General Discussion
Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What if 4kids dubbed madoka magica
1 2
Discuss.
Discuss.
peanut
instead of dying Mami goes on a vacation
instead of dying Mami goes on a vacation
ZbNAjCO.png
hh5n4WA.png
rLSiosd.png
n3XdSHq.png
dEe2UrM.png
m0OgmQP.png
BMbHYAh.png

tumblr_inline_n6kdviAEBO1qlye38.gif
unknown.png
Everybody goes to the Shadow Realm /jk
Everybody goes to the Shadow Realm /jk
Ah yes Maddy’s Magic. A true classic
Ah yes Maddy’s Magic. A true classic
ewan_birdarang.png
Instead of soul gems they're friendship jelly beans
Instead of soul gems they're friendship jelly beans
50.png
All dark themes and danger are exterminated.

So, no plot, just happy happy sunshine and rainbows and pretty gems

All dark themes and danger are exterminated.

So, no plot, just happy happy sunshine and rainbows and pretty gems

3JyiShY.png
All the characters pronounce the name "Walpurgisnacht" differently, and poorly every time. (Okay, mispronounced German happens to be an easy way to annoy me...)

To be honest, this is making me wish Maddie Blaustein lived to see this show. I just think it would be funny if she voiced Kyubey.
All the characters pronounce the name "Walpurgisnacht" differently, and poorly every time. (Okay, mispronounced German happens to be an easy way to annoy me...)

To be honest, this is making me wish Maddie Blaustein lived to see this show. I just think it would be funny if she voiced Kyubey.
YUzmw5z.png
9Wis07O.png
YMPbu9R.png
MoEPDfJ.png 9GImlPT.png
[quote name="QueenSleepy" date="2022-05-15 14:41:33" ] To be honest, this is making me wish Maddie Blaustein lived to see this show. I just think it would be funny if she voiced Kyubey. [/quote] Maddie Blaustein was a queen and truly a legend. rip
QueenSleepy wrote on 2022-05-15 14:41:33:

Maddie Blaustein was a queen and truly a legend. rip
okay, so, funny story -- i've legitimately talked about this so many times with my friends. we've come up with 4kids names for every quintet member, plus a few extra

we settled on the fact that it would be renamed 'madison magical', and madoka would, of course, be renamed madison. homura is hannah, mami is megan, kyoko is katie, and sayaka is something like sadie or serena. hitomi and kyosuke are heather and huntyrr or kameron, we didn't agree on which one fit more. nagisa would probably be something like nora or nicole

all of the queer subtext would be completely taken out. madohomu? no, no, they're madison and hannah, best friends! kyoko and mami's tragic backstories would either be taken out completely, or toned down to be something a bit softer. mami wouldn't live on her own, no, she'd have family that lives with her, you just never see them! rebellion doesn't get dubbed at all, it's completely taken out. pmmm just ends after the 12 episodes, there's no movie, what do you mean?

we even came up with a few names for a few of the spinoff characters from magia record, such as iroha tamaki becoming irene thomas, and the amane twins becoming tiffany and taylor adams. the tokime clan trio from arc 2 is susan, sasha, and christie, instead of sunao, shizuka, and chiharu, and karin is...you can probably guess. alina doesn't change at all, her name is already '4kids friendly'.

[ i am deeply sorry for the length of this, madoka magica / magia record is one of my special interests and once i get talking about it, i can't stop. ]
okay, so, funny story -- i've legitimately talked about this so many times with my friends. we've come up with 4kids names for every quintet member, plus a few extra

we settled on the fact that it would be renamed 'madison magical', and madoka would, of course, be renamed madison. homura is hannah, mami is megan, kyoko is katie, and sayaka is something like sadie or serena. hitomi and kyosuke are heather and huntyrr or kameron, we didn't agree on which one fit more. nagisa would probably be something like nora or nicole

all of the queer subtext would be completely taken out. madohomu? no, no, they're madison and hannah, best friends! kyoko and mami's tragic backstories would either be taken out completely, or toned down to be something a bit softer. mami wouldn't live on her own, no, she'd have family that lives with her, you just never see them! rebellion doesn't get dubbed at all, it's completely taken out. pmmm just ends after the 12 episodes, there's no movie, what do you mean?

we even came up with a few names for a few of the spinoff characters from magia record, such as iroha tamaki becoming irene thomas, and the amane twins becoming tiffany and taylor adams. the tokime clan trio from arc 2 is susan, sasha, and christie, instead of sunao, shizuka, and chiharu, and karin is...you can probably guess. alina doesn't change at all, her name is already '4kids friendly'.

[ i am deeply sorry for the length of this, madoka magica / magia record is one of my special interests and once i get talking about it, i can't stop. ]
lacetransparent_small.png - okt
- she/her
- fr+3
- art shop!
- not accepting random friend reqs
Ever heard of Magical Molly?
Ever heard of Magical Molly?
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
1 2