Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [HUB] Pokémon Nuzlocke Challenge
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14
At long last.. the grind is over with! I can challenge Victory Road! :') [img]https://i.ibb.co/NYz7JMT/Pokemon-White-Nuzlocke-16790.png[/img]
At long last.. the grind is over with! I can challenge Victory Road! :')

Pokemon-White-Nuzlocke-16790.png
[quote name="LegendaryManpig" date="2021-10-23 15:50:12" ] Y'know, I've played Platinum many times -my copy's still in good condition and everything -and... the 2nd gym really doesn't require a fire type imo? You can easily take it on with a Staravia, which you're almost guaranteed, or even a Kricketune/Beautifly/Dustox? Or a Ghastly, if you catch one! Basically there's a lot of options for Gardenia, and I usually start with Piplup myself, since Empoleon is yes! Though I like all Pokémon personally, so it's not a big deal which one I choose! :) [/quote] Yeah fair enough! It's just the combo of fire and fighting with early on good moves like mach punch that make chimchar REALLY good. Thing is for me that I don't like any of the starters much in dppt :( Chimchar is *okay*, but Piplup is cuter, while I don't really like the design of Empoleon much haha. But yeah dustox/beautifly/kricketune are all pretty good too early game, it's just a bit sad that they aren't that amazing anymore later on. That's what I find sad about a lot of the bug types... They're not bad at all, but I feel like the bug types aren't really balanced out very well power-wise. Looked at your new team and it's looking good! Well-balanced too :D Good that you switched out the ice type as they're generally not very strong overall. I never played with the Chandelure line but I heard they're great fire types! Good luck in the victory road!! [quote name="exp" date="2021-10-23 15:57:33" ] Yeah sure, I can be a member! I wasn't aware Ultra games were hard to nuzlocke, is there a particular reason? I probably will go with ORAS, as I'm much more familiar with it compared to Pearl. Hoenn was the first region I played so I have a soft spot for it aha. What's your favorite region, then? [/quote] The Ultra games are considered harder to locke because of the pacing you get Pokémon vs hard battles. You don't get a lot of Pokémon early on and are faced with potentially tough totem battles very fast, making grinding out levels potentially tedious, so you don't lose half your team to the first 2 totems. In route 1 you will most likely get either Pikipek or Yungoos/a random bug if you're unlucky and in the city you have a high chance of getting a meowth, setting you up with 2 normal types if you're unlucky. That leaves you with your starter + 2 usually bad mons against the school and some of team skull, which can be tough early on. If you want to go for Ultra sun/moon don't forget to check the graveyard too, which some people forgetfully skip, as you can get a zubat there early on, which is a very valuable mon to have! [quote name="ItPhantom" date="2021-10-23 21:10:40" ] is it possible to do a let's go eevee nuzlocke [/quote] You can except you'll have to either ditch the "catch the first mon on each route" or blindfold yourself and hope you bump into one haha. That's how I've seen a lot of ppl do it :) You will need to keep track of which was "your first" catch and which are the ones you catch to level, but otherwise perfectly locke-able, albeit VERY easy to locke. Not saying that's a bad thing but if you're looking for a challenge, let's go isn't the toughest.
LegendaryManpig wrote on 2021-10-23 15:50:12:
Y'know, I've played Platinum many times -my copy's still in good condition and everything -and... the 2nd gym really doesn't require a fire type imo? You can easily take it on with a Staravia, which you're almost guaranteed, or even a Kricketune/Beautifly/Dustox? Or a Ghastly, if you catch one! Basically there's a lot of options for Gardenia, and I usually start with Piplup myself, since Empoleon is yes! Though I like all Pokémon personally, so it's not a big deal which one I choose! :)

Yeah fair enough! It's just the combo of fire and fighting with early on good moves like mach punch that make chimchar REALLY good. Thing is for me that I don't like any of the starters much in dppt :( Chimchar is *okay*, but Piplup is cuter, while I don't really like the design of Empoleon much haha. But yeah dustox/beautifly/kricketune are all pretty good too early game, it's just a bit sad that they aren't that amazing anymore later on. That's what I find sad about a lot of the bug types... They're not bad at all, but I feel like the bug types aren't really balanced out very well power-wise.

Looked at your new team and it's looking good! Well-balanced too :D Good that you switched out the ice type as they're generally not very strong overall. I never played with the Chandelure line but I heard they're great fire types! Good luck in the victory road!!
exp wrote on 2021-10-23 15:57:33:
Yeah sure, I can be a member! I wasn't aware Ultra games were hard to nuzlocke, is there a particular reason? I probably will go with ORAS, as I'm much more familiar with it compared to Pearl. Hoenn was the first region I played so I have a soft spot for it aha. What's your favorite region, then?
The Ultra games are considered harder to locke because of the pacing you get Pokémon vs hard battles. You don't get a lot of Pokémon early on and are faced with potentially tough totem battles very fast, making grinding out levels potentially tedious, so you don't lose half your team to the first 2 totems.
In route 1 you will most likely get either Pikipek or Yungoos/a random bug if you're unlucky and in the city you have a high chance of getting a meowth, setting you up with 2 normal types if you're unlucky. That leaves you with your starter + 2 usually bad mons against the school and some of team skull, which can be tough early on. If you want to go for Ultra sun/moon don't forget to check the graveyard too, which some people forgetfully skip, as you can get a zubat there early on, which is a very valuable mon to have!

ItPhantom wrote on 2021-10-23 21:10:40:
is it possible to do a let's go eevee nuzlocke
You can except you'll have to either ditch the "catch the first mon on each route" or blindfold yourself and hope you bump into one haha. That's how I've seen a lot of ppl do it :) You will need to keep track of which was "your first" catch and which are the ones you catch to level, but otherwise perfectly locke-able, albeit VERY easy to locke. Not saying that's a bad thing but if you're looking for a challenge, let's go isn't the toughest.
OY2CZgk.png
That's valid! I know it's not necessarily for everyone, hehe! I love all Pokémon personally, but I won't judge you for not being a fan! And thank you! I agree that Ice and Bug is really weak in general, but also they do have their strong points too! Really though, I just had Kazi to deal with Iris, which they did splendidly! The Elite Four is a terrible environment for them though, given all the fighting, rock, and fire moves amongst them, gosh dang! Also, speaking of my team: the grind for the Elite Four is finished! [img]https://i.ibb.co/bQZnnQP/Pokemon-White-Nuzlocke-30814.png[/img]
That's valid! I know it's not necessarily for everyone, hehe! I love all Pokémon personally, but I won't judge you for not being a fan! And thank you! I agree that Ice and Bug is really weak in general, but also they do have their strong points too! Really though, I just had Kazi to deal with Iris, which they did splendidly! The Elite Four is a terrible environment for them though, given all the fighting, rock, and fire moves amongst them, gosh dang!

Also, speaking of my team: the grind for the Elite Four is finished!
Pokemon-White-Nuzlocke-30814.png
Whelp! Finished my Nuzlocke! I'm... not sure how happy I was with it? Literally everyone except for Rosemary and Nessie (Zekrom,) died, so I don't feel too accomplished, but also I did it still! So I'm overall happy! I'm... not going for post game, because I don't really feel like training up another team from scratch again. :') Really I don't have good replacements.
Whelp! Finished my Nuzlocke! I'm... not sure how happy I was with it? Literally everyone except for Rosemary and Nessie (Zekrom,) died, so I don't feel too accomplished, but also I did it still! So I'm overall happy! I'm... not going for post game, because I don't really feel like training up another team from scratch again. :') Really I don't have good replacements.
[quote name="LegendaryManpig" date="2021-10-24 01:54:35" ] That's valid! I know it's not necessarily for everyone, hehe! I love all Pokémon personally, but I won't judge you for not being a fan! And thank you! I agree that Ice and Bug is really weak in general, but also they do have their strong points too! Really though, I just had Kazi to deal with Iris, which they did splendidly! The Elite Four is a terrible environment for them though, given all the fighting, rock, and fire moves amongst them, gosh dang! Also, speaking of my team: the grind for the Elite Four is finished! [img]https://i.ibb.co/bQZnnQP/Pokemon-White-Nuzlocke-30814.png[/img] [/quote] Ah yeah against dragon types they do really well! Nice team :D I hope you'll be able to beat the elite4! I made some changes to my team, swapped out Ninjask for a Trevenant I had as it made more sense for the X elite4. Team so far now: Tyrantrum 70 [LIST] [*]Aerial Ace [*]Crunch [*]Earthquake [*]Rock Slide [/LIST] Snorlax 64 [LIST] [*]Ice Beam [*]Thunderbolt [*]Crunch [*]Power-Up Punch [/LIST] Drapion 55 (honestly I only have him for Gardevoir xD) [LIST] [*]Crunch [*]Venoshock [*]Night Slash [*]Fell Stinger [/LIST] Delphox 77 [LIST] [*]Fire Blast [*]Grass Knot [*]Mystical Fire [*]Psychic [/LIST] Lapras 45 [LIST] [*]Water Pulse [*]Brine [*]Ice Beam [*]Surf [/LIST] Trevevant 50 [LIST] [*]Forest's Curse [*]Destiny Bond [*]Phantom Force [*] Wood Hammer [/LIST] Any tips are appreciated while I grind out the ones under 70 to at least 65 because I'm gonna really need them to be that high for Diantha x_x;
LegendaryManpig wrote on 2021-10-24 01:54:35:
That's valid! I know it's not necessarily for everyone, hehe! I love all Pokémon personally, but I won't judge you for not being a fan! And thank you! I agree that Ice and Bug is really weak in general, but also they do have their strong points too! Really though, I just had Kazi to deal with Iris, which they did splendidly! The Elite Four is a terrible environment for them though, given all the fighting, rock, and fire moves amongst them, gosh dang!

Also, speaking of my team: the grind for the Elite Four is finished!
Pokemon-White-Nuzlocke-30814.png

Ah yeah against dragon types they do really well! Nice team :D I hope you'll be able to beat the elite4!

I made some changes to my team, swapped out Ninjask for a Trevenant I had as it made more sense for the X elite4.

Team so far now:
Tyrantrum 70
  • Aerial Ace
  • Crunch
  • Earthquake
  • Rock Slide

Snorlax 64
  • Ice Beam
  • Thunderbolt
  • Crunch
  • Power-Up Punch

Drapion 55 (honestly I only have him for Gardevoir xD)
  • Crunch
  • Venoshock
  • Night Slash
  • Fell Stinger

Delphox 77
  • Fire Blast
  • Grass Knot
  • Mystical Fire
  • Psychic

Lapras 45
  • Water Pulse
  • Brine
  • Ice Beam
  • Surf

Trevevant 50
  • Forest's Curse
  • Destiny Bond
  • Phantom Force
  • Wood Hammer

Any tips are appreciated while I grind out the ones under 70 to at least 65 because I'm gonna really need them to be that high for Diantha x_x;
OY2CZgk.png
Thank you for the info @/Pepperdragon! that makes a lot of sense when I think about it. There isn't much variety at the beginning of the Ultra games huh
Thank you for the info @/Pepperdragon! that makes a lot of sense when I think about it. There isn't much variety at the beginning of the Ultra games huh
d00165ea3be20b3a332165f1cb02d923a7868fe5.png
[quote name="@Pepperdragon" date="2021-10-24 03:18:52" ] I made some changes to my team, swapped out Ninjask for a Trevenant I had as it made more sense for the X elite4. Team so far now: Tyrantrum 70 [LIST] [*]Aerial Ace [*]Crunch [*]Earthquake [*]Rock Slide [/LIST] Snorlax 64 [LIST] [*]Ice Beam [*]Thunderbolt [*]Crunch [*]Power-Up Punch [/LIST] Drapion 55 (honestly I only have him for Gardevoir xD) [LIST] [*]Crunch [*]Venoshock [*]Night Slash [*]Fell Stinger [/LIST] Delphox 77 [LIST] [*]Fire Blast [*]Grass Knot [*]Mystical Fire [*]Psychic [/LIST] Lapras 45 [LIST] [*]Water Pulse [*]Brine [*]Ice Beam [*]Surf [/LIST] Trevevant 50 [LIST] [*]Forest's Curse [*]Destiny Bond [*]Phantom Force [*] Wood Hammer [/LIST] Any tips are appreciated while I grind out the ones under 70 to at least 65 because I'm gonna really need them to be that high for Diantha x_x; [/quote] Hmm, well, I don't know your box? So I can't really recommend any switches, so let's just go through the Pokémon you do have, and their movesets! :) [b]Tyrantrum:[/b] Honestly? I don't really see what Aerial Ace accomplishes here. The Elite Four/Champion have no accuracy/evasion shenanies, so you don't really have to worry about that. In addition to that, there's really nothing it let's your friend here hit hard that they can't already hit hard? I'd recommend replacing it with Stealth Rock, and maybe even replacing Crunch with Dragon Tail to get the most out of it too! I know, that'll take away your Strong Jaw buff, but really, the only pokemon you'd benefit from having Crunch for would be Gourgeist when you look at it, who shouldn't really be an issue with your Drapion! [b]Snorlax:[/b] First off: Snorlax has really low base Sp. Atk, and doesn't really get much from Ice Beam, if I'm being honest. Lapras will already provide you with that ice power you'd want, and while the thunderbolt would be good against Gyarados, in theory, there's also the option of Rock Slide, which might be better in other areas too! Power up punch is a cool move, but tbh, I don't think it accomplishes too much either? Not over, say, EQ or Heavy Slam at least! The attack boosts would be nice, but when are you going to have the time for that? It's not a guarantee, and you may have to switch in the opportunities you do get! I'd go for Heavy Slam personally, since it'd give you a good option against that Gardevior in the final moments! Snorlax is tanky on the special side, so should be able to take a hit from her, and retaliate with extreme damage! Once again, Crunch doesn't accomplish much! Chandelure is already dealt with by other options, and the Gourgeist is basically a sitting duck against your Drapion, so you don't need to worry about that! Body Slam is a great replacement here, for just having a powerful stab, and being able to have the chance at paralysis! [b]Drapion:[/b] This was your option against the Gardevior? Drapion has low Sp. Def, and low HP. I don't think he'd last long at all! On the other hand, that high Def, and lack of resistances, will make him prove useful! I've already mentioned the Gougeist before, as it's the most obvious example of his usefulness to the team, but there are some things that he can do otherwise! Probably the most obvious... Toxic Spikes! These little jerks'll insure you're getting good damage through the whole battle, despite anything else! Lead off with them often, and lay these down, and you'll have consistent damage through the whole battle with that alone! Replace Crunch with this if they have Sniper, but if Battle Armor, than replace Night Slash! Other than that, you could give them Snarl over Fell Stinger, to lower some Sp. Atk! Give them that support role, with some damage on the side! Replace Venoshock with Poison Jab if Battle Armor, or Cross Poison if Sniper! [b]Delphox:[/b] Tbh? your Delphox is really overleveled, and shouldn't have too many issues! I'd replace Mystical Fire with Flamethrower for max damage! And Grass Knot really doesn't do a whole lot against much? The things it does work against are too big a risk for them anyways, so I'd replace it with Calm Mind to get the most damage you can out of them! And than I'd replace Fire Blast with Shadow Ball, as it gets you a lot more neutral coverage! [b]Lapras:[/b] Not too much to consider here really! Ice Beam and Surf cover most of the things you'll need out of them, and than add Thunderbolt, and... well, there's not much more to add? You can add whatever! Even something like Sheer Cold, if you'd like! Once again, I can't think of much else here? :') [b]Trevenant:[/b] Tbh, I don't know what Trevenant is supposed to do on this team? There's not much that isn't already fulfilled, but you can do some stuff with them! I'd give them Leech Seed, for starters! One of the strongest Grass type moves out there, and gives a lot of healing! Some stabs in Horn Leech, and Phantom Force/Shadow Claw, and than... Idk? Substitute or something, to make them tanky as hell in combo with all the healing? :') Alright! That's everything I can think of! Keep in mind that I'm not an expert, so don't think this is law or anything! Just what I'd do with such a team! :)
@Pepperdragon wrote on 2021-10-24 03:18:52:
I made some changes to my team, swapped out Ninjask for a Trevenant I had as it made more sense for the X elite4.

Team so far now:
Tyrantrum 70
  • Aerial Ace
  • Crunch
  • Earthquake
  • Rock Slide

Snorlax 64
  • Ice Beam
  • Thunderbolt
  • Crunch
  • Power-Up Punch

Drapion 55 (honestly I only have him for Gardevoir xD)
  • Crunch
  • Venoshock
  • Night Slash
  • Fell Stinger

Delphox 77
  • Fire Blast
  • Grass Knot
  • Mystical Fire
  • Psychic

Lapras 45
  • Water Pulse
  • Brine
  • Ice Beam
  • Surf

Trevevant 50
  • Forest's Curse
  • Destiny Bond
  • Phantom Force
  • Wood Hammer

Any tips are appreciated while I grind out the ones under 70 to at least 65 because I'm gonna really need them to be that high for Diantha x_x;
Hmm, well, I don't know your box? So I can't really recommend any switches, so let's just go through the Pokémon you do have, and their movesets! :)

Tyrantrum:
Honestly? I don't really see what Aerial Ace accomplishes here. The Elite Four/Champion have no accuracy/evasion shenanies, so you don't really have to worry about that. In addition to that, there's really nothing it let's your friend here hit hard that they can't already hit hard? I'd recommend replacing it with Stealth Rock, and maybe even replacing Crunch with Dragon Tail to get the most out of it too! I know, that'll take away your Strong Jaw buff, but really, the only pokemon you'd benefit from having Crunch for would be Gourgeist when you look at it, who shouldn't really be an issue with your Drapion!

Snorlax:
First off: Snorlax has really low base Sp. Atk, and doesn't really get much from Ice Beam, if I'm being honest. Lapras will already provide you with that ice power you'd want, and while the thunderbolt would be good against Gyarados, in theory, there's also the option of Rock Slide, which might be better in other areas too! Power up punch is a cool move, but tbh, I don't think it accomplishes too much either? Not over, say, EQ or Heavy Slam at least! The attack boosts would be nice, but when are you going to have the time for that? It's not a guarantee, and you may have to switch in the opportunities you do get! I'd go for Heavy Slam personally, since it'd give you a good option against that Gardevior in the final moments! Snorlax is tanky on the special side, so should be able to take a hit from her, and retaliate with extreme damage! Once again, Crunch doesn't accomplish much! Chandelure is already dealt with by other options, and the Gourgeist is basically a sitting duck against your Drapion, so you don't need to worry about that! Body Slam is a great replacement here, for just having a powerful stab, and being able to have the chance at paralysis!

Drapion:

This was your option against the Gardevior? Drapion has low Sp. Def, and low HP. I don't think he'd last long at all! On the other hand, that high Def, and lack of resistances, will make him prove useful! I've already mentioned the Gougeist before, as it's the most obvious example of his usefulness to the team, but there are some things that he can do otherwise! Probably the most obvious... Toxic Spikes! These little jerks'll insure you're getting good damage through the whole battle, despite anything else! Lead off with them often, and lay these down, and you'll have consistent damage through the whole battle with that alone! Replace Crunch with this if they have Sniper, but if Battle Armor, than replace Night Slash! Other than that, you could give them Snarl over Fell Stinger, to lower some Sp. Atk! Give them that support role, with some damage on the side! Replace Venoshock with Poison Jab if Battle Armor, or Cross Poison if Sniper!

Delphox:
Tbh? your Delphox is really overleveled, and shouldn't have too many issues! I'd replace Mystical Fire with Flamethrower for max damage! And Grass Knot really doesn't do a whole lot against much? The things it does work against are too big a risk for them anyways, so I'd replace it with Calm Mind to get the most damage you can out of them! And than I'd replace Fire Blast with Shadow Ball, as it gets you a lot more neutral coverage!

Lapras:

Not too much to consider here really! Ice Beam and Surf cover most of the things you'll need out of them, and than add Thunderbolt, and... well, there's not much more to add? You can add whatever! Even something like Sheer Cold, if you'd like! Once again, I can't think of much else here? :')

Trevenant:

Tbh, I don't know what Trevenant is supposed to do on this team? There's not much that isn't already fulfilled, but you can do some stuff with them! I'd give them Leech Seed, for starters! One of the strongest Grass type moves out there, and gives a lot of healing! Some stabs in Horn Leech, and Phantom Force/Shadow Claw, and than... Idk? Substitute or something, to make them tanky as hell in combo with all the healing? :')

Alright! That's everything I can think of! Keep in mind that I'm not an expert, so don't think this is law or anything! Just what I'd do with such a team! :)
[quote name="LegendaryManpig" date="2021-10-24 13:16:39" ] Hmm, well, I don't know your box? So I can't really recommend any switches, so let's just go through the Pokémon you do have, and their movesets! :) [b]Tyrantrum:[/b] Honestly? I don't really see what Aerial Ace accomplishes here. The Elite Four/Champion have no accuracy/evasion shenanies, so you don't really have to worry about that. In addition to that, there's really nothing it let's your friend here hit hard that they can't already hit hard? I'd recommend replacing it with Stealth Rock, and maybe even replacing Crunch with Dragon Tail to get the most out of it too! I know, that'll take away your Strong Jaw buff, but really, the only pokemon you'd benefit from having Crunch for would be Gourgeist when you look at it, who shouldn't really be an issue with your Drapion! [b]Snorlax:[/b] First off: Snorlax has really low base Sp. Atk, and doesn't really get much from Ice Beam, if I'm being honest. Lapras will already provide you with that ice power you'd want, and while the thunderbolt would be good against Gyarados, in theory, there's also the option of Rock Slide, which might be better in other areas too! Power up punch is a cool move, but tbh, I don't think it accomplishes too much either? Not over, say, EQ or Heavy Slam at least! The attack boosts would be nice, but when are you going to have the time for that? It's not a guarantee, and you may have to switch in the opportunities you do get! I'd go for Heavy Slam personally, since it'd give you a good option against that Gardevior in the final moments! Snorlax is tanky on the special side, so should be able to take a hit from her, and retaliate with extreme damage! Once again, Crunch doesn't accomplish much! Chandelure is already dealt with by other options, and the Gourgeist is basically a sitting duck against your Drapion, so you don't need to worry about that! Body Slam is a great replacement here, for just having a powerful stab, and being able to have the chance at paralysis! [b]Drapion:[/b] This was your option against the Gardevior? Drapion has low Sp. Def, and low HP. I don't think he'd last long at all! On the other hand, that high Def, and lack of resistances, will make him prove useful! I've already mentioned the Gougeist before, as it's the most obvious example of his usefulness to the team, but there are some things that he can do otherwise! Probably the most obvious... Toxic Spikes! These little jerks'll insure you're getting good damage through the whole battle, despite anything else! Lead off with them often, and lay these down, and you'll have consistent damage through the whole battle with that alone! Replace Crunch with this if they have Sniper, but if Battle Armor, than replace Night Slash! Other than that, you could give them Snarl over Fell Stinger, to lower some Sp. Atk! Give them that support role, with some damage on the side! Replace Venoshock with Poison Jab if Battle Armor, or Cross Poison if Sniper! [b]Delphox:[/b] Tbh? your Delphox is really overleveled, and shouldn't have too many issues! I'd replace Mystical Fire with Flamethrower for max damage! And Grass Knot really doesn't do a whole lot against much? The things it does work against are too big a risk for them anyways, so I'd replace it with Calm Mind to get the most damage you can out of them! And than I'd replace Fire Blast with Shadow Ball, as it gets you a lot more neutral coverage! [b]Lapras:[/b] Not too much to consider here really! Ice Beam and Surf cover most of the things you'll need out of them, and than add Thunderbolt, and... well, there's not much more to add? You can add whatever! Even something like Sheer Cold, if you'd like! Once again, I can't think of much else here? :') [b]Trevenant:[/b] Tbh, I don't know what Trevenant is supposed to do on this team? There's not much that isn't already fulfilled, but you can do some stuff with them! I'd give them Leech Seed, for starters! One of the strongest Grass type moves out there, and gives a lot of healing! Some stabs in Horn Leech, and Phantom Force/Shadow Claw, and than... Idk? Substitute or something, to make them tanky as hell in combo with all the healing? :') Alright! That's everything I can think of! Keep in mind that I'm not an expert, so don't think this is law or anything! Just what I'd do with such a team! :) [/quote] My box just has random lv 10-20 mons like nidoran and bugs. Nothing too bad but nothing worth swapping out really. Thanks for the tips! Tyrantrum just had aerial ace for farming the victory road for exp, so he can oneshot the Gurrdurr there hahaha! Otherwise he didn't really have a use for it. Dragon tail is a good suggestion, I hadn't thought about it. Snorlax just has ice beam in case Lapras wouldn't pull through (because at the time I taught him ice beam, I wasn't motivated anymore to level lapras that high :/). Thunderbolt is indeed there to help get rid of the water mons in case I'd need it. Rock slide doesn't really have a use on Snorlax for me at this point I feel like, especially since I already have Tyrantrum to deal with that ^^ Drapion isn't the best, but I don't have another great poison type alternative. Nidoking doesn't really fare much better and he has the psychic weakness :s I could use Trevenant against her, but he isn't that much tougher either x_x Delphox: same story as Tyrantrum haha, grass knot is there because I farmed on rock pokémon at one point and it was easiest to just sweep them with Delphox xD but yeah good idea on the shadow ball! Trevenant is there because my only other "valid" option on the team was Ninjask and I just cba to use Ninjask... It was the spot for Crobat before he died sadly :/ Ninjask can be pretty good but his setup is annoying and not my style, so I'd rather throw in a more heavy hitter. Worst case scenario if Drapion couldn't pull of what he had to do, I could use Trevenant to finish the job or destiny bond gardevoir.
LegendaryManpig wrote on 2021-10-24 13:16:39:
Hmm, well, I don't know your box? So I can't really recommend any switches, so let's just go through the Pokémon you do have, and their movesets! :)

Tyrantrum:
Honestly? I don't really see what Aerial Ace accomplishes here. The Elite Four/Champion have no accuracy/evasion shenanies, so you don't really have to worry about that. In addition to that, there's really nothing it let's your friend here hit hard that they can't already hit hard? I'd recommend replacing it with Stealth Rock, and maybe even replacing Crunch with Dragon Tail to get the most out of it too! I know, that'll take away your Strong Jaw buff, but really, the only pokemon you'd benefit from having Crunch for would be Gourgeist when you look at it, who shouldn't really be an issue with your Drapion!

Snorlax:
First off: Snorlax has really low base Sp. Atk, and doesn't really get much from Ice Beam, if I'm being honest. Lapras will already provide you with that ice power you'd want, and while the thunderbolt would be good against Gyarados, in theory, there's also the option of Rock Slide, which might be better in other areas too! Power up punch is a cool move, but tbh, I don't think it accomplishes too much either? Not over, say, EQ or Heavy Slam at least! The attack boosts would be nice, but when are you going to have the time for that? It's not a guarantee, and you may have to switch in the opportunities you do get! I'd go for Heavy Slam personally, since it'd give you a good option against that Gardevior in the final moments! Snorlax is tanky on the special side, so should be able to take a hit from her, and retaliate with extreme damage! Once again, Crunch doesn't accomplish much! Chandelure is already dealt with by other options, and the Gourgeist is basically a sitting duck against your Drapion, so you don't need to worry about that! Body Slam is a great replacement here, for just having a powerful stab, and being able to have the chance at paralysis!

Drapion:

This was your option against the Gardevior? Drapion has low Sp. Def, and low HP. I don't think he'd last long at all! On the other hand, that high Def, and lack of resistances, will make him prove useful! I've already mentioned the Gougeist before, as it's the most obvious example of his usefulness to the team, but there are some things that he can do otherwise! Probably the most obvious... Toxic Spikes! These little jerks'll insure you're getting good damage through the whole battle, despite anything else! Lead off with them often, and lay these down, and you'll have consistent damage through the whole battle with that alone! Replace Crunch with this if they have Sniper, but if Battle Armor, than replace Night Slash! Other than that, you could give them Snarl over Fell Stinger, to lower some Sp. Atk! Give them that support role, with some damage on the side! Replace Venoshock with Poison Jab if Battle Armor, or Cross Poison if Sniper!

Delphox:
Tbh? your Delphox is really overleveled, and shouldn't have too many issues! I'd replace Mystical Fire with Flamethrower for max damage! And Grass Knot really doesn't do a whole lot against much? The things it does work against are too big a risk for them anyways, so I'd replace it with Calm Mind to get the most damage you can out of them! And than I'd replace Fire Blast with Shadow Ball, as it gets you a lot more neutral coverage!

Lapras:

Not too much to consider here really! Ice Beam and Surf cover most of the things you'll need out of them, and than add Thunderbolt, and... well, there's not much more to add? You can add whatever! Even something like Sheer Cold, if you'd like! Once again, I can't think of much else here? :')

Trevenant:

Tbh, I don't know what Trevenant is supposed to do on this team? There's not much that isn't already fulfilled, but you can do some stuff with them! I'd give them Leech Seed, for starters! One of the strongest Grass type moves out there, and gives a lot of healing! Some stabs in Horn Leech, and Phantom Force/Shadow Claw, and than... Idk? Substitute or something, to make them tanky as hell in combo with all the healing? :')

Alright! That's everything I can think of! Keep in mind that I'm not an expert, so don't think this is law or anything! Just what I'd do with such a team! :)

My box just has random lv 10-20 mons like nidoran and bugs. Nothing too bad but nothing worth swapping out really.

Thanks for the tips!

Tyrantrum just had aerial ace for farming the victory road for exp, so he can oneshot the Gurrdurr there hahaha! Otherwise he didn't really have a use for it. Dragon tail is a good suggestion, I hadn't thought about it.

Snorlax just has ice beam in case Lapras wouldn't pull through (because at the time I taught him ice beam, I wasn't motivated anymore to level lapras that high :/). Thunderbolt is indeed there to help get rid of the water mons in case I'd need it. Rock slide doesn't really have a use on Snorlax for me at this point I feel like, especially since I already have Tyrantrum to deal with that ^^

Drapion isn't the best, but I don't have another great poison type alternative. Nidoking doesn't really fare much better and he has the psychic weakness :s I could use Trevenant against her, but he isn't that much tougher either x_x

Delphox: same story as Tyrantrum haha, grass knot is there because I farmed on rock pokémon at one point and it was easiest to just sweep them with Delphox xD but yeah good idea on the shadow ball!

Trevenant is there because my only other "valid" option on the team was Ninjask and I just cba to use Ninjask... It was the spot for Crobat before he died sadly :/ Ninjask can be pretty good but his setup is annoying and not my style, so I'd rather throw in a more heavy hitter. Worst case scenario if Drapion couldn't pull of what he had to do, I could use Trevenant to finish the job or destiny bond gardevoir.
OY2CZgk.png
I'd still argue that the Ice Beam really won't be doing all that much more than Rock Slide, but it's your choice! :) I'd still recommend either EG or Heavy Slam! Preferably Heavy Slam, since that'll destroy the Gardevior!

Drapion will be useful for Toxic Spikes, as that's a lot of consistent damage over the course of most of the battles, as none of the elite four/champion can clear hazards! Once again: Drapion will take a lot of damage from the Mega Gardevior, so I wouldn't recommend trying that! Drapion still serves a role though, with high potential damage output, and support! I think you're really underestimating him here!

Other than that, I can't really argue too
I'd still argue that the Ice Beam really won't be doing all that much more than Rock Slide, but it's your choice! :) I'd still recommend either EG or Heavy Slam! Preferably Heavy Slam, since that'll destroy the Gardevior!

Drapion will be useful for Toxic Spikes, as that's a lot of consistent damage over the course of most of the battles, as none of the elite four/champion can clear hazards! Once again: Drapion will take a lot of damage from the Mega Gardevior, so I wouldn't recommend trying that! Drapion still serves a role though, with high potential damage output, and support! I think you're really underestimating him here!

Other than that, I can't really argue too
Can you add me to the list? I'm actually running two at once right now while I'm on break.

On my computer, I'm slowly chipping away at a blind Nuzlocke of the HGSS hack Storm Silver. I lost count of my attempts long ago because for all my enthusiasm for Nuzlockes, I'm very bad at them. Anyway, I'm currently grinding for Falkner (everyone at Lv. 15) on that one. This attempt hasn't given me a single Electric or Rock type, so I'm not hopeful. I'd rather not even evolve my free Eevee into Jolteon or Glaceon because she has a Brave Nature, which favors Attack and both of those are Special attackers. Current team:
  • Radish: Male Cyndaquil. Lv. 11. Impish Nature (+Def -SpAtk). Blaze.
  • Tofu: Female Eevee (will evolve into Leafeon). Lv. 10. Brave Nature (+Atk -Spd). Run Away.
  • Old Bay: Male Krabby. Lv. 11. Relaxed Nature (+Def -Spd). Shed Skin.
  • Butter: Male Makuhita. Lv. 11. Adamant Nature (+Atk -SpAtk). Thick Fat.
  • Pea: Female Natu. Lv. 11. Bashful Nature (neutral). Early Bird.
  • Luna: Female Starly. Lv. 11. Careful Nature (+SpDef -SpAtk). Keen Eye.

Then, on handheld, I'm doing a semi-blind (haven't played it in years or completed it since it came out) run of Y, since it was an easier game. The nickname theme in this one is JoJo characters:
  • Caesar: Male Frogadier. Lv. 18. Serious (neutral) Nature. Torrent.
  • Erina: Female (as always) Flabebe. Lv. 17. Impish (+Def -SpAtk) Nature. Flower Veil.
  • Dire: Male Roselia. Lv. 17. Quiet (+SpAtk -Spd) Nature. Poison Point.
  • ZZ: Male Bunnelby. Lv. 17. Impish (+Def -SpAtk) Nature again. Pickup.
  • Jotaro: Male Pancham. Lv. 17. Sassy (+SpDef -Spd) Nature. Iron Fist.
  • Killer Queen: Female Litleo. Lv. 19. Impish (+Def -SpAtk) Nature AGAIN. Unnerve.
I've already had some deaths that hurt in this one; I've lost a Pikachu, a Fletchling, and a newly evolved Ivysaur. Right now, I'm about to enter Connecting Cave. Let's hope for something good. Update: it was a Whismur, the worst possible encounter I could have gotten there. But on Route 8, I got an Absol!
Can you add me to the list? I'm actually running two at once right now while I'm on break.

On my computer, I'm slowly chipping away at a blind Nuzlocke of the HGSS hack Storm Silver. I lost count of my attempts long ago because for all my enthusiasm for Nuzlockes, I'm very bad at them. Anyway, I'm currently grinding for Falkner (everyone at Lv. 15) on that one. This attempt hasn't given me a single Electric or Rock type, so I'm not hopeful. I'd rather not even evolve my free Eevee into Jolteon or Glaceon because she has a Brave Nature, which favors Attack and both of those are Special attackers. Current team:
  • Radish: Male Cyndaquil. Lv. 11. Impish Nature (+Def -SpAtk). Blaze.
  • Tofu: Female Eevee (will evolve into Leafeon). Lv. 10. Brave Nature (+Atk -Spd). Run Away.
  • Old Bay: Male Krabby. Lv. 11. Relaxed Nature (+Def -Spd). Shed Skin.
  • Butter: Male Makuhita. Lv. 11. Adamant Nature (+Atk -SpAtk). Thick Fat.
  • Pea: Female Natu. Lv. 11. Bashful Nature (neutral). Early Bird.
  • Luna: Female Starly. Lv. 11. Careful Nature (+SpDef -SpAtk). Keen Eye.

Then, on handheld, I'm doing a semi-blind (haven't played it in years or completed it since it came out) run of Y, since it was an easier game. The nickname theme in this one is JoJo characters:
  • Caesar: Male Frogadier. Lv. 18. Serious (neutral) Nature. Torrent.
  • Erina: Female (as always) Flabebe. Lv. 17. Impish (+Def -SpAtk) Nature. Flower Veil.
  • Dire: Male Roselia. Lv. 17. Quiet (+SpAtk -Spd) Nature. Poison Point.
  • ZZ: Male Bunnelby. Lv. 17. Impish (+Def -SpAtk) Nature again. Pickup.
  • Jotaro: Male Pancham. Lv. 17. Sassy (+SpDef -Spd) Nature. Iron Fist.
  • Killer Queen: Female Litleo. Lv. 19. Impish (+Def -SpAtk) Nature AGAIN. Unnerve.
I've already had some deaths that hurt in this one; I've lost a Pikachu, a Fletchling, and a newly evolved Ivysaur. Right now, I'm about to enter Connecting Cave. Let's hope for something good. Update: it was a Whismur, the worst possible encounter I could have gotten there. But on Route 8, I got an Absol!
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14