Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Unknown Video Games
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
ik someone just mentioned pokemon conquest but how about fae tactics? similar style overall but all the overworld management is a lot more simple while the battles are surprisingly more complex once it gets going. it's actually a fairly new game that came out earlier this year and has a seemingly simple story and some amazing music (I'll admit, I wanted to fight the final boss again bc I liked the theme so much)

on the topic of pokemon, I'd also like to shout out the ranger series, especially guardian signs. the series is from gen 3-4 and while a lot of people talk about shadows of alima, the other two games kinda just exist. the main stuff about the series is how the 'battles' work (you basically draw circles to temporarily befriend pokemon, which can then help you out later) and in guardian signs, a riding system similar to oras/gen 7 which I still love to this day
ik someone just mentioned pokemon conquest but how about fae tactics? similar style overall but all the overworld management is a lot more simple while the battles are surprisingly more complex once it gets going. it's actually a fairly new game that came out earlier this year and has a seemingly simple story and some amazing music (I'll admit, I wanted to fight the final boss again bc I liked the theme so much)

on the topic of pokemon, I'd also like to shout out the ranger series, especially guardian signs. the series is from gen 3-4 and while a lot of people talk about shadows of alima, the other two games kinda just exist. the main stuff about the series is how the 'battles' work (you basically draw circles to temporarily befriend pokemon, which can then help you out later) and in guardian signs, a riding system similar to oras/gen 7 which I still love to this day
unknown.png
oooo okay so i love "helltaker", its a free puzzle game on steam and theres cool art of fun demon gals
oooo okay so i love "helltaker", its a free puzzle game on steam and theres cool art of fun demon gals
cLyqlLC.png ohIIK44.gif ryI0nlX.png iI9ljTj.png
[quote name="ShadowOfTheBird" date="2020-10-27 10:30:23" ] Not really "unknown", but outside of certain communities I literally never see the Rune Factory series talked about. It's basically Harvest Moon meets high fantasy JRPG: grow crops, romance townsfolk, and fight monsters in a number of different areas through a cohesive plotline. Highly recommend, Rune Factory 4 got a remaster for the Switch a few months ago and Rune Factory 5 is currently in development! [/quote] Yo I came here specifically to say Rune Factory!! That whole series is my favorite set of video games, and they inspired me to go into video games as a career. O: I just absolutely love the world, the characters, and the vast amount of things to do. I love having both casual mechanics and real time dungeon/battle mechanics. It's so great having a game where I can spend an in-game day fighting monsters, advancing the plot, and exploring dungeons--then spend an in game day just watering my plants and talking to villagers. I just dang love that variety in pacing. My favorite of them all is Rune Factory 2, because of the story with twists, but I am also a huge fan of Rune Factory Frontier for the graphics style and music and vibe. I am so stoked for the 5th one coming out next year. [quote name="prosopagnosia" date="2020-11-09 07:39:40" ] pokemon super mystery dungeon is so good. the ost, the story, the characters, the map, the gameplay.. i love everything about it and i never see people talking about it. the other mystery dungeon games such as explorers of sky are well-known, but i feel like pokemon super mystery dungeon is usually overlooked. it's one of my favorite video games ever and i genuinely fell in love with all of the characters, especially your partner. i wish some more people would give it love! [/quote] Gotta agree here, I was really surprised by that game! I loved the earlier mystery dungeon games, but that one is also super good. I love all the towns and the story......... actually now that I think about it I still haven't beaten it?? It's hella long, in the best way.
ShadowOfTheBird wrote on 2020-10-27 10:30:23:
Not really "unknown", but outside of certain communities I literally never see the Rune Factory series talked about. It's basically Harvest Moon meets high fantasy JRPG: grow crops, romance townsfolk, and fight monsters in a number of different areas through a cohesive plotline. Highly recommend, Rune Factory 4 got a remaster for the Switch a few months ago and Rune Factory 5 is currently in development!

Yo I came here specifically to say Rune Factory!! That whole series is my favorite set of video games, and they inspired me to go into video games as a career. O:

I just absolutely love the world, the characters, and the vast amount of things to do. I love having both casual mechanics and real time dungeon/battle mechanics. It's so great having a game where I can spend an in-game day fighting monsters, advancing the plot, and exploring dungeons--then spend an in game day just watering my plants and talking to villagers. I just dang love that variety in pacing. My favorite of them all is Rune Factory 2, because of the story with twists, but I am also a huge fan of Rune Factory Frontier for the graphics style and music and vibe. I am so stoked for the 5th one coming out next year.
prosopagnosia wrote on 2020-11-09 07:39:40:
pokemon super mystery dungeon is so good. the ost, the story, the characters, the map, the gameplay.. i love everything about it and i never see people talking about it. the other mystery dungeon games such as explorers of sky are well-known, but i feel like pokemon super mystery dungeon is usually overlooked. it's one of my favorite video games ever and i genuinely fell in love with all of the characters, especially your partner. i wish some more people would give it love!

Gotta agree here, I was really surprised by that game! I loved the earlier mystery dungeon games, but that one is also super good. I love all the towns and the story......... actually now that I think about it I still haven't beaten it?? It's hella long, in the best way.
eP65k0J.png
Lobotomy Corp and Library of Ruina is what I'm die hard to share to people because I'm very passion about the story and lore and the world they set in with the meaning behind it all.

Lobotomy corp is a abnormalities Management Rogue-Lite Simulation game inspired by the monsters from game and movies such as SCP Foundation, Cabin in the woods and Warehouse 13. The game is not the best at performance or game play but it make the stories, the characters, the abnormalities, the world, I feel in love with it all.

Library of Ruina is the sequel of Lobotomy corp so characters from the last game will re-appear beside new one and the stories is expand beyond the little facility we were in, as it is describe "a game that uses the concept of a “Library Battle Simulation”.You will invite guests to the Library and engage in combat with them to gain 'Books' with their stories"
If ya wondering how fighting guests give ya book, we murder them and compress they whole being into a book :)

Both game world takes place on Earth many years into the future, humans have exhausted nearly all resources of the planet. Suddenly the powerful technologies are discovered and harnessed by various corporations. These advance technology so greatly that what was thought science fiction becomes reality. Examples being teleportation, nanotechnology, androids, and other sci-fi tech.

These mega corporations would grow to control vast sectors of cities, becoming the dominant force and government. To control these corporations would be a mysterious group that rules the world with a dystopian grip. These all gather in one gigantic urban complex.

With this advancement in technology and power, comes a massive gap between the rich and poor, to the point where there are two different urban sectors splitting the castes. The poor live in a labyrinth of crammed alleyways and streets where crime runs rampant and human mortality is at an all time high.

Meanwhile the upper class live in a place where bright-lit skyscrapers and neon lights line the streets, but hidden behind the glamour is a corporate world as unforgiving as where the poor is.

In a cutthroat world, mercenaries rise to solve any problems citizens have, whether be simple chores or assassination. They combat the Syndicates and perform corporate work for the Wings and Associations.
Lobotomy Corp and Library of Ruina is what I'm die hard to share to people because I'm very passion about the story and lore and the world they set in with the meaning behind it all.

Lobotomy corp is a abnormalities Management Rogue-Lite Simulation game inspired by the monsters from game and movies such as SCP Foundation, Cabin in the woods and Warehouse 13. The game is not the best at performance or game play but it make the stories, the characters, the abnormalities, the world, I feel in love with it all.

Library of Ruina is the sequel of Lobotomy corp so characters from the last game will re-appear beside new one and the stories is expand beyond the little facility we were in, as it is describe "a game that uses the concept of a “Library Battle Simulation”.You will invite guests to the Library and engage in combat with them to gain 'Books' with their stories"
If ya wondering how fighting guests give ya book, we murder them and compress they whole being into a book :)

Both game world takes place on Earth many years into the future, humans have exhausted nearly all resources of the planet. Suddenly the powerful technologies are discovered and harnessed by various corporations. These advance technology so greatly that what was thought science fiction becomes reality. Examples being teleportation, nanotechnology, androids, and other sci-fi tech.

These mega corporations would grow to control vast sectors of cities, becoming the dominant force and government. To control these corporations would be a mysterious group that rules the world with a dystopian grip. These all gather in one gigantic urban complex.

With this advancement in technology and power, comes a massive gap between the rich and poor, to the point where there are two different urban sectors splitting the castes. The poor live in a labyrinth of crammed alleyways and streets where crime runs rampant and human mortality is at an all time high.

Meanwhile the upper class live in a place where bright-lit skyscrapers and neon lights line the streets, but hidden behind the glamour is a corporate world as unforgiving as where the poor is.

In a cutthroat world, mercenaries rise to solve any problems citizens have, whether be simple chores or assassination. They combat the Syndicates and perform corporate work for the Wings and Associations.
ZNFnNga.pngwUUwxGI.pngL4bPcPD.png
[quote name="@prosopagnosia" date="2020-11-09 07:39:40" ] pokemon super mystery dungeon is so good. the ost, the story, the characters, the map, the gameplay.. i love everything about it and i never see people talking about it. the other mystery dungeon games such as explorers of sky are well-known, but i feel like pokemon super mystery dungeon is usually overlooked. it's one of my favorite video games ever and i genuinely fell in love with all of the characters, especially your partner. i wish some more people would give it love! [/quote] Super Mystery Dungeon? I remember that! I still have it and I absolutely loved it. The gameplay was pretty fun! (And yes, your character’s partner is amazing xd. Mine was a Mudkip)
@prosopagnosia wrote on 2020-11-09 07:39:40:
pokemon super mystery dungeon is so good. the ost, the story, the characters, the map, the gameplay.. i love everything about it and i never see people talking about it. the other mystery dungeon games such as explorers of sky are well-known, but i feel like pokemon super mystery dungeon is usually overlooked. it's one of my favorite video games ever and i genuinely fell in love with all of the characters, especially your partner. i wish some more people would give it love!

Super Mystery Dungeon? I remember that! I still have it and I absolutely loved it. The gameplay was pretty fun! (And yes, your character’s partner is amazing xd. Mine was a Mudkip)
FR +2
0DPXKcU.gif
When I was younger, the only computer games I owned were I Spy videogames. It was a long time ago so I don't remember very well but I know I at least had I Spy Treasure Hunt and I Spy Fantasy. I love Fantasy, it's got three different sections: a medieval theme, a mermaid/underwater city theme, and a space/mars theme. It's probably part of why I love knights so much, lol

Recently, my brother introduced me to a game called CrossCode, which I've had a great time playing. It's based off the japanese media trope of getting stuck in an MMORPG, but the characters aren't actually stuck.

I saw someone mention Fossil Fighters here and I've been meaning to check it out, since I like dinosaurs. I also saw someone else mention Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker, which reminded me that I still need to finish it. However, I've decided to limit myself to playing only one story-heavy game at a time, so it'll have to wait until after I beat CrossCode. I hope that by limiting myself, I can actually get around to beating each game I play instead of taking months and months to finish it.
When I was younger, the only computer games I owned were I Spy videogames. It was a long time ago so I don't remember very well but I know I at least had I Spy Treasure Hunt and I Spy Fantasy. I love Fantasy, it's got three different sections: a medieval theme, a mermaid/underwater city theme, and a space/mars theme. It's probably part of why I love knights so much, lol

Recently, my brother introduced me to a game called CrossCode, which I've had a great time playing. It's based off the japanese media trope of getting stuck in an MMORPG, but the characters aren't actually stuck.

I saw someone mention Fossil Fighters here and I've been meaning to check it out, since I like dinosaurs. I also saw someone else mention Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker, which reminded me that I still need to finish it. However, I've decided to limit myself to playing only one story-heavy game at a time, so it'll have to wait until after I beat CrossCode. I hope that by limiting myself, I can actually get around to beating each game I play instead of taking months and months to finish it.
courier new font my beloved
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8