a lot of sickfic and rarepairs. I've got a multichapter in progress, but I mostly write oneshots. Short and sweet is what I do best! [/quote] Fellow Pokémon fic writer nice!! That sounds awesome lol tbh I might check out your work if you wanna share? Love a good sickfic EDIT: I noticed the link, absolutely will check them out :) @Xionahri I'll check it out then that does sound cool :3 thank you!!
@Luvdisc wrote on 2022-11-23 04:47:33:
Howdy! I write Pokemon fanfic, anime canon mostly. (I have a gameverse Red/Blue fic in the works though.) I generally like writing things that are very tender and very queer, and I write a lot of sickfic and rarepairs.

I've got a multichapter in progress, but I mostly write oneshots. Short and sweet is what I do best!
Fellow Pokémon fic writer nice!! That sounds awesome lol tbh I might check out your work if you wanna share? Love a good sickfic

EDIT: I noticed the link, absolutely will check them out :)

@Xionahri
I'll check it out then that does sound cool :3 thank you!!
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
I haven't written in so long...I write stuff that isn't FR friendly so I can't share XD Most of the stuff I write never gets posted on ao3 though cause I never finish it.
I haven't written in so long...I write stuff that isn't FR friendly so I can't share XD Most of the stuff I write never gets posted on ao3 though cause I never finish it.
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
[quote name="LouckyKoneko" date="2022-11-23 04:18:01" ] did someone say fanfics??? if I hadn't volunteered to write a script for my theater club this week, I'd be all over this! I'm working on a major Kingdom Hearts AU and I think I'm finally ready to start writing the first arc, but script goes first. that said, the script is an adaptation of a classic story, so technically that's also a fanfic? remind me to hop back in here after work bc I've been wanting to ramble about fanfics all week [/quote] OKAY hi I'm done with work , time for rambling I mostly write Kingdom Hearts fanfics, but my AO3 (linked in my signature; be aware that my works might not be safe for FR or suitable for younger audiences. watch the tags!) has mostly FR stuff in my most recent works. what gives? well... I got writer's block around halloween last year and haven't quite gotten over it yet. I have a oneshot that's been in the works since october last year, I wanted to finish it this month but with the script now looming over me I don't think I'll have the time. enough about that tho... let's talk AUs. the second reason I haven't been posting much stuff is because I'm working on a few major AUs, one of which I feel confident I can start writing soon. I like changing things and seeing what will happen, but the butterfly effect usually gets out of my control and I can't for the life of me get the story to stick to my original plan. the third reason I don't write a lot of fic atm is because I'm the beta-reader for my partner's long ongoing fanfic (definitely not FR safe, so I won't link it here) and finally, I haven't been working on fic because I've been planning metas! I love analyzing and reading into things in my favorite series and I've been wanting to write metas for ages, so I'm kinda excited for those... though there's a few things that hold me back from writing them atm, I'll have to sort those out first
LouckyKoneko wrote on 2022-11-23 04:18:01:
did someone say fanfics???

if I hadn't volunteered to write a script for my theater club this week, I'd be all over this! I'm working on a major Kingdom Hearts AU and I think I'm finally ready to start writing the first arc, but script goes first. that said, the script is an adaptation of a classic story, so technically that's also a fanfic?

remind me to hop back in here after work bc I've been wanting to ramble about fanfics all week

OKAY hi I'm done with work , time for rambling

I mostly write Kingdom Hearts fanfics, but my AO3 (linked in my signature; be aware that my works might not be safe for FR or suitable for younger audiences. watch the tags!) has mostly FR stuff in my most recent works. what gives? well... I got writer's block around halloween last year and haven't quite gotten over it yet. I have a oneshot that's been in the works since october last year, I wanted to finish it this month but with the script now looming over me I don't think I'll have the time.

enough about that tho... let's talk AUs. the second reason I haven't been posting much stuff is because I'm working on a few major AUs, one of which I feel confident I can start writing soon. I like changing things and seeing what will happen, but the butterfly effect usually gets out of my control and I can't for the life of me get the story to stick to my original plan.

the third reason I don't write a lot of fic atm is because I'm the beta-reader for my partner's long ongoing fanfic (definitely not FR safe, so I won't link it here)

and finally, I haven't been working on fic because I've been planning metas! I love analyzing and reading into things in my favorite series and I've been wanting to write metas for ages, so I'm kinda excited for those... though there's a few things that hold me back from writing them atm, I'll have to sort those out first
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
Whoo fanfic! I’m on a writing hiatus right now, but Undertale fanfic is like 80% of what I write and like 90% of what I read. I tend to go for long, multichaptered stories, although I have several ideas that would work well in series of shorter fics.

I am a huge fan of the Underfell AU, so I write that a lot. Not gonna link my ao3 cause a lot of the stuff I read/write is very much not FR appropriate, haha.

I really do want to get back into writing though.
Whoo fanfic! I’m on a writing hiatus right now, but Undertale fanfic is like 80% of what I write and like 90% of what I read. I tend to go for long, multichaptered stories, although I have several ideas that would work well in series of shorter fics.

I am a huge fan of the Underfell AU, so I write that a lot. Not gonna link my ao3 cause a lot of the stuff I read/write is very much not FR appropriate, haha.

I really do want to get back into writing though.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
There was this one I was writing since 2-3 years ago and am still writing. 95,000+ WORDS AND 300+ PAGES....I'll just say it's very...chaotic. Also war crimes yay.
There was this one I was writing since 2-3 years ago and am still writing. 95,000+ WORDS AND 300+ PAGES....I'll just say it's very...chaotic. Also war crimes yay.
Clara the Blaziken, She/Her, 2+ Fr time, Professional Idiot :))))
I miss writing fic. Maybe I'll get some done on this vacation weekend. I have a bunch of half-written fics that need finishing.

I'm the same username on AO3. I write Silmarillion fics, mostly not safe for work.
I miss writing fic. Maybe I'll get some done on this vacation weekend. I have a bunch of half-written fics that need finishing.

I'm the same username on AO3. I write Silmarillion fics, mostly not safe for work.
Sig by Snivy14
dEeYK3e.png
Friend encouraged me to weite fanfic so now im workibg on a MonHun fic about an Odogaron falling in love with a Paolumu. Unsure of where to take the story though.
Friend encouraged me to weite fanfic so now im workibg on a MonHun fic about an Odogaron falling in love with a Paolumu. Unsure of where to take the story though.
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
[quote name="ImpossibleJedi4" date="2022-11-23 03:48:06" ] [quote name="@LaikaFlash" date="2022-11-22 21:04:59" ] Long-time reader of fics; got back into writing them a few years ago. I started with writing one Soul Calibur fic on a whim, which spiraled into a longer story... Now my Google Docs page is filled with Soul Calibur fics. As far as the longfic goes, I'm desperately trying to claw myself out of a rut. I want to write Siegfried becoming a bandit so badly, but I just gotta get there... [emoji=fae laughing size=1] Personally, I like to expand on little details from canon. I feel like I've found my niche in exploring things that (I think) were overlooked. That and trying to square those games' canon with the nastier realities of 16th century life is... really something else. (Anyone in other fandoms do something similar? I'm curious.) That said, I'm going to use my better judgement by [i]not[/i] linking my Ao3 here because many of my stories involve subject matter too heavy for this site, and I'd like to keep this account. [/quote] Expanding on details in canon my beloved!! It's so fun!! And I too like tossing in certain things to make the world more realistic. I'm writing for pokemon so I like to keep that universe kinder to people and more helpful to people, but I still try and expand on good and bad details! Like. I'm mapping out and expanding on a subway system. I am a biologist. This is quite tricky lmaooo [/quote] I've pored over this one tiny area on maps of the Holy Roman Empire for longer than I care to think. (Internally screaming at those cartographical nightmares.) Most of my longfic takes place near the Black Forest, so I've found excuses to geek out over nature, at least in my drafts.
ImpossibleJedi4 wrote on 2022-11-23 03:48:06:
@LaikaFlash wrote on 2022-11-22 21:04:59:
Long-time reader of fics; got back into writing them a few years ago. I started with writing one Soul Calibur fic on a whim, which spiraled into a longer story... Now my Google Docs page is filled with Soul Calibur fics. As far as the longfic goes, I'm desperately trying to claw myself out of a rut. I want to write Siegfried becoming a bandit so badly, but I just gotta get there...

Personally, I like to expand on little details from canon. I feel like I've found my niche in exploring things that (I think) were overlooked. That and trying to square those games' canon with the nastier realities of 16th century life is... really something else. (Anyone in other fandoms do something similar? I'm curious.)

That said, I'm going to use my better judgement by not linking my Ao3 here because many of my stories involve subject matter too heavy for this site, and I'd like to keep this account.
Expanding on details in canon my beloved!! It's so fun!!

And I too like tossing in certain things to make the world more realistic. I'm writing for pokemon so I like to keep that universe kinder to people and more helpful to people, but I still try and expand on good and bad details!

Like. I'm mapping out and expanding on a subway system. I am a biologist. This is quite tricky lmaooo

I've pored over this one tiny area on maps of the Holy Roman Empire for longer than I care to think. (Internally screaming at those cartographical nightmares.) Most of my longfic takes place near the Black Forest, so I've found excuses to geek out over nature, at least in my drafts.
No tone tags, please. Just say what you mean. Will not read carrds.
YUzmw5z.png9Wis07O.pngYMPbu9R.png
[quote name="LaikaFlash" date="2022-11-23 19:57:34" ] [quote name="ImpossibleJedi4" date="2022-11-23 03:48:06" ] [quote name="@LaikaFlash" date="2022-11-22 21:04:59" ] Long-time reader of fics; got back into writing them a few years ago. I started with writing one Soul Calibur fic on a whim, which spiraled into a longer story... Now my Google Docs page is filled with Soul Calibur fics. As far as the longfic goes, I'm desperately trying to claw myself out of a rut. I want to write Siegfried becoming a bandit so badly, but I just gotta get there... [emoji=fae laughing size=1] Personally, I like to expand on little details from canon. I feel like I've found my niche in exploring things that (I think) were overlooked. That and trying to square those games' canon with the nastier realities of 16th century life is... really something else. (Anyone in other fandoms do something similar? I'm curious.) That said, I'm going to use my better judgement by [i]not[/i] linking my Ao3 here because many of my stories involve subject matter too heavy for this site, and I'd like to keep this account. [/quote] Expanding on details in canon my beloved!! It's so fun!! And I too like tossing in certain things to make the world more realistic. I'm writing for pokemon so I like to keep that universe kinder to people and more helpful to people, but I still try and expand on good and bad details! Like. I'm mapping out and expanding on a subway system. I am a biologist. This is quite tricky lmaooo [/quote] I've pored over this one tiny area on maps of the Holy Roman Empire for longer than I care to think. (Internally screaming at those cartographical nightmares.) Most of my longfic takes place near the Black Forest, so I've found excuses to geek out over nature, at least in my drafts. [/quote] That impresses me to no end; I am glad, at least, that my fics take place in a fictional location!! Super super cool (also the Black Forest is such a cool location, yesss)
LaikaFlash wrote on 2022-11-23 19:57:34:
ImpossibleJedi4 wrote on 2022-11-23 03:48:06:
@LaikaFlash wrote on 2022-11-22 21:04:59:
Long-time reader of fics; got back into writing them a few years ago. I started with writing one Soul Calibur fic on a whim, which spiraled into a longer story... Now my Google Docs page is filled with Soul Calibur fics. As far as the longfic goes, I'm desperately trying to claw myself out of a rut. I want to write Siegfried becoming a bandit so badly, but I just gotta get there...

Personally, I like to expand on little details from canon. I feel like I've found my niche in exploring things that (I think) were overlooked. That and trying to square those games' canon with the nastier realities of 16th century life is... really something else. (Anyone in other fandoms do something similar? I'm curious.)

That said, I'm going to use my better judgement by not linking my Ao3 here because many of my stories involve subject matter too heavy for this site, and I'd like to keep this account.
Expanding on details in canon my beloved!! It's so fun!!

And I too like tossing in certain things to make the world more realistic. I'm writing for pokemon so I like to keep that universe kinder to people and more helpful to people, but I still try and expand on good and bad details!

Like. I'm mapping out and expanding on a subway system. I am a biologist. This is quite tricky lmaooo

I've pored over this one tiny area on maps of the Holy Roman Empire for longer than I care to think. (Internally screaming at those cartographical nightmares.) Most of my longfic takes place near the Black Forest, so I've found excuses to geek out over nature, at least in my drafts.
That impresses me to no end; I am glad, at least, that my fics take place in a fictional location!! Super super cool (also the Black Forest is such a cool location, yesss)
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Reading/writing fanfic is a lot of fun and has been my main (and usually only way) of interacting in fandom. Writing is pretty much the only creative pursuit that I'm somewhat good at and I like that I don't need any special equipment to do it. You can write with/on pretty much anything. And it also allows me to do a fannish thing without needing to be hyper engaged all the time. I'm easily distracted by other things and don't have lot of gas to get into something and keep up with it for long periods of time. I also don't like interacting through social media a lot. Or spending money on merch. I like window shopping for merch but rarely buy anything. So writing/reading fanfic and discussing things in the comments is my only connection to fan stuff.

My most favorite aspect of any given media I get into is always the characters so fanfic is a good outlet for that interest in them. And it's a low stakes way of exploring writing. I feel like original fic can really feel like shouting into the void if you don't already have a decent network of people interested (or know how to find them) but with fanfic there's more or less a built in audience in a way.
Reading/writing fanfic is a lot of fun and has been my main (and usually only way) of interacting in fandom. Writing is pretty much the only creative pursuit that I'm somewhat good at and I like that I don't need any special equipment to do it. You can write with/on pretty much anything. And it also allows me to do a fannish thing without needing to be hyper engaged all the time. I'm easily distracted by other things and don't have lot of gas to get into something and keep up with it for long periods of time. I also don't like interacting through social media a lot. Or spending money on merch. I like window shopping for merch but rarely buy anything. So writing/reading fanfic and discussing things in the comments is my only connection to fan stuff.

My most favorite aspect of any given media I get into is always the characters so fanfic is a good outlet for that interest in them. And it's a low stakes way of exploring writing. I feel like original fic can really feel like shouting into the void if you don't already have a decent network of people interested (or know how to find them) but with fanfic there's more or less a built in audience in a way.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9