Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Unpopular Games You Love
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
My favorite would have to be Atomega. It’s just so simple and fun! It definitely deserves more love. I found it because of this video in my recommended awhile back

I also enjoy playing on Impressive Title servers but they used to have a pretty good playerbase.
My favorite would have to be Atomega. It’s just so simple and fun! It definitely deserves more love. I found it because of this video in my recommended awhile back

I also enjoy playing on Impressive Title servers but they used to have a pretty good playerbase.
UwUnl7O.png
Sonic Forces, Bendy in Nightmare Run, Pokemon Cafe
Sonic Forces, Bendy in Nightmare Run, Pokemon Cafe
Atelier games. Oh my gosh, this series is SO GOOD but SO UNKNOWN. Like, one of the best games I have played in my life was Atelier Lydie and Suelle. It's a beautiful game and has such great stories with all of them. More people should know about this series. I highly recommend it to anybody who loves RPGs.

Shadow Hearts is another series that is just so unknown. It has a great story behind it, and the battle system is AMAZING. You cannot understand how sad I am that there will probably never be another game with the same kind of battle system. I love it so much.
Atelier games. Oh my gosh, this series is SO GOOD but SO UNKNOWN. Like, one of the best games I have played in my life was Atelier Lydie and Suelle. It's a beautiful game and has such great stories with all of them. More people should know about this series. I highly recommend it to anybody who loves RPGs.

Shadow Hearts is another series that is just so unknown. It has a great story behind it, and the battle system is AMAZING. You cannot understand how sad I am that there will probably never be another game with the same kind of battle system. I love it so much.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
The Kirby series is pretty well-known and somewhat popular, but there are two main-series games that the fanbase doesn’t like as much as the others that I just LOVE.

Star Allies is the newest main-series game as of this post, and it is REALLY underrated by the fanbase. It’s my second favorite game in the series, and I find myself going back to it a bit because I find a couple of the game modes to have a bit of replay value, especially because I get to play as my favorite character, Magolor! Sadly, Star Allies didn’t have as much content when it first came out, and I admit I was a bit disappointed with how quickly my brother and I beat the main story when it first came out, but the updates fixed that issue and then some for me. Maybe I like it more mostly because I sometimes have someone to play it with, but I feel like it’s severely underrated and not really popular in the fanbase, especially by people who have been playing Kirby games for more than five years like me.

The other one I feel is quite underrated is Dream Land 3, my third favorite Kirby game. Yes, it’s a bit harder than most of the other main-series Kirby games and it didn’t have as much unique content as Super Star, but it has really cute graphics and great music as well as a nice story that I just LOVE. I admit I don’t come back to this one as much as some of the other ones because it’s a pain to get 100% completion on it, but this is another game that the fanbase overlooks a lot and it makes me kinda sad.

Honorable mentions go to Amazing Mirror and Squeak Squad, but I don’t think I would put those in my top ten Kirby games; I just wish people wouldn’t diss them. Honestly, I would say they’re good enough for what they are. That being said, I recognize their shortcomings and I know why they aren’t very popular entries.

Also, I totally stan the Dark Matter Kirby games in general.
The Kirby series is pretty well-known and somewhat popular, but there are two main-series games that the fanbase doesn’t like as much as the others that I just LOVE.

Star Allies is the newest main-series game as of this post, and it is REALLY underrated by the fanbase. It’s my second favorite game in the series, and I find myself going back to it a bit because I find a couple of the game modes to have a bit of replay value, especially because I get to play as my favorite character, Magolor! Sadly, Star Allies didn’t have as much content when it first came out, and I admit I was a bit disappointed with how quickly my brother and I beat the main story when it first came out, but the updates fixed that issue and then some for me. Maybe I like it more mostly because I sometimes have someone to play it with, but I feel like it’s severely underrated and not really popular in the fanbase, especially by people who have been playing Kirby games for more than five years like me.

The other one I feel is quite underrated is Dream Land 3, my third favorite Kirby game. Yes, it’s a bit harder than most of the other main-series Kirby games and it didn’t have as much unique content as Super Star, but it has really cute graphics and great music as well as a nice story that I just LOVE. I admit I don’t come back to this one as much as some of the other ones because it’s a pain to get 100% completion on it, but this is another game that the fanbase overlooks a lot and it makes me kinda sad.

Honorable mentions go to Amazing Mirror and Squeak Squad, but I don’t think I would put those in my top ten Kirby games; I just wish people wouldn’t diss them. Honestly, I would say they’re good enough for what they are. That being said, I recognize their shortcomings and I know why they aren’t very popular entries.

Also, I totally stan the Dark Matter Kirby games in general.
9vqTYg0.gifcfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.giffl0edFq.gif
Banner holder by me.
The Professor Layton saga, at least where I live (Mexico) are unknown. Super Paper Mario is my fave from all the Paper saga too, I remember it being hated hard when it launched, and while over the years the fandom has oppened to it, I feel is still underated. And Solatorobo, I enjoyed it so much! One of my faves of all time!
The Professor Layton saga, at least where I live (Mexico) are unknown. Super Paper Mario is my fave from all the Paper saga too, I remember it being hated hard when it launched, and while over the years the fandom has oppened to it, I feel is still underated. And Solatorobo, I enjoyed it so much! One of my faves of all time!
5xsrc8Y.png
5OBxblq.png
qhK4FYS.png
OuP0IWM.png
3adgzZD.png
mYEe9VI.png
N16btBO.png
tqGkHih.png
I7a1ndF.png
FMoJ9vk.png
w7JsyRl.png
fRmh0SH.png
xBEAdV6.png
A76GHXC.png
J7D1quC.png
awUnQ0L.png
loimysO.png
xuF5IAu.png
LISA is very unpopular, and I can kind of see why? Ever since my phase died out, I think it has gotten more attention, and I'm very happy for that. It always holds a special place in my heart.
LISA is very unpopular, and I can kind of see why? Ever since my phase died out, I think it has gotten more attention, and I'm very happy for that. It always holds a special place in my heart.
dT9HQge.png
H0t7Ypl.png
bYt72YT.png
oaolHwW.png
5hF3FGk.png
OQwOmsS.png
skylanders!! it's really fun and charming, i promise if you give it a chance you may like it. the character designs are so varied and fun!! it sucks that the first game's toys are dying though, as in by the end of this year (because activision was cheap and made it so the chips in the toys that let you use the characters only last about 10 years) they'll all be dead :(

devil summoner raidou kuzunoha 1 and 2 are both really good, they're like persona's lesser known sibling. i never played persona, but i love devil summoner!!

sly cooper!! one of my top favorite games, i never hear people talk about it. you play as an anthro raccoon who's a thief and the sibling dynamic between the three main characters is so good. i love found family.

braindead 13!!! it's a really fun qte game about a dude named lance galahad. he goes in to repair an evil scientist's computer but the scientist tries to kill him in his castle. you gotta escape, it's really fun and has a spooky atmosphere that i adore!! admittedly it's a little hard, but part of the fun is seeing lance die in gruesome but over the top cartoony deaths.
skylanders!! it's really fun and charming, i promise if you give it a chance you may like it. the character designs are so varied and fun!! it sucks that the first game's toys are dying though, as in by the end of this year (because activision was cheap and made it so the chips in the toys that let you use the characters only last about 10 years) they'll all be dead :(

devil summoner raidou kuzunoha 1 and 2 are both really good, they're like persona's lesser known sibling. i never played persona, but i love devil summoner!!

sly cooper!! one of my top favorite games, i never hear people talk about it. you play as an anthro raccoon who's a thief and the sibling dynamic between the three main characters is so good. i love found family.

braindead 13!!! it's a really fun qte game about a dude named lance galahad. he goes in to repair an evil scientist's computer but the scientist tries to kill him in his castle. you gotta escape, it's really fun and has a spooky atmosphere that i adore!! admittedly it's a little hard, but part of the fun is seeing lance die in gruesome but over the top cartoony deaths.
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o8_100.png
Henry Hatsworth! A friend got me into it a few years ago and I *love* it. It's kind of like a mix between a 2D platformer and Shock Switch. It gets very, very hard around halfway through and is really unforgiving at times, but the upgrades and secret stages compensate for it. It's super fun and charming imo, just... not everyone's cup of tea.
Henry Hatsworth! A friend got me into it a few years ago and I *love* it. It's kind of like a mix between a 2D platformer and Shock Switch. It gets very, very hard around halfway through and is really unforgiving at times, but the upgrades and secret stages compensate for it. It's super fun and charming imo, just... not everyone's cup of tea.
earthshieldl.png xx
Scal
They/Them
FRT +9
xxxxxx
[quote name="Amura" date="2021-01-23 22:38:17" ] Atelier games. Oh my gosh, this series is SO GOOD but SO UNKNOWN. Like, one of the best games I have played in my life was Atelier Lydie and Suelle. It's a beautiful game and has such great stories with all of them. More people should know about this series. I highly recommend it to anybody who loves RPGs. [/quote] @Amura I've seen them on sale a few times and considered getting one, but I could never find anybody who had played them to give me a real idea what the gameplay was like, it was just the usual hyped up or really negative reviews. [quote name="ShadowTender" date="2021-01-24 07:33:57" ] skylanders!! it's really fun and charming, i promise if you give it a chance you may like it. the character designs are so varied and fun!! it sucks that the first game's toys are dying though, as in by the end of this year (because activision was cheap and made it so the chips in the toys that let you use the characters only last about 10 years) they'll all be dead :( [/quote] @ShadowTender I'm still trying to get my hands on more creation crystals for Imaginators. Every other game, I was very minimal and would just try to get one or two extras of the new gimmicks (after the first where I wanted one of every element), but then Imaginators brought the whole "make your own" thing and I went crazy over it. I also still hope to get my hands on one of the Dark Edition figures at some point, even if they just end up as decorations on my shelf. I do have a couple other variants my friends snagged for me, but I've had a lot of trouble getting my hands on any Dark Edition (I've tried ordering one during a sale three times, twice it was simply refunded, once it got lost after shipping and then refunded).
Amura wrote on 2021-01-23 22:38:17:

@Amura

I've seen them on sale a few times and considered getting one, but I could never find anybody who had played them to give me a real idea what the gameplay was like, it was just the usual hyped up or really negative reviews.
ShadowTender wrote on 2021-01-24 07:33:57:

@ShadowTender

I'm still trying to get my hands on more creation crystals for Imaginators. Every other game, I was very minimal and would just try to get one or two extras of the new gimmicks (after the first where I wanted one of every element), but then Imaginators brought the whole "make your own" thing and I went crazy over it.

I also still hope to get my hands on one of the Dark Edition figures at some point, even if they just end up as decorations on my shelf. I do have a couple other variants my friends snagged for me, but I've had a lot of trouble getting my hands on any Dark Edition (I've tried ordering one during a sale three times, twice it was simply refunded, once it got lost after shipping and then refunded).
Formerly known as Brenning.
Anthem lmao. I always get the worst insults for liking Anthem lmaooo. It is boring but I have a particular interest in the game.

But also Mass Effect Andromeda which is actually a good game tho. I just wanted to throw the archon like a handbag tho.

I second Dreamfall Chapters. Its insanely pretty and the story is well written but it just never caught on.
Anthem lmao. I always get the worst insults for liking Anthem lmaooo. It is boring but I have a particular interest in the game.

But also Mass Effect Andromeda which is actually a good game tho. I just wanted to throw the archon like a handbag tho.

I second Dreamfall Chapters. Its insanely pretty and the story is well written but it just never caught on.
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12