Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | so i tried sushi today
1 2 3 4
first time ive ever had it! it had imitation crab, cucumber, and avocado. never had crab before, not a big cucumber fan, or avocado fan. but it's moms fave sushi, and i always feel tempted to try it. I have sensory issues, so trying new things is very difficult for me.

i did not like it. i did not dislike it. im kind of obsessed with it. it gave me a stomach ache. i only had one piece. I wish there'd been more. i cannot stop thinking about sushi. the rice is so so so good. im obsessed. this is a cry for help
first time ive ever had it! it had imitation crab, cucumber, and avocado. never had crab before, not a big cucumber fan, or avocado fan. but it's moms fave sushi, and i always feel tempted to try it. I have sensory issues, so trying new things is very difficult for me.

i did not like it. i did not dislike it. im kind of obsessed with it. it gave me a stomach ache. i only had one piece. I wish there'd been more. i cannot stop thinking about sushi. the rice is so so so good. im obsessed. this is a cry for help
1562ca122aceba74f63dd23c98a100c9ca09d249.gif
For some reason I never enjoyed sushi, I tried it a couple of times but I coulnd't finish it.
For some reason I never enjoyed sushi, I tried it a couple of times but I coulnd't finish it.
zKus906.png
eLmRiyg.png
GPoiyfJ.png
i like it with just the nori and rice.

its pretty nummy

i havent had it in years
i like it with just the nori and rice.

its pretty nummy

i havent had it in years
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
I used to hate the idea of eating sushi, but then once I had it I became addicted and now I try to get it whenever I can.
I used to hate the idea of eating sushi, but then once I had it I became addicted and now I try to get it whenever I can.
sYJ7QdI.png
Sushi is...a divisive thing.

I, for one, like it because I LOVE seafood. The problem, for me at least, is actually getting GOOD sushi, which is basically impossible where I live because the only sushi restaurants are several hours away on a GOOD day of traffic.

The only alternatives are the supermarket ones which...yeah. A rare few are actually not bad - one of the vegan sushi platters I can get has a cream cheese and paprika one that is delicious - but the rest are Not Good, with rubbery, tasteless seafood and borderline inedible rice.

Even with the good sushi, can't eat more than a few pieces at a time because of how I was taught to treat food as I was growing up - namely that meat, poultry and seafood are meant to be well cooked - and getting over that is difficult.
Sushi is...a divisive thing.

I, for one, like it because I LOVE seafood. The problem, for me at least, is actually getting GOOD sushi, which is basically impossible where I live because the only sushi restaurants are several hours away on a GOOD day of traffic.

The only alternatives are the supermarket ones which...yeah. A rare few are actually not bad - one of the vegan sushi platters I can get has a cream cheese and paprika one that is delicious - but the rest are Not Good, with rubbery, tasteless seafood and borderline inedible rice.

Even with the good sushi, can't eat more than a few pieces at a time because of how I was taught to treat food as I was growing up - namely that meat, poultry and seafood are meant to be well cooked - and getting over that is difficult.
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
I totally feel you. My parents love getting sushi, and I've tried all of it, but I really don't like rice wine vinegar and I have texture issues. And yet... there's something so oddly appealing about it, I can never [i]not[/i] try it when it's there. [emoji=coatl laughing size=1]
I totally feel you. My parents love getting sushi, and I've tried all of it, but I really don't like rice wine vinegar and I have texture issues. And yet... there's something so oddly appealing about it, I can never not try it when it's there.
7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
I feel you! I LOVE sushi [emoji=heart size=1] Though, sashimi got my whole heart. [emoji=coatl love size=1] Of course, you need to pay attention to the restaurant itself: some restaurants are okay, others meh, and those that gives you fresh seafood and high quality ingredients are chef's kiss, for real. A dreamy experience! [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
I feel you! I LOVE sushi Though, sashimi got my whole heart.
Of course, you need to pay attention to the restaurant itself: some restaurants are okay, others meh, and those that gives you fresh seafood and high quality ingredients are chef's kiss, for real. A dreamy experience!
Green Crystals Hatchery
Ghvar||24||Italy(FR+9)
You've done it

You've experienced the power of sushi

Now it has a hold on your mind forever/j
You've done it

You've experienced the power of sushi

Now it has a hold on your mind forever/j
giphy.gif
Ollie he/him FR +3
Hatchery - Temporarily Closed
Wishlist
Naib Fandragon my beloved
I have sushi for lunch almost everyday, my college makes some in house within the cafe area, and its so freaking goof considering its college sushi!
I have sushi for lunch almost everyday, my college makes some in house within the cafe area, and its so freaking goof considering its college sushi!
........ deity_shadowbinder_by_dogi_crimson-da4xq7y.gif tumblr_inline_oqxzzokthn1r2ao8y_540.png
as someone with an avocado allergy, dont eat sushi with avocado. thats a western-sushi thing. get yourself some nice tuna or salmon nigiri. its only rice and fish, no seaweed. or if you do want the seaweed, try a tuna roll or crab roll.
as someone with an avocado allergy, dont eat sushi with avocado. thats a western-sushi thing. get yourself some nice tuna or salmon nigiri. its only rice and fish, no seaweed. or if you do want the seaweed, try a tuna roll or crab roll.
LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema bobbing her head, wearing white headphones with black trim and a pink heart symbol on the ear cup.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema doing the monkey dance while flapping her wings and shaking her tail from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema dancing by waving her front legs in the air and turning her body from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema with one foreleg on her hip and the other waving in the air.
1 2 3 4