Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Current Book Obsessions
1 2
Omg I love The Locked Tomb, waiting for Nona is *killing me*. I just finished The Priory of the Orange Tree and I am obsessed! Like already thinking about a re-read obsessed, it was so good. If you like fantasy and dragons (you're on flight rising so I sure hope you do) you will love it! I'm thinking about pilfering some of the story for my own lore lol Somewhat related: I have a Harrow fandragon :) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74854965][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/748550/74854965_350.png[/img][/url]
Omg I love The Locked Tomb, waiting for Nona is *killing me*.

I just finished The Priory of the Orange Tree and I am obsessed! Like already thinking about a re-read obsessed, it was so good. If you like fantasy and dragons (you're on flight rising so I sure hope you do) you will love it! I'm thinking about pilfering some of the story for my own lore lol

Somewhat related: I have a Harrow fandragon :)
74854965_350.png
Kedr | Adult | Working on tlt fandragons |fr+0
v5w0f9x.png
@Apollumist Priory of the Orange Tree was the first book I finished this year! I still find myself thinking about it and agree on the obsessed train and wanting to re-read it!!

I am also in LOVE your fan-dragon, a perfect rep for Harrow!
@Apollumist Priory of the Orange Tree was the first book I finished this year! I still find myself thinking about it and agree on the obsessed train and wanting to re-read it!!

I am also in LOVE your fan-dragon, a perfect rep for Harrow!
8DQjzsH.jpg
she/her
FR +2
friendly neighborhood gremlin
Lore shop
I'm obsessed with the Mysterious Benedict Society books. I'm not entirely sure why.
Maybe it's because I was a fan of A Series of Unfortunate Events for a while, since it definitely gives me those vibes.
I'm obsessed with the Mysterious Benedict Society books. I'm not entirely sure why.
Maybe it's because I was a fan of A Series of Unfortunate Events for a while, since it definitely gives me those vibes.
23998.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifDrako
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifShe/Her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif+4 FR
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifDragon Fan

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifPFP Dragon
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifSkins/Accents
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifHatchery
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifWishlist
7PxzYVb.png YzDUQXb.png vonVRKR.png
I'm deep into my War and Peace read-through thanks to the interest from a few of my friends who are also reading War and Peace. But I've also got House of Leaves on my to-do list, on recommendation from my s/o.
I'm deep into my War and Peace read-through thanks to the interest from a few of my friends who are also reading War and Peace. But I've also got House of Leaves on my to-do list, on recommendation from my s/o.
Jd88XNq.png
ePOliyb.png
woVoZAh.png
mjtJ868.png
mlHpBMC.png
Cfe83W9.png Vrxmnqk.gif If you see an unleveled dragon in my hibden, feel free to make an offer! If you need help with hibden farming or looking for resources, shoot me a PM! I'm always happy to help!
i’m on the last book of The Raven Cycle series and i don’t want it to end ;~;
i’m on the last book of The Raven Cycle series and i don’t want it to end ;~;
I read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey for my American Literature class recently and enjoyed it a lot - it might be my favorite book I've ever had to read for school.

The other day, I also picked up Animal Farm by George Orwell at a book store and found that I enjoyed it quite a lot as well. I'm considering reading 1984 by the same author at some point soon, too; I never got to read either book in school and I thought they seemed interesting.
I read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey for my American Literature class recently and enjoyed it a lot - it might be my favorite book I've ever had to read for school.

The other day, I also picked up Animal Farm by George Orwell at a book store and found that I enjoyed it quite a lot as well. I'm considering reading 1984 by the same author at some point soon, too; I never got to read either book in school and I thought they seemed interesting.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
I read only one book this year and I'm in a huge reading slump... So seeing all of you gush about books is really nice, and is pushing me to try and finally pick up some of these! I have Gideon the Ninth and Priory so maybe now's finally the time!
I read only one book this year and I'm in a huge reading slump... So seeing all of you gush about books is really nice, and is pushing me to try and finally pick up some of these! I have Gideon the Ninth and Priory so maybe now's finally the time!
Will open an adopt and skin & accent shop at some point... soon.
I recently read "Cinderella is Dead" and it was such a great feminist and LGBT+ book!
I recently read "Cinderella is Dead" and it was such a great feminist and LGBT+ book!
NFJCNCS.gif UBaiWUV.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
YMPbu9R.png
BY1bl09.png ZFAfDzf.png eVSz2yG.png
I recently read Forest Born by Shannon Hale and I wouldn't say I'm obsessed, but it is such a good book. I can't stop recommending it. It's so well written. The characters are well-rounded, the foreshadowing is good, the protagonist's internal conflict is great. The antagonist mirrors her really nicely, it's got so many good twists (like, I usually ramble about books, spoilers included, but this is the kind of book best unspoiled), and the good guys win in the end. Which, personally, I like much better than leaving the villain a looming threat. It has a happy and satisfying ending.

Anyway go read it please it's so worth it

also @apexpredator I adored trc too! That was definitely something I kept pestering people to read. I love the writing style. It's just the right flavor of comedy and the characters' teenager-ness felt genuine. I read them all from my local library but then went and bought a copy of the first one. I would've bought the rest of the series but the book store was out of stock lol. I could gush extensively but,,, not right now.
I recently read Forest Born by Shannon Hale and I wouldn't say I'm obsessed, but it is such a good book. I can't stop recommending it. It's so well written. The characters are well-rounded, the foreshadowing is good, the protagonist's internal conflict is great. The antagonist mirrors her really nicely, it's got so many good twists (like, I usually ramble about books, spoilers included, but this is the kind of book best unspoiled), and the good guys win in the end. Which, personally, I like much better than leaving the villain a looming threat. It has a happy and satisfying ending.

Anyway go read it please it's so worth it

also @apexpredator I adored trc too! That was definitely something I kept pestering people to read. I love the writing style. It's just the right flavor of comedy and the characters' teenager-ness felt genuine. I read them all from my local library but then went and bought a copy of the first one. I would've bought the rest of the series but the book store was out of stock lol. I could gush extensively but,,, not right now.
chrysanthe-sig-left.pngart shop (link)art thread (link)
I'm working through the Space Trilogy by C. S. Lewis currently. I've read the first one, Out of the Silent Planet, multiple times before but it brings me closer to tears each time I read it. I'm just now reading through the second book, Perelandra, for the first time and so far there is a friendly dragon the size of a large dog who the protagonist sort of accidentally acquired as a pet, so that is wonderful. So far both books have had a lot of the elements/themes of Romanticism (i.e. innocence of nature vs. fallenness of man) for those who are interested in that sort of thing, as I am.
I'm working through the Space Trilogy by C. S. Lewis currently. I've read the first one, Out of the Silent Planet, multiple times before but it brings me closer to tears each time I read it. I'm just now reading through the second book, Perelandra, for the first time and so far there is a friendly dragon the size of a large dog who the protagonist sort of accidentally acquired as a pet, so that is wonderful. So far both books have had a lot of the elements/themes of Romanticism (i.e. innocence of nature vs. fallenness of man) for those who are interested in that sort of thing, as I am.
194.png AFSnGTd.png 193.png Call me Pine!
Christian
Female
Earth Flight
Tundra enthusiast
1 2