Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What is this type of picture called
[img]https://i.imgur.com/x0kNR2a.jpg[/img] I want more of this stuff, clear glass with black or other subtle color markings, This used to have white paper behind it, but now it has Sunset colors, and I also have ocean colors (blue-green) But when I try and google it I get nothing like it, so what do I google, to get more art like this? not necessarily tigers either, could be anything, but I don't know what to search for
x0kNR2a.jpg
I want more of this stuff, clear glass with black or other subtle color markings, This used to have white paper behind it, but now it has Sunset colors, and I also have ocean colors (blue-green)

But when I try and google it I get nothing like it, so what do I google, to get more art like this? not necessarily tigers either, could be anything, but I don't know what to search for
Lichtdrache.gif
It's more of a technique rather than a genre but it's using negative space to create an image!
It's more of a technique rather than a genre but it's using negative space to create an image!
2WpxpdQ.pngearth_0.png
. . .
FR +17
they/them
Wishlist!
. . .
xxxA61vJ8i.gif
@larkspurlux i don't think that's quite it. I tried typing negative space glass tiger art, along with differing variations of that, but i don't get any clear glass with designs on them, which is what i specifically want
@larkspurlux i don't think that's quite it. I tried typing negative space glass tiger art, along with differing variations of that, but i don't get any clear glass with designs on them, which is what i specifically want
Lichtdrache.gif
@TrissyCat

So the only technique or style I know of that would match up with this is "Reverse Glass Painting." Reverse paintings and such are where you paint directly on glass and you flip the glass to look at the image. Any negative space, or areas you didn't paint over, remain clear so you can see through it. It seems the art you have in the photo above is similar to this, where the person painted on the glass and left it so the background is interchangeable.

Unfortunately after searching around, I haven't really found anything that is just like this. It looks like a niche project someone did or it was very limited with production.

Fortunately however, it wouldn't be that hard to create your own if you want a fun project to do!

If you want ideas for the actual style of the tiger, you can look up 'high contrast' art and images, or if you don't find and you like, you can create your own by putting the image in a photo editor and messing with the contrast to make it perfect.

Once you have that you can buy a 'sheet' of glass or a picture frame, put your image under it and use black paint, ink, or even sharpies to trace and colour in the black areas. Once it dries, you can slip a coloured piece of paper behind it and there you go, you've just made your own!

I hope this helps at least. I think it would be a fun project and maybe I'll even try it!

Just to add in, you can also try searching up terms such as "painting on glass art" or "custom glass painting" or you can even find artists who specialize in creating paintings on glass and commission them to make you the image you want so you can turn it into a picture frame or such.

I hope this helps!

@TrissyCat

So the only technique or style I know of that would match up with this is "Reverse Glass Painting." Reverse paintings and such are where you paint directly on glass and you flip the glass to look at the image. Any negative space, or areas you didn't paint over, remain clear so you can see through it. It seems the art you have in the photo above is similar to this, where the person painted on the glass and left it so the background is interchangeable.

Unfortunately after searching around, I haven't really found anything that is just like this. It looks like a niche project someone did or it was very limited with production.

Fortunately however, it wouldn't be that hard to create your own if you want a fun project to do!

If you want ideas for the actual style of the tiger, you can look up 'high contrast' art and images, or if you don't find and you like, you can create your own by putting the image in a photo editor and messing with the contrast to make it perfect.

Once you have that you can buy a 'sheet' of glass or a picture frame, put your image under it and use black paint, ink, or even sharpies to trace and colour in the black areas. Once it dries, you can slip a coloured piece of paper behind it and there you go, you've just made your own!

I hope this helps at least. I think it would be a fun project and maybe I'll even try it!

Just to add in, you can also try searching up terms such as "painting on glass art" or "custom glass painting" or you can even find artists who specialize in creating paintings on glass and commission them to make you the image you want so you can turn it into a picture frame or such.

I hope this helps!

tumblr_inline_npp8nyFo5N1r0g4u9_540.png X tumblr_inline_nppef4YToG1r0g4u9_540.png
X
@Knucklepuck it does thank you
@Knucklepuck it does thank you
Lichtdrache.gif