Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [HUB] Wings of Fire
1 2 ... 131 132 133 134 135 ... 152 153
[quote name="AndromedaFlight" date="2021-04-14 14:54:46" ] [quote name="TruthseekerSky6" date="2021-04-14 14:44:58" ] [quote name="AndromedaFlight" date="2021-04-14 14:29:54" ] [quote name="Tsunami102" date="2021-04-14 14:21:03" ] I like most of the dragonslayer characters, but Leaf x Ivy came out of nowhere, and Leaf's whole 'my sister died and I want REVENGE' thing could have actually been an emotional character arc if it weren't for the fact that the way it was written makes me want to slap him and yell at him that Wren is still alive. I really don't want this turning into a [size=5][b]dragons-ride-on-humans series[/b][/size], but I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world to have a few be plot relevant. I mean, they were in book 5, and that's personally one of my favourite books in the series. (After DS, but I think everybody agrees that that book is amazing.) Soo... yeah. (brownie points if you get the reference) [/quote] I’m gonna draw this if it’s the last thing I do, imagine a ten-ton dragon just riding around on a glorified monkey Also gimme the brownie points I love OSP [/quote] [i]squints[/i] OSP reference? Where? [/quote] Red ends her trope talks with “so.....yeah” Tsunami102 ended their post with the same phrase and a direct reference to the phrase being a possible reference to something [/quote] [i]facetalons[/i] WHY DIDN’T I SEE THAT
AndromedaFlight wrote on 2021-04-14 14:54:46:
TruthseekerSky6 wrote on 2021-04-14 14:44:58:
AndromedaFlight wrote on 2021-04-14 14:29:54:
Tsunami102 wrote on 2021-04-14 14:21:03:
I like most of the dragonslayer characters, but Leaf x Ivy came out of nowhere, and Leaf's whole 'my sister died and I want REVENGE' thing could have actually been an emotional character arc if it weren't for the fact that the way it was written makes me want to slap him and yell at him that Wren is still alive. I really don't want this turning into a dragons-ride-on-humans series, but I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world to have a few be plot relevant. I mean, they were in book 5, and that's personally one of my favourite books in the series. (After DS, but I think everybody agrees that that book is amazing.)

Soo... yeah. (brownie points if you get the reference)
I’m gonna draw this if it’s the last thing I do, imagine a ten-ton dragon just riding around on a glorified monkey

Also gimme the brownie points I love OSP
squints OSP reference? Where?
Red ends her trope talks with “so.....yeah”
Tsunami102 ended their post with the same phrase and a direct reference to the phrase being a possible reference to something
facetalons WHY DIDN’T I SEE THAT
TEIDUqh.gifqZwEAEI.png Qef5UlF.png
yzVHkx9.png
1j6wDhn.png
reHWBXk.png
JvUa9ma.png
27568530-2928-11eb-95d4-432813eda697.gif
Huge Wings of Fire fan, woo!
+++++++++++++++++++
I walked back in here and I see this.
I walked back in here and I see this.
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
LMAO
LMAO
yzVHkx9.png
1j6wDhn.png
reHWBXk.png
JvUa9ma.png
+++++++++++++++++++
[quote name="Tsunami102" date="2021-04-14 14:21:03" ] I like most of the dragonslayer characters, but Leaf x Ivy came out of nowhere, and Leaf's whole 'my sister died and I want REVENGE' thing could have actually been an emotional character arc if it weren't for the fact that the way it was written makes me want to slap him and yell at him that Wren is still alive. I really don't want this turning into a dragons-ride-on-humans series, but I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world to have a few be plot relevant. I mean, they were in book 5, and that's personally one of my favourite books in the series. (After DS, but I think everybody agrees that that book is amazing.) Soo... yeah. (brownie points if you get the reference) [/quote] YES YES AND YES. I really wanted to slap Leaf for a while... Stop talking to your "dead" sister in your head I feel like that's a bit creepy. Also the way the real Wren loves dragons and the one in his head is like "KILL THEM KILL THEM ALL I MUST BE AVENGED". It's gross. Yeah Leaf was definitely my least fav character in that book. I also didn't love how Tui wrote it so the ruler guy who's Rose's brother (I can't remember his name) would seem like the worst character possible. Then again, if he is the worst character possible, then yeah. I didn't like him. He felt no grief towards his dead sister, and only cared about the treasure and his rep of being this amazing dragon killer when he's actually torrified of them and too lazy to kill one even if he wasn't.
I like most of the dragonslayer characters, but Leaf x Ivy came out of nowhere, and Leaf's whole 'my sister died and I want REVENGE' thing could have actually been an emotional character arc if it weren't for the fact that the way it was written makes me want to slap him and yell at him that Wren is still alive. I really don't want this turning into a dragons-ride-on-humans series, but I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world to have a few be plot relevant. I mean, they were in book 5, and that's personally one of my favourite books in the series. (After DS, but I think everybody agrees that that book is amazing.)

YES YES AND YES.

I really wanted to slap Leaf for a while... Stop talking to your "dead" sister in your head I feel like that's a bit creepy. Also the way the real Wren loves dragons and the one in his head is like "KILL THEM KILL THEM ALL I MUST BE AVENGED". It's gross.

Yeah Leaf was definitely my least fav character in that book. I also didn't love how Tui wrote it so the ruler guy who's Rose's brother (I can't remember his name) would seem like the worst character possible. Then again, if he is the worst character possible, then yeah. I didn't like him. He felt no grief towards his dead sister, and only cared about the treasure and his rep of being this amazing dragon killer when he's actually torrified of them and too lazy to kill one even if he wasn't.
Smoky-Bantam-Fangar.png ~call me Amethyst!
~she/her
~straight
~Fr+3
~check out this super cool hatchery!
~and this other cool subspecies!
~Idk
~Every day I play a game online where you dress up overgrown lizards. Oh wait...
[quote name="AmethystSeaWing" date="2021-04-14 20:05:09" ] [quote name="Tsunami102" date="2021-04-14 14:21:03" ] I like most of the dragonslayer characters, but Leaf x Ivy came out of nowhere, and Leaf's whole 'my sister died and I want REVENGE' thing could have actually been an emotional character arc if it weren't for the fact that the way it was written makes me want to slap him and yell at him that Wren is still alive. I really don't want this turning into a dragons-ride-on-humans series, but I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world to have a few be plot relevant. I mean, they were in book 5, and that's personally one of my favourite books in the series. (After DS, but I think everybody agrees that that book is amazing.) Soo... yeah. (brownie points if you get the reference) [/quote] YES YES AND YES. I really wanted to slap Leaf for a while... Stop talking to your "dead" sister in your head I feel like that's a bit creepy. Also the way the real Wren loves dragons and the one in his head is like "KILL THEM KILL THEM ALL I MUST BE AVENGED". It's gross. Yeah Leaf was definitely my least fav character in that book. I also didn't love how Tui wrote it so the ruler guy who's Rose's brother (I can't remember his name) would seem like the worst character possible. Then again, if he is the worst character possible, then yeah. I didn't like him. He felt no grief towards his dead sister, and only cared about the treasure and his rep of being this amazing dragon killer when he's actually torrified of them and too lazy to kill one even if he wasn't. [/quote] Rose's brother's name is Heath, just as a friendly reminder. [spoiler]And don't forget the fact that Heath wasn't the one who killed Queen Oasis, but his and Rose's oldest brother, Stone, who only didn't get the credit because he didn't want the fame and he cared more about his loss than he did about the treasure.[/spoiler] I'll admit I didn't really care much for Heath either but then again, and the fact that he had always been rather greedy makes him even less of a likable character which, as you pointed out, seems to possibly be the point. He also ignored those he was ruling when they kept on trying to tell him what he should do to make everyone safer and to make things more stable, and he would get into verbal fights with his wife.
AmethystSeaWing wrote on 2021-04-14 20:05:09:

YES YES AND YES.

I really wanted to slap Leaf for a while... Stop talking to your "dead" sister in your head I feel like that's a bit creepy. Also the way the real Wren loves dragons and the one in his head is like "KILL THEM KILL THEM ALL I MUST BE AVENGED". It's gross.

Yeah Leaf was definitely my least fav character in that book. I also didn't love how Tui wrote it so the ruler guy who's Rose's brother (I can't remember his name) would seem like the worst character possible. Then again, if he is the worst character possible, then yeah. I didn't like him. He felt no grief towards his dead sister, and only cared about the treasure and his rep of being this amazing dragon killer when he's actually torrified of them and too lazy to kill one even if he wasn't.
Rose's brother's name is Heath, just as a friendly reminder. And don't forget the fact that Heath wasn't the one who killed Queen Oasis, but his and Rose's oldest brother, Stone, who only didn't get the credit because he didn't want the fame and he cared more about his loss than he did about the treasure. I'll admit I didn't really care much for Heath either but then again, and the fact that he had always been rather greedy makes him even less of a likable character which, as you pointed out, seems to possibly be the point. He also ignored those he was ruling when they kept on trying to tell him what he should do to make everyone safer and to make things more stable, and he would get into verbal fights with his wife.
[quote name="AmeliaSageglow" date="2021-04-14 20:28:17" ] [quote name="AmethystSeaWing" date="2021-04-14 20:05:09" ] [quote name="Tsunami102" date="2021-04-14 14:21:03" ] I like most of the dragonslayer characters, but Leaf x Ivy came out of nowhere, and Leaf's whole 'my sister died and I want REVENGE' thing could have actually been an emotional character arc if it weren't for the fact that the way it was written makes me want to slap him and yell at him that Wren is still alive. I really don't want this turning into a dragons-ride-on-humans series, but I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world to have a few be plot relevant. I mean, they were in book 5, and that's personally one of my favourite books in the series. (After DS, but I think everybody agrees that that book is amazing.) Soo... yeah. (brownie points if you get the reference) [/quote] YES YES AND YES. I really wanted to slap Leaf for a while... Stop talking to your "dead" sister in your head I feel like that's a bit creepy. Also the way the real Wren loves dragons and the one in his head is like "KILL THEM KILL THEM ALL I MUST BE AVENGED". It's gross. Yeah Leaf was definitely my least fav character in that book. I also didn't love how Tui wrote it so the ruler guy who's Rose's brother (I can't remember his name) would seem like the worst character possible. Then again, if he is the worst character possible, then yeah. I didn't like him. He felt no grief towards his dead sister, and only cared about the treasure and his rep of being this amazing dragon killer when he's actually torrified of them and too lazy to kill one even if he wasn't. [/quote] Rose's brother's name is Heath, just as a friendly reminder. [spoiler]And don't forget the fact that Heath wasn't the one who killed Queen Oasis, but his and Rose's oldest brother, Stone, who only didn't get the credit because he didn't want the fame and he cared more about his loss than he did about the treasure.[/spoiler] I'll admit I didn't really care much for Heath either but then again, and the fact that he had always been rather greedy makes him even less of a likable character which, as you pointed out, seems to possibly be the point. He also ignored those he was ruling when they kept on trying to tell him what he should do to make everyone safer and to make things more stable, and he would get into verbal fights with his wife. [/quote] So Heath sucks. (We get it already, Tui, you can stop giving him kick-the-puppy moments.) And the thing about Leaf getting motivated to kill dragons falls a bit flat when [i]we know that Wren is still alive, y’all,[/i] even if he doesn’t. And Ivy was just boring. Wren’s thing didn’t have much plot, it was just her wandering around with her hatchlingpet. Also, apparently Sky must’ve hatched with the full knowledge of speaking Dragon, or Kestrel must’ve taught him everything about the language within a span of the few weeks (at most) before she had to throw him into the river. How else would he know the amount of Dragon that he does? And honestly, I don’t think Tui knows anything about creating a fictitious language (a quick hop to the wiki’s page on Dragon will prove this easily enough—apparently four syllables in Dragon can translate into an entire paragraph). Yes, this approaches nitpicking territory, but it just makes me irrationally angry that a dragon who shouldn’t know any of his kind’s language can speak entire sentences and paragraphs, and be able to teach it to a scavenger. Also, Sky’s whole “personality” just makes me want to claw something. If Tui wanted to write a story about a dragon growing up with a scavenger, she should’ve at least done research into feral people (aka actual people who grew up with animals, which is how a dragon would perceive scavengers). I’d also like to add that verbal arguments in and of themselves aren’t indicative of a bad relationship (I mean, diversity of opinion is a good thing), but if they happen too frequently, that’s a bad sign.
AmeliaSageglow wrote on 2021-04-14 20:28:17:

YES YES AND YES.

Rose's brother's name is Heath, just as a friendly reminder. And don't forget the fact that Heath wasn't the one who killed Queen Oasis, but his and Rose's oldest brother, Stone, who only didn't get the credit because he didn't want the fame and he cared more about his loss than he did about the treasure. I'll admit I didn't really care much for Heath either but then again, and the fact that he had always been rather greedy makes him even less of a likable character which, as you pointed out, seems to possibly be the point. He also ignored those he was ruling when they kept on trying to tell him what he should do to make everyone safer and to make things more stable, and he would get into verbal fights with his wife.
So Heath sucks. (We get it already, Tui, you can stop giving him kick-the-puppy moments.) And the thing about Leaf getting motivated to kill dragons falls a bit flat when we know that Wren is still alive, y’all, even if he doesn’t. And Ivy was just boring. Wren’s thing didn’t have much plot, it was just her wandering around with her hatchlingpet.

Also, apparently Sky must’ve hatched with the full knowledge of speaking Dragon, or Kestrel must’ve taught him everything about the language within a span of the few weeks (at most) before she had to throw him into the river. How else would he know the amount of Dragon that he does? And honestly, I don’t think Tui knows anything about creating a fictitious language (a quick hop to the wiki’s page on Dragon will prove this easily enough—apparently four syllables in Dragon can translate into an entire paragraph). Yes, this approaches nitpicking territory, but it just makes me irrationally angry that a dragon who shouldn’t know any of his kind’s language can speak entire sentences and paragraphs, and be able to teach it to a scavenger. Also, Sky’s whole “personality” just makes me want to claw something. If Tui wanted to write a story about a dragon growing up with a scavenger, she should’ve at least done research into feral people (aka actual people who grew up with animals, which is how a dragon would perceive scavengers).

I’d also like to add that verbal arguments in and of themselves aren’t indicative of a bad relationship (I mean, diversity of opinion is a good thing), but if they happen too frequently, that’s a bad sign.
yzVHkx9.png
1j6wDhn.png
reHWBXk.png
JvUa9ma.png
+++++++++++++++++++
Guys.

I desperately want Monarch to be the cause of the problems.

Like 2/3 of the Pantalan queens get a (debatable) mini character arc.

I want princess butterfly here to commit a murder or something come back you beautiful character concept come back and be the othermind’s evil overlord.
Guys.

I desperately want Monarch to be the cause of the problems.

Like 2/3 of the Pantalan queens get a (debatable) mini character arc.

I want princess butterfly here to commit a murder or something come back you beautiful character concept come back and be the othermind’s evil overlord.
My coliseum scavenger hunt progress!
Helping stock the AH, come see!
7zcCDc4.png
[quote name="TruthseekerSky6" date="2021-04-15 08:31:12" ] [quote name="AmeliaSageglow" date="2021-04-14 20:28:17" ] [quote name="AmethystSeaWing" date="2021-04-14 20:05:09" ] [quote name="Tsunami102" date="2021-04-14 14:21:03" ] I like most of the dragonslayer characters, but Leaf x Ivy came out of nowhere, and Leaf's whole 'my sister died and I want REVENGE' thing could have actually been an emotional character arc if it weren't for the fact that the way it was written makes me want to slap him and yell at him that Wren is still alive. I really don't want this turning into a dragons-ride-on-humans series, but I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world to have a few be plot relevant. I mean, they were in book 5, and that's personally one of my favourite books in the series. (After DS, but I think everybody agrees that that book is amazing.) Soo... yeah. (brownie points if you get the reference) [/quote] YES YES AND YES. I really wanted to slap Leaf for a while... Stop talking to your "dead" sister in your head I feel like that's a bit creepy. Also the way the real Wren loves dragons and the one in his head is like "KILL THEM KILL THEM ALL I MUST BE AVENGED". It's gross. Yeah Leaf was definitely my least fav character in that book. I also didn't love how Tui wrote it so the ruler guy who's Rose's brother (I can't remember his name) would seem like the worst character possible. Then again, if he is the worst character possible, then yeah. I didn't like him. He felt no grief towards his dead sister, and only cared about the treasure and his rep of being this amazing dragon killer when he's actually torrified of them and too lazy to kill one even if he wasn't. [/quote] Rose's brother's name is Heath, just as a friendly reminder. [spoiler]And don't forget the fact that Heath wasn't the one who killed Queen Oasis, but his and Rose's oldest brother, Stone, who only didn't get the credit because he didn't want the fame and he cared more about his loss than he did about the treasure.[/spoiler] I'll admit I didn't really care much for Heath either but then again, and the fact that he had always been rather greedy makes him even less of a likable character which, as you pointed out, seems to possibly be the point. He also ignored those he was ruling when they kept on trying to tell him what he should do to make everyone safer and to make things more stable, and he would get into verbal fights with his wife. [/quote] So Heath sucks. (We get it already, Tui, you can stop giving him kick-the-puppy moments.) And the thing about Leaf getting motivated to kill dragons falls a bit flat when [i]we know that Wren is still alive, y’all,[/i] even if he doesn’t. And Ivy was just boring. Wren’s thing didn’t have much plot, it was just her wandering around with her hatchlingpet. Also, apparently Sky must’ve hatched with the full knowledge of speaking Dragon, or Kestrel must’ve taught him everything about the language within a span of the few weeks (at most) before she had to throw him into the river. How else would he know the amount of Dragon that he does? And honestly, I don’t think Tui knows anything about creating a fictitious language (a quick hop to the wiki’s page on Dragon will prove this easily enough—apparently four syllables in Dragon can translate into an entire paragraph). Yes, this approaches nitpicking territory, but it just makes me irrationally angry that a dragon who shouldn’t know any of his kind’s language can speak entire sentences and paragraphs, and be able to teach it to a scavenger. Also, Sky’s whole “personality” just makes me want to claw something. If Tui wanted to write a story about a dragon growing up with a scavenger, she should’ve at least done research into feral people (aka actual people who grew up with animals, which is how a dragon would perceive scavengers). I’d also like to add that verbal arguments in and of themselves aren’t indicative of a bad relationship (I mean, diversity of opinion is a good thing), but if they happen too frequently, that’s a bad sign. [/quote] Well I mean, language isn't a huge issue. Language truly is just different tones and noises strawn together to make sentences. There's even a whole language of just whistling, I'm sure growls and chirps would be no different.
TruthseekerSky6 wrote on 2021-04-15 08:31:12:
AmeliaSageglow wrote on 2021-04-14 20:28:17:

YES YES AND YES.

So Heath sucks. (We get it already, Tui, you can stop giving him kick-the-puppy moments.) And the thing about Leaf getting motivated to kill dragons falls a bit flat when we know that Wren is still alive, y’all, even if he doesn’t. And Ivy was just boring. Wren’s thing didn’t have much plot, it was just her wandering around with her hatchlingpet.

Also, apparently Sky must’ve hatched with the full knowledge of speaking Dragon, or Kestrel must’ve taught him everything about the language within a span of the few weeks (at most) before she had to throw him into the river. How else would he know the amount of Dragon that he does? And honestly, I don’t think Tui knows anything about creating a fictitious language (a quick hop to the wiki’s page on Dragon will prove this easily enough—apparently four syllables in Dragon can translate into an entire paragraph). Yes, this approaches nitpicking territory, but it just makes me irrationally angry that a dragon who shouldn’t know any of his kind’s language can speak entire sentences and paragraphs, and be able to teach it to a scavenger. Also, Sky’s whole “personality” just makes me want to claw something. If Tui wanted to write a story about a dragon growing up with a scavenger, she should’ve at least done research into feral people (aka actual people who grew up with animals, which is how a dragon would perceive scavengers).

I’d also like to add that verbal arguments in and of themselves aren’t indicative of a bad relationship (I mean, diversity of opinion is a good thing), but if they happen too frequently, that’s a bad sign.

Well I mean, language isn't a huge issue. Language truly is just different tones and noises strawn together to make sentences. There's even a whole language of just whistling, I'm sure growls and chirps would be no different.
a53046431071_9a2c62a39e_o.png

a
saltypie
• fr+3
• he/him
• uma & g1 addict
@emberboop
can i join?
@emberboop
can i join?
wishlist

screams in cursive
[quote name="saltypie" date="2021-04-20 08:23:05" ] Well I mean, language isn't a huge issue. Language truly is just different tones and noises strawn together to make sentences. There's even a whole language of just whistling, I'm sure growls and chirps would be no different. [/quote] Oh, language most definitely isn’t just a bunch of “tones and noises”. My brother is freaking obsessed with linguistics (the study of language, it’s a whole field) and he is always talking about cases and conjugation and grammatical evolution and stuff I don’t know about. [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whistled_language]Things that sound nifty on the surface are actually much deeper when you actually start digging.[/url] You can’t make a language just by stringing nonsense syllables together.
saltypie wrote on 2021-04-20 08:23:05:
Well I mean, language isn't a huge issue. Language truly is just different tones and noises strawn together to make sentences. There's even a whole language of just whistling, I'm sure growls and chirps would be no different.
Oh, language most definitely isn’t just a bunch of “tones and noises”. My brother is freaking obsessed with linguistics (the study of language, it’s a whole field) and he is always talking about cases and conjugation and grammatical evolution and stuff I don’t know about. Things that sound nifty on the surface are actually much deeper when you actually start digging. You can’t make a language just by stringing nonsense syllables together.
yzVHkx9.png
1j6wDhn.png
reHWBXk.png
JvUa9ma.png
+++++++++++++++++++
1 2 ... 131 132 133 134 135 ... 152 153