Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Looking for a new hobby…
1 2
if you can find a workshop near you, woodworking
if you can find a workshop near you, woodworking
?5rQx0=party.png?5rQLw=party.png?5rQpW=party.png?5rQpW=party.png?5rQY0=party.png
Gardening/taking care of houseplants is nice, as is anything that gradually beautifies the space you live in <3 If you like animals and want something to take up all your time, fostering a bottle-baby animal (kittens, a lamb, a calf if you have the space) can be really rewarding and fun. If you like animals, want something super exciting, expensive, and sometimes dangerous then I can't recommend horseback riding enough haha ^^
Gardening/taking care of houseplants is nice, as is anything that gradually beautifies the space you live in <3 If you like animals and want something to take up all your time, fostering a bottle-baby animal (kittens, a lamb, a calf if you have the space) can be really rewarding and fun. If you like animals, want something super exciting, expensive, and sometimes dangerous then I can't recommend horseback riding enough haha ^^
__________________69065274.png FObX7rS.png
z3FSuck.png
rix3ppo.png
co3WWXY.png
lAvpyOQ.png
69065273.png
I love to sew and started off with embroidery on hoops for decoration. You can get a cheap starter kit that includes the thread, needles, hoops and fabric on amazon and hang the finished hoops like pictures on the wall! (I used some old bedding sheets for my decorative hoops) It's also a handy skill for fixing holes in clothes or you can detail your own clothes with cute little additions. I sewed animal crossing characters onto some of my plain t-shirts.

It's really easy to do and you can find a lot of tutorials on youtube! It is very relaxing and when you finish a project it's an amazing feeling, you can also gift anything you make to family or friends, or make them into patches for them to add to their own clothes.
I love to sew and started off with embroidery on hoops for decoration. You can get a cheap starter kit that includes the thread, needles, hoops and fabric on amazon and hang the finished hoops like pictures on the wall! (I used some old bedding sheets for my decorative hoops) It's also a handy skill for fixing holes in clothes or you can detail your own clothes with cute little additions. I sewed animal crossing characters onto some of my plain t-shirts.

It's really easy to do and you can find a lot of tutorials on youtube! It is very relaxing and when you finish a project it's an amazing feeling, you can also gift anything you make to family or friends, or make them into patches for them to add to their own clothes.
Square icon of Vista: Greenskeeper Gathering, bushes filled with lanterns emitting a warm glow. By Serpenta
      Campbell, brown and green range veilspun. Link is to profile.Valan, a dark brown and green range obelisk. Link is to profile.Roethke, green, brown, and orange range aberration. Link is to profile.
basic sewing is incredibly easy and can be useful for a lot of things! i love making plushies
basic sewing is incredibly easy and can be useful for a lot of things! i love making plushies
Needlefelting and miniature painting are both really fun! Needlefelting has a nice low barrier to entry, its a nice thing to be able to make stuff relatively easily, AND you get to stab a ball of fluff until it makes itself into a Nice Shape. The only thing is it might be difficult to find felting stuff in craft stores, but you can always pop over to Living Felt or etsy to get needles and new colors :^)
Needlefelting and miniature painting are both really fun! Needlefelting has a nice low barrier to entry, its a nice thing to be able to make stuff relatively easily, AND you get to stab a ball of fluff until it makes itself into a Nice Shape. The only thing is it might be difficult to find felting stuff in craft stores, but you can always pop over to Living Felt or etsy to get needles and new colors :^)
tumblr_nj881zEgtm1qbol1ao1_400.png
he/him // ER critter
Animal husbandry or houseplants if you have the resources for either. Rewarding, constantly keeps you on your toes, and it's good life skills!
Animal husbandry or houseplants if you have the resources for either. Rewarding, constantly keeps you on your toes, and it's good life skills!
If you can find a place nearby, it can be fun to take short classes to learn about different types of art.
If you can find a place nearby, it can be fun to take short classes to learn about different types of art.
HJdguxM.png
Plants! Seriously, pick a family and just start collecting them. I went with Orchidaceae and fell in love with a local nursery. I love memorizing their binomial names, genus characteristics, specific care and the excited feeling I get when an orchid does something (especially if it's a slow grower, like a lady slipper, a new crown or spike is VERY exciting).

I follow the CSN orchid nursery when they go for events and it's brought me so much joy. Even went for a trip to Toronto for their event and had an absolute blast touring the city and all the diverse shops.
Plants! Seriously, pick a family and just start collecting them. I went with Orchidaceae and fell in love with a local nursery. I love memorizing their binomial names, genus characteristics, specific care and the excited feeling I get when an orchid does something (especially if it's a slow grower, like a lady slipper, a new crown or spike is VERY exciting).

I follow the CSN orchid nursery when they go for events and it's brought me so much joy. Even went for a trip to Toronto for their event and had an absolute blast touring the city and all the diverse shops.
Remember that Rainbow Loom thing that was super popular back in like 2013? That’s a great hobby to pick up.

Trust me. I have multiple of them.
Remember that Rainbow Loom thing that was super popular back in like 2013? That’s a great hobby to pick up.

Trust me. I have multiple of them.
allycatcher.pngmlHpBMC.png.t0wRx.gif.mBU64.gif
1 2