Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Rising Scales: A FRxWoW Community!
1 2 3 4
[center][font=Candara][size=7]Rising Scales[/size][/font] [font=Candara][size=5][emoji=left wing size=1] A Flight Rising x World of Warcraft Community [emoji=right wing size=1][/size][/font][/center] [center][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/166772320667435008/1031035019864592465/1059098.jpg[/img][/center] [font=Candara][size=4]Wandering explorers! Courageous adventurers! Wanderers of all shapes and sizes! Welcome to Rising Scales, a World of Warcraft community for Flight Rising players (and friends)! The focus of this group is simple: having fun, having fellow FR- or WoW-enjoying players to chatter with, and even potentially making some new friends and memories. With the new expansion Dragonflight just on the horizon, what better time than now to bring the worlds of Sornieth and Azeroth together?[/size][/font] [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/9f957b389ffe8187051090ece6eb2392/tumblr_inline_o23jh35HPw1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] [font=Candara][size=4]Current features of the community include:[/size][/font] [indent][font=Candara][size=4][emoji=red gem size=1] An in-game cross-faction World of Warcraft community, allowing you to add any character to the community regardless of faction or realm! [emoji=yellow gem size=1] A Discord server with channels to encourage players to share content and interact with each other! [emoji=red gem size=1] Planned holiday events with activities that utilize tools in both Flight Rising and World of Warcraft! [emoji=yellow gem size=1] [b]The potential for so much more...![/b][/size][/font][/indent]
Rising Scales
A Flight Rising x World of Warcraft Community
1059098.jpg

Wandering explorers! Courageous adventurers! Wanderers of all shapes and sizes! Welcome to Rising Scales, a World of Warcraft community for Flight Rising players (and friends)!

The focus of this group is simple: having fun, having fellow FR- or WoW-enjoying players to chatter with, and even potentially making some new friends and memories.

With the new expansion Dragonflight just on the horizon, what better time than now to bring the worlds of Sornieth and Azeroth together?

tumblr_inline_o23jh35HPw1r3lvtf_500.png
Current features of the community include:

An in-game cross-faction World of Warcraft community, allowing you to add any character to the community regardless of faction or realm!

A Discord server with channels to encourage players to share content and interact with each other!

Planned holiday events with activities that utilize tools in both Flight Rising and World of Warcraft!

The potential for so much more...!
My Wishlist
Check out my big Cloud Serpent Fandragon project!
[S/T] Apparel Cleanout!
[font=Candara][size=4]A few things about this community:[/size][/font][indent] [font=Candara][size=4][emoji=red gem size=1] Players are not required to play both Flight Rising AND World of Warcraft. Even if you only play one or the other you are free to join the community! Who knows; maybe you'll find that you like World of Warcraft [emoji=spiral winking size=1] [emoji=yellow gem size=1]Players of all ages and experience are welcome! We hope to have a community that you can reach out to for help and advice, and that can come to your aid when needed. Even if you just signed up for Flight Rising today or you're still playing the starter edition of World of Warcraft, you're still more than welcome to join the community! [emoji=red gem size=1] In terms of WoW gameplay, the community has no main focus. This is because we don't want to come off strictly as a roleplay or raiding community; this is just a fun group to get together with and maybe find new friends to bring along to such activities! [emoji=yellow gem size=1] We'd like to encourage inclusion and interaction among the players. Inviting each other to run old raids, asking for advice on how to dress or gene a dragon, anything of the sort! We want this community to remain positive and inviting for everyone. [emoji=red gem size=1] We're always open for some suggestions! This is my first time trying to run something of this scale, and I (@Sinjo) promise to do my best to upkeep the community and make it an enjoyable space for everyone![/size][/font]
A few things about this community:

Players are not required to play both Flight Rising AND World of Warcraft. Even if you only play one or the other you are free to join the community! Who knows; maybe you'll find that you like World of Warcraft

Players of all ages and experience are welcome! We hope to have a community that you can reach out to for help and advice, and that can come to your aid when needed. Even if you just signed up for Flight Rising today or you're still playing the starter edition of World of Warcraft, you're still more than welcome to join the community!

In terms of WoW gameplay, the community has no main focus. This is because we don't want to come off strictly as a roleplay or raiding community; this is just a fun group to get together with and maybe find new friends to bring along to such activities!

We'd like to encourage inclusion and interaction among the players. Inviting each other to run old raids, asking for advice on how to dress or gene a dragon, anything of the sort! We want this community to remain positive and inviting for everyone.

We're always open for some suggestions! This is my first time trying to run something of this scale, and I (@Sinjo) promise to do my best to upkeep the community and make it an enjoyable space for everyone!
My Wishlist
[S/T] Apparel Cleanout!
[font=Candara][size=4]Now maybe you've stumbled across this thread in passing. Perhaps Rising Scales has caught your interest? But now you're left wondering...[/size][/font] [center][font=Candara][size=6]"What even [i]is[/i] World of Warcraft?"[/size][/font][/center] [center][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/166772320667435008/1031051687194017792/Dragonflight_logo.png[/img][/center] [font=Candara][size=4]World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that has been around for nearly 2 decades. From faction wars to old gods to demons, the brave adventurers of Azeroth (that's you!) have fought many foes to protect their home and their people. They've traveled across various continents, planets, realms and even alternate timelines! Currently, we are nearing the beginning of the newest expansion: Dragonflight. The various dragons of Azeroth are returning to their ancestral home to defend it. Azeroth's heroes are tasked with exploring these newly revealed lands and possibly discovering long-forgotten secrets. Who knows what lies in store... There's plenty of races and classes to chose from, all with different backgrounds and playstyles. You're sure to find something that clicks for you![/size][/font]
Now maybe you've stumbled across this thread in passing. Perhaps Rising Scales has caught your interest? But now you're left wondering...
"What even is World of Warcraft?"
Dragonflight_logo.png

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that has been around for nearly 2 decades. From faction wars to old gods to demons, the brave adventurers of Azeroth (that's you!) have fought many foes to protect their home and their people. They've traveled across various continents, planets, realms and even alternate timelines!

Currently, we are nearing the beginning of the newest expansion: Dragonflight. The various dragons of Azeroth are returning to their ancestral home to defend it. Azeroth's heroes are tasked with exploring these newly revealed lands and possibly discovering long-forgotten secrets. Who knows what lies in store...

There's plenty of races and classes to chose from, all with different backgrounds and playstyles. You're sure to find something that clicks for you!
My Wishlist
[S/T] Apparel Cleanout!
[center][font=Candara][size=5][emoji=left wing size=1] Join the Rising Scales community today! [emoji=right wing size=1][/size][/font][/center] [columns][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/166772320667435008/1031071362955096124/discord-icon-flat-style-available-svg-png-eps-10.png[/img][nextcol][font=Candara][size=6]Ping @Sinjo for an invite to the Discord![/columns] [columns][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/166772320667435008/1031072252264988703/1200px-WoW_icon.svg.png[/img][nextcol] [font=Candara][size=6]Search for the Rising Scales community in WoW![/columns]
Join the Rising Scales community today!
discord-icon-flat-style-available-svg-png-eps-10.png Ping @Sinjo for an invite to the Discord!
1200px-WoW_icon.svg.png Search for the Rising Scales community in WoW!
My Wishlist
[S/T] Apparel Cleanout!
[center]Alright, I think everything is set up, and I'm about as ready as I can be. That being said... [size=5][emoji=left wing size=1] [b]Welcome to the Rising Scales community![/b] [emoji=right wing size=1][/size] [img]https://media.tenor.com/IzFKeB6KjQgAAAAC/dragonflight-alextrasza.gif[/img][/center] [center]Feel free to post here and, if you're interested, ask for a Discord invite! I'm very new to the whole group lead thing, so please bear with me through this adventure! [emoji=imperial happy size=1] The community has been listed in World of Warcraft, just search for Rising Scales in the guild and community finder! [b]Edit:[/b] [s]Apparently it's not showing in the "Find a Community" tab, I'm hoping it's just a waiting game thing and the listing will appear tomorrow.[/s] In the meantime, feel free to post here or message me with your character name + realm (ex. Sinjoshao-Moonguard) if you'd like your character(s) in the in-game community! [b]Edit Again:[/b] You specifically have to check off "Cross-Faction" under the Filters for it to show up! Learn something new every day I guess lol [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/166772320667435008/1031595766923411506/unknown.png[/img] [emoji=red gem size=1] I hope to see y'all on Azeroth and beyond! [emoji=yellow gem size=1][/center]
Alright, I think everything is set up, and I'm about as ready as I can be. That being said...

Welcome to the Rising Scales community!

dragonflight-alextrasza.gif
Feel free to post here and, if you're interested, ask for a Discord invite! I'm very new to the whole group lead thing, so please bear with me through this adventure! The community has been listed in World of Warcraft, just search for Rising Scales in the guild and community finder!

Edit: Apparently it's not showing in the "Find a Community" tab, I'm hoping it's just a waiting game thing and the listing will appear tomorrow. In the meantime, feel free to post here or message me with your character name + realm (ex. Sinjoshao-Moonguard) if you'd like your character(s) in the in-game community!

Edit Again: You specifically have to check off "Cross-Faction" under the Filters for it to show up! Learn something new every day I guess lol

unknown.png

I hope to see y'all on Azeroth and beyond!
My Wishlist
[S/T] Apparel Cleanout!
I'd love an invite to the Disc!
I'd love an invite to the Disc!
Fe3ZyPs.gif
[center][emoji=left wing size=1] [emoji=right wing size=1][/center]
My Wishlist
[S/T] Apparel Cleanout!
@Sinjo Hello! Please do not bump threads outside of the exempt sales forums. It is against forum rules. Thank you!
@Sinjo Hello! Please do not bump threads outside of the exempt sales forums. It is against forum rules. Thank you!
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
[center][emoji=left wing size=1][size=5] Community Event: Dragonflight Launch [/size][emoji=right wing size=1][/center] Have you heard? Pre-patch is coming soon, and the new expansion only a month later! We'll have so many dragons around, we just won't know what do do with them! To celebrate and perhaps hype ourselves up a bit, the community is holding its first event! Six activities have been added to the Discord, some dealing with Flight Rising and some dealing with World of Warcraft. Activities include some minor character building, dragon scrying/dressup, and discussion on the returning talent trees. We hope to see you there, and that you enjoy the activities!
Community Event: Dragonflight Launch

Have you heard? Pre-patch is coming soon, and the new expansion only a month later! We'll have so many dragons around, we just won't know what do do with them!

To celebrate and perhaps hype ourselves up a bit, the community is holding its first event! Six activities have been added to the Discord, some dealing with Flight Rising and some dealing with World of Warcraft. Activities include some minor character building, dragon scrying/dressup, and discussion on the returning talent trees.

We hope to see you there, and that you enjoy the activities!
My Wishlist
[S/T] Apparel Cleanout!
oooo yes I'd like an invite to the discord [emoji=normal eyes size=1] @Sinjo
oooo yes I'd like an invite to the discord @Sinjo
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
1 2 3 4