Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Y'all ever just randomly see the future?
1 2 3
Ok so this sounds weird, but hear me out.

Sometimes ill just be sitting here doing whatever and then BAM a random image pops in my head. Not a big deal but days or weeks, sometimes even months later it happens. For example: one time I was laying down on my bed and it happened, I didn't think much of it but 2 months later I went to pick someone up from a airport (I've never been to a airport, let alone the pickup station of one) and every detail matched perfectly with the image I had randomly seen months before.

I don't really believe in "supernatural abilities" but this kinda has me wondering/questioning if there are people like that, does anyone have any.. Idk, weird "abilities" like this?

Edit: I just remembered it used to happen in dreams, but now its just random images while I'm awake
Ok so this sounds weird, but hear me out.

Sometimes ill just be sitting here doing whatever and then BAM a random image pops in my head. Not a big deal but days or weeks, sometimes even months later it happens. For example: one time I was laying down on my bed and it happened, I didn't think much of it but 2 months later I went to pick someone up from a airport (I've never been to a airport, let alone the pickup station of one) and every detail matched perfectly with the image I had randomly seen months before.

I don't really believe in "supernatural abilities" but this kinda has me wondering/questioning if there are people like that, does anyone have any.. Idk, weird "abilities" like this?

Edit: I just remembered it used to happen in dreams, but now its just random images while I'm awake
@redlego (you can copy paste if you don't wanna spell out my name or somthin)
sometimes I'll get random images of super detailed unmade art that just flashes into my head for a second and I'm like woah I need to draw that

or now I've started to get random dragon scries lmAO

sounds kinda stupid and people would probably easily explain it away as an active imagination but I swear I just blink and then BOOM super realistic painting of a weird statue with glowy wings and 3 floating eyes, man I wanna draw that (the joke is that I definitely don't have the skill/ability to do that yet)
sometimes I'll get random images of super detailed unmade art that just flashes into my head for a second and I'm like woah I need to draw that

sounds kinda stupid and people would probably easily explain it away as an active imagination but I swear I just blink and then BOOM super realistic painting of a weird statue with glowy wings and 3 floating eyes, man I wanna draw that (the joke is that I definitely don't have the skill/ability to do that yet)
LVVfHp2.png | FR+3
| elune adore
| wishlist
| adopts
86128068.pngw7Yv8Mj.png
yea i get dejavu a decent amount and have for like. years its kind of funky
i just dismiss it as my brain pretending like i really did think of that a wihle prior even though i didnt even though it really feels like i did ... idk brains r weird!
yea i get dejavu a decent amount and have for like. years its kind of funky
i just dismiss it as my brain pretending like i really did think of that a wihle prior even though i didnt even though it really feels like i did ... idk brains r weird!
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
:D It's called deja vu or deja reve when you feel like you've already dreamed it, and it (probably) happens to everyone. Nothing supernatural about it. Something to do with your brain thinking that something new is a memory you've already had. Brains are weird.
The opposite is jamais vu where something that should be familiar feels new :D
:D It's called deja vu or deja reve when you feel like you've already dreamed it, and it (probably) happens to everyone. Nothing supernatural about it. Something to do with your brain thinking that something new is a memory you've already had. Brains are weird.
The opposite is jamais vu where something that should be familiar feels new :D
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
@Redlego
are you secretly Bruno Madrigal

Yes that does happen to me, sometimes I dream the future
@Redlego
are you secretly Bruno Madrigal

Yes that does happen to me, sometimes I dream the future
Dreamcore/Weirdcore enjoyer.
Trans Male (Ae/Aer)
Check out my new group RP!
Yes, I wake up from sleep sometimes with images burned into my mind or a feeling of certainty that something is going to happen, then later i see what the image was in real life or the event i felt was going to happen happens!
Yes, I wake up from sleep sometimes with images burned into my mind or a feeling of certainty that something is going to happen, then later i see what the image was in real life or the event i felt was going to happen happens!
HkhtXgT.png
bYt72YT.png
hh5n4WA.png
woVoZAh.png
optH9Kd.png
iIEq96a.gif
BA in Psychology here! You may be experiencing sensory gating.

(Keep in mind that this is all theory, and we don't know one hundred percent how the brain works - but as of now, this is the most scientifically likely explanation!)

Basically, your brain "sees" a lot more than you consciously experience, and is always trying to rule out sensory information that it thinks isn't very helpful to you.

In extremes, this could look like you standing in the middle of the road while a car barrels towards you. Your brain is much more interested in letting you know fast the car is approaching, the sound it's making, gauging how much time you have to run, etc., then it does things like the color of the car. Your brain "knows" what color the car is. But it's not bringing it to your conscious attention because that's not gonna help prevent you from becoming a road pancake.

Sometimes, though, information your brain didn't think was previously important suddenly becomes relevant. Ever have someone ask you the time and you answer, only to realize seconds later that you have no recollection of looking at a clock? Your brain remembers the second or two you looked at your phone lock screen.

My guess is that you likely saw that image for the briefest of seconds elsewhere, and your brain randomly popped it out of nowhere before bed - our minds do all kinds of funky things when we're getting ready to shut down for the night (we don't even entirely understand the process!).
BA in Psychology here! You may be experiencing sensory gating.

(Keep in mind that this is all theory, and we don't know one hundred percent how the brain works - but as of now, this is the most scientifically likely explanation!)

Basically, your brain "sees" a lot more than you consciously experience, and is always trying to rule out sensory information that it thinks isn't very helpful to you.

In extremes, this could look like you standing in the middle of the road while a car barrels towards you. Your brain is much more interested in letting you know fast the car is approaching, the sound it's making, gauging how much time you have to run, etc., then it does things like the color of the car. Your brain "knows" what color the car is. But it's not bringing it to your conscious attention because that's not gonna help prevent you from becoming a road pancake.

Sometimes, though, information your brain didn't think was previously important suddenly becomes relevant. Ever have someone ask you the time and you answer, only to realize seconds later that you have no recollection of looking at a clock? Your brain remembers the second or two you looked at your phone lock screen.

My guess is that you likely saw that image for the briefest of seconds elsewhere, and your brain randomly popped it out of nowhere before bed - our minds do all kinds of funky things when we're getting ready to shut down for the night (we don't even entirely understand the process!).
tundra monolair (except when i'm not)
201576c98bceb8a8f26f4f51d994188f4d69cc59.gif5be2f71663585fac901386458cef7c37ddb9502e.gif
I see things I do in the future in my dreams. Maybe it’s something I’ve done before— that seems most probable— but once I saw a place in full detail that I would go to for the first time months later.
I see things I do in the future in my dreams. Maybe it’s something I’ve done before— that seems most probable— but once I saw a place in full detail that I would go to for the first time months later.

One day, will these too become but distant memories?
. . .
Yes, in the blink of an eye.

[quote name="aludesh" date="2022-01-09 01:11:51" ] sometimes I'll get random images of super detailed unmade art that just flashes into my head for a second and I'm like woah I need to draw that or now I've started to get random dragon scries lmAO sounds kinda stupid and people would probably easily explain it away as an active imagination but I swear I just blink and then BOOM super realistic painting of a weird statue with glowy wings and 3 floating eyes, man I wanna draw that (the joke is that I definitely don't have the skill/ability to do that yet) [/quote] same :')
aludesh wrote on 2022-01-09 01:11:51:

same :')
megastar 4 ever whooo!!!
3a0YNzz.png aesq82D.gif
Sometimes, what happens to me is that I'll be thinking of something (say, for instance, the fast food chain Wendy's), and then I'll see something related to it pop up (e.g. someone near me mentioning Wendy's in conversation, or seeing a billboard for Wendy's on the side of the road).
Sometimes, what happens to me is that I'll be thinking of something (say, for instance, the fast food chain Wendy's), and then I'll see something related to it pop up (e.g. someone near me mentioning Wendy's in conversation, or seeing a billboard for Wendy's on the side of the road).
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
1 2 3