General Discussion
Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | WCRPG?
Does anyone else actually remember that site? I remember having so much fun RPing there and it was really popular among my friends about a decade ago. Now I've tried to Google it but apparently it's under a different name (FeralFront) and there's drama with the people that run it now?? Is this what it feels like to grow old

Basically I'm just putting a feeler out in a more current community to see if anyone else remembers this/still is on it or if I'm just like. Having a fever dream
Does anyone else actually remember that site? I remember having so much fun RPing there and it was really popular among my friends about a decade ago. Now I've tried to Google it but apparently it's under a different name (FeralFront) and there's drama with the people that run it now?? Is this what it feels like to grow old

Basically I'm just putting a feeler out in a more current community to see if anyone else remembers this/still is on it or if I'm just like. Having a fever dream
~bxsmxth~
(bismuth)
JvUa9ma.png
z9OsVtc.png
TVHy8Pj.png
WKtl2lb.png
bestiaryicon2.png
Hunt for
Every
Familiar!
exaltrescue.png Did you know that the Bestiary marks Awakened familiars as Discovered, but will not show them by your forum avatar if you don't own them anymore? I do.
I'm not familiar with it, I just found the title to be really amusing. 'WC' is European slang for public toilets so I was quite curious about what playing a wc rpg would be like...

Good luck finding your tribe.
I'm not familiar with it, I just found the title to be really amusing. 'WC' is European slang for public toilets so I was quite curious about what playing a wc rpg would be like...

Walk this valley of death, head high
Say "I'll be back, today I won't die"
'Cause try as we might, we can never deny
We can get back up, if we're still alive

KnCHVU9.png
[quote name="@Metalhead" date="2021-06-03 04:33:25" ] I'm not familiar with it, I just found the title to be really amusing. 'WC' is European slang for public toilets so I was quite curious about what playing a wc rpg would be like... Good luck finding your tribe. [/quote] That's a truly awful coincidence, thank you for sharing
@Metalhead wrote on 2021-06-03 04:33:25:

That's a truly awful coincidence, thank you for sharing
~bxsmxth~
(bismuth)
JvUa9ma.png
z9OsVtc.png
TVHy8Pj.png
WKtl2lb.png
bestiaryicon2.png
Hunt for
Every
Familiar!
exaltrescue.png Did you know that the Bestiary marks Awakened familiars as Discovered, but will not show them by your forum avatar if you don't own them anymore? I do.
@bxsmxth

I grew up on that website! I must've been pretty young when I joined it, probably sometime around 2012-2014? Though I quit, like, 3 times for silly reasons before coming back each time because I had some really close friends who I would've missed greatly had I actually left for good. I only really grew inactive after all my friends went to Discord, but I still peeked around the forums now and again.
I don't know about the drama, but the site actually shut down back in late 2020. I was really sad to hear it had gone, definitely an important piece of my childhood growing up.
@bxsmxth

I grew up on that website! I must've been pretty young when I joined it, probably sometime around 2012-2014? Though I quit, like, 3 times for silly reasons before coming back each time because I had some really close friends who I would've missed greatly had I actually left for good. I only really grew inactive after all my friends went to Discord, but I still peeked around the forums now and again.
I don't know about the drama, but the site actually shut down back in late 2020. I was really sad to hear it had gone, definitely an important piece of my childhood growing up.
T3TuubO.png
[quote name="@hamkid" date="2021-06-03 11:20:41" ] I grew up on that website! I must've been pretty young when I joined it, probably sometime around 2012-2014? Though I quit, like, 3 times for silly reasons before coming back each time because I had some really close friends who I would've missed greatly had I actually left for good. I only really grew inactive after all my friends went to Discord, but I still peeked around the forums now and again. I don't know about the drama, but the site actually shut down back in late 2020. I was really sad to hear it had gone, definitely an important piece of my childhood growing up. [/quote] Awwww, that is really sad ;;;-;;; I didn't know it was gone, but it makes sense considering how old it is. Well, at least it's still archived. Thanks for sharing TvT
@hamkid wrote on 2021-06-03 11:20:41:

Awwww, that is really sad ;;;-;;; I didn't know it was gone, but it makes sense considering how old it is. Well, at least it's still archived. Thanks for sharing TvT
~bxsmxth~
(bismuth)
JvUa9ma.png
z9OsVtc.png
TVHy8Pj.png
WKtl2lb.png
bestiaryicon2.png
Hunt for
Every
Familiar!
No problem!! I honestly didn't notice the site was gone until a few weeks after it shut but nonetheless the memories are still there ;; It was a funky little site, there used to be a pet feature where you could adopt some pets that grew the more they got clicked, I think, similar to the its sister site Xanje. I remember way back when they had those little generators for warrior cat (as well as dog and horse, I don't remember if there was another one or not) and you'd click a button and it would randomize a character from a list of traits and appearances and stuff, and the old avatar creators they had too. Those were eventually removed sadly. I was there for a long time I guess lol
No problem!! I honestly didn't notice the site was gone until a few weeks after it shut but nonetheless the memories are still there ;; It was a funky little site, there used to be a pet feature where you could adopt some pets that grew the more they got clicked, I think, similar to the its sister site Xanje. I remember way back when they had those little generators for warrior cat (as well as dog and horse, I don't remember if there was another one or not) and you'd click a button and it would randomize a character from a list of traits and appearances and stuff, and the old avatar creators they had too. Those were eventually removed sadly. I was there for a long time I guess lol
T3TuubO.png
Don't know if I have much to add but I was on that site too! I almost never meet people that remember it so it was cool seeing this post haha! I think I only was on that site for about a year or two, and I didn't roleplay anywhere else, so sometime around fifth grade was both the start and end of my RP career. I only found out about its closing because I made a TikTok about my old Warriors OC that I used on it and thought "oh yeah wonder how that's doing?". Shame to see something I loved so much close, but it happens ;w;
Don't know if I have much to add but I was on that site too! I almost never meet people that remember it so it was cool seeing this post haha! I think I only was on that site for about a year or two, and I didn't roleplay anywhere else, so sometime around fifth grade was both the start and end of my RP career. I only found out about its closing because I made a TikTok about my old Warriors OC that I used on it and thought "oh yeah wonder how that's doing?". Shame to see something I loved so much close, but it happens ;w;
tenor.gif
wcrpg gave me my start in roleplay, I had so much history there. I definitely remember it! I actually met my best internet friend there, who has flown across the country twice now to see me!

also yeah FeralFront is gone now lol, it turned into a bad site.
wcrpg gave me my start in roleplay, I had so much history there. I definitely remember it! I actually met my best internet friend there, who has flown across the country twice now to see me!

also yeah FeralFront is gone now lol, it turned into a bad site.
42e2xlP.png98Q1EsS.gifp8yCE1l.png
Oh good lord, did I not think I would ever hear about WCRPG/FeralFront ever again. I started writing there in 2010 and left after the change from WCRPG to FF since the community was shifting. All I remember was the amount of drama in the higher-ups which led to the closure of the site.

There was also the sheer amount of elitism where people treated players with HP cats like celebrities of some kind? And there were bloodlines that were so important and everyone wanted to be part of some house that was inspired by LotR or something. I never understood that.

I don't miss it. My writing was absolutely cringey and horrid.
Oh good lord, did I not think I would ever hear about WCRPG/FeralFront ever again. I started writing there in 2010 and left after the change from WCRPG to FF since the community was shifting. All I remember was the amount of drama in the higher-ups which led to the closure of the site.

There was also the sheer amount of elitism where people treated players with HP cats like celebrities of some kind? And there were bloodlines that were so important and everyone wanted to be part of some house that was inspired by LotR or something. I never understood that.

I don't miss it. My writing was absolutely cringey and horrid.
signature.png