Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Y'all ever just randomly see the future?
1 2 3
I had some Deja Vu last night when I was reading my book. It’s funny, this was a case of the initial image appearing when I didn’t yet have any idea what it could mean. But Cassandra Clare’s writing can be like that (i.e makes no sense out of context).
I had some Deja Vu last night when I was reading my book. It’s funny, this was a case of the initial image appearing when I didn’t yet have any idea what it could mean. But Cassandra Clare’s writing can be like that (i.e makes no sense out of context).
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
[quote name="aludesh" date="2022-01-09 01:11:51" ] sometimes I'll get random images of super detailed unmade art that just flashes into my head for a second and I'm like woah I need to draw that [/quote] And then when you try to draw it you realize you don't have the skill to even come close to your prophetic vision of art. Too many times.
aludesh wrote on 2022-01-09 01:11:51:
sometimes I'll get random images of super detailed unmade art that just flashes into my head for a second and I'm like woah I need to draw that
And then when you try to draw it you realize you don't have the skill to even come close to your prophetic vision of art.

Too many times.
I don’t really believe the supernatural stuff, usually, but sometimes there’s a coincidence weird enough to make me think.

Just this last summer, I had a dream about tornadoes. Which in itself was weird, because I hadn’t had tornado dreams since I was about ten and in a phase where I watched nothing but tornado documentaries. So for the first time in basically a decade, I was having a tornado dream completely unprompted. It’s kinda weird and unhinged like dreams tend to be, but I distinctly remember flying up from my house and counting five tornadoes moving around on the horizon.

The following day, the very large local event (thousands of people, it’s a very big deal and most years it’s international as well) got canceled halfway through the show because of an approaching derecho. No big deal, big storms aren’t uncommon in this area.

So at 11:45pm I get woken up by every device in my house screaming at once… tornado warning. Apparently one’s touched down around ten miles to the northwest and is heading southeast, towards me. I went out on the porch and watched for awhile, but I never saw anything. The next day I dropped by the hangar and made some small talk with people about the storm. One guy offhandedly comments “I heard it put down five total.”

Haven’t had another tornado dream since :|
I don’t really believe the supernatural stuff, usually, but sometimes there’s a coincidence weird enough to make me think.

Just this last summer, I had a dream about tornadoes. Which in itself was weird, because I hadn’t had tornado dreams since I was about ten and in a phase where I watched nothing but tornado documentaries. So for the first time in basically a decade, I was having a tornado dream completely unprompted. It’s kinda weird and unhinged like dreams tend to be, but I distinctly remember flying up from my house and counting five tornadoes moving around on the horizon.

The following day, the very large local event (thousands of people, it’s a very big deal and most years it’s international as well) got canceled halfway through the show because of an approaching derecho. No big deal, big storms aren’t uncommon in this area.

So at 11:45pm I get woken up by every device in my house screaming at once… tornado warning. Apparently one’s touched down around ten miles to the northwest and is heading southeast, towards me. I went out on the porch and watched for awhile, but I never saw anything. The next day I dropped by the hangar and made some small talk with people about the storm. One guy offhandedly comments “I heard it put down five total.”

Haven’t had another tornado dream since :|
unknown.png
I frequently have prophetic moments in dreams mixed in with all the nonsense. It'll be something really mundane, & usually unrecognizable due to the location or people present - something that won't be familiar for some time yet. Every now and then I'll be sitting somewhere and realize this exact moment was vaguely described to me months or years before.

Most memorable example was dreaming of being at a low dining table surrounded by about 6 people I didn't recognize, in a small yellow room under some fluorescent light. Turned out to be a scene from middle school the next year.

It feels like Deja Vu, but for completely new mundane moments or experiences.

I also OCCASIONALLY find that I'll be wishing for/thinking about something, then the other person I'm with will bring the exact thing up. It's not always something they could have reasonably thought of at the same time.
I frequently have prophetic moments in dreams mixed in with all the nonsense. It'll be something really mundane, & usually unrecognizable due to the location or people present - something that won't be familiar for some time yet. Every now and then I'll be sitting somewhere and realize this exact moment was vaguely described to me months or years before.

Most memorable example was dreaming of being at a low dining table surrounded by about 6 people I didn't recognize, in a small yellow room under some fluorescent light. Turned out to be a scene from middle school the next year.

It feels like Deja Vu, but for completely new mundane moments or experiences.

I also OCCASIONALLY find that I'll be wishing for/thinking about something, then the other person I'm with will bring the exact thing up. It's not always something they could have reasonably thought of at the same time.
bHeX9bv.png
I remember once I was trying to map out something just to get practice at designing maps for games and I thought 'Yeah, we'll just slap a big sandstone wall here'

Flash forward a long time later and I'm playing a game... And theres just a big sandstone wall there. I was just like 'yeah ok, this makes total sense."

Correction: it was a castle wall, but the way it was placed reminded me of the sandstone wall.
I remember once I was trying to map out something just to get practice at designing maps for games and I thought 'Yeah, we'll just slap a big sandstone wall here'

Flash forward a long time later and I'm playing a game... And theres just a big sandstone wall there. I was just like 'yeah ok, this makes total sense."

Correction: it was a castle wall, but the way it was placed reminded me of the sandstone wall.
Please ping me if you are replying to me. This can be done by adding an @ to my name in the quote’s code.

I *was* going to have an art shop, but my tablet broke. Yay.
I do sometimes but not as often as deja vu.
I do sometimes but not as often as deja vu.
| FR+14 | Indonesian | Dragon Sale |
I have indeed begun taking precautionary measures as some portions have taken place, in a very specific Deja Vu setting each time. So, in all it is very frightening.
I have indeed begun taking precautionary measures as some portions have taken place, in a very specific Deja Vu setting each time. So, in all it is very frightening.
FREE Skydancer babies to new Arcanist members! Feel free to shoot me a message.
not really for the future but sometimes i'd dreams and think "i've been here before" or have some sense of familiarity with the situation.
not really for the future but sometimes i'd dreams and think "i've been here before" or have some sense of familiarity with the situation.
xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
midwxst

he / him
fr +3
i mean multiple times ive had dreams about stuff and it ended up happening a week or two later :shrugs:

(and i dont mean things that could easily be a coincidence, i once had a dream that my neighbors got robbed and about two weeks later their house got broken into??? ive also had dreams about weirdly specific personal things that ended up happening exactly how they did in my dream, so. it's very odd)
i mean multiple times ive had dreams about stuff and it ended up happening a week or two later :shrugs:

(and i dont mean things that could easily be a coincidence, i once had a dream that my neighbors got robbed and about two weeks later their house got broken into??? ive also had dreams about weirdly specific personal things that ended up happening exactly how they did in my dream, so. it's very odd)
hopping_magpie_by_tathym-daeyqxz.gif cowboy | 19 | he/himhopping_magpie_by_tathym-daeyqxz.gif
[quote name="grunesgryphon" date="2022-01-10 15:28:57" ] It feels like Deja Vu, but for completely new mundane moments or experiences [/quote] this describes it PERFECTLY
grunesgryphon wrote on 2022-01-10 15:28:57:

It feels like Deja Vu, but for completely new mundane moments or experiences

this describes it PERFECTLY
@redlego (you can copy paste if you don't wanna spell out my name or somthin)
1 2 3