Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Why is he so BIG [Borderlands]
1 2
[img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/409ef8e969ad33e430ae0390388e259e/5619c904ef3fff5d-3e/s1280x1920/57a4c0ef83e2c9c87444fbc0636668a572d41bd3.jpg[/img] I— posted this basically everywhere asking why [b]is he so BIg[/b] but i scream laughed He’s basically a giant, pfffft [i]Titled edited for clarity by @JCStitches[/i]
57a4c0ef83e2c9c87444fbc0636668a572d41bd3.jpg

I— posted this basically everywhere asking why is he so BIg but i scream laughed

He’s basically a giant, pfffft

Titled edited for clarity by @JCStitches
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
I bet he gives the best hugs. When he's not trying to murder you, that is.
I bet he gives the best hugs. When he's not trying to murder you, that is.
9iqeDz7.png
Maaaan, I felt so bad killing him. Other than killing Maya, he didnt reaaaallly do anything bad
I really dont get the war with the Calypsos pff
Maaaan, I felt so bad killing him. Other than killing Maya, he didnt reaaaallly do anything bad
I really dont get the war with the Calypsos pff
Oh, I love Troy. But honestly, I think BL3 would have had a more compelling story if Troy had betrayed Tyreen and struck out on his own. It felt like he was at a breaking point after getting Maya's powers and becoming a lot more independent with all his talk about how Tyreen's usually the one with the spotlight, blah blah, but he still just acted as his sister's pet. Which made his death kind meh and unimpactful.

And then there's Zane. I love Zane.
Oh, I love Troy. But honestly, I think BL3 would have had a more compelling story if Troy had betrayed Tyreen and struck out on his own. It felt like he was at a breaking point after getting Maya's powers and becoming a lot more independent with all his talk about how Tyreen's usually the one with the spotlight, blah blah, but he still just acted as his sister's pet. Which made his death kind meh and unimpactful.

S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
reminds me of nameless samurai genshin impact [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/806753260295684106/867936404825575434/m-mister_sir....png[/img] LOOK at this man. what are they eating in inazuma???? idk but it made me go [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/806753260295684106/867936925670047785/brain_empty_too_hot.png[/img] "oogh?? oifdhdsoihgsdf o///o " lmaoooo
reminds me of nameless samurai genshin impact
m-mister_sir....png

LOOK at this man. what are they eating in inazuma????
idk but it made me go
brain_empty_too_hot.png
"oogh?? oifdhdsoihgsdf o///o " lmaoooo
tumblr-ngc4ax4-Hf-X1s35i1to1-500.gif
moon.pngArisa|She/They/Fleur/Lune/Fae|'97sakura.png
imageedit-1-9474809811.png
[quote name="Jxckal" date="2021-07-23 17:20:42" ] Oh, I love Troy. But honestly, I think BL3 would have had a more compelling story if Troy had betrayed Tyreen and struck out on his own. It felt like he was at a breaking point after getting Maya's powers and becoming a lot more independent with all his talk about how Tyreen's usually the one with the spotlight, blah blah, but he still just acted as his sister's pet. Which made his death kind meh and unimpactful. And then there's Zane. I love Zane. [/quote] You know, my first PT I thought that was gonna happen. It seeeeemed like it was definitely gonna happen. But then it just didnt. The story in BL3 just doesnt make sense to me. As far as I know, there’s no context as to why the Crimson Raiders are at war with these kids, other than [i]but I want the vault :([/i] I guess threat to the entire universe but ???
Jxckal wrote on 2021-07-23 17:20:42:

You know, my first PT I thought that was gonna happen. It seeeeemed like it was definitely gonna happen. But then it just didnt. The story in BL3 just doesnt make sense to me. As far as I know, there’s no context as to why the Crimson Raiders are at war with these kids, other than but I want the vault :(
I guess threat to the entire universe but ???
[quote name="MyHartWillDrogon" date="2021-07-24 01:03:17" ] [quote name="Jxckal" date="2021-07-23 17:20:42" ] Oh, I love Troy. But honestly, I think BL3 would have had a more compelling story if Troy had betrayed Tyreen and struck out on his own. It felt like he was at a breaking point after getting Maya's powers and becoming a lot more independent with all his talk about how Tyreen's usually the one with the spotlight, blah blah, but he still just acted as his sister's pet. Which made his death kind meh and unimpactful. And then there's Zane. I love Zane. [/quote] You know, my first PT I thought that was gonna happen. It seeeeemed like it was definitely gonna happen. But then it just didnt. The story in BL3 just doesnt make sense to me. As far as I know, there’s no context as to why the Crimson Raiders are at war with these kids, other than [i]but I want the vault :([/i] I guess threat to the entire universe but ??? [/quote] I have a lot of things to say about the story and most of my grievances stem from what an awfully written character Ava is. Not that she's a well-written, character who is meant to be annoying, but whoever wrote her, did it so badly that her very existence annoys me. And why did Lilith give command of the Crimson Raiders to a child who got Maya murdered out of her own selfishness? Troy and Tyreen were poor villains and more of edgy Twitch streamers, but it's hard to compare any of the BL series villains after Handsome Jack, so it's not a fair comparison at this point. Can't even compare Commandant Steele, Vallory/Vasquez/Yvette, or Colonel Zarpedon, so I don't entirely hate Troy and Tyreen. I love Troy and Tyreen's design too, really captures the "f*ck you" attitude they have. But I really would have loved to see Troy betray Tyreen to make both their deaths more impactful, or perhaps even Troy taking the side of the Crimson Raiders - whether by force, or by choice. But Ava. Dear God. I despise her. Every time I hear her talk, I start blasting the loudest, most obnoxious, particle-heavy gun I have at her face so I don't have to listen to her or see her face.
MyHartWillDrogon wrote on 2021-07-24 01:03:17:

You know, my first PT I thought that was gonna happen. It seeeeemed like it was definitely gonna happen. But then it just didnt. The story in BL3 just doesnt make sense to me. As far as I know, there’s no context as to why the Crimson Raiders are at war with these kids, other than but I want the vault :(

I have a lot of things to say about the story and most of my grievances stem from what an awfully written character Ava is. Not that she's a well-written, character who is meant to be annoying, but whoever wrote her, did it so badly that her very existence annoys me. And why did Lilith give command of the Crimson Raiders to a child who got Maya murdered out of her own selfishness?

Troy and Tyreen were poor villains and more of edgy Twitch streamers, but it's hard to compare any of the BL series villains after Handsome Jack, so it's not a fair comparison at this point. Can't even compare Commandant Steele, Vallory/Vasquez/Yvette, or Colonel Zarpedon, so I don't entirely hate Troy and Tyreen. I love Troy and Tyreen's design too, really captures the "f*ck you" attitude they have. But I really would have loved to see Troy betray Tyreen to make both their deaths more impactful, or perhaps even Troy taking the side of the Crimson Raiders - whether by force, or by choice.

But Ava. Dear God. I despise her. Every time I hear her talk, I start blasting the loudest, most obnoxious, particle-heavy gun I have at her face so I don't have to listen to her or see her face.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
[quote name="Jxckal" date="2021-07-25 03:02:09" ] [quote name="MyHartWillDrogon" date="2021-07-24 01:03:17" ] [quote name="Jxckal" date="2021-07-23 17:20:42" ] Oh, I love Troy. But honestly, I think BL3 would have had a more compelling story if Troy had betrayed Tyreen and struck out on his own. It felt like he was at a breaking point after getting Maya's powers and becoming a lot more independent with all his talk about how Tyreen's usually the one with the spotlight, blah blah, but he still just acted as his sister's pet. Which made his death kind meh and unimpactful. And then there's Zane. I love Zane. [/quote] You know, my first PT I thought that was gonna happen. It seeeeemed like it was definitely gonna happen. But then it just didnt. The story in BL3 just doesnt make sense to me. As far as I know, there’s no context as to why the Crimson Raiders are at war with these kids, other than [i]but I want the vault :([/i] I guess threat to the entire universe but ??? [/quote] I have a lot of things to say about the story and most of my grievances stem from what an awfully written character Ava is. Not that she's a well-written, character who is meant to be annoying, but whoever wrote her, did it so badly that her very existence annoys me. And why did Lilith give command of the Crimson Raiders to a child who got Maya murdered out of her own selfishness? Troy and Tyreen were poor villains and more of edgy Twitch streamers, but it's hard to compare any of the BL series villains after Handsome Jack, so it's not a fair comparison at this point. Can't even compare Commandant Steele, Vallory/Vasquez/Yvette, or Colonel Zarpedon, so I don't entirely hate Troy and Tyreen. I love Troy and Tyreen's design too, really captures the "f*ck you" attitude they have. But I really would have loved to see Troy betray Tyreen to make both their deaths more impactful, or perhaps even Troy taking the side of the Crimson Raiders - whether by force, or by choice. But Ava. Dear God. I despise her. Every time I hear her talk, I start blasting the loudest, most obnoxious, particle-heavy gun I have at her face so I don't have to listen to her or see her face. [/quote] Yes big hatred for Ava. She has a worse attitude than the Calypsos but no cant be mean to the little sh—. She is massively disrespectful and a massive bloody brat, blaming Lilith for god knows what. Wanted my character to smack her. I bought her stupid DLC and it’s literally 5 minutes of nothing. 20 bucks down the drain. I find Tyreen way more annoying than Troy, not favouritism, just “[b]superfan[/b]”. Cringe. Troy is more of a background villain which is what convinced me that he was gonna ditch. He gets Maya’s powers, goes on his own for a bit, racks up with Aurelia which massive yuck, then runs back to Tyreen after Wainwright shoots him up a bit. Honestly thought there was gonna be more villainy content. Or even a DLC backstory of them or something cus theyre just sorta there and theres no context until you chat with Typhon. I thought there’d at least be a childhood bedroom or something but nope. Also: [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/6bee8b952b97b40268e4f0a8198d2cd9/99dccd4e351890fb-76/s1280x1920/3e2857d7b7e7ec5efd68155255ff7fb467ab8419.jpg[/img] [i]cough[/i]
Jxckal wrote on 2021-07-25 03:02:09:
MyHartWillDrogon wrote on 2021-07-24 01:03:17:

I have a lot of things to say about the story and most of my grievances stem from what an awfully written character Ava is. Not that she's a well-written, character who is meant to be annoying, but whoever wrote her, did it so badly that her very existence annoys me. And why did Lilith give command of the Crimson Raiders to a child who got Maya murdered out of her own selfishness?

Troy and Tyreen were poor villains and more of edgy Twitch streamers, but it's hard to compare any of the BL series villains after Handsome Jack, so it's not a fair comparison at this point. Can't even compare Commandant Steele, Vallory/Vasquez/Yvette, or Colonel Zarpedon, so I don't entirely hate Troy and Tyreen. I love Troy and Tyreen's design too, really captures the "f*ck you" attitude they have. But I really would have loved to see Troy betray Tyreen to make both their deaths more impactful, or perhaps even Troy taking the side of the Crimson Raiders - whether by force, or by choice.

But Ava. Dear God. I despise her. Every time I hear her talk, I start blasting the loudest, most obnoxious, particle-heavy gun I have at her face so I don't have to listen to her or see her face.

Yes big hatred for Ava. She has a worse attitude than the Calypsos but no cant be mean to the little sh—. She is massively disrespectful and a massive bloody brat, blaming Lilith for god knows what. Wanted my character to smack her. I bought her stupid DLC and it’s literally 5 minutes of nothing. 20 bucks down the drain.

I find Tyreen way more annoying than Troy, not favouritism, just “superfan”. Cringe. Troy is more of a background villain which is what convinced me that he was gonna ditch. He gets Maya’s powers, goes on his own for a bit, racks up with Aurelia which massive yuck, then runs back to Tyreen after Wainwright shoots him up a bit. Honestly thought there was gonna be more villainy content. Or even a DLC backstory of them or something cus theyre just sorta there and theres no context until you chat with Typhon. I thought there’d at least be a childhood bedroom or something but nope.

Also: 3e2857d7b7e7ec5efd68155255ff7fb467ab8419.jpg
cough
bruh other borderlands fans! I haven't played the third game yet but did the writing really go that downhill? (also I love your signature Zer0 was easily my fave character to play)
bruh other borderlands fans! I haven't played the third game yet but did the writing really go that downhill? (also I love your signature Zer0 was easily my fave character to play)
[quote name="Unrest" date="2021-07-25 16:59:22" ] bruh other borderlands fans! I haven't played the third game yet but did the writing really go that downhill? (also I love your signature Zer0 was easily my fave character to play) [/quote] I wouldn't say the writing overall for BL3 was bad. It was a fun and engaging story with lots of places to explore. I really love the Promethea and Eden-6 chapters because Rhys and Wainwright/Hammerlock are really strong and fun characters. It's just that it's super hard to compare after the incredible success of BL2, to the point where it isn't a fair comparison anymore. And Ava is a very annoying, poorly written character. I don't think anyone likes her.
Unrest wrote on 2021-07-25 16:59:22:

I wouldn't say the writing overall for BL3 was bad. It was a fun and engaging story with lots of places to explore. I really love the Promethea and Eden-6 chapters because Rhys and Wainwright/Hammerlock are really strong and fun characters. It's just that it's super hard to compare after the incredible success of BL2, to the point where it isn't a fair comparison anymore. And Ava is a very annoying, poorly written character. I don't think anyone likes her.
S O K O L
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
1 2