Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Unknown Video Games
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
SOMA:Rather old game abt robots and memories from the people that made Amnesia
Flight Rising: lol must I explain?
Epic Battle Fantasy 1-5: Amazing sidescroller battle game, love it so so much, 'tis a flash game from the olden eras
House Of Wolves:Mario,,,but with SWORDS! Also a flash game
Vampyr: Such an epic game with Skyrim-esque graphics, oldie but goodie

*Slides in BATDS and the Delicious Last Course then scuttles away*
SOMA:Rather old game abt robots and memories from the people that made Amnesia
Flight Rising: lol must I explain?
Epic Battle Fantasy 1-5: Amazing sidescroller battle game, love it so so much, 'tis a flash game from the olden eras
House Of Wolves:Mario,,,but with SWORDS! Also a flash game
Vampyr: Such an epic game with Skyrim-esque graphics, oldie but goodie

*Slides in BATDS and the Delicious Last Course then scuttles away*
russianoreo_1.gif
Fronter(s): Vicky
About our system!
My art shop!
brokenankles_2.gifspinnyidle_1.gif
To anyone who enjoys minecraft...

VINTAGE STORY.

It looks similar to minecraft, it has similar mechanics (survive, mine, build and craft, has a survival mode and creative mode) but it's most definitely not minecraft.

I'll let the Story Feature trailer speak for itself.

And here's the 1.13 Update trailer from two months back. 1.14 is almost out and it's looking gooooooood. The developer is very active over on discord and really listens to suggestions and ideas, and putting up polls on features we want to see the most or in the next update.

It's an incredibly detailed and often quite challenging and difficult game, and I highly recommend it!
To anyone who enjoys minecraft...

VINTAGE STORY.

It looks similar to minecraft, it has similar mechanics (survive, mine, build and craft, has a survival mode and creative mode) but it's most definitely not minecraft.

I'll let the Story Feature trailer speak for itself.

And here's the 1.13 Update trailer from two months back. 1.14 is almost out and it's looking gooooooood. The developer is very active over on discord and really listens to suggestions and ideas, and putting up polls on features we want to see the most or in the next update.

It's an incredibly detailed and often quite challenging and difficult game, and I highly recommend it!
Hoarding:
Wildwood Owlet 9 hours ahead of FR Sakura Owlet
@AstralKepeire @fakeviolin @LightningPrince

Y'all have EXCELLENT taste in small games and basically said the ones I was gonna.

Special note to Astral, I have spent easily 20+ hours in Pode and have looped the soundtrack countless times. It is one of my favorite games ever.

I can do y'all one better and mention a game that was showcased by DigiPen many years ago (2010) called Solace, and takes you through five stages representing grief (denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance). Really cool gameplay, even if you can beat it in like 20 mins if you know what you're doing. Just a bullet hell game, but everything you do makes music, and the music changes between stages to fit the theme (piano in denial, electric guitar in anger, etc.). It's also free because it was a showcase and y'all should give it a shot.

On a bigger scale, this doesn't really count so much, but Grim Fandango? Used to be pretty big, lotta people know about it, but it's an old adventure game from the late 90s and I feel like most people don't know about it now. I was only made aware because an ex of mine played part of it for me. Anyway if you like well-written jokes, media about Day of the Dead, and film noir, you'll probably dig it. It got a remaster on Steam, which is great since apparently before they did the remaster, the only way to play was to find a CD of it, there was no like, upload of it anywhere, or it had huge issues running on modern hardware. And the remaster also allows you to swap between the remastered and original models, which is p cool.

Gonna also mention Tasty Planet, because while it's probably not that unknown, it wouldn't probably be known to too many people outside of like, casual gaming circles, since it's such a simple game. Gameplay is reminiscent of Feeding Frenzy, you start as a microscopic blob of grey goo and eventually consume the universe. If that premise alone doesn't sell you, nothing will LOL. Guess it got a sequel, but I never played it. The music was a huge reason for me to play it. I hum along to it constantly when I play, since it's like, almost like elevator music. Here's my favorite song.

Sorry I could talk about these games all day, haha.
@AstralKepeire @fakeviolin @LightningPrince

Y'all have EXCELLENT taste in small games and basically said the ones I was gonna.

Special note to Astral, I have spent easily 20+ hours in Pode and have looped the soundtrack countless times. It is one of my favorite games ever.

I can do y'all one better and mention a game that was showcased by DigiPen many years ago (2010) called Solace, and takes you through five stages representing grief (denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance). Really cool gameplay, even if you can beat it in like 20 mins if you know what you're doing. Just a bullet hell game, but everything you do makes music, and the music changes between stages to fit the theme (piano in denial, electric guitar in anger, etc.). It's also free because it was a showcase and y'all should give it a shot.

On a bigger scale, this doesn't really count so much, but Grim Fandango? Used to be pretty big, lotta people know about it, but it's an old adventure game from the late 90s and I feel like most people don't know about it now. I was only made aware because an ex of mine played part of it for me. Anyway if you like well-written jokes, media about Day of the Dead, and film noir, you'll probably dig it. It got a remaster on Steam, which is great since apparently before they did the remaster, the only way to play was to find a CD of it, there was no like, upload of it anywhere, or it had huge issues running on modern hardware. And the remaster also allows you to swap between the remastered and original models, which is p cool.

Gonna also mention Tasty Planet, because while it's probably not that unknown, it wouldn't probably be known to too many people outside of like, casual gaming circles, since it's such a simple game. Gameplay is reminiscent of Feeding Frenzy, you start as a microscopic blob of grey goo and eventually consume the universe. If that premise alone doesn't sell you, nothing will LOL. Guess it got a sequel, but I never played it. The music was a huge reason for me to play it. I hum along to it constantly when I play, since it's like, almost like elevator music. Here's my favorite song.

Sorry I could talk about these games all day, haha.
lightningshieldl.png ePOliyb.png
Oo1lWlZ.png
QQYyU47.png
gYW0j5f.png
FObX7rS.png
rix3ppo.png
Zeke/KitKat
lightninganim3.gif
6KQB58c.png
G5AOhhN.png
cTFAUOc.png
oaolHwW.png
1AKTlm5.png
qFgWn8o.png
GFMPnvG.png
lightningshieldr.png
Dungeon Keeper man, And Heart of Darkness.
Dungeon Keeper man, And Heart of Darkness.
6WUYXR5.png Etna (FR+9)
She/They
Likes to make sprites
Gen 1 lair
spyro, devil summoner, braindead 13, legend of legaia and monster rancher
spyro, devil summoner, braindead 13, legend of legaia and monster rancher
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o8_100.png
Uhhhhh...

Yume Nikki?
Uhhhhh...

Yume Nikki?
Nothing much to say here.

slCEFYq.png
sZShZzW.png
There was a game once, something along the lines of "Disney magic kingdoms" or something
It was actually kind of fun, but no one knew the game
There was a game once, something along the lines of "Disney magic kingdoms" or something
It was actually kind of fun, but no one knew the game
- Subspecies Hatchery
- Amazing video on how to get free gems
- Cauldron Service
| She/Her | +3 FR time | Ping me! | Rest your eyes! |
i really liked afterparty. the game's made by the same maker of oxenfree
i really liked afterparty. the game's made by the same maker of oxenfree
ug7lou7.pngh1p5AvZ.pngY6VGWdQ.png
[quote name="@Witch0fDoom" date="2020-10-26 16:07:01" ] Growing up I loved the Drawn to Life games. Awesome music, fun mechanic, and a surprisingly deep plotline. I still think about the ending a lot, 10 years later.[/quote] OMG DRAWN TO LIFE!! Man that brings back memories. Speaking of which, the Nintendo DS has TONS of good obscure games... Let me write about a few of them: [b]Drawn to Life:[/b] Might as well elaborate on this one. This is a short yet emotionally impactful series of platformers that involve puzzle solving where the player draws objects using the DS stylus. These items will be seen and used all throughout the level. Explore multiple worlds and figure out the mystery of dark energy surrounding the Raposa! [b]Scribblenauts:[/b] Another creative puzzle game series by the makers of Drawn to Life. Scribblenauts is more well known in comparison, though not by much in my experience. Scribblenauts follows the story of Maxwell and his magic notebook that can summon anything! Solve problems by creating solutions using words. Need to move a wall? Why not use a huge spotted elephant? Or a wrecking ball? There's always more than one way to solve a problem, which allows for all kinds of fun and replay value! [b]Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective:[/b] Created by Shu Takumi, creator of the Ace Attorney series. This game involves the player character solving the mystery of their own murder. Solve puzzles by possessing and manipulating objects and save lives in the night of a lifetime! This one's also got an iOS port, which I [i]highly[/i] recommend! [b]Spore Creatures:[/b] Ya know that old PC game Spore about evolving an alien and watching it develop a society? Well that got quite a few spin off games! This one's the best of them imo. Spore Creatures follows your creature as you chase the alien that stole your little brother across the galaxy. Fight or make friends, it's up to you! It plays like Creature Stage with a Paper Mario aesthetic, making it rather unique but still engaging. [b]Yoshi Touch and Go:[/b] Shoutout to this little arcade style game. It got a full release, but it is more like DSiWare than an actual Yoshi game. Use the touch screen to float Baby Mario down to earth, then follow the Yoshi that carries him across the island in this endless runner. There's some extra modes like time trial and local multiplayer, but Score and Time attack are easier to start up and get into. edit: whoops forgot one! [b]Pokemon Conquest:[/b] Fire Emblem but with Pokemon and set in feudal Japan. If that sentence doesn't convince you I don't know what else will. Pokemon Conquest is a wonderful little tactics RPG about uniting the nation by conquering cities in Pokemon Battles. Each battlefield is unique and winning will often take strategy! You've really gotta think about where to move and what moves to use to win because these battles can be hard! And what's more is that there's TONS of postgame content that's also just as challenging as the core game. edit pt 2 [quote name="@Arcanedragon" date="2020-11-04 10:05:42" ] Well, I shall now talk all about Petz Catz 2. That joy of a wii game has kept me entertained for countless hours. While the plotline if fairly simple, it's nice to just play through. Pretty calming too. [/quote] Finally. someone else played this game. I played the Dogz variant but they're the same game anyway... Ivlet was the first video game character I really [i]despised[/i]... I still can't beat the final boss no matter how hard I try.
@Witch0fDoom wrote on 2020-10-26 16:07:01:
Growing up I loved the Drawn to Life games. Awesome music, fun mechanic, and a surprisingly deep plotline. I still think about the ending a lot, 10 years later.

OMG DRAWN TO LIFE!! Man that brings back memories.

Speaking of which, the Nintendo DS has TONS of good obscure games... Let me write about a few of them:

Drawn to Life: Might as well elaborate on this one. This is a short yet emotionally impactful series of platformers that involve puzzle solving where the player draws objects using the DS stylus. These items will be seen and used all throughout the level. Explore multiple worlds and figure out the mystery of dark energy surrounding the Raposa!

Scribblenauts: Another creative puzzle game series by the makers of Drawn to Life. Scribblenauts is more well known in comparison, though not by much in my experience. Scribblenauts follows the story of Maxwell and his magic notebook that can summon anything! Solve problems by creating solutions using words. Need to move a wall? Why not use a huge spotted elephant? Or a wrecking ball? There's always more than one way to solve a problem, which allows for all kinds of fun and replay value!

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective: Created by Shu Takumi, creator of the Ace Attorney series. This game involves the player character solving the mystery of their own murder. Solve puzzles by possessing and manipulating objects and save lives in the night of a lifetime! This one's also got an iOS port, which I highly recommend!

Spore Creatures: Ya know that old PC game Spore about evolving an alien and watching it develop a society? Well that got quite a few spin off games! This one's the best of them imo. Spore Creatures follows your creature as you chase the alien that stole your little brother across the galaxy. Fight or make friends, it's up to you! It plays like Creature Stage with a Paper Mario aesthetic, making it rather unique but still engaging.

Yoshi Touch and Go: Shoutout to this little arcade style game. It got a full release, but it is more like DSiWare than an actual Yoshi game. Use the touch screen to float Baby Mario down to earth, then follow the Yoshi that carries him across the island in this endless runner. There's some extra modes like time trial and local multiplayer, but Score and Time attack are easier to start up and get into.

edit: whoops forgot one!
Pokemon Conquest: Fire Emblem but with Pokemon and set in feudal Japan. If that sentence doesn't convince you I don't know what else will. Pokemon Conquest is a wonderful little tactics RPG about uniting the nation by conquering cities in Pokemon Battles. Each battlefield is unique and winning will often take strategy! You've really gotta think about where to move and what moves to use to win because these battles can be hard! And what's more is that there's TONS of postgame content that's also just as challenging as the core game.

edit pt 2
@Arcanedragon wrote on 2020-11-04 10:05:42:
Well, I shall now talk all about Petz Catz 2. That joy of a wii game has kept me entertained for countless hours. While the plotline if fairly simple, it's nice to just play through. Pretty calming too.

Finally. someone else played this game. I played the Dogz variant but they're the same game anyway...

Ivlet was the first video game character I really despised... I still can't beat the final boss no matter how hard I try.
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
I'm in love with the Monster Rancher series, since it's near and dear to my childhood.

I mainly play Monster Rancher 3, and then EVO, but I also have Monster Rancher 4 and the DS spinoff. 3, 4, and EVO are PS2 games while 1 and 2 are dinosaur PS1 games. So I guess that would explain why people don't play them really anymore. But what I don't get is apparently it's not been forgotten in Japan, since they're making ports for the Nintendo Switch and or mobile of the older games. I think the reason it never got popular in America or other places was the botched anime series they tried to make >-> The dubs were awful and I think it got banned in a few places. There's still a small fan base, but I can never seem to find anyone to talk to about it.

But the games are pretty good. Some people say it's a pokemon/digimon clone but in reality it's closer to Tamagotchi pets. You get 1 to 5 monsters, feed them, raise them up, take them through rank battles, then they passed away or retired, you'd get a new one, rinse and repeat. 3 gave some minor story and character elements and you could dress your monsters, while 4 and EVO were more RPG like. My one ex even said EVO had sort of a final fantasy feel about it.
I'm in love with the Monster Rancher series, since it's near and dear to my childhood.

I mainly play Monster Rancher 3, and then EVO, but I also have Monster Rancher 4 and the DS spinoff. 3, 4, and EVO are PS2 games while 1 and 2 are dinosaur PS1 games. So I guess that would explain why people don't play them really anymore. But what I don't get is apparently it's not been forgotten in Japan, since they're making ports for the Nintendo Switch and or mobile of the older games. I think the reason it never got popular in America or other places was the botched anime series they tried to make >-> The dubs were awful and I think it got banned in a few places. There's still a small fan base, but I can never seem to find anyone to talk to about it.

But the games are pretty good. Some people say it's a pokemon/digimon clone but in reality it's closer to Tamagotchi pets. You get 1 to 5 monsters, feed them, raise them up, take them through rank battles, then they passed away or retired, you'd get a new one, rinse and repeat. 3 gave some minor story and character elements and you could dress your monsters, while 4 and EVO were more RPG like. My one ex even said EVO had sort of a final fantasy feel about it.
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8