Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | XMAS weather
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hi global citizens, it's warming up here in Western Australia for Christmas I thought it might be interesting to hear how everyone else's xmas weather is looking all around the globe while wishing you a happy and healthy festive season [url=http://i.imgur.com/JsJx5j2.png] [img]http://imgur.com/JsJx5j2l.png[/img] [/url] @Dracowolf @Lionheart27 @Sinjin @Starphire @8Spitfire8 @JiYou Just pinged some people I've known on FR the longest to start bumping this thread but please feel free to reply and ping others too no matter who you are, and where you are. Ping people in unusual places especially please :) If you're not comfortable showing location you don't need to. (Don't be so specific that the mods remove your post - location is sensitive info according to their TOS) For those in countries still catching up to the metric system (Water freezes at 0 and boils at 100) I'll lookup Mr Fahrenheits scale for the temperature range in the screenshot 35C = 95F 40C = 104F
Hi global citizens, it's warming up here in Western Australia for Christmas I thought it might be interesting to hear how everyone else's xmas weather is looking all around the globe while wishing you a happy and healthy festive season

JsJx5j2l.png

@Dracowolf @Lionheart27 @Sinjin @Starphire @8Spitfire8 @JiYou
Just pinged some people I've known on FR the longest to start bumping this thread but please feel free to reply and ping others too no matter who you are, and where you are.
Ping people in unusual places especially please :)
If you're not comfortable showing location you don't need to.
(Don't be so specific that the mods remove your post - location is sensitive info according to their TOS)

For those in countries still catching up to the metric system (Water freezes at 0 and boils at 100) I'll lookup Mr Fahrenheits scale for the temperature range in the screenshot
35C = 95F
40C = 104F
qDkA25S.png
[center][color=teal] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Qh33NUl.png[/img] Forecast: Rain :D[/center]

Qh33NUl.png

Forecast: Rain

:D
8oOETBT.png Z85Oomo.png Game!
Wishlist
bN7rFE2.png 50307145.png Star a
Dragon
N24Y7nO.png
I'm hoping for a White Christmas. Just not on the roads. [img]https://i.imgur.com/C64Z8xm.jpg[/img]
I'm hoping for a White Christmas. Just not on the roads.

C64Z8xm.jpg
ddld6dc.png
Lol, nice! We were below freezing the last few days, and today was around or above it, still have over a foot of snow lying around though. I will get something more picture-y or at least less vague on temps in a bit. And that's in the Eastern sector of the USA, with rain coming in a few days. So that lovely set of holidays you are seeing on your weekly forecasts will likely be mush and mud over here, slush, or if things get crazy, a sheet of ice. (And if that happens, you get pictures, because it will be pretty, and deadly, since we live up a pretty big hill.)
Thanks for doing this! Sounds lovely!
Lol, nice! We were below freezing the last few days, and today was around or above it, still have over a foot of snow lying around though. I will get something more picture-y or at least less vague on temps in a bit. And that's in the Eastern sector of the USA, with rain coming in a few days. So that lovely set of holidays you are seeing on your weekly forecasts will likely be mush and mud over here, slush, or if things get crazy, a sheet of ice. (And if that happens, you get pictures, because it will be pretty, and deadly, since we live up a pretty big hill.)
Thanks for doing this! Sounds lovely!
@gn0me

Heads up - this kind of thread should probably be in General Discussion.
@gn0me

Heads up - this kind of thread should probably be in General Discussion.
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo5_100.pngiiadg18.png
this week the highs have been from 17ºC to 31ºC. it's barely starting to cool down a little bit. i remember how my breath used to fog up by mid november when i was little. global warming :(
this week the highs have been from 17ºC to 31ºC. it's barely starting to cool down a little bit. i remember how my breath used to fog up by mid november when i was little. global warming :(
[quote name="8Spitfire8" date="2020-12-21 21:54:08" ] I'm hoping for a White Christmas. Just not on the roads. [/quote] @8Spitfire8 you might be the only one of us with any hope of that! XD @Sinjin haha, that's great, you and I are the same weather, but very different places! Oh, and slightly different temperatures, lol. @HolyShipper @MeadowMatriarch @ItMeansHope @handfulofbees Got any fun weather later this week? So far the thread has: a balmy warm as heck, two rains, and a hopeful continued snow.
8Spitfire8 wrote on 2020-12-21 21:54:08:
I'm hoping for a White Christmas. Just not on the roads.

@8Spitfire8 you might be the only one of us with any hope of that! XD

@Sinjin haha, that's great, you and I are the same weather, but very different places!
Oh, and slightly different temperatures, lol.

@HolyShipper @MeadowMatriarch @ItMeansHope @handfulofbees
Got any fun weather later this week? So far the thread has: a balmy warm as heck, two rains, and a hopeful continued snow.
It's supposed to snow on XMAS here but we live in this really weird spot where the weather never ends up being accurate. Something about the geography here makes storms just miss us. Superstorm Sandy did nothing to us despite passing directly over us. Unfortunately, that means snow storms are uncommon. Haven't had a good snow in 2 years.

Though... wouldn't this go in general discussion?
It's supposed to snow on XMAS here but we live in this really weird spot where the weather never ends up being accurate. Something about the geography here makes storms just miss us. Superstorm Sandy did nothing to us despite passing directly over us. Unfortunately, that means snow storms are uncommon. Haven't had a good snow in 2 years.

Though... wouldn't this go in general discussion?
Unfortunately it doesn't look like we're getting a white Christmas in Toronto. It's slightly above 0, so all we're getting is rain. Where's our stereotypical Canadian snow? >:(
Unfortunately it doesn't look like we're getting a white Christmas in Toronto. It's slightly above 0, so all we're getting is rain. Where's our stereotypical Canadian snow? >:(
jCVhFoZ.gif
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Aa05LfN.png[/img] smh ;-; I mean the weather has been like this for literally every year so idk what I expected lol
Aa05LfN.png
smh ;-;
I mean the weather has been like this for literally every year so idk what I expected lol
QPhiJOS.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9