Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Speculative evolution, anyone?
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 61 62
Hmmm...
I guess I’d hoped for something like Jay Eaton’s Runaway to the Stars, like a simplified and I dunno... a more visually appealing version of Sniaiad? I really like Snaiad... but I don’t think it would go very well as a pitch for an animated mockumentary.
Hmmm...
I guess I’d hoped for something like Jay Eaton’s Runaway to the Stars, like a simplified and I dunno... a more visually appealing version of Sniaiad? I really like Snaiad... but I don’t think it would go very well as a pitch for an animated mockumentary.
runaway to the stars yes!!!!!!!! ive been kinda looking at their tumblr for a while too and i love those posts on the worldbuilding n such though i have no clue what actually happens in the story lmao i havent followed that
zoophagous and iguanodont also have some cool specbio stuff
runaway to the stars yes!!!!!!!! ive been kinda looking at their tumblr for a while too and i love those posts on the worldbuilding n such though i have no clue what actually happens in the story lmao i havent followed that
zoophagous and iguanodont also have some cool specbio stuff
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
OH! I haven’t looked at Iguanodont’s tumblr in ages. Wow there’s a lot of new spec evo stuff! Either that or I just got sucked into the wurm-otter and merpeople art and didn’t even check out all these other cool entries.
OH! I haven’t looked at Iguanodont’s tumblr in ages. Wow there’s a lot of new spec evo stuff! Either that or I just got sucked into the wurm-otter and merpeople art and didn’t even check out all these other cool entries.
I browse r/SpeculativeEvolution. Sturgeon's Law is in effect, but there's some neat smaller projects there. Tumblr is definitely better for keeping all of your project in one place, though.
I browse r/SpeculativeEvolution. Sturgeon's Law is in effect, but there's some neat smaller projects there. Tumblr is definitely better for keeping all of your project in one place, though.
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
still readin serina (im at cryocene) and im trying to not spoil myself on anythin upcoming and its so exciting to read abt somethin new and really interestin!! i just read about bloons and birdwhales and its just SO SO crazy
still readin serina (im at cryocene) and im trying to not spoil myself on anythin upcoming and its so exciting to read abt somethin new and really interestin!! i just read about bloons and birdwhales and its just SO SO crazy
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
There’s a new Serina update, with further fleshing out of aquatic ecosystems and some very interesting new developments on land.
There’s a new Serina update, with further fleshing out of aquatic ecosystems and some very interesting new developments on land.
Ooooh, aquatic! All the sea mittens look like creatures from my dreams. Also the gravedigger is a neat little dude.
Ooooh, aquatic! All the sea mittens look like creatures from my dreams. Also the gravedigger is a neat little dude.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
I love specevo!! I've had a couple ideas in the past, but one that I'm proud of is my idea for a planet whose sea has been turned into a gelatin-like substance by its dominant life form, an animal similar to coral in structure that emits a gelatinous substance to trap its microscopic prey. The conditions were so favourable for this life form that their population exploded, and now the better part of the planet's ocean has been turned into jelly. Other life forms have since adapted to these conditions and have grown to rely on them. I haven't drawn this "jelly machine" yet, but I have drawn another speculative animal. This was... a couple years ago, but I'm still proud of this one. It's supposed to be a theoretical "flycatcher", an animal that feeds like.. some kind of terrestrial filter feeder. This image shows their scale, sexual dimorphism and skeletal structure. Given that this was a few years ago, it's not perfect in terms of accuracy, but I still think it's cool. [img]https://i.ibb.co/fNRDD5D/specevo-tippytoes.png[/img]
I love specevo!! I've had a couple ideas in the past, but one that I'm proud of is my idea for a planet whose sea has been turned into a gelatin-like substance by its dominant life form, an animal similar to coral in structure that emits a gelatinous substance to trap its microscopic prey. The conditions were so favourable for this life form that their population exploded, and now the better part of the planet's ocean has been turned into jelly. Other life forms have since adapted to these conditions and have grown to rely on them.

I haven't drawn this "jelly machine" yet, but I have drawn another speculative animal.
This was... a couple years ago, but I'm still proud of this one. It's supposed to be a theoretical "flycatcher", an animal that feeds like.. some kind of terrestrial filter feeder. This image shows their scale, sexual dimorphism and skeletal structure.
Given that this was a few years ago, it's not perfect in terms of accuracy, but I still think it's cool.
specevo-tippytoes.png
♦ THE CHROMASLICK PUS DYNASTY ♦
div2.png

♦ Tofu
♦ He/Him
♦ FR +16
[quote name="sunnySerina" date="2020-12-14 16:31:27" ] There’s a new Serina update, with further fleshing out of aquatic ecosystems and some very interesting new developments on land. [/quote] wow!! im still reading through serina, so far at late pangeacene and oh my GOD does it get insane i love it so much like??? the birds evolve larvae and then become deer with bird faces??? the fish have become three legged rodents????? i am here for every crazy twist n turn evolution throws at me in serina edit: i just barely got to ultimacene and its just getting so sad now
sunnySerina wrote on 2020-12-14 16:31:27:
wow!! im still reading through serina, so far at late pangeacene and oh my GOD does it get insane i love it so much
like??? the birds evolve larvae and then become deer with bird faces??? the fish have become three legged rodents????? i am here for every crazy twist n turn evolution throws at me in serina

edit: i just barely got to ultimacene and its just getting so sad now
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
[quote name="PixelSpiral" date="2020-12-15 00:55:00" ] [quote name="sunnySerina" date="2020-12-14 16:31:27" ] There’s a new Serina update, with further fleshing out of aquatic ecosystems and some very interesting new developments on land. [/quote] wow!! im still reading through serina, so far at late pangeacene and oh my GOD does it get insane i love it so much like??? the birds evolve larvae and then become deer with bird faces??? the fish have become three legged rodents????? i am here for every crazy twist n turn evolution throws at me in serina edit: i just barely got to ultimacene and its just getting so sad now [/quote] Keep an eye on those rodents, they’ll become much more. The weirdness of the creatures you mentioned makes you realize how strange the history of life on Earth is when you think about it. Like, who would have ever come up with an elephant if they didn’t exist? Or a whale?
PixelSpiral wrote on 2020-12-15 00:55:00:
sunnySerina wrote on 2020-12-14 16:31:27:
wow!! im still reading through serina, so far at late pangeacene and oh my GOD does it get insane i love it so much
like??? the birds evolve larvae and then become deer with bird faces??? the fish have become three legged rodents????? i am here for every crazy twist n turn evolution throws at me in serina

edit: i just barely got to ultimacene and its just getting so sad now
Keep an eye on those rodents, they’ll become much more.

The weirdness of the creatures you mentioned makes you realize how strange the history of life on Earth is when you think about it. Like, who would have ever come up with an elephant if they didn’t exist? Or a whale?
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 61 62