Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | My Subnautica Adventures [pinglist]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
@Charias @Endee @Avessa @BigSisterMoon (hello!) @OrdinaryImage @memoirs @InfiniteOblivion @Sashathebrave @Requacy @carpecat

I just made so many bottled waters that my fabricator ran out of power. *puts hands on hips proudly*

Anyway, I'm heading to the Mushroom Forest since my PDA said that an Alterra vehicle was there. Problem is, I don't remember exactly where it is. Does anyone know, and is there anything else I should know (dangers, other things to look for, etc.)?
@Charias @Endee @Avessa @BigSisterMoon (hello!) @OrdinaryImage @memoirs @InfiniteOblivion @Sashathebrave @Requacy @carpecat

I just made so many bottled waters that my fabricator ran out of power. *puts hands on hips proudly*

Anyway, I'm heading to the Mushroom Forest since my PDA said that an Alterra vehicle was there. Problem is, I don't remember exactly where it is. Does anyone know, and is there anything else I should know (dangers, other things to look for, etc.)?
oJK1fXV.png
There’s not much danger in the mushroom forest, just some pretty glowy things I won’t spoil. But sometimes something from neighboring biomes will wander in, so be just a tad cautious. The mushroom forest has a ton of fragments to vehicles and the like. The PDA says it detects faint Alterra vehicle signatures, so not one big vehicle, but fragments of smaller ones.
There’s not much danger in the mushroom forest, just some pretty glowy things I won’t spoil. But sometimes something from neighboring biomes will wander in, so be just a tad cautious. The mushroom forest has a ton of fragments to vehicles and the like. The PDA says it detects faint Alterra vehicle signatures, so not one big vehicle, but fragments of smaller ones.
lSyxazy.png
FMoJ9vk.png
xKIpW2A.png
G8AyR6r.png
@DriftingDreams

If you’re okay with slight location spoilers, here’s a map!

If you don’t want to read the map, there’s two Mushroom Forests, one near the crash zone and one near the dunes, opposite of the Blood Kelp Trench. My memory’s a little fuzzy and I’m not the best at words, but I hope it helps!
@DriftingDreams

If you’re okay with slight location spoilers, here’s a map!

If you don’t want to read the map, there’s two Mushroom Forests, one near the crash zone and one near the dunes, opposite of the Blood Kelp Trench. My memory’s a little fuzzy and I’m not the best at words, but I hope it helps!
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
@Charias @Endee @Avessa @BigSisterMoon @OrdinaryImage @memoirs @InfiniteOblivion @Sashathebrave (thanks for the help!) @Requacy (thanks for the help!) @carpecat

I just accidentally ran across the blood kelp zone again (is that the same thing as the blood kelp trench)? I'll keep your advice in mind, Requacy! Okay, I'm off to the mushroom forest again.
@Charias @Endee @Avessa @BigSisterMoon @OrdinaryImage @memoirs @InfiniteOblivion @Sashathebrave (thanks for the help!) @Requacy (thanks for the help!) @carpecat

I just accidentally ran across the blood kelp zone again (is that the same thing as the blood kelp trench)? I'll keep your advice in mind, Requacy! Okay, I'm off to the mushroom forest again.
oJK1fXV.png
@DriftingDreams

Good luck!

They’re slightly different! The Northern Blood Kelp Zone (whole area, not a trench) is up north of the Trench and is somewhat more dangerous, due to the extra presence of Ghost Leviathans and Crabsquids.[/i]
@DriftingDreams

Good luck!

They’re slightly different! The Northern Blood Kelp Zone (whole area, not a trench) is up north of the Trench and is somewhat more dangerous, due to the extra presence of Ghost Leviathans and Crabsquids.[/i]
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
@Charias @Endee @Avessa @BigSisterMoon @OrdinaryImage @memoirs @InfiniteOblivion @Sashathebrave @Requacy (thanks for the help!) @carpecat

I have found the Mushroom Forest again! It's night, so I'll be staying there until day so I can start investigating when it's light out (because I can't see a thing at the moment).

Edit: Also, the blood kelp area I ran across is the trench, as I just discovered from the map.
@Charias @Endee @Avessa @BigSisterMoon @OrdinaryImage @memoirs @InfiniteOblivion @Sashathebrave @Requacy (thanks for the help!) @carpecat

I have found the Mushroom Forest again! It's night, so I'll be staying there until day so I can start investigating when it's light out (because I can't see a thing at the moment).

Edit: Also, the blood kelp area I ran across is the trench, as I just discovered from the map.
oJK1fXV.png
@Charias @Endee @Avessa @BigSisterMoon @OrdinaryImage @memoirs @InfiniteOblivion @Sashathebrave @Requacy @carpecat

I died from lack of oxygen while attempting to scan a pretty creature in the Mushroom Forest. It's really deep there. Got any tips about where I can find things to help me increase my oxygen threshold?
@Charias @Endee @Avessa @BigSisterMoon @OrdinaryImage @memoirs @InfiniteOblivion @Sashathebrave @Requacy @carpecat

I died from lack of oxygen while attempting to scan a pretty creature in the Mushroom Forest. It's really deep there. Got any tips about where I can find things to help me increase my oxygen threshold?
oJK1fXV.png
I suggest poking about the Grassy Plateaus (red grass biome) and the floor of the nearby Kelp Forests. I won't give away too much unless you ask for more specifics, but you can find things that help you go deeper!

Also, I will ask if you have:

-the High Capacity O2 Tank (can be built at the fabricator using a Standard O2 Tank)
-the Rebreather (blueprint unlocked after building the former)

The maximum amount of oxygen you can have is 225 units. Getting a vehicle will really help! Basically just keep poking around in the biomes closest to you at the sea floor, and be extra mindful of your oxygen. I usually swim to the surface when I start pushing past 30 oxygen.
I suggest poking about the Grassy Plateaus (red grass biome) and the floor of the nearby Kelp Forests. I won't give away too much unless you ask for more specifics, but you can find things that help you go deeper!

Also, I will ask if you have:

-the High Capacity O2 Tank (can be built at the fabricator using a Standard O2 Tank)
-the Rebreather (blueprint unlocked after building the former)

The maximum amount of oxygen you can have is 225 units. Getting a vehicle will really help! Basically just keep poking around in the biomes closest to you at the sea floor, and be extra mindful of your oxygen. I usually swim to the surface when I start pushing past 30 oxygen.
7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
@Charias @Endee @Avessa @BigSisterMoon @OrdinaryImage @memoirs (thanks for the help!) @InfiniteOblivion @Sashathebrave @Requacy @carpecat

I now have the first level of oxygen tank, and I'm exploring the mushroom forest. I finally scanned the pretty creature, which is called a jellyray. I also have flippers now. The upgrades are really helping! I'll get more as soon as I can.
@Charias @Endee @Avessa @BigSisterMoon @OrdinaryImage @memoirs (thanks for the help!) @InfiniteOblivion @Sashathebrave @Requacy @carpecat

I now have the first level of oxygen tank, and I'm exploring the mushroom forest. I finally scanned the pretty creature, which is called a jellyray. I also have flippers now. The upgrades are really helping! I'll get more as soon as I can.
oJK1fXV.png
I love jellyrays! Definitely my favorite creatures. You're doing awesome, I'm happy to help!

Ooh, and here's a little-known secret that may or may not help you. You go a little bit slower if you have a lot of things on you. But if you build multiple tanks, you can keep them in your inventory and actually change tanks to replenish your oxygen. It's a bit of a tradeoff because carrying multiple tanks slows you down (I'm not sure by how much honestly), but yeah! It's a neat Subnautica life hack that I almost forgot.

Edit: Note that you do have the build the tanks in an oxygenated environment like your lifepod, and the tanks only refill when you wear them in an oxygenated environment or go up for air while wearing them.
I love jellyrays! Definitely my favorite creatures. You're doing awesome, I'm happy to help!

Ooh, and here's a little-known secret that may or may not help you. You go a little bit slower if you have a lot of things on you. But if you build multiple tanks, you can keep them in your inventory and actually change tanks to replenish your oxygen. It's a bit of a tradeoff because carrying multiple tanks slows you down (I'm not sure by how much honestly), but yeah! It's a neat Subnautica life hack that I almost forgot.

Edit: Note that you do have the build the tanks in an oxygenated environment like your lifepod, and the tanks only refill when you wear them in an oxygenated environment or go up for air while wearing them.
7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18