Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [HUB] Pokémon Nuzlocke Challenge
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
[quote name="LegendaryManpig" date="2021-10-22 21:10:57" ] Here's my current team. As you can see, I have a lot of grinding to do before I'll be ready for the Elite Four. :') [img]https://i.ibb.co/WFtdwDQ/Pokemon-White-Nuzlocke-2067.png[/img] [/quote] Not a bad team! I've found Reuniclus to be a super OP psychic type! I was doing an X run myself but I lost a lot of motivation as the team I had left right before the Elite 4 wasn't bad but also not good ;w; Also grinding rip. Current team: Monch the Snorlax Lv.64 Allo the Tyrantrum Lv.70 Quoar the Drapion Lv.55 Maple the Delphox Lv.77 Lorelei the Lapras Lv.44 Chip the Ninjask Lv.41 I honestly went for Ninjask cause the only flying types I have are Butterfree, Fletchinder, Farfetch'd and Ninjask, but I didn't want to go with Fletchinder because of the fire type and Farfetch'd just isn't very good... Deaths: Melon the Ivysaur Lv.30 Moopsie the Floette Lv.46 Cinnamon the Pumpkaboo Lv.39 Octavia the Crobat Lv.58 (this one was VERY painful) Manu the Lucario Lv.61 Reas the Xerneas Lv.50 I'm probably going to get 1 of the remakes of Diamond/Pearl, but I'm not sure if I'll do a nuzlocke from the getgo!
LegendaryManpig wrote on 2021-10-22 21:10:57:
Here's my current team. As you can see, I have a lot of grinding to do before I'll be ready for the Elite Four. :')
Pokemon-White-Nuzlocke-2067.png

Not a bad team! I've found Reuniclus to be a super OP psychic type!

I was doing an X run myself but I lost a lot of motivation as the team I had left right before the Elite 4 wasn't bad but also not good ;w; Also grinding rip.

Current team:
Monch the Snorlax Lv.64
Allo the Tyrantrum Lv.70
Quoar the Drapion Lv.55
Maple the Delphox Lv.77
Lorelei the Lapras Lv.44
Chip the Ninjask Lv.41

I honestly went for Ninjask cause the only flying types I have are Butterfree, Fletchinder, Farfetch'd and Ninjask, but I didn't want to go with Fletchinder because of the fire type and Farfetch'd just isn't very good...

Deaths:
Melon the Ivysaur Lv.30
Moopsie the Floette Lv.46
Cinnamon the Pumpkaboo Lv.39
Octavia the Crobat Lv.58 (this one was VERY painful)
Manu the Lucario Lv.61
Reas the Xerneas Lv.50

I'm probably going to get 1 of the remakes of Diamond/Pearl, but I'm not sure if I'll do a nuzlocke from the getgo!
OY2CZgk.png
@Pepperdragon Hello there! Would you like to be added to the members list? :)

Ooh, that's valid! Yeah, I get that! It can be hard to be motivated when you don't have a team you're really attached to! Literally the only member of my team who's part of a previous team was Kazi, who swept Iris for that 8th gym badge! Did it with over 100HP too! The rest are new, since I lost so many members in a short period of time. It started with me losing Morphei, my Musharna, who was kind of the backbone of the team? Dream went by dream/mist, and was just incredibly tanky, and able to dish out some hurt too! Unfortunately went down to an unfortunate crit at the worst moment.

After that, without mist there to take some heat, and without another trained for the task yet, than my team really started feeling the impact of mists loss! The next loss was Roundmeal, my Darmanitan, who got hit a bit too hard as I was letting Leech Seed whittle down a Fraxure who'd gotten up a few Dragon Dances, since Icicle Crash missed a few times. :( Luckily I did manage to get that leech seed up, and was franticly switching to try and survive. Only one death with Roundmeal, who went by she/her.

After that, the rest of the gym went smoothly. Kazi swept Iris without an issue, and I got the badge. Than I went to fight Cheren... and he killed three of my Pokémon. First, he killed Trashbaby, my Garbodor. I don't remember what exactly happened there? It was all a blur honestly. That whole fight was. Either way, he next killed Campbell, my Seismitoad, who'd been with me since before the 2nd gym. And finally? He killed Joseph, my Serperior. My starter. My very first Pokémon. That was a truly devastating loss. I almost quit then and there, but I couldn't just give up. They all wanted me to continue on, I know it. They want me to succeed! I'll do this... for them. For all of them. I've come too far to give in now.

So, here I am. Training up a group of newbies to take on Victory Road, than the Elite 4 + Team Plasma. It's slow going, but at least Comet doesn't need a whole lot? They're already strong, after all. But the rest will need a lot of training.

Good luck on your Nuzlocke! I believe in you! And I know your Pokemon do too! All of them! :) You've got this! Also, I'll probably be Nuzlocking them too, when they come out! I'm really excited for them! Though I do hope you can turn the Exp. Share off this time? By far the worst decision they made in SwSh imo. Don't get me wrong! I love the games to death! Just that decision does make them a lot less interesting from a gameplay standpoint, and they're notoriously easy at this point. :')

Ooh, that's valid! Yeah, I get that! It can be hard to be motivated when you don't have a team you're really attached to! Literally the only member of my team who's part of a previous team was Kazi, who swept Iris for that 8th gym badge! Did it with over 100HP too! The rest are new, since I lost so many members in a short period of time. It started with me losing Morphei, my Musharna, who was kind of the backbone of the team? Dream went by dream/mist, and was just incredibly tanky, and able to dish out some hurt too! Unfortunately went down to an unfortunate crit at the worst moment.

After that, without mist there to take some heat, and without another trained for the task yet, than my team really started feeling the impact of mists loss! The next loss was Roundmeal, my Darmanitan, who got hit a bit too hard as I was letting Leech Seed whittle down a Fraxure who'd gotten up a few Dragon Dances, since Icicle Crash missed a few times. :( Luckily I did manage to get that leech seed up, and was franticly switching to try and survive. Only one death with Roundmeal, who went by she/her.

After that, the rest of the gym went smoothly. Kazi swept Iris without an issue, and I got the badge. Than I went to fight Cheren... and he killed three of my Pokémon. First, he killed Trashbaby, my Garbodor. I don't remember what exactly happened there? It was all a blur honestly. That whole fight was. Either way, he next killed Campbell, my Seismitoad, who'd been with me since before the 2nd gym. And finally? He killed Joseph, my Serperior. My starter. My very first Pokémon. That was a truly devastating loss. I almost quit then and there, but I couldn't just give up. They all wanted me to continue on, I know it. They want me to succeed! I'll do this... for them. For all of them. I've come too far to give in now.

So, here I am. Training up a group of newbies to take on Victory Road, than the Elite 4 + Team Plasma. It's slow going, but at least Comet doesn't need a whole lot? They're already strong, after all. But the rest will need a lot of training.

Good luck on your Nuzlocke! I believe in you! And I know your Pokemon do too! All of them! :) You've got this! Also, I'll probably be Nuzlocking them too, when they come out! I'm really excited for them! Though I do hope you can turn the Exp. Share off this time? By far the worst decision they made in SwSh imo. Don't get me wrong! I love the games to death! Just that decision does make them a lot less interesting from a gameplay standpoint, and they're notoriously easy at this point. :')
ooh nuzlocke hub

i've never completed a nuzlocke.. u-u i either lose interest, lose the file (like with my latest attempt on a firered ROM hack) or lose a pokemon and decide that never touching the file again is a valid option

...though i wanna try again. i'd like to try an insurgence randomizer nuzlocke seeing as how it has both of those things built in and i find the deltas to be neat though i probably wont let the game enforce it seeing as how i don't know when the game will enforce nuzlocke rules and potentially screw me over

i just have to....redownload insurgence....

(also you can put me on the members list)
ooh nuzlocke hub

i've never completed a nuzlocke.. u-u i either lose interest, lose the file (like with my latest attempt on a firered ROM hack) or lose a pokemon and decide that never touching the file again is a valid option

...though i wanna try again. i'd like to try an insurgence randomizer nuzlocke seeing as how it has both of those things built in and i find the deltas to be neat though i probably wont let the game enforce it seeing as how i don't know when the game will enforce nuzlocke rules and potentially screw me over

i just have to....redownload insurgence....

(also you can put me on the members list)
That's valid! I get not wanting to touch a run after losing an important Pokémon to you! It's always really hard to feel motivated anymore, after that. :') I've completed a few Nuzlockes? Though I usually lose someone important early, and lose heart. I'm trying to be better about that! This time, I'm still in it, despite how many losses I've had! Around 10-12 so far, I think? It's hard, but I want to see this through to the end, and I'm so close!

And I've never really touched fangames before? Nor do I like randomizer Nuzlockes very much personally! Less strategy, and far, far more luck involved, which isn't really fun to me. Maybe someday? :')
That's valid! I get not wanting to touch a run after losing an important Pokémon to you! It's always really hard to feel motivated anymore, after that. :') I've completed a few Nuzlockes? Though I usually lose someone important early, and lose heart. I'm trying to be better about that! This time, I'm still in it, despite how many losses I've had! Around 10-12 so far, I think? It's hard, but I want to see this through to the end, and I'm so close!

And I've never really touched fangames before? Nor do I like randomizer Nuzlockes very much personally! Less strategy, and far, far more luck involved, which isn't really fun to me. Maybe someday? :')
starting the run >:3c my first encounter ever was a ditto, and considering that you start the game with a mew for a while that was pretty funny

i also got a mega stone as my first item. here we go agai-n

starter options are Kadabra, Reuniclus, and...

Eevee.

i got a random Eevee as a starter option.

i'm tempted to pick it to be funny
starting the run >:3c my first encounter ever was a ditto, and considering that you start the game with a mew for a while that was pretty funny

i also got a mega stone as my first item. here we go agai-n

starter options are Kadabra, Reuniclus, and...

Eevee.

i got a random Eevee as a starter option.

i'm tempted to pick it to be funny
Ooh! Those are some cool options! Tbh, you'd be best off going for the Blobby, but Eevee has the most versatility in the long run, so y'know! All three of them are strong options though realistically! Maybe roll a d6 for it or something? It's divisible by 3, so you it'd be as good as a hypothetical d3! :)
Ooh! Those are some cool options! Tbh, you'd be best off going for the Blobby, but Eevee has the most versatility in the long run, so y'know! All three of them are strong options though realistically! Maybe roll a d6 for it or something? It's divisible by 3, so you it'd be as good as a hypothetical d3! :)
ended up picking the Eevee! named her Monosense, i'm going with a song theme for nicknames

and also ended up failing the first 4 encounters i got :,) they were a Luxray, delta Pichu, UXIE? and Nidorina. Eevee too strong pls nerf

hopefully Mono calms down....so i can get a second party member.... i said something along the lines of "maybe i should just start throwing pokeballs immediately when i encounter something" and then Uxie showed up
ended up picking the Eevee! named her Monosense, i'm going with a song theme for nicknames

and also ended up failing the first 4 encounters i got :,) they were a Luxray, delta Pichu, UXIE? and Nidorina. Eevee too strong pls nerf

hopefully Mono calms down....so i can get a second party member.... i said something along the lines of "maybe i should just start throwing pokeballs immediately when i encounter something" and then Uxie showed up
[quote name="LegendaryManpig" date="2021-10-23 10:38:34" ] @Pepperdragon Hello there! Would you like to be added to the members list? :) Ooh, that's valid! Yeah, I get that! It can be hard to be motivated when you don't have a team you're really attached to! Literally the only member of my team who's part of a previous team was Kazi, who swept Iris for that 8th gym badge! Did it with over 100HP too! The rest are new, since I lost so many members in a short period of time. It started with me losing Morphei, my Musharna, who was kind of the backbone of the team? Dream went by dream/mist, and was just incredibly tanky, and able to dish out some hurt too! Unfortunately went down to an unfortunate crit at the worst moment. After that, without mist there to take some heat, and without another trained for the task yet, than my team really started feeling the impact of mists loss! The next loss was Roundmeal, my Darmanitan, who got hit a bit too hard as I was letting Leech Seed whittle down a Fraxure who'd gotten up a few Dragon Dances, since Icicle Crash missed a few times. :( Luckily I did manage to get that leech seed up, and was franticly switching to try and survive. Only one death with Roundmeal, who went by she/her. After that, the rest of the gym went smoothly. Kazi swept Iris without an issue, and I got the badge. Than I went to fight Cheren... and he killed three of my Pokémon. First, he killed Trashbaby, my Garbodor. I don't remember what exactly happened there? It was all a blur honestly. That whole fight was. Either way, he next killed Campbell, my Seismitoad, who'd been with me since before the 2nd gym. And finally? He killed Joseph, my Serperior. My starter. My very first Pokémon. That was a truly devastating loss. I almost quit then and there, but I couldn't just give up. They all wanted me to continue on, I know it. They want me to succeed! I'll do this... for them. For all of them. I've come too far to give in now. So, here I am. Training up a group of newbies to take on Victory Road, than the Elite 4 + Team Plasma. It's slow going, but at least Comet doesn't need a whole lot? They're already strong, after all. But the rest will need a lot of training. Good luck on your Nuzlocke! I believe in you! And I know your Pokemon do too! All of them! :) You've got this! Also, I'll probably be Nuzlocking them too, when they come out! I'm really excited for them! Though I do hope you can turn the Exp. Share off this time? By far the worst decision they made in SwSh imo. Don't get me wrong! I love the games to death! Just that decision does make them a lot less interesting from a gameplay standpoint, and they're notoriously easy at this point. :') [/quote] Sure, you can add me to the list :) Oof, losing Seismitoad and Serperior is very, VERY painful ;/ I never played with Musharna myself as I've always been unlucky in nuzlockes but I hear they can be very powerful... Good luck getting the grind done! I just need to find the motivation to pick up the grind again cause the best spot I can grind in has mons pretty powerful against mine... I need to grind it out with Snorlax and Delphox, which would go pretty fast if Delphox could also oneshot the Druddigons in there, or if Snorlax could oneshot the Gurdurr (or Conkeldurr I forget haha) in there... I might sound whiny but needing to switch mons makes grinding so tedious hehe :')) I didn't play SwSh for reasons, but yeah I agree the exp share makes it somewhat easier to level them all up. As someone with a little less time these days I don't really mind the "help" the exp shares give, as it makes the grind a bit less tedious for me... But it would be nice to be able to turn it off yeah, so everyone can enjoy it at their pace! I think I might give the new game (probably Shining Diamond cause I just love Dialga) a go with a locke from the start, because I already know what my team will be if I don't xD I /will/ be upset if I don't get a Shinx though, I really love having it in my team! But I will probably start with either Chimchar or Piplup, try to get Shinx and Starly, then and Zubat (I don't think I have done a locke without Golbat/Crobat xD). Probably will have to start with Chimchar because there are like 0 fire types in this entire game :| The only other one you can get is Ponyta and slim chance to actually get it, which leaves very little options for fire moves... You only really need a fire type for the 2nd gym, but still :') Also Infernape being able to learn Toxic is pretty sweet for chipping away at enemies.
LegendaryManpig wrote on 2021-10-23 10:38:34:

Sure, you can add me to the list :)

Oof, losing Seismitoad and Serperior is very, VERY painful ;/ I never played with Musharna myself as I've always been unlucky in nuzlockes but I hear they can be very powerful... Good luck getting the grind done!

I just need to find the motivation to pick up the grind again cause the best spot I can grind in has mons pretty powerful against mine... I need to grind it out with Snorlax and Delphox, which would go pretty fast if Delphox could also oneshot the Druddigons in there, or if Snorlax could oneshot the Gurdurr (or Conkeldurr I forget haha) in there... I might sound whiny but needing to switch mons makes grinding so tedious hehe :'))

I didn't play SwSh for reasons, but yeah I agree the exp share makes it somewhat easier to level them all up. As someone with a little less time these days I don't really mind the "help" the exp shares give, as it makes the grind a bit less tedious for me... But it would be nice to be able to turn it off yeah, so everyone can enjoy it at their pace! I think I might give the new game (probably Shining Diamond cause I just love Dialga) a go with a locke from the start, because I already know what my team will be if I don't xD

I /will/ be upset if I don't get a Shinx though, I really love having it in my team! But I will probably start with either Chimchar or Piplup, try to get Shinx and Starly, then and Zubat (I don't think I have done a locke without Golbat/Crobat xD).

Probably will have to start with Chimchar because there are like 0 fire types in this entire game :| The only other one you can get is Ponyta and slim chance to actually get it, which leaves very little options for fire moves... You only really need a fire type for the 2nd gym, but still :') Also Infernape being able to learn Toxic is pretty sweet for chipping away at enemies.
OY2CZgk.png
Hiya!! Nuzlockes have always interested me, although I've never done one myself. I definitely want to eventually though!! Although I'm not sure which game I'd want to do one for. I have Pearl, White, Alpha Sapphire, and Ultra Sun, any suggestions on which would be the nicest to a nuzlocke newbie? The one I haven't played in like 3 years is ORAS, so maybe I could revisit it as a nuzlocke!
Hiya!! Nuzlockes have always interested me, although I've never done one myself. I definitely want to eventually though!! Although I'm not sure which game I'd want to do one for. I have Pearl, White, Alpha Sapphire, and Ultra Sun, any suggestions on which would be the nicest to a nuzlocke newbie? The one I haven't played in like 3 years is ORAS, so maybe I could revisit it as a nuzlocke!
d00165ea3be20b3a332165f1cb02d923a7868fe5.png
Yeah, it was painful, and I don't really have too many amazing replacements. I've gotten a lot of grass types, which is nice, but I don't really know if I should switch one in? I've messed with my team comp a lot to try and make what I have available work, and I know I want to take Celadon, Goo, and Comet. Maybe I'll post a pic of my pc, and take some suggestions?

That's valid! Motivation can be hard sometimes! Especially with how painful grinding can be! I don't think you come off as whiny, btw! I mean, I've been complaining about the grind since the start of this thread, lol! Nothing wrong with it! :)

And that's valid! I love the games personally, but the Exp. Share being forced is my only major issue. Without that, I'd have had a lot more fun. I much preferred the previous 2 gens, where you could toggle it on and off. Made grinding better, without nuking the challenge of them as much.

Y'know, I've played Platinum many times -my copy's still in good condition and everything -and... the 2nd gym really doesn't require a fire type imo? You can easily take it on with a Staravia, which you're almost guaranteed, or even a Kricketune/Beautifly/Dustox? Or a Ghastly, if you catch one! Basically there's a lot of options for Gardenia, and I usually start with Piplup myself, since Empoleon is yes! Though I like all Pokémon personally, so it's not a big deal which one I choose! :)

@exp Hey there! Would you like to be added to the members list? :)

Hmm, I'd recommend starting with ORAS probably, out of those? Either that or Pearl tbh! The Ultra games are notoriously difficult to Nuzlocke, and Hoenn in general is pretty relaxed as opposed to other regions imo! Plus ORAS is just a lot of fun! I admit that Hoenn is probably my least favorite region? But I still like it!
Yeah, it was painful, and I don't really have too many amazing replacements. I've gotten a lot of grass types, which is nice, but I don't really know if I should switch one in? I've messed with my team comp a lot to try and make what I have available work, and I know I want to take Celadon, Goo, and Comet. Maybe I'll post a pic of my pc, and take some suggestions?

That's valid! Motivation can be hard sometimes! Especially with how painful grinding can be! I don't think you come off as whiny, btw! I mean, I've been complaining about the grind since the start of this thread, lol! Nothing wrong with it! :)

And that's valid! I love the games personally, but the Exp. Share being forced is my only major issue. Without that, I'd have had a lot more fun. I much preferred the previous 2 gens, where you could toggle it on and off. Made grinding better, without nuking the challenge of them as much.

Y'know, I've played Platinum many times -my copy's still in good condition and everything -and... the 2nd gym really doesn't require a fire type imo? You can easily take it on with a Staravia, which you're almost guaranteed, or even a Kricketune/Beautifly/Dustox? Or a Ghastly, if you catch one! Basically there's a lot of options for Gardenia, and I usually start with Piplup myself, since Empoleon is yes! Though I like all Pokémon personally, so it's not a big deal which one I choose! :)

@exp Hey there! Would you like to be added to the members list? :)

Hmm, I'd recommend starting with ORAS probably, out of those? Either that or Pearl tbh! The Ultra games are notoriously difficult to Nuzlocke, and Hoenn in general is pretty relaxed as opposed to other regions imo! Plus ORAS is just a lot of fun! I admit that Hoenn is probably my least favorite region? But I still like it!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14