Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Spore fan club!
1 2 3
AW MAN I FORGOT ABOUT SPORE! I haven't gotten it on my new steam account (lost the old one, so many games lost [emoji=gaoler sad size=2]) but I use to constantly mess around with the frickin creature maker
AW MAN I FORGOT ABOUT SPORE! I haven't gotten it on my new steam account (lost the old one, so many games lost ) but I use to constantly mess around with the frickin creature maker
z8G63Bp.pngfinished_product.png turtlecatolotl_1.png wishlist collecting mith/moth items
Oh boy I adore Spore. But I played it for the first time in a long time recently and dang I forgot how much it struggles sometimes lol. Gotta save a LOT cause it loves to crash.
Oh boy I adore Spore. But I played it for the first time in a long time recently and dang I forgot how much it struggles sometimes lol. Gotta save a LOT cause it loves to crash.
I also gotta save so dang much when I play.
(I got it from GOG.com so no DRM for me)
I also gotta save so dang much when I play.
(I got it from GOG.com so no DRM for me)
it doesnt crash that much for me anymore for some reason but yeah its always good to ctrl+s very frequently in stages! ctrl+s saves your game without having to go to the menu and its a blessing
it doesnt crash that much for me anymore for some reason but yeah its always good to ctrl+s very frequently in stages! ctrl+s saves your game without having to go to the menu and its a blessing
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
*Crawls out of the void*

My childhood is Spore, in all of it's forms (aside from Darkspore) it's a shame my computer is legit too good to run Spore (apple dropped support for 32bit games a long time ago) but I occasionally bust out my old copy of Spore Creatures just to do a lil playthrough of it.

When I was younger I used to have access to modded and had some fun creations that are lost to the void thanks to the fact I doubt that computer exists and/or has Spore on it anymore.

Spore Hero was weird, but for as wonky as y'all think the wii version was... Allow me to inform you that a nintendo version exits (Spore Hero Arena) and has possibly the most unfair final boss and weirdest combat system in general known to man. I can confidently say that the combat system was something that ruined the game for me, as health was apparently meaningless and correlated to how far you'd get knocked back as the devs decided that the only way to win a fight was to slap your opponent over the edge.

Aside from Spore Hero Arena and it's abborhent battle mechanics and utter lack of befriending/even the spirit of it in a mini game. I loved the Spore games I played as a kid to pieces and wish I could get my hands on the original again to remake my first critters... Tho that might have to come from one of the folks attempting to remake Spore as I know there's several projects like that out there in development.

Just makes me smile a bit to see this when I randomly came by the discussions as this is my current discord broadcast: Random thought that saddens me: My computer is legitimately too good to play Spore on. Spore was a fav of mine as a kid...
*Crawls out of the void*

My childhood is Spore, in all of it's forms (aside from Darkspore) it's a shame my computer is legit too good to run Spore (apple dropped support for 32bit games a long time ago) but I occasionally bust out my old copy of Spore Creatures just to do a lil playthrough of it.

When I was younger I used to have access to modded and had some fun creations that are lost to the void thanks to the fact I doubt that computer exists and/or has Spore on it anymore.

Spore Hero was weird, but for as wonky as y'all think the wii version was... Allow me to inform you that a nintendo version exits (Spore Hero Arena) and has possibly the most unfair final boss and weirdest combat system in general known to man. I can confidently say that the combat system was something that ruined the game for me, as health was apparently meaningless and correlated to how far you'd get knocked back as the devs decided that the only way to win a fight was to slap your opponent over the edge.

Aside from Spore Hero Arena and it's abborhent battle mechanics and utter lack of befriending/even the spirit of it in a mini game. I loved the Spore games I played as a kid to pieces and wish I could get my hands on the original again to remake my first critters... Tho that might have to come from one of the folks attempting to remake Spore as I know there's several projects like that out there in development.

Just makes me smile a bit to see this when I randomly came by the discussions as this is my current discord broadcast: Random thought that saddens me: My computer is legitimately too good to play Spore on. Spore was a fav of mine as a kid...
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
SPORE SPORE SPORE SPORE

I used to be SO into this game in middle and high school, played it all the time. I was pretty active on the speculative biology side of spore and it’s forums and remember one of my creations getting featured at one point!

It was a major creative outlet for me during that part of my life, it helped me create things from my imagination before I felt like I was able to illustrate them the way I wanted to.

I still play it now and again, though today working within its limitations can be kind of frustrating as an artist.
SPORE SPORE SPORE SPORE

I used to be SO into this game in middle and high school, played it all the time. I was pretty active on the speculative biology side of spore and it’s forums and remember one of my creations getting featured at one point!

It was a major creative outlet for me during that part of my life, it helped me create things from my imagination before I felt like I was able to illustrate them the way I wanted to.

I still play it now and again, though today working within its limitations can be kind of frustrating as an artist.
plague_banner.png
•they\them•
ACOZFAh.png
9hqcHsy.png
JvUa9ma.png
q7KYqlT.pngsnail.png
XDx3LEm.png
finfin6.gif
I LOVE spore! I’ve used it to draft out an alien race for a story, the game gives me such a good feeling. [emoji=heart size=1] @Strychnos The speculative biology bit got me too. Did you ever create projects with realism in mind? [emoji=new friend size=1]
I LOVE spore! I’ve used it to draft out an alien race for a story, the game gives me such a good feeling.

@Strychnos The speculative biology bit got me too. Did you ever create projects with realism in mind?
96d3f008007c014a305db108daaaafad6848d180.png
[quote name="Directorate" date="2022-04-16 19:33:22" ]@/Strychnos The speculative biology bit got me too. Did you ever create projects with realism in mind? [emoji=new friend size=1] [/quote] Yeah, pretty much always! I liked spec bio before I played spore (I loved The Future is Wild, After Man, and Expedition as a kid and still do), and the game let me have a ton of fun exploring those concepts. I recall having made a silicon based planet and a high gravity planet in spore that I made a lot of creatures for. The biology could have been more plausible in retrospect but I had a lot of fun.
Directorate wrote on 2022-04-16 19:33:22:
@/Strychnos The speculative biology bit got me too. Did you ever create projects with realism in mind?

Yeah, pretty much always! I liked spec bio before I played spore (I loved The Future is Wild, After Man, and Expedition as a kid and still do), and the game let me have
a ton of fun exploring those concepts.

I recall having made a silicon based planet and a high gravity planet in spore that I made a lot of creatures for. The biology could have been more plausible in retrospect but I had a lot of fun.
plague_banner.png
•they\them•
ACOZFAh.png
9hqcHsy.png
JvUa9ma.png
q7KYqlT.pngsnail.png
XDx3LEm.png
finfin6.gif
Ooo, I love Spore! It was always my dream game as a kid and I remember asking for it for Christmas when I was around 8 only for my parents to just give me Spore Hero Arena and Spore Creatures for the DS lol. (I've never finished Spore Hero Arena but Spore Creatures was actually pretty good)

Anyway, I finally got the chance to play it recently since I have a computer now and I played that all day for several weeks straight. Currently my furthest save is the Tigerdogs (I don't have a picture of them but I'm sure the name is self-explanatory) and I'm trying to ally the Grocs with them. I haven't gotten around to it yet and it's actually been a while since I've played Spore now... perhaps I'll get back into it when Summer comes around.
Ooo, I love Spore! It was always my dream game as a kid and I remember asking for it for Christmas when I was around 8 only for my parents to just give me Spore Hero Arena and Spore Creatures for the DS lol. (I've never finished Spore Hero Arena but Spore Creatures was actually pretty good)

Anyway, I finally got the chance to play it recently since I have a computer now and I played that all day for several weeks straight. Currently my furthest save is the Tigerdogs (I don't have a picture of them but I'm sure the name is self-explanatory) and I'm trying to ally the Grocs with them. I haven't gotten around to it yet and it's actually been a while since I've played Spore now... perhaps I'll get back into it when Summer comes around.
deity_windsinger_by_dogi_crimson-da5hmn0.gif FMoJ9vk.png
H2jRHgT.png
J7D1quC.png

Hi, I'm Fruit! I'm a digital artist, amateur fiction writer, aspiring musician (bass), but most of all: a professional idiot. My two favorite things are rock 'n roll and frillback pigeons.
ezgif-3-3eb9aae531.gif

FMoJ9vk.pngRDt6LqI.pngJ7D1quC.png
uQA55c0.pngimage0.giftumblr_inline_oki6607XCW1tfmvub_100.png
I love Spore! Used to play it all the time! Hoping to play it again soon!!
I love Spore! Used to play it all the time! Hoping to play it again soon!!
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
1 2 3