Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Fanfic Writing
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Well I'm back from the dead but also still in writing hell (affectionate) And I've written like 70k or so words worth of fanfic since the end of March

Getting back into writing has been SO fun!!

So I wanna chat with other people. Anyone else been writing a lot of fic, and if so, what about? :)

EDIT: oh and I'm on AO3 with the same username. Aside from a bit of language and some blood my works are FR friendly; as of right now though I only write highly specific Pokemon fanfic though XD
Well I'm back from the dead but also still in writing hell (affectionate) And I've written like 70k or so words worth of fanfic since the end of March

Getting back into writing has been SO fun!!

So I wanna chat with other people. Anyone else been writing a lot of fic, and if so, what about? :)

EDIT: oh and I'm on AO3 with the same username. Aside from a bit of language and some blood my works are FR friendly; as of right now though I only write highly specific Pokemon fanfic though XD
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
You caught me at the right time. I was writing the beginning of the third chapter of a fanfic, but then decided to check in on this forum, as I frequently do.

I'm a long-time reader of fics, but have gotten properly into writing only recently.

Here's a link to my AO3. Only two fics on there at the time of writing. One is a short story collection about Monster Hunter monsters, the other is a Splatoon story about Little Buddy telling how he ended up in inkling society.
Both are xenofictional, because I found my weird little niche I'm comfortable writing and want to share the joy of being a little less human sometimes with others.

Side note: I write in English, but am not a native speaker. Google docs catches most of the errors I make (although it also thinks sometimes me using British spelling is an error. It is not. First kind of English I learned, and I'm trying to stick with it), but there still might be stuff slipping through the cracks. If anyone's reading my fics, please inform me if you come across any issues.

And everyone reading this, I wish you the greatest ideas and the best of wordings. My you be free of writers' block and distractions.
You caught me at the right time. I was writing the beginning of the third chapter of a fanfic, but then decided to check in on this forum, as I frequently do.

I'm a long-time reader of fics, but have gotten properly into writing only recently.

Here's a link to my AO3. Only two fics on there at the time of writing. One is a short story collection about Monster Hunter monsters, the other is a Splatoon story about Little Buddy telling how he ended up in inkling society.
Both are xenofictional, because I found my weird little niche I'm comfortable writing and want to share the joy of being a little less human sometimes with others.

Side note: I write in English, but am not a native speaker. Google docs catches most of the errors I make (although it also thinks sometimes me using British spelling is an error. It is not. First kind of English I learned, and I'm trying to stick with it), but there still might be stuff slipping through the cracks. If anyone's reading my fics, please inform me if you come across any issues.

And everyone reading this, I wish you the greatest ideas and the best of wordings. My you be free of writers' block and distractions.
[quote name="@Xionahri" date="2022-11-22 19:01:38" ] You caught me at the right time. I was writing the beginning of the third chapter of a fanfic, but then decided to check in on this forum, as I frequently do. I'm a long-time reader of fics, but have gotten properly into writing only recently. Here's a link to my AO3. Only two fics on there at the time of writing. One is a short story collection about Monster Hunter monsters, the other is a Splatoon story about Little Buddy telling how he ended up in inkling society. Both are xenofictional, because I found my weird little niche I'm comfortable writing and want to share the joy of being a little less human sometimes with others. Side note: I write in English, but am not a native speaker. Google docs catches most of the errors I make (although it also thinks sometimes me using British spelling is an error. It is not. First kind of English I learned, and I'm trying to stick with it), but there still might be stuff slipping through the cracks. If anyone's reading my fics, please inform me if you come across any issues. And everyone reading this, I wish you the greatest ideas and the best of wordings. My you be free of writers' block and distractions. [/quote] Oooh nice! I'm currently trying to wrangle my first multichapter fic in A WHILE... I keep writing scenes out of order because I normally write non-chronological oneshots!! Alas I don't know much of anything about either of those two fandoms, but xenobiology is a passion of mine for sure <3 So glad you're having fun!!
@Xionahri wrote on 2022-11-22 19:01:38:

Oooh nice! I'm currently trying to wrangle my first multichapter fic in A WHILE... I keep writing scenes out of order because I normally write non-chronological oneshots!!

Alas I don't know much of anything about either of those two fandoms, but xenobiology is a passion of mine for sure <3 So glad you're having fun!!
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png

Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
@Xionahri
There's a way to set your locale to British English! When you click on the word, it should show thus big box that I skimmed once and never thought about again. There's a smaller rectangle at the bottom that says something to the effect of "Change locale to British English." Click it. Problems solved.
I'm not sure if it pops up for you, but it does for me.

As for fanfiction, my stories tend to be short. I think about 89% have graphic violence/strong language that should get me banned SO FAST from FR. I have fun when writers block let's me that is, though, and that's what counts! :3
@Xionahri
There's a way to set your locale to British English! When you click on the word, it should show thus big box that I skimmed once and never thought about again. There's a smaller rectangle at the bottom that says something to the effect of "Change locale to British English." Click it. Problems solved.
I'm not sure if it pops up for you, but it does for me.

As for fanfiction, my stories tend to be short. I think about 89% have graphic violence/strong language that should get me banned SO FAST from FR. I have fun when writers block let's me that is, though, and that's what counts! :3
wcadopt-voiken1.png ZTsKQhL.png wcadopt-voiken2.png
Ping me if you want my attention.
I've been pushing a lot of fics and blurbs out on my tumblr and some on my AO3. I currently write about the band Ghost and some of the fics/blurbs I can mention and some I cannot (for obvious reasons).

My fics/blurbs tend to vary in length and feature different parts of Ghost (ghoul x ghoul, ghoul x reader, ghoul x reader x ghoul, etc etc). I actually did my own October writing challenge called "Five Days of Ghouls" which was based on the five current Ghouls: Dewdrop, Mountain, Rain, Swiss, and Aether. I've also started a bagillion other Ghost fics that I hope I can finish once I get out of this burnout I've put myself in from working too hard outside the screen.

Writing is a big passion of mine and also a great coping skill I have so my Tumblr has seen it's fair share of fluff and deep angst. Everyone always seems to like it regardless, even some of the headcanons I've made get gobbled up fast. Wish I had more people interacting with me on Tumblr, though a person can't have everything they want, yea?
I've been pushing a lot of fics and blurbs out on my tumblr and some on my AO3. I currently write about the band Ghost and some of the fics/blurbs I can mention and some I cannot (for obvious reasons).

My fics/blurbs tend to vary in length and feature different parts of Ghost (ghoul x ghoul, ghoul x reader, ghoul x reader x ghoul, etc etc). I actually did my own October writing challenge called "Five Days of Ghouls" which was based on the five current Ghouls: Dewdrop, Mountain, Rain, Swiss, and Aether. I've also started a bagillion other Ghost fics that I hope I can finish once I get out of this burnout I've put myself in from working too hard outside the screen.

Writing is a big passion of mine and also a great coping skill I have so my Tumblr has seen it's fair share of fluff and deep angst. Everyone always seems to like it regardless, even some of the headcanons I've made get gobbled up fast. Wish I had more people interacting with me on Tumblr, though a person can't have everything they want, yea?
______________He/They (Trans flag)
______________J7D1quC.png
______________2VtxnMX.png
______________wLurwzJ.png
______________G8AyR6r.png
66a0d48fcf536becdbf8d9cabe56c515-120x120.jpg FObX7rS.png
gYW0j5f.png
hNpGoBq.png
U9gVboW.png
Al1BEGR.png
Long-time reader of fics; got back into writing them a few years ago. I started with writing one Soul Calibur fic on a whim, which spiraled into a longer story... Now my Google Docs page is filled with Soul Calibur fics. As far as the longfic goes, I'm desperately trying to claw myself out of a rut. I want to write Siegfried becoming a bandit so badly, but I just gotta get there... [emoji=fae laughing size=1] Personally, I like to expand on little details from canon. I feel like I've found my niche in exploring things that (I think) were overlooked. That and trying to square those games' canon with the nastier realities of 16th century life is... really something else. (Anyone in other fandoms do something similar? I'm curious.) That said, I'm going to use my better judgement by [i]not[/i] linking my Ao3 here because many of my stories involve subject matter too heavy for this site, and I'd like to keep this account.
Long-time reader of fics; got back into writing them a few years ago. I started with writing one Soul Calibur fic on a whim, which spiraled into a longer story... Now my Google Docs page is filled with Soul Calibur fics. As far as the longfic goes, I'm desperately trying to claw myself out of a rut. I want to write Siegfried becoming a bandit so badly, but I just gotta get there...

Personally, I like to expand on little details from canon. I feel like I've found my niche in exploring things that (I think) were overlooked. That and trying to square those games' canon with the nastier realities of 16th century life is... really something else. (Anyone in other fandoms do something similar? I'm curious.)

That said, I'm going to use my better judgement by not linking my Ao3 here because many of my stories involve subject matter too heavy for this site, and I'd like to keep this account.
No tone tags, please. Just say what you mean. Will not read carrds.
YUzmw5z.png9Wis07O.pngYMPbu9R.png
[quote name="@LaikaFlash" date="2022-11-22 21:04:59" ] Long-time reader of fics; got back into writing them a few years ago. I started with writing one Soul Calibur fic on a whim, which spiraled into a longer story... Now my Google Docs page is filled with Soul Calibur fics. As far as the longfic goes, I'm desperately trying to claw myself out of a rut. I want to write Siegfried becoming a bandit so badly, but I just gotta get there... [emoji=fae laughing size=1] Personally, I like to expand on little details from canon. I feel like I've found my niche in exploring things that (I think) were overlooked. That and trying to square those games' canon with the nastier realities of 16th century life is... really something else. (Anyone in other fandoms do something similar? I'm curious.) That said, I'm going to use my better judgement by [i]not[/i] linking my Ao3 here because many of my stories involve subject matter too heavy for this site, and I'd like to keep this account. [/quote] Expanding on details in canon my beloved!! It's so fun!! And I too like tossing in certain things to make the world more realistic. I'm writing for pokemon so I like to keep that universe kinder to people and more helpful to people, but I still try and expand on good and bad details! Like. I'm mapping out and expanding on a subway system. I am a biologist. This is quite tricky lmaooo
@LaikaFlash wrote on 2022-11-22 21:04:59:
Long-time reader of fics; got back into writing them a few years ago. I started with writing one Soul Calibur fic on a whim, which spiraled into a longer story... Now my Google Docs page is filled with Soul Calibur fics. As far as the longfic goes, I'm desperately trying to claw myself out of a rut. I want to write Siegfried becoming a bandit so badly, but I just gotta get there...

Personally, I like to expand on little details from canon. I feel like I've found my niche in exploring things that (I think) were overlooked. That and trying to square those games' canon with the nastier realities of 16th century life is... really something else. (Anyone in other fandoms do something similar? I'm curious.)

That said, I'm going to use my better judgement by not linking my Ao3 here because many of my stories involve subject matter too heavy for this site, and I'd like to keep this account.
Expanding on details in canon my beloved!! It's so fun!!

And I too like tossing in certain things to make the world more realistic. I'm writing for pokemon so I like to keep that universe kinder to people and more helpful to people, but I still try and expand on good and bad details!

Like. I'm mapping out and expanding on a subway system. I am a biologist. This is quite tricky lmaooo
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png

Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
did someone say fanfics???

if I hadn't volunteered to write a script for my theater club this week, I'd be all over this! I'm working on a major Kingdom Hearts AU and I think I'm finally ready to start writing the first arc, but script goes first. that said, the script is an adaptation of a classic story, so technically that's also a fanfic?

remind me to hop back in here after work bc I've been wanting to ramble about fanfics all week
did someone say fanfics???

if I hadn't volunteered to write a script for my theater club this week, I'd be all over this! I'm working on a major Kingdom Hearts AU and I think I'm finally ready to start writing the first arc, but script goes first. that said, the script is an adaptation of a classic story, so technically that's also a fanfic?

remind me to hop back in here after work bc I've been wanting to ramble about fanfics all week
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
Howdy! I write Pokemon fanfic, anime canon mostly. (I have a gameverse Red/Blue fic in the works though.) I generally like writing things that are very tender and very queer, and I write a lot of sickfic and rarepairs.

I've got a multichapter in progress, but I mostly write oneshots. Short and sweet is what I do best!
Howdy! I write Pokemon fanfic, anime canon mostly. (I have a gameverse Red/Blue fic in the works though.) I generally like writing things that are very tender and very queer, and I write a lot of sickfic and rarepairs.

I've got a multichapter in progress, but I mostly write oneshots. Short and sweet is what I do best!
"Luvdisc's heart-shaped body is a symbol of love and romance. It is said that any couple meeting this Pokémon is promised a loving relationship that never ends."
he/they | early 20s | writer, country boy, Big Nerd
@ImpossibleJedi4

Good luck with your wrangling. And yay, another person who likes xenobiology. I feel like the Monster Hunter fic might still be accessable to you if you're interested, because it's written like a nature documentary. But then I'd still recommend having the Moster Hunter wiki open, to at least know what the animals mentioned look like.

@Cindertail

Thank you, found it! ...On the desktop version of Google docs. I primarily write on my phone while chilling in bed. Let's hope it synchronises the language setting.
@ImpossibleJedi4

Good luck with your wrangling. And yay, another person who likes xenobiology. I feel like the Monster Hunter fic might still be accessable to you if you're interested, because it's written like a nature documentary. But then I'd still recommend having the Moster Hunter wiki open, to at least know what the animals mentioned look like.

@Cindertail

Thank you, found it! ...On the desktop version of Google docs. I primarily write on my phone while chilling in bed. Let's hope it synchronises the language setting.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9