Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Interest Check: Music?
1 2
Hi there! It's me again (I feel like I'm getting too annoying about this). One of the things that I was wondering is if I could ever be able to open a Band Camp page and sell my music there for some extra money. There's just one problem: I don't know if people would even be wanting to pay for what I have to offer.

So

I'm checking here to see if my music amounts up to selling-quality. I'm only going to be posting the two most recent examples from my YT channel because those two songs were made when I was able to navigate FL studio better.

Crystal Ocean (I think I showed this here once)

Astral Shatter (Mind the funny image)

Updates:

Cloud Spires

Wind-Chilled Stone

I'm actually really nervous about posting here for some reason, but thank you in advance for any feedback :)
Hi there! It's me again (I feel like I'm getting too annoying about this). One of the things that I was wondering is if I could ever be able to open a Band Camp page and sell my music there for some extra money. There's just one problem: I don't know if people would even be wanting to pay for what I have to offer.

So

I'm checking here to see if my music amounts up to selling-quality. I'm only going to be posting the two most recent examples from my YT channel because those two songs were made when I was able to navigate FL studio better.

Crystal Ocean (I think I showed this here once)

Astral Shatter (Mind the funny image)

Updates:

Cloud Spires

Wind-Chilled Stone

I'm actually really nervous about posting here for some reason, but thank you in advance for any feedback :)
larvesta.gifvolcarona.giflarvesta.gifvolcarona.gif -
I'm still a little new to the concept of spending money (okay well, not really, the first time I got pocket money was about 10 years ago but I always only wanted to save it instead of spending so I'm a little... nervous when it comes to spending money and you could say greedy because of that?), completely new to spending it online (help) and my view of "selling quality" might be a bit distorted because one main area of music I listen to is music that sounds unfinished sooo eh.

I still wanted to tell you what I think, even if it's not useful, I listened to both of the songs and, wow, Crystal Ocean is absolutely beautiful! Definitely on the level of music I'd pay for, even if not my typical taste. Astral Shatter is not something I'd listen to often but it sounds great and while listening to it I got the exact feeling you wrote in the description, which I read afterwards. It's - in my opinion - a perfect example of well-transported emotions.
I'm still a little new to the concept of spending money (okay well, not really, the first time I got pocket money was about 10 years ago but I always only wanted to save it instead of spending so I'm a little... nervous when it comes to spending money and you could say greedy because of that?), completely new to spending it online (help) and my view of "selling quality" might be a bit distorted because one main area of music I listen to is music that sounds unfinished sooo eh.

I still wanted to tell you what I think, even if it's not useful, I listened to both of the songs and, wow, Crystal Ocean is absolutely beautiful! Definitely on the level of music I'd pay for, even if not my typical taste. Astral Shatter is not something I'd listen to often but it sounds great and while listening to it I got the exact feeling you wrote in the description, which I read afterwards. It's - in my opinion - a perfect example of well-transported emotions.
P(I have enough dragons)=1/9999999999999999999999999999^9999999
It's a bad obsession, it's always messing, it's always messing my lair
News about my dragons
@ComfortZone

Thanks for the feedback! It's reassuring to hear that I've been doing a good job at portraying emotion in my music, which is what I was striving to do. If anything, I was more worried about the technicality stuff, such as equalization (which makes the music sound clearer). But since it sounds like that's not what was focused on here, it's a bit relieving.
@ComfortZone

Thanks for the feedback! It's reassuring to hear that I've been doing a good job at portraying emotion in my music, which is what I was striving to do. If anything, I was more worried about the technicality stuff, such as equalization (which makes the music sound clearer). But since it sounds like that's not what was focused on here, it's a bit relieving.
Oooh your music is definitely good quality. They give me game ost vibes.
Oooh your music is definitely good quality. They give me game ost vibes.
blank.png
My Art
She/They
+3 FR time
divider.png
shadow.gif
oh i think these are great! def very game ost sounding!
in particular crystal ocean gives me chrono trigger vibes, and astral shatter reminds me a bit of touhou
oh i think these are great! def very game ost sounding!
in particular crystal ocean gives me chrono trigger vibes, and astral shatter reminds me a bit of touhou
8WTwXo3.gif he/they/xey
chaotic neutral
g585y1V.png
OxagJgG.png

z3FSuck.png
apUeZZ4.png
W3QjiXj.png tI1ezOM.png
2557821.png
That's what I meant by my view of selling quality is distorted - since I listen to a lot of not selling quality songs, my requirements are very very low. To me music is selling quality very early, so my honest opinion is, yes, to me the quality sounds perfectly fine! But I also had to say I neither a professional nor someone who has an elite taste so my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt [emoji=fae winking size=1]
That's what I meant by my view of selling quality is distorted - since I listen to a lot of not selling quality songs, my requirements are very very low. To me music is selling quality very early, so my honest opinion is, yes, to me the quality sounds perfectly fine! But I also had to say I neither a professional nor someone who has an elite taste so my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt
P(I have enough dragons)=1/9999999999999999999999999999^9999999
It's a bad obsession, it's always messing, it's always messing my lair
News about my dragons
Update:

I just uploaded everything that I've completed to Bandcamp! The good news is that Bandcamp accepts .wav files, so everything there is what I intended for it to sound like and not like the stupid compression that Youtube does.

https://frozenemu.bandcamp.com/

Also I will have a new song out by the end of the month.
Update:

I just uploaded everything that I've completed to Bandcamp! The good news is that Bandcamp accepts .wav files, so everything there is what I intended for it to sound like and not like the stupid compression that Youtube does.

https://frozenemu.bandcamp.com/

Also I will have a new song out by the end of the month.
These are really nice! I'm not a huge fan of loose songs, but if you ever put out an album I'd be very interested in it.
These are really nice! I'm not a huge fan of loose songs, but if you ever put out an album I'd be very interested in it.
giphy.gif
BanescaleSig.png
giphy.gif
Some of my favorite artists are Glass Animals, Vampire Weekend, Muse, the Shins, Bright Eyes, Cavetown, Sub Urban, Melanie Martinez, Giant Rooks, Gorillaz, Beck, Modest Mouse, and Everything Everything.

I have weird taste, I know.
Some of my favorite artists are Glass Animals, Vampire Weekend, Muse, the Shins, Bright Eyes, Cavetown, Sub Urban, Melanie Martinez, Giant Rooks, Gorillaz, Beck, Modest Mouse, and Everything Everything.

I have weird taste, I know.
Nothing much to say here.

slCEFYq.png
sZShZzW.png
I don't buy music on BandCamp (or at all, for that matter) so unfortunately I can't say anything about that. But I really liked the songs! They're very aesthetic and vibe-y, and now I want to listen to more on your YouTube channel.
I don't buy music on BandCamp (or at all, for that matter) so unfortunately I can't say anything about that. But I really liked the songs! They're very aesthetic and vibe-y, and now I want to listen to more on your YouTube channel.
1 2