Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Went to take pictures of the Aurora....
.... Realised my smartphone have better camera then my DSLR camera [emoji=fae laughing size=1] Best part is that my phone ran out of juice xD [i]Ahhh, I really want a new camera, my current one just take potato pictures that have a weird green sheen and random pixels.... [s]To bad Im broke and without work xD[/s][/i] But yeah, Northen Lights, pretty fun~ My infected right eye started crying and rhe cats got a bit hyper~ [i]Great fun great fun~[/i] You normaly cant see the lights from our village since, [i]well Mountains, Its like a bowl keeping us trapped inside~[/i] Started looking at cameras online though, since I dont need a profesional camera anymore, I was thinking about maybe getting a mirrorless one, [i]buuut[/i] the Vintage Nikon series is also tempting, dunno if they are still made, but being able to use my Pas older objectives/lenses would save us some xD My current one makes everything have a green outline, [i]its like watching an old 3D film without glasses....[/i] [s]Well maybe I should fix my computer and start taking commisions so I can save up for a new one [i]in like 50 years~[/i][/s] Kinda wanna pick up photography again in the future, I lost interest after Granpa died, but hes been gone for a while now, so I feel like I should be able to pick it up again~ Will probably just take animal pictures though, [i]would be fun if I could afford one of those BIG objectives so I can take bird pictures~[/i] I hate taking pictures of humans, [i]mostly because I hate working in studios, and Im no good at setting up scenes....[/i] TLDR; I saw Northen Lights today, they were a dancing spetacle of green with some pink, [i]last time they were red~[/i]
.... Realised my smartphone have better camera then my DSLR camera

Best part is that my phone ran out of juice xD

Ahhh, I really want a new camera, my current one just take potato pictures that have a weird green sheen and random pixels....
To bad Im broke and without work xD

But yeah, Northen Lights, pretty fun~
My infected right eye started crying and rhe cats got a bit hyper~
Great fun great fun~

You normaly cant see the lights from our village since, well Mountains, Its like a bowl keeping us trapped inside~

Started looking at cameras online though, since I dont need a profesional camera anymore, I was thinking about maybe getting a mirrorless one, buuut the Vintage Nikon series is also tempting, dunno if they are still made, but being able to use my Pas older objectives/lenses would save us some xD
My current one makes everything have a green outline, its like watching an old 3D film without glasses....

Well maybe I should fix my computer and start taking commisions so I can save up for a new one in like 50 years~

Kinda wanna pick up photography again in the future, I lost interest after Granpa died, but hes been gone for a while now, so I feel like I should be able to pick it up again~
Will probably just take animal pictures though, would be fun if I could afford one of those BIG objectives so I can take bird pictures~

I hate taking pictures of humans, mostly because I hate working in studios, and Im no good at setting up scenes....

TLDR; I saw Northen Lights today, they were a dancing spetacle of green with some pink, last time they were red~
blobb_2_by_thehellneko-d93ujyk.pngU09nR.gifblobb_2_by_thehellneko-d93ujyk.png

H9CF4.gif
BMoeb.gifKWT4h.gif2k9v5.gifJG5QW.gif
You are so lucky to see the aurora. I've been wanting to see the aurora for years!
You are so lucky to see the aurora. I've been wanting to see the aurora for years!
LxbWmll.png
That's awesome. I wish I could see them from here! Photography is awesome as well, sorry that your camera wasn't working for you.
That's awesome. I wish I could see them from here! Photography is awesome as well, sorry that your camera wasn't working for you.
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

@TheHellNeko

... Your camera's broken?
Your EYE's infected?
You lost your job?
Your grandpa died?

Do you need roughly 17,000,000,000 hugs?
@TheHellNeko

... Your camera's broken?
Your EYE's infected?
You lost your job?
Your grandpa died?

Do you need roughly 17,000,000,000 hugs?
Dreamcore/Weirdcore enjoyer.
Trans Male (Ae/Aer)
Check out my new group RP!
@unidra
Its worth seeing atleast once in your life~
Though its kinda terrifying at the same time and make you realize haw small you really are in the world....

@Spottedleaf125
I had photography as part of school, studio photography made me so uninterested in the whole thing xD
Probably never going to persue it at a higher level, it would be fun to have a good camera so I could take better pictures that Im actually happy with~
Still hate taking portraits of people, animals are more fun, they dont complain about their bad skin showing~

@Insidiously

Its not that bad~
Grandpa died a few yeara ago, my neighbour(grand Aunt), grand Uncle, and Pas old teacher died this year~

I finished my Bachlors during the pandemic so I never got to Internship, been sitting at home sincle last summer~
You cant lose your job if you necer had one~
@unidra
Its worth seeing atleast once in your life~
Though its kinda terrifying at the same time and make you realize haw small you really are in the world....

@Spottedleaf125
I had photography as part of school, studio photography made me so uninterested in the whole thing xD
Probably never going to persue it at a higher level, it would be fun to have a good camera so I could take better pictures that Im actually happy with~
Still hate taking portraits of people, animals are more fun, they dont complain about their bad skin showing~

@Insidiously

Its not that bad~
Grandpa died a few yeara ago, my neighbour(grand Aunt), grand Uncle, and Pas old teacher died this year~

I finished my Bachlors during the pandemic so I never got to Internship, been sitting at home sincle last summer~
You cant lose your job if you necer had one~
blobb_2_by_thehellneko-d93ujyk.pngU09nR.gifblobb_2_by_thehellneko-d93ujyk.png

H9CF4.gif
BMoeb.gifKWT4h.gif2k9v5.gifJG5QW.gif
@TheHellNeko

That's just as bad omg-

I wish I could help you out but I am just a child who has no money RIP

It's frustrating having the intelligence of an adult but not actually BEING old enough to do anything
I want to work I want to help people and I cannot and it sucks

If I believed in God I'd pray for you-

I just hope your life gets betr soon <3
@TheHellNeko

That's just as bad omg-

I wish I could help you out but I am just a child who has no money RIP

It's frustrating having the intelligence of an adult but not actually BEING old enough to do anything
I want to work I want to help people and I cannot and it sucks

If I believed in God I'd pray for you-

I just hope your life gets betr soon <3
Dreamcore/Weirdcore enjoyer.
Trans Male (Ae/Aer)
Check out my new group RP!
@TheHellNeko

I'm sorry I did not see the rest of your post. I just saw "aurora" and got excited.

But holy cow, sounds like the pandemic's been awful for you. Like Insidiously, I'm sending you all of the online hugs I can.

For the job thing, if it helps, I found myself in a similar position during the pandemic. I finished my graduate studies right before the pandemic started and then got a double ear infection. Unfortunately, my job depends heavily on being able to hear and speak without impediments. And because I had no insurance and my doctor closed, there was nothing I could do about it.

I did finally find a job a few months ago, a year and a half after I graduated, but only because that application was submitted by snail mail. Those are almost the only jobs that gave me an interview - the online applications immediately screened me out. And thankfully, my new job came with medical insurance good enough for me to get my hearing back permanently. I'm still relishing it.

My advice is: put most of your effort into applying for jobs that accept snail mail applications, not online ones, if you can. The online ones are going to sift you out no matter how qualified you are. And when you interview, go in with the idea that they are not going to hire you and you are only practicing interviewing. Pretend you do not need a job. The interview process is strongly skewed against the people who need a job or know they're qualified because they are the ones who will be nervous during an interview. I only got my current job because my technology failed so spectacularly and made me so late that I went into the interview certain I'd already lost the job.

I hope some of that helps, if at least to reaffirm that you're not alone.
@TheHellNeko

I'm sorry I did not see the rest of your post. I just saw "aurora" and got excited.

But holy cow, sounds like the pandemic's been awful for you. Like Insidiously, I'm sending you all of the online hugs I can.

For the job thing, if it helps, I found myself in a similar position during the pandemic. I finished my graduate studies right before the pandemic started and then got a double ear infection. Unfortunately, my job depends heavily on being able to hear and speak without impediments. And because I had no insurance and my doctor closed, there was nothing I could do about it.

I did finally find a job a few months ago, a year and a half after I graduated, but only because that application was submitted by snail mail. Those are almost the only jobs that gave me an interview - the online applications immediately screened me out. And thankfully, my new job came with medical insurance good enough for me to get my hearing back permanently. I'm still relishing it.

My advice is: put most of your effort into applying for jobs that accept snail mail applications, not online ones, if you can. The online ones are going to sift you out no matter how qualified you are. And when you interview, go in with the idea that they are not going to hire you and you are only practicing interviewing. Pretend you do not need a job. The interview process is strongly skewed against the people who need a job or know they're qualified because they are the ones who will be nervous during an interview. I only got my current job because my technology failed so spectacularly and made me so late that I went into the interview certain I'd already lost the job.

I hope some of that helps, if at least to reaffirm that you're not alone.
LxbWmll.png
damn seeing the thread title reminded me i dreamt of seeing vivid northern lights from my room's window while i was asleep last nite

but ive not rly seen vivid ones in real life yet, just fainter ones

also +1 on big hugs to ya
damn seeing the thread title reminded me i dreamt of seeing vivid northern lights from my room's window while i was asleep last nite

but ive not rly seen vivid ones in real life yet, just fainter ones

also +1 on big hugs to ya
a minimal doodle of a charcoal/periwinkle imperial with some matchy apparel lounging, with the text 'wow...' near her head she/her / frt+10

"have you tried drink water"
Have you seen the attachable camera lenses you can put on a cell phone? Some of them are cheap these days, and they're getting very good.

And yeah dang I hope this year will be better for you :C
Have you seen the attachable camera lenses you can put on a cell phone? Some of them are cheap these days, and they're getting very good.

And yeah dang I hope this year will be better for you :C