Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [HUB] Pokémon Nuzlocke Challenge
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
Yeah sure, I can be a member! I wasn't aware Ultra games were hard to nuzlocke, is there a particular reason? I probably will go with ORAS, as I'm much more familiar with it compared to Pearl. Hoenn was the first region I played so I have a soft spot for it aha. What's your favorite region, then?
Yeah sure, I can be a member! I wasn't aware Ultra games were hard to nuzlocke, is there a particular reason? I probably will go with ORAS, as I'm much more familiar with it compared to Pearl. Hoenn was the first region I played so I have a soft spot for it aha. What's your favorite region, then?
d00165ea3be20b3a332165f1cb02d923a7868fe5.png
That's valid! I don't hate the region or anything? And I actually like the first half or so of it? But thing is... I hate water routes personally. They're just not fun to travel across at all, and feel very samey. Having a few is fine, especially when they have their own mechanics to make them stand out, but Hoenn has... a lot of them. Very personal reason there! As far as Nuzlockes are concerned, I'd say the Hoenn games are pretty good though! I like doing Nuzlockes on my Omega Ruby copy! :)

Hmm, I'd have to go with either Sinnoh, or Unova? I love how diverse Sinnoh feels! It really feels far more like a living, breathing land than most of the others in the game! Even when that leads to annoying mechanics (the Marshy areas, deep snow, fog, etc.) than it really does lend to those feelings of wonder and intrigue in me! I love exploring it, and enjoying the little things, y'know? Though they are the biggest time commitment in the franchise, so there's that! And as for Nuzlocking, they don't have the same variety as a lot of the other games do.

Unova, on the other hand, has a lot of similarities in a lot of areas, but honestly? I think that it manages to give even that a lot of personality, and they're great to Nuzlocke as well! Lots of variety! Probably the best looking games in the franchise! Maybe a bit too many cutscenes from a Nuzlocke standpoint? Still, it's a lot of fun, and I love the region a lot! I know some people say it's "too linear," but when you look at an accurate map of the region, you'll see just how inaccurate that actually is? There's a lot to explore, and to do!
That's valid! I don't hate the region or anything? And I actually like the first half or so of it? But thing is... I hate water routes personally. They're just not fun to travel across at all, and feel very samey. Having a few is fine, especially when they have their own mechanics to make them stand out, but Hoenn has... a lot of them. Very personal reason there! As far as Nuzlockes are concerned, I'd say the Hoenn games are pretty good though! I like doing Nuzlockes on my Omega Ruby copy! :)

Hmm, I'd have to go with either Sinnoh, or Unova? I love how diverse Sinnoh feels! It really feels far more like a living, breathing land than most of the others in the game! Even when that leads to annoying mechanics (the Marshy areas, deep snow, fog, etc.) than it really does lend to those feelings of wonder and intrigue in me! I love exploring it, and enjoying the little things, y'know? Though they are the biggest time commitment in the franchise, so there's that! And as for Nuzlocking, they don't have the same variety as a lot of the other games do.

Unova, on the other hand, has a lot of similarities in a lot of areas, but honestly? I think that it manages to give even that a lot of personality, and they're great to Nuzlocke as well! Lots of variety! Probably the best looking games in the franchise! Maybe a bit too many cutscenes from a Nuzlocke standpoint? Still, it's a lot of fun, and I love the region a lot! I know some people say it's "too linear," but when you look at an accurate map of the region, you'll see just how inaccurate that actually is? There's a lot to explore, and to do!
Oh! I forgot to talk about the Ultra games! I'm not exactly sure? All I know is that they're one of the hardest. I personally... kind of hate them, for how they ruined the story, and character arcs, but that's not important from a Nuzlocke standpoint, so I won't get into it. So, I can't really answer that. All I know is that they're notorious for their difficulty to Nuzlocke. Also, an update: my Bouffalant got crit, and died, to a random wild Stoutland... :( Here's my team now! Even more grinding awaits me. :') Also, replaced Kazi, since they were just there for the Dragons. [img]https://i.ibb.co/tbbGD0H/Pokemon-White-Nuzlocke-3023.png[/img]
Oh! I forgot to talk about the Ultra games! I'm not exactly sure? All I know is that they're one of the hardest. I personally... kind of hate them, for how they ruined the story, and character arcs, but that's not important from a Nuzlocke standpoint, so I won't get into it. So, I can't really answer that. All I know is that they're notorious for their difficulty to Nuzlocke.

Also, an update: my Bouffalant got crit, and died, to a random wild Stoutland... :( Here's my team now! Even more grinding awaits me. :') Also, replaced Kazi, since they were just there for the Dragons.
Pokemon-White-Nuzlocke-3023.png
ah, rip to Honey... i'm sure Sakura and Wicked can catch up fast!

as for me, Monosense keeps fainting all of my encounters still :( even a Delta Aron, one of my favorite deltas... (edit: just remembered it was Dancer, one-shotted it with Water Gun) i DID manage to catch two more pokemon though! a Delta Sliggoo and a Raichu (which was holding a RELIC BAND that can be sold for 100K POKEDOLLARS)
i got JUMPSCARED in Midna Mine when an Ivysaur nearly one-shot Dancer D: fortunately she was alright

i also managed to find a Master Ball which uh. will come in handy for if i find a legendary

Current Team
Monosense - lvl. 18 Eevee, female | Lax + Highly curious
Dancer - lvl. 16 Delta Sliggoo, female | Impish + Likes to thrash about
Tamaya - lvl. 18 Raichu, male | Relaxed + Likes to relax (lol)
ah, rip to Honey... i'm sure Sakura and Wicked can catch up fast!

as for me, Monosense keeps fainting all of my encounters still :( even a Delta Aron, one of my favorite deltas... (edit: just remembered it was Dancer, one-shotted it with Water Gun) i DID manage to catch two more pokemon though! a Delta Sliggoo and a Raichu (which was holding a RELIC BAND that can be sold for 100K POKEDOLLARS)
i got JUMPSCARED in Midna Mine when an Ivysaur nearly one-shot Dancer D: fortunately she was alright

i also managed to find a Master Ball which uh. will come in handy for if i find a legendary

Current Team
Monosense - lvl. 18 Eevee, female | Lax + Highly curious
Dancer - lvl. 16 Delta Sliggoo, female | Impish + Likes to thrash about
Tamaya - lvl. 18 Raichu, male | Relaxed + Likes to relax (lol)
Dang! Monosense is kind of savage, ngl! :o "Lax" indeed, lol! And Tamaya is... so relaxed, you wouldn't believe! So much so, they have to be called relaxed twice to convey it! It is kind of unfortunate though that you're not getting those Pokémon. :') Oh well! I wish you lots of luck! I'm sure you find, like, an Arceus or something soon! :) Also! Yeah! I'm sure they will, hehe! Grinding is going well, if slow! Here's a screenshot of how they're doing! :) [img]https://i.ibb.co/wLzds3Q/Pokemon-White-Nuzlocke-8154.png[/img]
Dang! Monosense is kind of savage, ngl! :o "Lax" indeed, lol! And Tamaya is... so relaxed, you wouldn't believe! So much so, they have to be called relaxed twice to convey it! It is kind of unfortunate though that you're not getting those Pokémon. :') Oh well! I wish you lots of luck! I'm sure you find, like, an Arceus or something soon! :)

Also! Yeah! I'm sure they will, hehe! Grinding is going well, if slow! Here's a screenshot of how they're doing! :)
Pokemon-White-Nuzlocke-8154.png
Interesting how your nuzlocke team is similar to my og team when I played! I also had a Lilligant, Chandelure, and Reuniclus. Although some of yours are't fully evolved yet aha

Totally valid that you dislike the water routes, there are a lot! When I was a kid I always picked Mudkip so they always ended up having all the Water HMs. It's funny, I dislike Sinnoh for its annoying mechanics, so it's interesting that you like it for that. I'm also pretty unfamiliar with it though, having never finished a game in that region. I quite like Unova as well, the sprites in that game are so gorgeous and pretty. The characters are great as well! If I do end up completing a Sapphire nuzlocke I may do White next :)
Interesting how your nuzlocke team is similar to my og team when I played! I also had a Lilligant, Chandelure, and Reuniclus. Although some of yours are't fully evolved yet aha

Totally valid that you dislike the water routes, there are a lot! When I was a kid I always picked Mudkip so they always ended up having all the Water HMs. It's funny, I dislike Sinnoh for its annoying mechanics, so it's interesting that you like it for that. I'm also pretty unfamiliar with it though, having never finished a game in that region. I quite like Unova as well, the sprites in that game are so gorgeous and pretty. The characters are great as well! If I do end up completing a Sapphire nuzlocke I may do White next :)
d00165ea3be20b3a332165f1cb02d923a7868fe5.png
about to grind for the first gym, i've started on the Broadcast Tower sidequests so that i'd have something to do. the first quest only gave me a Simisear, but the second... uh. [img]https://i.imgur.com/BOZLkZ7.png[/img] i used the Master Ball, to say the least [i]Current Team[/i] Monosense - lvl. 19 Eevee, female | Lax + Highly curious Dancer - lvl. 19 Delta Sliggoo, female | Impish + Likes to thrash about Tamaya - lvl. 19 Raichu, male | Relaxed + Likes to relax (lol) Freedom - lvl. 17 Fletchling > Fletchinder (evolved a short while after i caught him), male | Mild, Quick tempered Isotope - lvl. 18 Delta Typhlosion, female | Bold + Often dozes off Cyanine - lvl. 25 [b]DELTA HOOPA[/b] | Serious + Likes to run (...with what legs?) [i]Boxed[/i] Affair - lvl. 15 Wingull, male | Bold + Likes to thrash about Disco - lvl. 20 Simisear, male | Hasty + Likes to run if i lose Cyanine i will be SO MAD
about to grind for the first gym, i've started on the Broadcast Tower sidequests so that i'd have something to do. the first quest only gave me a Simisear, but the second...

uh.
BOZLkZ7.png
i used the Master Ball, to say the least

Current Team
Monosense - lvl. 19 Eevee, female | Lax + Highly curious
Dancer - lvl. 19 Delta Sliggoo, female | Impish + Likes to thrash about
Tamaya - lvl. 19 Raichu, male | Relaxed + Likes to relax (lol)
Freedom - lvl. 17 Fletchling > Fletchinder (evolved a short while after i caught him), male | Mild, Quick tempered
Isotope - lvl. 18 Delta Typhlosion, female | Bold + Often dozes off
Cyanine - lvl. 25 DELTA HOOPA | Serious + Likes to run (...with what legs?)

Boxed
Affair - lvl. 15 Wingull, male | Bold + Likes to thrash about
Disco - lvl. 20 Simisear, male | Hasty + Likes to run

if i lose Cyanine i will be SO MAD
YOOO!! That's an awesome find! Congrats Bluebird! :D That Master Ball really came in handy, huh? :D Good luck with the grind! Mine has been going slowly, but steadily! I look forward to it finally being over, hehe! Rn I'm looking for Light Clay with my Purrloin using thief! I want to make Goop a screen setter! :)

Also, that's valid to not like Sinnoh! I won't lie and say it doesn't have it's flaws, but it is by far my favorite region itself! I'm happy to talk to someone with a different perspective than me though! Gives me another view than mine, y'know? :)
YOOO!! That's an awesome find! Congrats Bluebird! :D That Master Ball really came in handy, huh? :D Good luck with the grind! Mine has been going slowly, but steadily! I look forward to it finally being over, hehe! Rn I'm looking for Light Clay with my Purrloin using thief! I want to make Goop a screen setter! :)

Also, that's valid to not like Sinnoh! I won't lie and say it doesn't have it's flaws, but it is by far my favorite region itself! I'm happy to talk to someone with a different perspective than me though! Gives me another view than mine, y'know? :)
is it possible to do a let's go eevee nuzlocke
is it possible to do a let's go eevee nuzlocke
Untitled424_20230617211922.png yo im arsonistfurry
im just a dude tbh
he/they
trans rights
ping meeeeeeee
art shop
Untitled419_20230616190853.png
Hmm, probably? I'd have no idea what it'd look like though, given the very different way wild encounters and catching goes? :') There's probably a way to make it work, but it'd have to be a lot different probably. Maybe allow catching encounters that aren't the first, but they're immediately released, so you can still kind of grind?
Hmm, probably? I'd have no idea what it'd look like though, given the very different way wild encounters and catching goes? :') There's probably a way to make it work, but it'd have to be a lot different probably. Maybe allow catching encounters that aren't the first, but they're immediately released, so you can still kind of grind?
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14