Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [Hub] Splatoon
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 201 202
[center][item=Brilliant Bobtail Squid][b][u][size=7][color=orange]Spla[/color][color=blue]toon[/color][/size][/u][/b][item=Stubby Squid][/center] [center][size=6][b][u][color=orange]Hu[/color][color=blue]b[/color][/u][/b][/size][/center] Welcome to this little hub where you can discuss everything Splatoon! Be it about the the games and their lore, the manga, the music, or even fanworks, anything goes. If you want to talk about spoilers, please make sure to tag them properly. Like this: [code][spoiler]TEXT HERE[/spoiler][/code] Want to play with other people from this thread? Join the pool [b]FlightRising[/b]. Anyone reading this is allowed to do so. Just keep in mind that games may or may not be a bit more laggy than usual, since anyone might be from a different region. My Switch friend code is SW-5535-2488-8690. If anyone wants to add me, I'm cool with that. I usually play alone, so there's a good chance you can just drop in when I'm around. I'm on the EU servers. Got anything you want me to add to the first page of the thread? Tell me about it! Have fun, and feel free about pinging me about anything! [img]https://cdn.wikimg.net/en/splatoonwiki/images/7/77/S3_key_art.jpg[/img]
Brilliant Bobtail Squid Splatoon Stubby Squid
Hub

Welcome to this little hub where you can discuss everything Splatoon! Be it about the the games and their lore, the manga, the music, or even fanworks, anything goes.

If you want to talk about spoilers, please make sure to tag them properly. Like this:
Code:
[spoiler]TEXT HERE[/spoiler]

Want to play with other people from this thread? Join the pool FlightRising. Anyone reading this is allowed to do so. Just keep in mind that games may or may not be a bit more laggy than usual, since anyone might be from a different region.

My Switch friend code is SW-5535-2488-8690. If anyone wants to add me, I'm cool with that. I usually play alone, so there's a good chance you can just drop in when I'm around. I'm on the EU servers.

Got anything you want me to add to the first page of the thread? Tell me about it!

Have fun, and feel free about pinging me about anything!

S3_key_art.jpg
[center][item=Brilliant Bobtail Squid][b][u][size=7][color=orange]Ne[/color][color=blue]ws[/color][/size][/u][/b][item=Stubby Squid][/center] [size=5][b]Two new Splatfests, from 11th to 13th of November[/b][/size] In Japan, you need to decide what you call this food. Kaiten-yaki, Oban-yaki, or Imagawa-yaki? [img]https://i.imgur.com/wncK2bW.jpg[/img] For the rest of the world, what is your preffered greeting? Handshake, fistbump, or hug? [img]https://i.imgur.com/KqamFwb.jpg[/img]
Brilliant Bobtail Squid News Stubby Squid

Two new Splatfests, from 11th to 13th of November
In Japan, you need to decide what you call this food. Kaiten-yaki, Oban-yaki, or Imagawa-yaki?
wncK2bW.jpg

For the rest of the world, what is your preffered greeting? Handshake, fistbump, or hug?
KqamFwb.jpg

[center][item=Brilliant Bobtail Squid][b][u][size=7][color=orange]Reso[/color][color=blue]urces[/color][/size][/u][/b][item=Stubby Squid][/center] [url=https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP]Official Japanese Twitter[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/SplatoonNA]Official North American Twitter[/url] [url=https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Main_Page]Wiki[/url] [url=https://discord.gg/nxfBkeukt6]Discord server for this thread[/url] (Thanks to @Seriphynna) [center][b][u][size=6][color=orange]QR-C[/color][color=blue]odes[/color][/size][/u][/b][/center] Scan these with the Nintendo Switch Online mobile app to unlock goodies in Splat3. Banner celebrating the release of Splatoon 3: [img]https://a.thumbs.redditmedia.com/ml1BrBiER8DMIiWDqhrROmY5sT6iUCc1IbjXXliGdi8.jpg[/img] Banner celebrating the 2022 live concert of Deep Cut: [img]https://b.thumbs.redditmedia.com/X8x3V3DktnoFtKJaO35jZnzcUMxmvPrwBuaqLegC8fk.jpg[/img] A meal ticket giving 20 rounds of double cash for all teammates: [img]https://b.thumbs.redditmedia.com/3GeMrPLAzv7yqA1z-Cl4xbKhVlRgRToQ-TFG7PQm04s.jpg[/img] Splatoon Koshien 2023 Banner: [img]https://b.thumbs.redditmedia.com/bVGWLdNpxYnTXzcjutqPKtl5lHy23TV7GpO_WC0Hrdw.jpg[/img] NA Championship 2023 banner: [img]https://i.imgur.com/0obHkws.jpg[/img] Two group cash meal tickets: [img]https://i.imgur.com/4pgvaXE.png[/img]
Brilliant Bobtail Squid Resources Stubby Squid

Official Japanese Twitter
Official North American Twitter

Wiki

Discord server for this thread (Thanks to @Seriphynna)

QR-Codes

Scan these with the Nintendo Switch Online mobile app to unlock goodies in Splat3.

Banner celebrating the release of Splatoon 3:
ml1BrBiER8DMIiWDqhrROmY5sT6iUCc1IbjXXliGdi8.jpg

Banner celebrating the 2022 live concert of Deep Cut:
X8x3V3DktnoFtKJaO35jZnzcUMxmvPrwBuaqLegC8fk.jpg

A meal ticket giving 20 rounds of double cash for all teammates:
3GeMrPLAzv7yqA1z-Cl4xbKhVlRgRToQ-TFG7PQm04s.jpg

Splatoon Koshien 2023 Banner:
bVGWLdNpxYnTXzcjutqPKtl5lHy23TV7GpO_WC0Hrdw.jpg

NA Championship 2023 banner:
0obHkws.jpg

Two group cash meal tickets:
4pgvaXE.png
Aaand it's up. Thank you to @Aterna for letting me steal allowing me to take their idea of making a Splatoon hub.
Aaand it's up. Thank you to @Aterna for letting me steal allowing me to take their idea of making a Splatoon hub.
The Deep Cut concert was SO GOOD, especially the last song. They made one of the biggest bangers in the series EVEN MORE HYPE!
I love this series so much and I'm glad we finally have a hob for it!! I have so many thoughts...
Interesting that they announced a November Splatfest... at the start of October. I get that Scarlet/Violet are releasing mid November but it's still a bit odd. What are we getting for October?
The Deep Cut concert was SO GOOD, especially the last song. They made one of the biggest bangers in the series EVEN MORE HYPE!
I love this series so much and I'm glad we finally have a hob for it!! I have so many thoughts...
Interesting that they announced a November Splatfest... at the start of October. I get that Scarlet/Violet are releasing mid November but it's still a bit odd. What are we getting for October?
zdkBiZa.png
@VigilantEntity

Yeah. Normally during October was a special Splatoween Splatfest, with new halloween-themed gear and all, which would be odd to be left out.
However, there is a theory what is going on and I definitely think it could be true. The first Big Run. After all, what is scarier than a massive salmonid invasion?

So, let's see if they announce something this week. If not, it might be nothing though. But, let's be real, the chance that nothing happens during Halloween month is low. At the very least, we'll get something small.

I haven't listened to the Deep Cut concert in its enirety yet, but well, I'm about to change that now!
@VigilantEntity

Yeah. Normally during October was a special Splatoween Splatfest, with new halloween-themed gear and all, which would be odd to be left out.
However, there is a theory what is going on and I definitely think it could be true. The first Big Run. After all, what is scarier than a massive salmonid invasion?

So, let's see if they announce something this week. If not, it might be nothing though. But, let's be real, the chance that nothing happens during Halloween month is low. At the very least, we'll get something small.

I haven't listened to the Deep Cut concert in its enirety yet, but well, I'm about to change that now!
Yayy it's up! Ty for the ping.

I haven't watched the concert yet, heck didn't even know it was a thing! I absolutely have to watch it now lol

I am hoping we do get a Halloween splatfest. Not sure how'd they split it? Hasn't it always been Trick or Treat?
I guess if they do have an October splatfest it'd have be like Vampires vs Zombies vs Witches maybe.
Yayy it's up! Ty for the ping.

I haven't watched the concert yet, heck didn't even know it was a thing! I absolutely have to watch it now lol

I am hoping we do get a Halloween splatfest. Not sure how'd they split it? Hasn't it always been Trick or Treat?
I guess if they do have an October splatfest it'd have be like Vampires vs Zombies vs Witches maybe.
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
@Aterna

I just looked it up, since I believed there was probably always a Halloween-themed fest in the series. Turns out in the first game there wasn't at all. In the second the first October one was Vampires vs. Werewolves, which arguable fits the theme, but only in North America and Oceania. Japan had Dexterity vs. Endurance. And then there's Europe. Europe had that infamous toilet paper one. Horrifying, but not for the right reason.
(Also, shouldn't there be other parts of the world too? Why does the wiki only list those regions?)
After that, the following two years had been Trick vs. Treat worldwide.

So it could be that they're skipping the usual Splatoween stuff for the first year, but I think it's still slightly too early to say something definite.
And I agree that picking between traditional Haloween monsters would probably be the best way to go. I certainly would find it fun. Lowkey hoping for Big Run though.
@Aterna

I just looked it up, since I believed there was probably always a Halloween-themed fest in the series. Turns out in the first game there wasn't at all. In the second the first October one was Vampires vs. Werewolves, which arguable fits the theme, but only in North America and Oceania. Japan had Dexterity vs. Endurance. And then there's Europe. Europe had that infamous toilet paper one. Horrifying, but not for the right reason.
(Also, shouldn't there be other parts of the world too? Why does the wiki only list those regions?)
After that, the following two years had been Trick vs. Treat worldwide.

So it could be that they're skipping the usual Splatoween stuff for the first year, but I think it's still slightly too early to say something definite.
And I agree that picking between traditional Haloween monsters would probably be the best way to go. I certainly would find it fun. Lowkey hoping for Big Run though.
Big Run would be cool! Though I am not very good at Salmon Run so I will have to play some to get better at it in case you're right.
If you just look up "deep cut concert" on YouTube the first video should be an archive. The last two songs are story mode ones. (And the last song is SO HYPE!!!)
Speaking of story mode, I dislike the overall lack of cohesion it had compared to say Octo Expansion but I loved parts of it - Deep Cut were cool and I would have loved to see O.R.C.A. getting more of a focus. (Spoilers) Mr Grizz was neat but I definitely think Tartar had the better impact/implementation. Would have liked to see more of Octavio's thought process and his journey through Alterna (didn't he fall in too?) and better characterisation for some characters but overall the story wasn't awful. All the music was great, though that's basically a constant with Splatoon.
I really need to play some more Turf War sometime soon because that's genuinely so fun.
Big Run would be cool! Though I am not very good at Salmon Run so I will have to play some to get better at it in case you're right.
If you just look up "deep cut concert" on YouTube the first video should be an archive. The last two songs are story mode ones. (And the last song is SO HYPE!!!)
Speaking of story mode, I dislike the overall lack of cohesion it had compared to say Octo Expansion but I loved parts of it - Deep Cut were cool and I would have loved to see O.R.C.A. getting more of a focus. (Spoilers) Mr Grizz was neat but I definitely think Tartar had the better impact/implementation. Would have liked to see more of Octavio's thought process and his journey through Alterna (didn't he fall in too?) and better characterisation for some characters but overall the story wasn't awful. All the music was great, though that's basically a constant with Splatoon.
I really need to play some more Turf War sometime soon because that's genuinely so fun.
zdkBiZa.png
Ooooh thank you for the QR code post, I got the recent one for the concert but didn't realize there was one celebrating the game release. Sweeeeet.

I would love to have more friends in Splatoon! I usually play alone but would love drop-ins. I'd like to think I'm pretty good with a ~66% win rate but I mostly just care about having fun! I main Dapple Dualies but also use the N-Zap sometimes. I like to play as an aggressive support who sneaks to the enemy's side to plant beacons in discreet spots.

I am just about at the end of story mode too, aaaahhhhh.

My code is SW-8557-7093-3314! I'm in the Americas/Aus/NZ region.
Ooooh thank you for the QR code post, I got the recent one for the concert but didn't realize there was one celebrating the game release. Sweeeeet.

I would love to have more friends in Splatoon! I usually play alone but would love drop-ins. I'd like to think I'm pretty good with a ~66% win rate but I mostly just care about having fun! I main Dapple Dualies but also use the N-Zap sometimes. I like to play as an aggressive support who sneaks to the enemy's side to plant beacons in discreet spots.

I am just about at the end of story mode too, aaaahhhhh.

My code is SW-8557-7093-3314! I'm in the Americas/Aus/NZ region.
eP65k0J.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 201 202