Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Your favorite game sountracks?
1 2 3
I am digging just about all the music from Apex Legends every season

I also love all of Stardew Valley's music, Night in the Woods, and Dead Cells.

Just to name a few...

I am digging just about all the music from Apex Legends every season

I also love all of Stardew Valley's music, Night in the Woods, and Dead Cells.

Just to name a few...

plagueshieldr.pngXxqDwGq.pngplagueshieldl.png
My list is...too long, but my top 10 list in no particular order is definitely:
  • Etrian Odyssey IV, scored by Yuzo Koshiro
  • Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Version, scored by Go Ichinose, Junichi Masuda, and Hitomi Sato
  • Forza Motorsport 4, scored by Lance Hayes (I'm referring to the main menu music in the album publicly released to Spotify and other platforms; it's hard to hear everything else they licensed over the hum of the engines)
  • Portal 2, scored by Mike Morasky
  • ABZÛ, scored by the one and only Austin Wintory
  • Bugsnax, scored by Seth Parker, the same guy behind the music for Octodad
  • Literally all of the mainline Yo-kai Watch series games, scored by Kenichiro Saigo
  • Xenoblade Chronicles, composed by Yoko Shimomura of Kingdom Hearts fame, Yasunori Mitsuda, Manami Kiyota, and ACE+. Mitsuda's only contribution was to "Beyond the Sky," but deserves credit nonetheless.
  • Celeste, composed by Lena Raine
  • Chrono Trigger, composed by none other than Yasunori Mitsuda and Nobuo Uematsu

...FM4 being in the list is primarily because it's nostalgic for me and also literally everything in there is a VIBE. Honorable mentions to the Halo series as scored by Martin O'Donnell; both Splatoon titles, composed by Toru Minegishi; and Mario Kart Wii, composed by Asuka Ota and Ryo Nagamatsu.
My list is...too long, but my top 10 list in no particular order is definitely:
  • Etrian Odyssey IV, scored by Yuzo Koshiro
  • Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Version, scored by Go Ichinose, Junichi Masuda, and Hitomi Sato
  • Forza Motorsport 4, scored by Lance Hayes (I'm referring to the main menu music in the album publicly released to Spotify and other platforms; it's hard to hear everything else they licensed over the hum of the engines)
  • Portal 2, scored by Mike Morasky
  • ABZÛ, scored by the one and only Austin Wintory
  • Bugsnax, scored by Seth Parker, the same guy behind the music for Octodad
  • Literally all of the mainline Yo-kai Watch series games, scored by Kenichiro Saigo
  • Xenoblade Chronicles, composed by Yoko Shimomura of Kingdom Hearts fame, Yasunori Mitsuda, Manami Kiyota, and ACE+. Mitsuda's only contribution was to "Beyond the Sky," but deserves credit nonetheless.
  • Celeste, composed by Lena Raine
  • Chrono Trigger, composed by none other than Yasunori Mitsuda and Nobuo Uematsu

...FM4 being in the list is primarily because it's nostalgic for me and also literally everything in there is a VIBE. Honorable mentions to the Halo series as scored by Martin O'Donnell; both Splatoon titles, composed by Toru Minegishi; and Mario Kart Wii, composed by Asuka Ota and Ryo Nagamatsu.
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.gif Lynn/Lyon | Earth
Pacific Standard Time
she/they/he
y3NW8md.gif
Terraria's soundtrack is STELLAR, and the new tracks from 1.4 are incredible! I'm also a sucker for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon music, and Banjo-Tooie's OST is a nostalgic favorite for me.
The Classic Sonic games have some of my favorite songs in the series, as well as the Adventure games. And speaking more generally, there is not a single Kirby soundtrack I dislike (though special mention would probably have to go to Air Ride, Amazing Mirror, Planet Robobot, and Star Allies).
Terraria's soundtrack is STELLAR, and the new tracks from 1.4 are incredible! I'm also a sucker for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon music, and Banjo-Tooie's OST is a nostalgic favorite for me.
The Classic Sonic games have some of my favorite songs in the series, as well as the Adventure games. And speaking more generally, there is not a single Kirby soundtrack I dislike (though special mention would probably have to go to Air Ride, Amazing Mirror, Planet Robobot, and Star Allies).
34822.png
Hearts
FR+3 • they or she
Ping Me to get my attention
easter egg funy
tqGkHih.png
2VtxnMX.png
eswSnrS.png
7IMhuGK.png
[quote name="Winterymint" date="2021-01-06 18:39:51" ] there is not a single Kirby soundtrack I dislike (though special mention would probably have to go to Air Ride, Amazing Mirror, Planet Robobot, and Star Allies). [/quote] yes yes yes yes kirby's so gooooooood
Winterymint wrote on 2021-01-06 18:39:51:
there is not a single Kirby soundtrack I dislike (though special mention would probably have to go to Air Ride, Amazing Mirror, Planet Robobot, and Star Allies).

yes yes yes yes kirby's so gooooooood
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.gif Lynn/Lyon | Earth
Pacific Standard Time
she/they/he
y3NW8md.gif
That must be Undertale soundtraks! Especially MEGALOVANIA, Battle Against A True Hero and Finale!
That must be Undertale soundtraks! Especially MEGALOVANIA, Battle Against A True Hero and Finale!
Vzta1hq.png
Lisa the painful rpg. Men's hair club is a BOP
Lisa the painful rpg. Men's hair club is a BOP
Huge old dragon purge here. All under 2mil ID digits (T/G) accepted. 6 digits, leveled dragons, earth dragons, old coatls, unbreds, xxy, etc all for sale please make offers
[size=2]Kingdom Hearts. If all else was erased at the snap of a finger and only the KH OST stayed, I'd be happy. other than that-- NieR: Automata Final Fantasy 14 The World Ends with You Pokemon Black & White (yes, specifically the BW OST) Undertale Danganronpa V3 Stardew Valley (it's so relaxing and nice) Fire Emblem Rune Factory and frankly, most, if not all, games that I love I also adore the soundtracks of [emoji=coatl tongue size=1] (as, imo, the soundtrack of a game is one of the most important factors in making a good/successful title)
Kingdom Hearts. If all else was erased at the snap of a finger and only the KH OST stayed, I'd be happy.

other than that--
NieR: Automata
Final Fantasy 14
The World Ends with You
Pokemon Black & White (yes, specifically the BW OST)
Undertale
Danganronpa V3
Stardew Valley (it's so relaxing and nice)
Fire Emblem
Rune Factory

and frankly, most, if not all, games that I love I also adore the soundtracks of
(as, imo, the soundtrack of a game is one of the most important factors in making a good/successful title)
- super mario galaxy 1 and 2
- okami
- super paper mario
- night in the woods
- stardew valley
- hypnospace outlaw
- minecraft
- owlboy
- wandersong
- undertale and deltarune
- kingdom hearts (especially dream drop distance)
- animal crossing: new leaf
- doom
- sayonara wild hearts
- donut county
- pikmin 2
- hylics 2
- OFF
- celeste
- journey
- chicory (what we've heard of it so far!)
- jet set radio
- the world ends with you

i think night in the woods is my favorite ever though!
- super mario galaxy 1 and 2
- okami
- super paper mario
- night in the woods
- stardew valley
- hypnospace outlaw
- minecraft
- owlboy
- wandersong
- undertale and deltarune
- kingdom hearts (especially dream drop distance)
- animal crossing: new leaf
- doom
- sayonara wild hearts
- donut county
- pikmin 2
- hylics 2
- OFF
- celeste
- journey
- chicory (what we've heard of it so far!)
- jet set radio
- the world ends with you

i think night in the woods is my favorite ever though!
z8Qo9nt.gif

spencer - they/he/ix - fr +1
Kingdom Hearts (I’ve been playing Melody of Memory and I love it), The World Ends With You, Animal Crossing, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (esp Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky), Pokemon games in general tbh, Undertale, Persona 5, Stardew Valley, uhhh I’m probably forgetting a bunch bc pretty much if I’ve played it I probably like the music tbh.

Also special mention to Mega Man ZX Advent bc I played that a ton when I was younger so it’s got mega nostalgia points.
Kingdom Hearts (I’ve been playing Melody of Memory and I love it), The World Ends With You, Animal Crossing, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (esp Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky), Pokemon games in general tbh, Undertale, Persona 5, Stardew Valley, uhhh I’m probably forgetting a bunch bc pretty much if I’ve played it I probably like the music tbh.

Also special mention to Mega Man ZX Advent bc I played that a ton when I was younger so it’s got mega nostalgia points.
dciwot5-80b6a7a2-0a6c-442d-b1f4-7c9a8831b54a.pngart_shop_sig_smaller_by_fullmetalowlchemist-dbhrfav.pngtumblr_o0ze38sI6a1u3wsjco7_100.png
GuardianOwl_sig.png
- The original Final Fantasy 7 is the first one that comes to mind. Absolutely amazing!
- Super Monkey Ball 2 (World 3 and World 10 especially)
- Super Bomberman R

Seconding a lot of these:

- Persona 4
- Jet Set Radio
- Minecraft
- Mother 3
- Super Mario Galaxy
- The original Final Fantasy 7 is the first one that comes to mind. Absolutely amazing!
- Super Monkey Ball 2 (World 3 and World 10 especially)
- Super Bomberman R

Seconding a lot of these:

- Persona 4
- Jet Set Radio
- Minecraft
- Mother 3
- Super Mario Galaxy
FTuaU7Y.png
1 2 3