Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | XMAS weather
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Fog. Rain. Mud. Bleh :( I want snow.
BkLX97a.pngOctopus is welcomeYya65zH.png
Rain's pouring down where I am (east coast US). It's almost WARM. But hey, I can sit outside and read comfortably!
Rain's pouring down where I am (east coast US). It's almost WARM. But hey, I can sit outside and read comfortably!
YUDrFCG.png
@Alphaeon Thanks tried to do it myself but figured it needed mod privs when I couldn't find how
Should I ping you or someone to get it moved if I ever do similar again?
What about if I find another user's thread I believe should be somewhere else?
Is it better just to ping the OP like two users did on this first page?

@Nekromanteion
80F was our dawn temperature yesterday! Sounds like a really nice winter daytime temperature to me, enjoy the balmy weather!
(Bit cooler this morning at only 70F although the day will be one degree hotter, yes it's a
41C /105.8F Xmas
kicking off over here!
It's been really interesting following the global weather occurrences for each of us I better go through and make a pinglist to thank everybody!)
@Alphaeon Thanks tried to do it myself but figured it needed mod privs when I couldn't find how
Should I ping you or someone to get it moved if I ever do similar again?
What about if I find another user's thread I believe should be somewhere else?
Is it better just to ping the OP like two users did on this first page?

@Nekromanteion
80F was our dawn temperature yesterday! Sounds like a really nice winter daytime temperature to me, enjoy the balmy weather!
(Bit cooler this morning at only 70F although the day will be one degree hotter, yes it's a
41C /105.8F Xmas
kicking off over here!
It's been really interesting following the global weather occurrences for each of us I better go through and make a pinglist to thank everybody!)
qDkA25S.png
My mom said its supposed to snow tonight but other then that I have no idea.
My mom said its supposed to snow tonight but other then that I have no idea.
lol it never snows in texas- were still in the 70s and 60s here :c
MV1Iakt.png they/them | 18 | artist | INTP | FR+2 MV1Iakt.png
Right now it's just....wet. If we get lucky we might get some snow on the back end of this storm, but I doubt it'll be much. First xmas in a while where we don't have at least some snow.
Right now it's just....wet. If we get lucky we might get some snow on the back end of this storm, but I doubt it'll be much. First xmas in a while where we don't have at least some snow.
TW8ViqF.pngrix3ppo.png
Pings Welcome! Especially if you're quoting me XD
[quote name="Orionis" date="2020-12-24 14:41:04" ] Fog. Rain. Mud. Bleh :( I want snow. [/quote]
Orionis wrote on 2020-12-24 14:41:04:
icon dragon | wishlist
remind me not to impulse buy
redoing everything all the time give me a minute
[quote name="gn0me" date="2020-12-24 15:18:39" ] @/Nekromanteion 80F was our dawn temperature yesterday! Sounds like a really nice winter daytime temperature to me, enjoy the balmy weather! (Bit cooler this morning at only 70F although the day will be one degree hotter, yes it's a 41C /105.8F Xmas kicking off over here! [/quote] I sure have been enjoying it, thanks!! :D Oh man though, that’s like our hottest summer days! It’ll get to be around 102 F (39 C), with yet higher heat indices. How cool (or not) does it get in y’all’s winter in Australia? :3
gn0me wrote on 2020-12-24 15:18:39:
@/Nekromanteion

41C /105.8F Xmas

kicking off over here!

I sure have been enjoying it, thanks!! :D Oh man though, that’s like our hottest summer days! It’ll get to be around 102 F (39 C), with yet higher heat indices. How cool (or not) does it get in y’all’s winter in Australia? :3
Even in this darkest of nights, I see... the moonlight...
@Nekromanteion Depends where you are, the very north is tropical so it has a warm/dry and hot/wet season and probably sits between 20-40C all year

in the southern half of the mainland near the coast I guess 5C is a cold morning, whereas inland the temperature plummets overnight, frosts are usual but then the days are beautiful and warm while the coast hogs the 'miserable' weather which the farmers always hope will blow further inland.

If you're in Tasmania you've still got a 50/50 chance of a white christmas sighted on the mountain tops but you'd have to hike to actually get in it
@Nekromanteion Depends where you are, the very north is tropical so it has a warm/dry and hot/wet season and probably sits between 20-40C all year

in the southern half of the mainland near the coast I guess 5C is a cold morning, whereas inland the temperature plummets overnight, frosts are usual but then the days are beautiful and warm while the coast hogs the 'miserable' weather which the farmers always hope will blow further inland.

If you're in Tasmania you've still got a 50/50 chance of a white christmas sighted on the mountain tops but you'd have to hike to actually get in it
qDkA25S.png
[quote name="Acilil" date="2020-12-24 16:09:22" ] lol it never snows in texas- were still in the 70s and 60s here :c [/quote] ain't that the truth... at least us texans don't have to deal with snow and ice all the time
Acilil wrote on 2020-12-24 16:09:22:
ain't that the truth... at least us texans don't have to deal with snow and ice all the time
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9