Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | My Subnautica Adventures [pinglist]
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
@Charias @Endee @Avessa @BigSisterMoon @OrdinaryImage @memoirs @InfiniteOblivion @Sashathebrave @Requacy @carpecat

I was exploring the Kelp Forest and I found some weird things.

First of all, I found another fish with green spots. I scanned it, and sure enough, it WAS sick with the same kind of bacteria as I am! Second of all, I explored a cave system and encountered some creepy things. I avoided the carnivorous jellyfish, only to find a room full of exploding fish (those things are HORRIBLE). When I was desperately swimming away, I saw some sort of little flower-creature, and it hypnotized me to death! How do I avoid those in the future? I couldn't escape from it. Also, I apparently "lost some belongings" after dying when that has never happened before. Any reason why? Are there certain items which are lost upon death, or did the creature somehow take them away from me? (I don't think it was anything important, just some common ores I found.)
@Charias @Endee @Avessa @BigSisterMoon @OrdinaryImage @memoirs @InfiniteOblivion @Sashathebrave @Requacy @carpecat

I was exploring the Kelp Forest and I found some weird things.

First of all, I found another fish with green spots. I scanned it, and sure enough, it WAS sick with the same kind of bacteria as I am! Second of all, I explored a cave system and encountered some creepy things. I avoided the carnivorous jellyfish, only to find a room full of exploding fish (those things are HORRIBLE). When I was desperately swimming away, I saw some sort of little flower-creature, and it hypnotized me to death! How do I avoid those in the future? I couldn't escape from it. Also, I apparently "lost some belongings" after dying when that has never happened before. Any reason why? Are there certain items which are lost upon death, or did the creature somehow take them away from me? (I don't think it was anything important, just some common ores I found.)
oJK1fXV.png

I messed around a bit in Creative Mode. Swimming around with a Reaper Leviathan and zero fear was very fun.

I messed around a bit in Creative Mode. Swimming around with a Reaper Leviathan and zero fear was very fun.
oJK1fXV.png

I explored the outside of the Aurora a bit, and then swam out beyond the Crash Zone only to find the edge of the world and a Ghost Leviathan. I tried to scan it, but it ate me before I could :')

Edit: A little meme I thought of.
Me seeing a Stalker: "Aww, a puppy!"
Me seeing a Leviathan: "WOW! What a majestic creature!"
Me seeing a Crashfish: "A TERRIFYING VICIOUS MONSTER!!" *quits the game out of fear*

I explored the outside of the Aurora a bit, and then swam out beyond the Crash Zone only to find the edge of the world and a Ghost Leviathan. I tried to scan it, but it ate me before I could :')

Edit: A little meme I thought of.
Me seeing a Stalker: "Aww, a puppy!"
Me seeing a Leviathan: "WOW! What a majestic creature!"
Me seeing a Crashfish: "A TERRIFYING VICIOUS MONSTER!!" *quits the game out of fear*
oJK1fXV.png
You probably got the PDA about warning the ecological dead zone then, the ghosties are there to keep players from wandering out too far.
You probably got the PDA about warning the ecological dead zone then, the ghosties are there to keep players from wandering out too far.
lSyxazy.png
FMoJ9vk.png
xKIpW2A.png
G8AyR6r.png
@Sashathebrave Yes, I did get the warning.
@Sashathebrave Yes, I did get the warning.
oJK1fXV.png
That meme you wrote is exactly how I was when I first played. Those crashfish gave me the heebie jeebies the first time I played. They still do.
That meme you wrote is exactly how I was when I first played. Those crashfish gave me the heebie jeebies the first time I played. They still do.
lSyxazy.png
FMoJ9vk.png
xKIpW2A.png
G8AyR6r.png
@Sashathebrave Haha, I'm glad someone else feels the same way I do! Something about them is...weird and creepy in a way that nothing else (that I've encountered so far) in the game is. I hate exploring caves because I dread finding them, while I will happily dive into the abyss and risk drowning or being eaten to scan some new creature I saw.

I fear no Leviathan, but that thing...it scares me.
@Sashathebrave Haha, I'm glad someone else feels the same way I do! Something about them is...weird and creepy in a way that nothing else (that I've encountered so far) in the game is. I hate exploring caves because I dread finding them, while I will happily dive into the abyss and risk drowning or being eaten to scan some new creature I saw.

I fear no Leviathan, but that thing...it scares me.
oJK1fXV.png
The Seamoth parts are mainly located in the Grassy Plateaus, which are the red grassy areas you might've seen around your lifepod and somewhat near the Aurora. Also, unfortunately yeah, you can randomly lose some of your items when you die :c Sorry that happened to you!!

You can usually avoid the Crater's Edge next time when you notice the water start to turn very blue. If you turn around quickly enough, you can avoid the ghost leviathans attacking you!
The Seamoth parts are mainly located in the Grassy Plateaus, which are the red grassy areas you might've seen around your lifepod and somewhat near the Aurora. Also, unfortunately yeah, you can randomly lose some of your items when you die :c Sorry that happened to you!!

You can usually avoid the Crater's Edge next time when you notice the water start to turn very blue. If you turn around quickly enough, you can avoid the ghost leviathans attacking you!
7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
@Charias @Endee @Avessa @BigSisterMoon @OrdinaryImage @memoirs (thanks for the help!) @InfiniteOblivion @Sashathebrave @Requacy @carpecat

I have (PDA voice) ACK-wired a Habitat Builder, and have now taken it upon myself to build an Alien Containment Unit. Where can I find the pieces for the blueprint?

Also, I scanned all the Seamoth fragments and will be getting materials for that as well. I now have an upgraded oxygen tank.

Edit: I built a Rebreather and another upgraded oxygen tank, and I'm ready to take on the world!
@Charias @Endee @Avessa @BigSisterMoon @OrdinaryImage @memoirs (thanks for the help!) @InfiniteOblivion @Sashathebrave @Requacy @carpecat

I have (PDA voice) ACK-wired a Habitat Builder, and have now taken it upon myself to build an Alien Containment Unit. Where can I find the pieces for the blueprint?

Also, I scanned all the Seamoth fragments and will be getting materials for that as well. I now have an upgraded oxygen tank.

Edit: I built a Rebreather and another upgraded oxygen tank, and I'm ready to take on the world!
oJK1fXV.png
I haven't posted in this thread yet but I've enjoyed reading your journey so far. I wish I could experience this game for the first time again, but this works too lol.

Imo, your priority right now should be getting your seamoth. It will make exploring that much easier, quicker and fun. To be able to even build an alien containment unit you will need a multi-purpose room first, which can be found on one of the explorable islands.

Tip, if at some point while exploring said islands, you find a sort of tablet looking thing with a weird letter on it on the ground, scan it before you pick it up. Goes for future tablets you find as well. You'll need them later but there's only a few of them, and scanning them makes it so you can craft them if you do need more.

Another tip, if you find yourself with some unwanted reaper leviathan attention, circle-strafe is your friend if you want to get away. Don't try to out-swim them, they're faster in a straight line but their turn-radius isn't as tight as your seamoths and they'll lose interest in you. Works on the ghost leviathans as well.

And speaking of reapers and seamoths, don't park your seamoth out into the open with reapers nearby, because they like to eat it. :')
I haven't posted in this thread yet but I've enjoyed reading your journey so far. I wish I could experience this game for the first time again, but this works too lol.

Imo, your priority right now should be getting your seamoth. It will make exploring that much easier, quicker and fun. To be able to even build an alien containment unit you will need a multi-purpose room first, which can be found on one of the explorable islands.

Tip, if at some point while exploring said islands, you find a sort of tablet looking thing with a weird letter on it on the ground, scan it before you pick it up. Goes for future tablets you find as well. You'll need them later but there's only a few of them, and scanning them makes it so you can craft them if you do need more.

Another tip, if you find yourself with some unwanted reaper leviathan attention, circle-strafe is your friend if you want to get away. Don't try to out-swim them, they're faster in a straight line but their turn-radius isn't as tight as your seamoths and they'll lose interest in you. Works on the ghost leviathans as well.

And speaking of reapers and seamoths, don't park your seamoth out into the open with reapers nearby, because they like to eat it. :')
Hoarding:
Wildwood Owlet 9 hours ahead of FR Sakura Owlet
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18