Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Unknown Video Games
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
the Nancy Drew pc game series has always been a childhood favorite of mine. The storylines may usually be a bit cheesy, but it can deliver a feeling of suspense with nothing more than the visuals of a room.
Typical horror games don't scare me, this is the only kind of spooky game I've enjoyed. The cheesy parts just end up being hilarious too.
the Nancy Drew pc game series has always been a childhood favorite of mine. The storylines may usually be a bit cheesy, but it can deliver a feeling of suspense with nothing more than the visuals of a room.
Typical horror games don't scare me, this is the only kind of spooky game I've enjoyed. The cheesy parts just end up being hilarious too.
68572896.png88337571.pnghe / him 110.png be kind pls87747951.png64198642.png
SOMA has been a horror game I loved since the moment I heard about it. It's really good but unfortunately it never got as much recognition as it deserves. The atmosphere of the game is absolutely amazing and I haven't found anything like it.
SOMA has been a horror game I loved since the moment I heard about it. It's really good but unfortunately it never got as much recognition as it deserves. The atmosphere of the game is absolutely amazing and I haven't found anything like it.
Children of Morta. I've barely ever seen anyone talk about it. It's a pretty good roguelite with interesting characters and some neat little narration. But the most notable thing about it: It has the smoothest pixel animation I've ever seen. For example, look at this this short little scene here. [img]http://img1.joyreactor.cc/pics/post/Pixel-Art-Pixel-Gif-Arvin-Garousi-Children-of-Morta-3357563.gif[/img] It's ridiculously good.
Children of Morta. I've barely ever seen anyone talk about it. It's a pretty good roguelite with interesting characters and some neat little narration.

But the most notable thing about it: It has the smoothest pixel animation I've ever seen. For example, look at this this short little scene here.
Pixel-Art-Pixel-Gif-Arvin-Garousi-Children-of-Morta-3357563.gif
It's ridiculously good.
oh while I'm on the subject of SPORE (several pages later lol) SPORE had many, many spinoffs, surprisingly. But my favorite would have to be SPORE Hero for the Wii. [img]https://i.imgur.com/qemIaof.jpg[/img] The plot is that you are a good creature born from a blue crystal and your sworn enemy is a bad creature born from a red crystal. You go around the world doing missions and collecting parts and stuff to ultimately beat the bad red crystal monster. Also, he evolves while you do, so by the end of the game he is a very formidable foe. It does have janky Wii motion controls but overall it's a solid game. My mom actually beat it before I did and was giving me pointers on the final boss fight.
oh while I'm on the subject of SPORE (several pages later lol)

SPORE had many, many spinoffs, surprisingly. But my favorite would have to be SPORE Hero for the Wii.

qemIaof.jpg

The plot is that you are a good creature born from a blue crystal and your sworn enemy is a bad creature born from a red crystal. You go around the world doing missions and collecting parts and stuff to ultimately beat the bad red crystal monster. Also, he evolves while you do, so by the end of the game he is a very formidable foe.

It does have janky Wii motion controls but overall it's a solid game. My mom actually beat it before I did and was giving me pointers on the final boss fight.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
I actually want to mention two games that I somewhat consider to be hidden gems.
The first is Monster Tale, it plays similar to a lot of the oldschool 2D metroid games but there is an added mechanic. The bottom screen is where you keep a monster that has decided to travel with you. You can touch the screen to bring it to the top for a limited time and it has different forms and abilities you can toggle with the R and L buttons. It's a surprisingly hard game, especially for a kids game (the first boss oh man).

The second is Monster Racer (I really liked monsters as a kid lol). You collect monsters like pokemon but instead of battling you race them. It can get monotonous at times but I absolutely love the designs of the monsters. They're pretty much all based on wildlife native to the place you are but with elemental powers or some alteration.

I was going to say Fossil Fighters but someone already mentioned it in this thread so I thought why not talk about two other games.
I actually want to mention two games that I somewhat consider to be hidden gems.
The first is Monster Tale, it plays similar to a lot of the oldschool 2D metroid games but there is an added mechanic. The bottom screen is where you keep a monster that has decided to travel with you. You can touch the screen to bring it to the top for a limited time and it has different forms and abilities you can toggle with the R and L buttons. It's a surprisingly hard game, especially for a kids game (the first boss oh man).

The second is Monster Racer (I really liked monsters as a kid lol). You collect monsters like pokemon but instead of battling you race them. It can get monotonous at times but I absolutely love the designs of the monsters. They're pretty much all based on wildlife native to the place you are but with elemental powers or some alteration.

I was going to say Fossil Fighters but someone already mentioned it in this thread so I thought why not talk about two other games.
Looking for Blood/Blood/Obsidian Dragon with plague eyes
I've been playing two pretty unknown games recently - Crosscode and Ni No Kuni. They're both a lot of fun, but sadly I have yet to meet anyone else who's played them... Edit: [quote name="Xionahri" date="2020-11-05 20:52:07" ] Children of Morta. I've barely ever seen anyone talk about it. It's a pretty good roguelite with interesting characters and some neat little narration. But the most notable thing about it: It has the smoothest pixel animation I've ever seen. For example, look at this this short little scene here. [img]http://img1.joyreactor.cc/pics/post/Pixel-Art-Pixel-Gif-Arvin-Garousi-Children-of-Morta-3357563.gif[/img] It's ridiculously good. [/quote] hey another Children of Morta fan! I played through it a few months ago, it was great! and yeah, the pixel animation is just so good!
I've been playing two pretty unknown games recently - Crosscode and Ni No Kuni. They're both a lot of fun, but sadly I have yet to meet anyone else who's played them...

Edit:
Xionahri wrote on 2020-11-05 20:52:07:
Children of Morta. I've barely ever seen anyone talk about it. It's a pretty good roguelite with interesting characters and some neat little narration.

But the most notable thing about it: It has the smoothest pixel animation I've ever seen. For example, look at this this short little scene here.
Pixel-Art-Pixel-Gif-Arvin-Garousi-Children-of-Morta-3357563.gif
It's ridiculously good.
hey another Children of Morta fan! I played through it a few months ago, it was great! and yeah, the pixel animation is just so good!
s7cpOmi.png
I have a few games I could suggest, but one I really want to talk about is this one. [img]https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/516VBM779SL._AC_UL600_SR423,600_.jpg[/img] This game was probably the first ocean game I ever played, and while it was difficult, it was one of my favourite games growing up. The makers later made a spiritual successor, the better known Endless Ocean series of the Wii.
I have a few games I could suggest, but one I really want to talk about is this one.
516VBM779SL._AC_UL600_SR423,600_.jpg
This game was probably the first ocean game I ever played, and while it was difficult, it was one of my favourite games growing up. The makers later made a spiritual successor, the better known Endless Ocean series of the Wii.
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
[quote name="Mynty" date="2020-10-25 13:34:45" ] To The Moon and Finding Paradise! There's a third installment coming out at the end of 2020 called Imposter Factory. These games are very emotional and tearjerking though there isn't much in terms of actual gameplay. The stories are beautiful though! Kan Gao, who is the director/composer of the games said "To the Moon was about seeking fantasy from reality, whereas Finding Paradise is about seeking reality from fantasy. Two sides of the same coin." It's very beautiful and on steam! I highly recommend! [/quote] The third installment's coming out soon? Damn am I ready to cry again. On another note. Child Of Light is gorgeous, it's wonderful, no one talks about it. Maybe it's not as good as I think it is but it will forever be one of my favorite games ever.
Mynty wrote on 2020-10-25 13:34:45:
To The Moon and Finding Paradise! There's a third installment coming out at the end of 2020 called Imposter Factory. These games are very emotional and tearjerking though there isn't much in terms of actual gameplay. The stories are beautiful though! Kan Gao, who is the director/composer of the games said "To the Moon was about seeking fantasy from reality, whereas Finding Paradise is about seeking reality from fantasy. Two sides of the same coin."

It's very beautiful and on steam! I highly recommend!
The third installment's coming out soon? Damn am I ready to cry again.

On another note. Child Of Light is gorgeous, it's wonderful, no one talks about it. Maybe it's not as good as I think it is but it will forever be one of my favorite games ever.

One day, will these too become but distant memories?
. . .
Yes, in the blink of an eye.

I love this game called Big Bang Mini for the Nintendo DS, however very few people seem to know about it. You use the touch screen to launch fireworks at monsters on the top screen, and it is soooo fun! There are many different worlds with varying art styles to play through. I remember getting stuck on some levels because this game is absolutely brutal at times. Also, the music SLAPS. It’s such a shame that this game might never see the light of day again due to it heavily utilizing the Nintendo DS’s design. However, if you are into arcade style shoot-em-ups and appreciate beautiful graphics and music, I would give Big Bang Mini a shot! [img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/OWWNB50Y90s/maxresdefault.jpg[/img] [rule] Two other unknown games I like are Drawn to Life and Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter. The platforming is pretty standard, but the bosses can be pretty challenging at times (cries in Angler King). The designs of the Raposa are also really cute. (^_^) [spoiler]The second game’s ending kinda scarred me when I was a kid, though. Jeez, I remember crying for hours. It was so jarring to me (as a kid) that I actually refused to play both games for about a year or two.[/spoiler] [center][img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ec/Drawn_to_Life_coverart.jpg[/img] [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/50/Drawn_to_Life_The_Next_Chapter_DS_cover.jpg/250px-Drawn_to_Life_The_Next_Chapter_DS_cover.jpg[/img]
I love this game called Big Bang Mini for the Nintendo DS, however very few people seem to know about it. You use the touch screen to launch fireworks at monsters on the top screen, and it is soooo fun! There are many different worlds with varying art styles to play through. I remember getting stuck on some levels because this game is absolutely brutal at times. Also, the music SLAPS. It’s such a shame that this game might never see the light of day again due to it heavily utilizing the Nintendo DS’s design. However, if you are into arcade style shoot-em-ups and appreciate beautiful graphics and music, I would give Big Bang Mini a shot!

maxresdefault.jpg

Two other unknown games I like are Drawn to Life and Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter. The platforming is pretty standard, but the bosses can be pretty challenging at times (cries in Angler King). The designs of the Raposa are also really cute. (^_^)

The second game’s ending kinda scarred me when I was a kid, though. Jeez, I remember crying for hours. It was so jarring to me (as a kid) that I actually refused to play both games for about a year or two.

Drawn_to_Life_coverart.jpg

250px-Drawn_to_Life_The_Next_Chapter_DS_cover.jpg
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
pokemon super mystery dungeon is so good. the ost, the story, the characters, the map, the gameplay.. i love everything about it and i never see people talking about it. the other mystery dungeon games such as explorers of sky are well-known, but i feel like pokemon super mystery dungeon is usually overlooked. it's one of my favorite video games ever and i genuinely fell in love with all of the characters, especially your partner. i wish some more people would give it love!
pokemon super mystery dungeon is so good. the ost, the story, the characters, the map, the gameplay.. i love everything about it and i never see people talking about it. the other mystery dungeon games such as explorers of sky are well-known, but i feel like pokemon super mystery dungeon is usually overlooked. it's one of my favorite video games ever and i genuinely fell in love with all of the characters, especially your partner. i wish some more people would give it love!
call me basil!
they/them
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8